FM 10: Official West Ham United

Jamie543

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got sacked so started again. Changed back to classic tactics and now play a 4-4-1-1. By accident I put Dyer as a PM and he has been on fire. 5 goals in 3 games and ratings of above 7 even an 8.9 rating away against Villa.

Doing ok now and reside 6th in the Prem approaching Christmas.

Not sure what to do with Dean Ashton now though as it seems a bit odd playing the fella now he has retired!

After a break from football manager for my exams I am back to my West Ham save

I have just gone past January in my second season and have qualified for the knockout stages of the champions league where i have been drawn against Ajax, i am pretty confident about going through to the next round

Transfers

IN:

Robin Nesheim (Regen) - Brann - 500k

Marcelo (Regen) - Corinthians - 3.6m

Burak Odabasi (Regen) - Austria Wien - 2.5m

David Luiz - Benfica - 8m

Yoann Gourcuff - Bordeaux - 17.m

Gerson - Gremio - 240k

Nicolas Pinero (Regen) - Nacional - 925k

Guillermo Ochoa - America - 6.5m

OUT:

Julien Faubert - Bolton - 5.25m

Radoslav Kovac - Wigan - Loan Fee 475k

Sol Campbell - Newcastle - 325k

Jack Werndly - Stoke - 250k

Daniel Gabbidon - Celtic - 1.5m

Callum Davenport - Newcastle - 3.5m

and a few youngsters out on loan

Hey. Just started a save with West Ham, doing great, 5th in the league (sorry dont know how to post screenshots). I have a question, how would you play Dean Ashton??

I play him as a complete forward with support. I'm near the end of January in my second season and he's scored 25 in 22, with 17 in 17 in the league.

finished my first season in 4th place. not too bad, and i probably would have placed higher if i didn't have a string of big four teams + freaking tottenham towards the end

now on the second season, i blew my entire transfer budget on macheda and dzegoev, and i don't regret any of it. they're both great. dzegoev is about 5 years younger than jimenez and plays at a much higher level than him, and macheda is pretty much as good as diamanti and he's still improving rapidly.

Other Rivals - Man Utd ? not since the 70's this always anoys me why FM put this on the Information screen. I have been going to West Ham 15 years and put this on other forums and 90% people do not think they are a rival of us.

I feel bad getting rid of Deano on the game might make him Coach or something. : (

I\'m West Ham in an online game at the moment, is it alright if I post my squad on Thursday so you can see it?

The star man is Simon Vuckevic, who has scored 16 goals from midfield IIRC. Other transfers in included Chamakh, Mitea, Gunnarson, Bardsley and Bramble.

haha, i started a new game because of the patch (which is fantastic by the way), and i actually managed to sell dyer. i've never been able to sell off dyer! i managed to get a good 4 million off of him, which is fantastic :D

Have they taken Ashton off the 10.2 patch?

My West Ham save has since got better, beat Spurs in the Euro Cup Final :D ... One year after they beat me in the FA Cup Final, and i have just pulled off an all time legendary win in the European Super Cup, beating AC Milan 2-0!!! But the club have sold Dean Ashton for 15 million to Inter Milan, with the board automatically accepting the bid :(

Started with West Ham with the new patch 10.2.

Experimenting the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation, call as u want. Picture below:

kdjsdv.jpg

Transfers in:

- Paolo Cannavaro (Napoli) On Loan, Fee: 1.3M Euro

- Henk Timmer Signed on Free

- Mariusz Lewandowski (Shakhtar Donetsk) On Loan, Fee: 500K Euro

- Nick Shorey FB (Aston Villa) Bought, Fee: 4.2M Euro

Transfers Out:

- Junior Stanislas (Arsenal) Sold, Fee: 4.2M Euro (Fans liked the fact that I sold him)

- Jonathan Spector (Zenit) Sold, Fee: 3.4M Euro

Loaned and sold some reserves, got 1.09M Euro.

Results so far:

Won against Fulham 3:0 and Leeds 3:1.

Draw against Blackburn 0:0.

Lost against Liverpool 0:2 and against Man City 0:3.

Will update results and how the tactic is going on, Valon Behrami is injured but he will be a big difference to the final outcome of my tactic when he's back.

Sadly the board doesn't give me any transfer money so I am left with only one SW.

Just decided to start my first long term game of the new edition. After playing for a while with alot of random teams i have finally settled on West Ham.

Squad Analysis

Good potential in areas of the team. Alot of ageing rubbish but a fairly decent spine to maintain a mid table finish.

So £0 in the bank i decided to reduce the team to a bare minimum with player sales and then Build it back up

Sold

Spector - £3.8mill

Ilunga - £5mill

Gabiddon - £6mill

Da Costa - £3mill

Dyer - £7mill

Hines - £4mill

Faubert - £8mill + 25% of sell on (Arsenal woo hoo)

Franco - £2mill

Quashie - 500k

Kovac - £4.5mill

It gave me a transfer kitty of approx £35million (20% went to the board grrrrr!)

Here comes the re-building process

Areola - 60k

Diego Renan £10mill (8mill over 48mths)

Zuiverloon - £4mill

Otamendi - £2.7mill

Shawcross £6.5mill (4mill over 48mths)

Martin Olsson £3mill

Ignacio Camacho £1mill

Adam Johnson £2.5mill + 50% sell on

Andre-Pierre Gignac - 5mill + 50% sell on

Borja Baston £1.2mill

Jonathan Cristaldo £1.5mill

So a Squad which looks like

Green / Areola

Renan / Zuiverloon

Shawcross / Tomkins

Otamendi / Upson

Olsson / Daprela

Behrami / Stanislas

Noble / Collison

Parker / Camacho

Jimenez / Johnson

Cole / Gignac / Diamanti

Baston / Cristaldo

Started the season pretty well 5 wins 1 loss (arsenal away 90th min bendtner goal) so am sitting 5th in premiership with a game in hand. and safely through to 3rd round of League cup

Mark Noble is awesome 6goals so far easily best perfomer and Upson Shawcross partnership is trully amazing 2 goals conceded so far 1 v Arsenal away and 1 v Bolton Home (Pen)

Diego Renan is an absolute must buy. First time i have brought him and avg rating of 8.05 with 3 goals and 3 assists.....

Dissapointed with Cole, Gignac, Cristaldo and Diamanti not a goal between the 3 of them in the league thus far. 3 in LC v Scunny for Gignac.

Cole and Gignac were banging them in pre-season also so not sure whats happening

About to play Everton back to back in Prem and LC 3rd round. Will keep you posted.

Would love to hear your thoughts!!

Just decided to start my first long term game of the new edition. After playing for a while with alot of random teams i have finally settled on West Ham.

Squad Analysis

Good potential in areas of the team. Alot of ageing rubbish but a fairly decent spine to maintain a mid table finish.

So £0 in the bank i decided to reduce the team to a bare minimum with player sales and then Build it back up

Sold

Spector - £3.8mill

Ilunga - £5mill

Gabiddon - £6mill

Da Costa - £3mill

Dyer - £7mill

Hines - £4mill

Faubert - £8mill + 25% of sell on (Arsenal woo hoo)

Franco - £2mill

Quashie - 500k

Kovac - £4.5mill

It gave me a transfer kitty of approx £35million (20% went to the board grrrrr!)

Here comes the re-building process

Areola - 60k

Diego Renan £10mill (8mill over 48mths)

Zuiverloon - £4mill

Otamendi - £2.7mill

Shawcross £6.5mill (4mill over 48mths)

Martin Olsson £3mill

Ignacio Camacho £1mill

Adam Johnson £2.5mill + 50% sell on

Andre-Pierre Gignac - 5mill + 50% sell on

Borja Baston £1.2mill

Jonathan Cristaldo £1.5mill

So a Squad which looks like

Green / Areola

Renan / Zuiverloon

Shawcross / Tomkins

Otamendi / Upson

Olsson / Daprela

Behrami / Stanislas

Noble / Collison

Parker / Camacho

Jimenez / Johnson

Cole / Gignac / Diamanti

Baston / Cristaldo

Started the season pretty well 5 wins 1 loss (arsenal away 90th min bendtner goal) so am sitting 5th in premiership with a game in hand. and safely through to 3rd round of League cup

Mark Noble is awesome 6goals so far easily best perfomer and Upson Shawcross partnership is trully amazing 2 goals conceded so far 1 v Arsenal away and 1 v Bolton Home (Pen)

Diego Renan is an absolute must buy. First time i have brought him and avg rating of 8.05 with 3 goals and 3 assists.....

Dissapointed with Cole, Gignac, Cristaldo and Diamanti not a goal between the 3 of them in the league thus far. 3 in LC v Scunny for Gignac.

Cole and Gignac were banging them in pre-season also so not sure whats happening

About to play Everton back to back in Prem and LC 3rd round. Will keep you posted.

Would love to hear your thoughts!!

You did really well selling those players for that money, Dyer for 7mill!! I couldnt give him away. To solve your striking problems, sign Artem Milevskyi, he was great for me, about 30 goals in all comps

i have found that since 10.2 u can sell almost any player for double there value... hence the big budgets!!

Run out of money now. i looked at milevsky as he was a demon for me on FM09 and i always then sold him to chelsea 2nd season for 30mill......

I aint too worried about the goals so far as the midfield are scoring plenty, just hoping that they will fire soon as who knows where i will end up if my forwards start chipping in!!

I managed to get Hamsik and Zapata in the second season by Exchanging players. Found this a useful way to get a better player by giving them the player they are interested in. Zapata With Tomkins and Hamsik with Jack Collison. :D

Ok finished the 1st season now...

Lost in 3rd round of LC away to Everton.

Semi Finalists FA v Chelsea lost 2-1

Finished 8th in Prem 1 point of tottingham and europe!! ARRGHHHHHHH. Run in was Utd away, Arsenal home and Chelsea away..... i took 1 point!!!!!!!

Got bought out by a director in November time and gave no new funds have the loans still etc. however my balance was a healthy 10mill so i see that as an achievement, all of a sudden balance 01/01/10 chairman issues 21mill transfer kitty and balance is at 25 mill!!!!

So i signed

Milevsky (as recommended on here) 10MILL

Nilmar (Villerreal transfer listed him???) 5.75mill

Milner 10mill

Sold Stanislas 5mill

and another youthy for about 2mill

ok new season just started and i have 28million pound transfer kitty and i have promised european football for next season.. i think i can do it,

Squad is

Green, Areola,

Diego Renan(turned into wonderkid) Gianni Zuiverloon

Upson / Tomkins

Shawcross / Otamendi

Martin Olsson (Youth player of year in prem finished 2nd best player with 7.95 behind green @ 8.35)

Milner

Noble / Camacho

Parker / Collison

Jimenez (signed on perm deal 3mill was class 7.15rating and happy to play wide left) +Adam Johnson (Not that great i am thinking of binning off)

Cole - 16goals last term

Gignac - 16 goals also

Milevsky - 4in 4 starts and 4 sub appearances (not bad)

Nilmar - 10 in 10 - SUPER STAR IN MAKING!!

All players finished with above 7 rating which is a first for me. Except Zuiverloon 6.96 (in fair i signed 2 good young RB as Zuiverloon has impressed on here before and i took a risk on Renan, however Zuiverloon will not get a look in as Renan no injuries all year 8 goals and nearly 15 assists!!!!)

I am happy with Strike force and defence. I am unsure whether Parker and Noble (Both solid throughout last term) have what it takes to take me that 1 step further.

Do i a) Sign a new Wide Left and move Jimmy into the Centre

b) Sign a new CM and keep jimmy on left

c) Instead of splashing out on 1 player sign a back up wide player for jimmy and a sort of class CM.

I am in the mind set of using 20mill sign one player and improve that way. squad has had a massive overhaul and i want to only now bring in world class players that are outstanding!!

Thoughts and feedback on my season and dilemna would be greatly appreciated....... Also if you think i am looking at wrong area to improve let me know

The team itself is actually alright to start off with. There is talent with Behrami (when he gets fit), Faubert, Parker, Upson, Green, Cole (I think he may have been upgraded in 10.2), Jiminez, Noble, Kovac and Collison among others. The only real hurdle is the financial constraints, but you get taken over within the first year, so you just have to wait it out.

I'm really enjoying my West Ham save, I was taken over by Ralph Gold and he injected $180m into the coffers, and gave me $30m to spend. Currently 5th in the league, behind Chelsea (4th, 8 points ahead of me). I bought players like Hamsik, Balotelli, Defour, and sold Dyer, Diamanti, Boa Morte, as well as other fringe players. I refined my squad to play a 4-2-2-2 and they are doing really well, though I'm seeing $2m-$4m losses every month due to my transfer spending, but Ralphy is gonna take care of that.

Gandy.

Edit: I'm having issues scoring goals, but I only concede one every two/three games. Any Help?

just started a new west ham save after really getting the hang on my milan save. i immediately sold dyer for 9.75m, gabbidon for 5.75, spector for 3.8m, and loaned out a bunch of other players including ilunga (he's just so awful every time i play, i just decided that i'm best off without him for a while). i bought otamendi and dzagoev with the money that i got since i felt the squad could use some stars.

WestHamUnited.png

Started a west ham save for the first time as a challenge and so far i think im doinh OK.

Couldnt remember all my transfers so posted a screenie for quicknes.Most of my transfers are over 48 months,im loosing about 2.5m a month from my balance but i still have about 24m and the board have just upped my transfer budget from 7m to 36m.

So far in the league p14 w6 d5 l3 im unbeaten in 8 and that includes trips to chelsea,arsenal,and man utd. .

Im through to the semi of the carling cup where il meet the winners of chelsea/aston villa,ive had an easy ride so far with home ties against ipswich,sheff utd,west brom and away to leeds!

Il do another post at the end of the season:D:D

hi.. just started one myself... looking at the squad I could see I needed to base my spine around the core english lads..

so i wanted to build my team around green, upson, parker and cole

here are my transfers... I have around 16mil left to spend but my balance is only around 16 aswell so I want to try and stay in the green if possible so no more buys unless you guys can see any glaring holes

transfersm.th.jpg

so my first 11 looks like this.

teame.th.jpg

im 3 games into my prem season and so far ive got a record of played:3 won:3 and im sitting in 2nd with a game in hand :) lovely.

cole is a monster as you'd expect and parker and upson are superb.. as is camara at right back who's playing out of his skin.

diamanti is a bit of an enigma and is playing a bit like real life tbh... has a great game where he runs the show and then is totally anonymous the next.... wierd. and im not sure how to play him tbh..

theres talk of a consortium possibly headed by a former footballer taking over so we shall see :)

having a lot of fun so far with this save.. especially with how my youngsters are progressing , even now at this early stage

Just a wee update on my season so far!

Doing really well in the league,played 28 games and im sitting 5th,11 points ahead of arsenal in 6th and only 2 points behind man utd in 4th who i just destroyed 4-0 at home.

Got knocked out of carling cup in the semis loosing 6-1 away to chelsea then drawing 0-0 at home.

Fa cups going well,had an easy cup run again drawing championship teams or lower all the way to the quarters where il meet spurs away.

Signed sakho,leo and defederico in january so im now about 4mil in the red and loosing about 3.5mil a month.

Welliton has been my star signing leading the prem scoring charts with 23 so far.

So getting that euro spots looking good for my first season.

Hi all im in January here what has happend

Competitions:

Premier League

After 22 games im sitting 9th in the league on 36 points (10 wins 6 loses 6 draws) im 6 points clear of Villa who are 10th.

Carling Cup

2nd round i face Colchester game ends 2-0 to West Ham with Diamanti and Cole Scoreing

3rd round i end up facing Man Utd games end 3-1 after extra time with West Ham losing

FA Cup

3rd round i get put against Villa game ends 1-1 with the replay to be at Upton Park

Board Take Over

I have been taken over by a consortium headed by Ralph Gold who wanted to name Alan Shearer new manager but he changed his mind. Most of the loans have been payed off just left with a £12M loan till 2034 with £52K per month being payed off.

The Board have also started upgrading the Youth and Training Facilities which is going to cost just under £16M. I have been given just £5M to spend but im not to worried as the team seem to be playing quite well.

Just finished first season with the hammers.

Finished 5th in the league (p38 w23 d9 l6 f77 a35) 1 point behind liverpool and 17 ahead of arsenal in 6th.

Carling cup-semiv chelsea (1-6agg)

FA Cup quarters v spurs (3-5)

Welliton finished the prem top scorer with 27 and bernardo took the young player of the year award with an average of 7.42.

Il post a screenie of my pre season transfers for the new season below....

WestHamUnited-2.png

Results so far in the new season..

Arsenal a lost 0-1

Fc vaslui a won 3-1

Spurs h won 1-0

Fc vaslui h won 2-0

Has everyone here had a board takeover, as I haven't? There have been negotiations going on from the turn of the year until September (2010), but the person trying to takeover has just pulled out of negotiations for good, and now Bernhardt is saying he's 'enjoying life at the club'.

Also, what are people average ticket prices like? I've just noticed mine's at £63.50... extortionate!!!

I brought in Adriano for 9.75 in the summer of '10. Absolute bargain, he's bangin' them in ;)

Yeah I got Adriano in my first season in January had to sell Diamanti for him at £6'5 mil, sucked hard for me though, Ebi Smolarek is really good, scored 90 goals in 2 seasons with my Leeds team, don't know if he'll cut it in the prem though but he is avaliable for free though. I saw the Hammers get taken over during my first season by a Serbian businessman who made £132 million avaliable for transfers :eek:

two weeks in a german businessman roland kentsch was taking over with a consortium... but thats been cancelled now.... sigh... so im waiting for a new offer for the club to come... i do hope its a rich businessman... or at least that they clear our debts... im losing millions a month still :(

Thought i'd join in the challenge being West Ham. On the 1st patch, so it might be a little different to everyone else.

Formation i am going to use is the same one i used with Liverpool 4-1-2-1-2, Wingers, DM & AM.. So really a diamond 4-4-2. So Noble or Collison will be getting into the side unless i can retain Noble as an AM or DM. I sold on Collison which now i am regretting.. :( But we'll see what happens from now on.

So here are the transfers in the summer of 09/10:

Brought in;

Keko - Free

Verratti - 110k

Buonanotte - 7.5m

Kacaniklic - 85k, thought i'd try him out see how he grows.

Helan - 230k

Acosta - 1.7m

Darby - 550k

Enyeama - 220k

Otamendi - 5m

Wellington Silva & Gerson will be joining me in 2010/2011.

Sold;

Spector - 3m, Benfica

Dyer - 5m, Man City

Quashie - 250k, Derby

Da Costa - 110k Loan Fee, Valladolid

Edgar - Loan, Macclesfield

Collison - 9.5m, Inter Milan

I've still got 7m to spent but i might just save that for Jan unless i get a takeover or go into debt by then. Still, The team looks good enough to make the top 10 and maybe a late push for the top 6/7 will be on the cards. If anyone wants any screenshots then please tell me :)

C.

Archived