The FM10 Danny Roberts Challenge

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nep, were you playing the game day and night to get to 3000 asap? :D

Just a random suggestion, but you got any plans to get yourself a Knockbreda shirt for Christmas, with Smylie's name at the back? Just a suggestion... :p (I remember someone in GD actually ordered a jersey of his favourite regen while managing at Barca :D)

Just a random suggestion, but you got any plans to get yourself a Knockbreda shirt for Christmas, with Smylie's name at the back? Just a suggestion... :p (I remember someone in GD actually ordered a jersey of his favourite regen while managing at Barca :D)

I had Sunday night off of work, so got through most of it then. He is actually in amazing form this season. Only took him 21 games to hit the 25 goals.

As for the shirt, I've tried already. I spoke to a lot of people, and eventually spoke to a woman who plays for the ladies team. She said the only way you can get one, is if you play for them, as they don't make or sell them otherwise. So I don't know how I'm going to get my hands on one :(

That is brilliant!!

I had Sunday night off of work, so got through most of it then. He is actually in amazing form this season. Only took him 21 games to hit the 25 goals.

As for the shirt, I've tried already. I spoke to a lot of people, and eventually spoke to a woman who plays for the ladies team. She said the only way you can get one, is if you play for them, as they don't make or sell them otherwise. So I don't know how I'm going to get my hands on one :(

That's not so brilliant.

Sex change, move to Ireland, get good at footy, play for Knockbreda, retire. Job done :cool:

Petition for a special exception Nep. :p I'm sure they would consider giving you a jersey once they realize the greatest FM player ever played for Knockbreda...the club is famous on the forums just because of you Nep. Gotta count for something. :D

iacovone, but he needs the Smylie name on the back of his shirt... :D

I'd have to change my name by deed poll :D

I've tried everything for a shirt, I really have. The club doesn't have an official website, and on the N. Irish football boards, the Knockbreda forum is always empty. Thats actually how I got talking to the female player. There really is little hope :(

Once again, congrats on an epic, epic achievement Nep. Would I be right in thinking Smylie's 1000th goal was posted in the FM08 versio of this thread, 2000th in the FM09 version and 3000th here? :D

What kind of goal was it? A suitably spectacular one or a toe poke? ;)

I think the word legend is banded about too much these days.

But I think in this case both Nep and Smylie are deserving of it. :thup:

Are you going to have a crack at Gundo's challenge on FM2010 NepentheZ?

I'm undecided as yet. I'll wait for the next patch (which has been spoken about being released pre-christmas). If I still can't get into the game then, then I think I'll leave this years edition, and carry on with FM08. If I like it, I'll either attempt the 10 tier challenge, dafuge's, or Gundo's. Not sure which yet. (I can play FM08 alongside FM10, so will be carrying on with that anyway, but at a slower pace.)

I also want to have a career with Arsenal. Even though I support them, I haven't managed them since FM06 :D

This is undoubtedly one of the best things I've ever seen, congrats Nep / Smylie!

Cheers dude. And thanks to everyone else, too :D

i'm undecided as yet. I'll wait for the next patch (which has been spoken about being released pre-christmas). If i still can't get into the game then, then i think i'll leave this years edition, and carry on with fm08. If i like it, i'll either attempt the 10 tier challenge, dafuge's, or gundo's. Not sure which yet. (i can play fm08 alongside fm10, so will be carrying on with that anyway, but at a slower pace.)

i also want to have a career with arsenal. Even though i support them, i haven't managed them since fm06 :D

Ah right, good to see you're gonna keep going with FM08 aswell :D. I remember reading your updates back on FM08 in the Gundo challenge, didn't realise you would be still going till I saw on the Gundo challenge this year! You've really created a bit of a dynasty with Knockbreda! Maybe you should try for another 3000 goal player :D

And yeah, I support Birmingham City but I havent managed them since 07 I dont think (might even have been 06), flippin' challenges :p

On behalf of Santy (From Last years thread)

Before the game started Keirrison had:

32 Games | 12 Goals

Keirrison, Age 35, 103 caps | 219 goals

2008 | Games: 11 | Goals: 13 | Ass: 2 | MoM: 3

2009 | Games: 23(1) | Goals: 18 | Ass: 5 | MoM: 7

2010 | Games: 15 | Goals: 13 | Ass: 4 | MoM: 7

2011 | Games: 38(1) | Goals: 46 | Ass: 19 | MoM: 19

2012 | Games: 58 | Goals: 113 | Ass: 5 | MoM: 33

2013 | Games: 58(1) | Goals: 125 | Ass: 14 | MoM: 32

2014 | Games: 55 | Goals: 130 | Ass: 14 | MoM: 40

2015 | Games: 63 | Goals: 149 | Ass: 12 | MoM: 46

2016 | Games: 61 | Goals: 121 | Ass: 14 | MoM: 42

2017 | Games: 63 | Goals: 160 | Ass: 20 | MoM: 51

2018 (stoke) | Games: 32 | Goals: 85 | Ass: 8 | MoM: 26

2018 (real madrid) | Games: 27 | Goals: 28 | Ass: 10 | MoM: 4

2019 | Games: 53 | Goals: 50 | Ass: 10 | MoM: 5

2020 (real madrid) | Games: 26 | Goals: 27 | Ass: 7 | MoM: 2

2020 (stoke) | Games: 25 | Goals: 64 | Ass: 12 | MoM: 17

2021 | Games: 59(1) | Goals: 117 | Ass: 42 | MoM: 25

2022 | Games: 56(1) | Goals: 170 | Ass: 54 | MoM: 25

2023 | Games: 64 | Goals: 138 | Ass: 35 | MoM: 37

2024 | Games: 67 | Goals: 137 | Ass: 40 | MoM: 32

2025 | Games: 4 | Goals: 11 | Ass: 3 | MoM: 4

Totals:

Stoke

703 Games | 1555 Goals

Brazil

103 Games | 219 Goals

Overall

971 Games | 1946 Goals

Never knew Keirrison was quite so close to 2,000 goals. I'm going to have to keep on playing up until he hits the 2,000 mark now; he should hit it this season.

Also never saw the transfer for Keirrison, but it was only 70m or so upfront, I have had issues with a few transfers. Martin Rusol was loaned to a side with a future fee of £4.75m and it somehow ended up going through at £16m. It was started on 9.2 though, so there's a few bugs still in there.

How do you get players to score so many goals?

Is that down to your tactics? Or down to Kerrison being so good? Or Kerrison suiting your tactic so well?

I don't get it, let me know how you did it! :)

He just fitted the role in my tactic perfectly, and as he aged I adjusted it to keep him the central focus. At the end of the season though, over 90% of my teams goals came from that position, with midfielders racking up 30/40 assists each and my targetman the same.

First season he did great anyway, and I expected that to be as good as it got, but this was a time when the AI managers were diminishing, and my Stoke team were going from strength to strength. If I'd had the team from like 2020 onwards 10 years earlier when I first got Keirrison; I think he would have gotten a few hundred more goals as well especially if he hadn't left for Real Madrid for 2 years.

It's the same deal as Nep really, capitalising on a weak league - the premiership was very much a weak, open league other than me finishing top every year. Arsenal and Man City had even fallen from power, one year West Brom finished 3rd, next season they got relegated. Watford got promoted and finished 6th, then finished 15th, then 4th. It was easy to dominate in the end.

He just fitted the role in my tactic perfectly, and as he aged I adjusted it to keep him the central focus. At the end of the season though, over 90% of my teams goals came from that position, with midfielders racking up 30/40 assists each and my targetman the same.

First season he did great anyway, and I expected that to be as good as it got, but this was a time when the AI managers were diminishing, and my Stoke team were going from strength to strength. If I'd had the team from like 2020 onwards 10 years earlier when I first got Keirrison; I think he would have gotten a few hundred more goals as well especially if he hadn't left for Real Madrid for 2 years.

It's the same deal as Nep really, capitalising on a weak league - the premiership was very much a weak, open league other than me finishing top every year. Arsenal and Man City had even fallen from power, one year West Brom finished 3rd, next season they got relegated. Watford got promoted and finished 6th, then finished 15th, then 4th. It was easy to dominate in the end.

Santy, would you mind posting a link to your tactic again please?

Just a quick note from me to say that my save and Brennan isn't dead, but i've barely had time to play FM09 since my last update due to schoolwork and the like :( I'm also having to un-install and re-install without steam (backing up my saves of course! :D) as 9.3.1 has mucked up my game :(

I should be back up and running in around a week's time though :thup:

The latter incarnations of that tactic were probably the best but I never uploaded them; my thread had fallen into disuse by that time so didn't see the point in bringing it back to life lol. It really does revolve around turning all play through one man and it takes a good player to be up to it all the time. It was a tactic that when used right though, was something the match engine couldn't handle or stop.

Despite being 35, Svec still managed to score at better than 1 goal every 2 games, as he scored 31 in 53 appearances, and he is slowly making his way towards 1200 goals, and is also approaching 1000 appearances for East Belfast.

Svec Profile

Svec Season 1: 8 goals

Svec Season 2:78 goals

Svec Season 3: 158 goals

Svec Season 4: 248 goals

Svec Season 5: 313 goals

Svec Season 6: 346 goals

Svec Season 7: 443 goals

Svec Season 8 : 551 goals

Svec Season 9 : 675 goals

Svec Season 10 : 770 goals

Svec Season 11 : 857 goals

Svec Season 12 : 964 goals

Svec Season 13 : 1031 goals

Svec Season 14 : 1073 goals

Svec Season 15 : 1104 goals

Svec Season 16 : 1135 goals

Svec Summary:

Appearances: 881

Goals: 1135

Int'l Caps: 3

Int'l Goals: 0

Svec as he was when he reached 1000:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/kroblues/Svec1000.jpg

Spence is still defying all expectations, and he yet again broke his record for league goals in a season. He scored 83 this year in the league and 170 in total, from only 66 appearances. The next target is for him to get a 3 goals per game season, or maybe break 200 for the first time in my game. 4 more international goals meant that he is rapidly closing in on 800 goals for East Belfast.

Paul Spence summary so far (Age 23)

Appearances: 418

Goals: 774

Int'l Caps: 41

Int'l Goals: 22

Total Goals: 796

After 500 goals

Svec's still going strong, even at the age of 36. He got another 55 appearances and scored 32 more goals. He probably only has a couple more years in him at the most, but his finishing and composure have remained more or less constant for about five years now, even if his physical stats have gone completely down the pan. As long as he's fit he plays at this point though.

Svec Profile

Svec Season 17 : 1167 goals

Svec Summary:

Appearances: 936

Goals: 1167

And now for the undoubted star of the show at East Belfast now. Yet again Paul Spence broke his record for both goals in a season and league goals in a season. He scored 181 goals this season, with 85 in the league. These came from just 66 appearances, so he is closing in on that magic 3-per-game ratio he has been striving towards for a few years now. Another 6 goals for Northern Ireland have also pushed his total amount of goals up, and he has a better than 1-in-2 ratio for his country, with 29 goals in 50 caps. At only 24 he should easily power past 100 caps for his country.

Paul Spence summary so far (Age 24)

Appearances: 484

Goals: 955

Int'l Caps: 50

Int'l Goals: 29

Total Goals: 984

After 500 goals

Incredibly close to joining the 1000 goals club now, and is also very close to a 2-per-game career ratio for goals to games, which possibly gives him a shot at 2500, if this rate continues and he gets to 1250 appearances, which is certainly a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any joy with FM10 yet? I'm beginning to get to that point in the game where a few teams are becoming about 50/50 between regens and default players so some potentially insane high scorers could be on the horizon soon.

Good work on getting a second Kroblues. If you get Spence to 2000 if will be a fair achievement, I still intend to get Keirrison there sooner or later its just a matter of getting back into FM09.

37 and still going strong, Josef Svec is slowly accumulating goals at a decent rate, as he scored another 31 this year, in 63 appearances. While he probably only has a couple more years in him at best, he's still performing well enough that the side isn't carrying him. He is also ridiculously close to 1000 appearances for East Belfast, as you can see below. His 3 caps just about push him over the 1000 game milestone, but it's a better achievement if they are all for East Belfast.

Svec Profile

Svec Season 17 : 1167 goals

Svec Season 18 : 1198 goals

Svec Summary:

Appearances: 999

Goals: 1198

Now for Paul Spence, and he had the best year in his career by far, as he finally managed to break the 3 goals-per-game mark, albeit only just, and also scored more than 200 in a single season. His 208 goals from 69 appearances pushed him way over the 1000 goal mark, and he is very close to overtaking Svec for the top goalscorer for East Belfast title. He is also now over 2 goals-per-game for his entire career, and with at least 6 seasons left at the top of his game, 2,000 should be easily within his grasp. Another 3 international goals meant he is only 18 behind the top all-time Northern Ireland goalscorer.

Spence Season 1: 7 goals

Spence Season 2:18 goals

Spence Season 3: 94 goals

Spence Season 4: 177 goals

Spence Season 5: 285 goals

Spence Season 6: 428 goals

Spence Season 7: 604 goals

Spence Season 8 : 774 goals

Spence Season 9 : 955 goals

Spence Season 10 : 1163 goals

Paul Spence summary so far (Age 25)

Appearances: 553

Goals: 1163

Int'l Caps: 56

Int'l Goals: 32

Total Goals: 1195

After 1000 goals

Next target for Spence is to hit 100 league goals in a season

Anyone had any joy with FM10 yet? I'm beginning to get to that point in the game where a few teams are becoming about 50/50 between regens and default players so some potentially insane high scorers could be on the horizon soon.

I have got a guy scoring a few hundred for me... Has anyone here played without real players before? I am doing so with Real Madrid, and an edited db to see if smaller teams can do better with fake players, I am managing Madrid, and we are caning it with an unknown Italian scoring hundreds. Paul Taylor is a nutter as well, but the processing time is the main obstacle to him becoming a 1000 man, which is a shame.

What makes it easier in Northern Ireland is that it's an awful standard of league, so it's easy to dominate. Once you start winning the league regularly, even the youth players that come through tend to be of a good enough standard to have a bash at winning the league. Then all it takes is a decent tactic and the right attributes. Bear in mind that Spence is the result of about 30 batches of youth players, and he's the only one that's done that spectacularly well.

How do you guys find these beasts? HOW? I've never been able to find a striker even 1/10th as good as this! Dont think I have ever had a player score even score more than a goal a game in a season! What do I need to do to have a player like that?!

Yeah best I've had on FM10 thus far is slightly better than 1 goal in 2 games (230 goals in nearly 400 games). I think I can probably get as good as 1 in 1 once the current restrictions on my team (i.e. tiny stadium so no money to spend, and only just got decent youth facilities) are lifted.

I've got Keirrison in a network game on FM10 with a mate, unfortunately due to him hosting I haven't been able to branch off my own save, but Keirrison scored a fair in his first season and is on course for about 70 this season. So he could be in with a shout of making a 1000 if all goes well but it being a network game its going much slower.

I'm just digging out my old hard drive for FM09 so I can get Keirrison still pushing onwards.

Frank Dunlop : The Story so far

2039 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 43 | Goals, 38 | Ass, 50 | MoM, 2 | GPG 0.88

2040 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 55 | Goals, 49 | Ass, 61 | MoM, 7 | GPG 0.89

2041 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 48 | Goals, 55 | Ass, 54 | MoM, 1 | GPG 1.15

2042 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 63 | Goals, 75 | Ass, 69 | MoM, 11 | GPG 1.15

2043 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 65 | Goals, 75 | Ass, 74 | MoM, 12 | GPG 1.19

2044 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 46 | Goals, 75 | Ass, 74 | MoM, 9 | GPG 1.63

2045 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 61 | Goals, 63 | Ass, 68 | MoM, 7 | GPG 1.03

2046 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 65 | Goals, 77 | Ass, 67 | MoM, 16 | GPG 1.18

2047 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 63 | Goals, 95 | Ass, 67 | MoM, 16 | GPG 1.50

2048 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 54 | Goals, 84 | Ass, 53 | MoM, 15 | GPG 1.55

2049 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 46 | Goals, 59 | Ass, 23 | MoM, 8 | GPG 1.28

2050 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 53 | Goals, 71 | Ass, 24 | MoM, 12 | GPG 1.34

2051 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 52 | Goals, 62 | Ass, 18 | MoM, 17 | GPG 1.19

2052 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 53 | Goals, 57 | Ass, 17 | MoM, 13 | GPG 1.07

2053 - Frank Dunlop | Games, 54 | Goals, 40 | Ass, 15 | MoM, 10 | GPG 0.74

Totals :

Knockbreda : Games, 821 | Goals, 975 | Ass, 733 | MoM, 171

N. Ireland : Games, 59 | Goals, 15

Games : 880

Goals : 990

Assists : 733

MotM : 171

10 more to go before franky boy hits the 1,000 mark, and becomes amazingly the THIRD player to hit the 1,000 mark

Andrew Smylie - The Story so far :

2032 | Games, 45 | Goals, 85 | Assists, 13 | MoM, 20 | GPG 1.88

2033 | Games, 57 | Goals, 112 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 31 | GPG 1.96

2034 | Games, 61 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 31 | MoM, 38 | GPG 2.56

2035 | Games, 67 | Goals, 204 | Assists, 27 | MoM, 47 | GPG 3.04

2036 | Games, 53 | Goals, 190 | Assists, 26 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.58

2037 | Games, 48 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 38 | GPG 3.25

2038 | Games, 62 | Goals, 228 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 50 | GPG 3.68

2039 | Games, 52 | Goals, 170 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 40 | GPG 3.27

2040 | Games, 61 | Goals, 181 | Assists, 38 | MoM, 47 | GPG 2.97

2041 | Games, 48 | Goals, 142 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 30 | GPG 2.96

2042 | Games, 58 | Goals, 158 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 41 | GPG 2.72

2043 | Games, 55 | Goals, 177 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.21

2044 | Games, 60 | Goals, 185 | Assists, 35 | MoM, 41 | GPG 3.08

2045 | Games, 54 | Goals, 143 | Assists, 23 | MoM, 35 | GPG 2.65

2046 | Games, 59 | Goals, 159 | Assists, 30 | MoM, 36 | GPG 2.69

2047 | Games, 57 | Goals, 140 | Assists, 40 | MoM, 32 | GPG 2.45

2048 | Games, 58 | Goals, 122 | Assists, 32 | MoM, 34 | GPG 2.10

2049 | Games, 47 | Goals, 88 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 22 | GPG 1.87

2050 | Games, 55 | Goals, 77 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 19 | GPG 1.40

2051 | Games, 66 | Goals, 51 | Assists, 21 | MoM, 8 | GPG 0.77

2052 | Games, 60 | Goals, 51 | Assists, 12 | MoM, 14 | GPG 0.85

2053 | Games, 60 | Goals, 70 | Assists, 22 | MoM, 21 | GPG 1.16

Club Totals :

[smylie is now 38 Years Old]

Games, 1243 | Goals, 3045 | Assists, 596 | MoM, 718 | GPG 2.45

N. Ireland

Games, 118 | Goals, 64

*Smylie is now N. Irelands All Time Record Goal Scorer

Career Totals

Games - 1,361

Goals - 3,109

Assists - 596

MoM - 718

So there is is. 3,100 *TICK*. I mean, where does he stop? 3,300? 3,500? He's 38 years old now, and isn't retiring yet, but just how long can he continue? Also, how incredible is 1,361 games from a player..!! 1,500 Games would be AMAZING if he can make it. thats 3 seasons, realistically. 2 seasons if I play him in every game, which I just can't do anymore..!!

Fantastic stuff Nep, the legend marches on into his 24th season, and with no sign of retirement on the horizon! :thup: 1,500 apps would be immense.

The only thing left to do is get the Northern Ireland job and give Smylie the 2 caps that he needs to break the all-time record :D

Archived