FM 10: Official West Ham United

Jamie543

Same here. Dyer retired at the end of my 2nd season after he refused to go to any other teams. Retained the league cup while finishing a very credible 3rd in the league 3 pts behind chelsea and man c. Renato Augusto has been immense, and i thought i was going to miss Luiz Jiminez. Milevskyi also came in and did much better than hines,sears,franco and diamanti combined. For my 3rd season i decided to make major changes to my squad. Out go Green and Parker, though both have been doing well. Just felt that Parker have just went over the hill and Green have been making noise about wanting a move away from the club.

Right back remains a problem. Any ideas who would make a good Right back? have about 4m?

On the youths side. Tompkins is now first choice centreback together with Garay. Spence is sold with a buy back clause of 1.5m as he didn't really perform in the few cup matches i played him at right back. Collison is a full first team player like in real life. Anyone had any luck with the regens? I only got a Right Winger that looks promising from 3 seasons and sadly for him my team does not play wingers. lol

WestHamUnited-2.png

now slowing down my game due to the bug that constantly un-registers one of my players. Now being Mark Noble.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm West Ham halfway through the 1st season, beggining of Feb.

Playing 4-1-2-1-2, Ashton banging them in and Tomkins a star at the back. Brought in for free landon donovan and he is class!!

Sitting 8th in league on 10 match unbeaten run and through to Carling Cup final V Chelsea after beating Spurs 5-1 away in 1st leg of semi...

Takeover gone through but just change of Chairman, still no money and losing 2.5million a month...

Same here. Dyer retired at the end of my 2nd season after he refused to go to any other teams. Retained the league cup while finishing a very credible 3rd in the league 3 pts behind chelsea and man c. Renato Augusto has been immense, and i thought i was going to miss Luiz Jiminez. Milevskyi also came in and did much better than hines,sears,franco and diamanti combined. For my 3rd season i decided to make major changes to my squad. Out go Green and Parker, though both have been doing well. Just felt that Parker have just went over the hill and Green have been making noise about wanting a move away from the club.

Right back remains a problem. Any ideas who would make a good Right back? have about 4m?

On the youths side. Tompkins is now first choice centreback together with Garay. Spence is sold with a buy back clause of 1.5m as he didn't really perform in the few cup matches i played him at right back. Collison is a full first team player like in real life. Anyone had any luck with the regens? I only got a Right Winger that looks promising from 3 seasons and sadly for him my team does not play wingers. lol

WestHamUnited-2.png

now slowing down my game due to the bug that constantly un-registers one of my players. Now being Mark Noble.

i play behrami at right back, he has been great

I didnt want to mate but Liverpool and Man City kept bidding for him and he was not happy when I was rejecting them. I tried to get him to sign a new contract and even adjusted the budget to give him more money but he was having none of it. Only let him go after I managed to get Fleck.

The fans were ok with me though and even said it was a good bit of business selling him.

Believe it or not, 4 mil maybe enough to get Srna.... Bid 1mil upront and 10mil over 48 months. Raise the 10mil to a max of 12mil if they refuse, u may get lucky.

If you dont want Srna,,, Try Ansaldi, I got him for 3,5mil in one of my games but that was at the start.

Davide Santon is great but very expensive as is my favoirute full back, Diego Renan (Plays LB or RB)

BTW, If you sell Green, take a look at Ochoa, I got him and the coach's rate him the best player in my team and the fans love him.

Ive Been taken over yet my balance is still negative and no money has been given to me or injected in the club why is this. Has it happened to anyone else if so did you get a good budget the season after

your seasonal transfer budget should increase season by season once you have had a takeover. But it wont be Man City proportions.

My advice is take advantage of the "Payment over 48 months" method of buying your players. That way, you can sign a player for 10mil and it will only take 2.5mil from your budget.... it does not seem to adversly affect transfer budgets in following seasons but dont do it too much as your club needs to turn a profit at the end of the day.

thks for the suggestions man. Srna just got transferred for 18.75m to Sevilla, so i don't think there's much of a chance of him coming any time soon. Shall try Behrami on the right back but not really keen on putting him there permanently. Tried to sign Careces From Barcelona, bid accepted but player rejected contract. There's a 16 yr old regen from Spurs that i am trying hard to sign too.

Anyway. Ochoa have been performing well but i think his height is a little low to be a really good keeper.He's only 179cm.

And regarding takeovers, mine got taken over internally early in my first season. Still in deep debts but getting better every year due to euro competitions. A point to note though, i am always in the negative come January due to loans and monthly installments i had in place for many of my players and any player i sell i only would get 20% of it to spend. So i would advice not to spend too many 'Payment over 48 mths' like i did and instead try to spend within your means.

And always ask the board for a increase in transfer budget after a takeover. Tried a total of 4 times including my current game and demo and the board never said no.

Hi I've just finished my first season with the Hammers, and it was a complete success :). Finished in 4th place, one point ahead of an Arsenal team with a far superior goal difference (I won 11 games 1-0.)

I played a defensive-minded 4-1-3-2 formation, with an anchor man, two centre-mids and an attacking playmaker in midfield.

Rooiight, the transfers:

Out:

Julien Faubert - 3.8m

Daniel Gabbidon - 3.2m + sell on clause

Nigel Quashie - 2.2m

Kieran Dyer - 1.8m

Manuel da Costa - 1.7m

Peter Kurucz - 650k

Guillermo Franco - 400k in Jan

+ a few loans

In:

Cristian Ansaldi - 2.3m

Rafael van der Vaart - 1.3m loan (paid the extra 4.8m to make it permanent)

Lolo Ortiz - 450k

David Beckham - 0m in Jan

+ a few youngsters

The outstanding performers of the season were van der Vaart (15 goals + 11 assists), Upson (7 motm's + 7.32 avg) and Ansaldi (7.26 avg + 9 assists).

No board takeover as of yet, still only speculation and paper talk. Just starting the summer and got an inflated transfer budget due to the Champions League presumably. Sold no one and only brought in 4 but it has strengthened the squad no end.

Ins:

Miguel Veloso - 12.75m (payment spread)

Adriano (former Inter) - 10m + sell on clauses

Simon Vukcevic - 6.5m

Franco Zuculini - 5.75m

Just starting the first league game of the season, the lineup:

-------------Green--------------

Ansaldi---Lolo---Upson---Ilunga

-------------Veloso-------------

---Parker-v.d. Vaart-Vukcevic--

----------------------------------

--------Diamanti--Adriano------

My aims for the season are to try and regain 4th place and do a bit better in the cups, but first of all to try and beat Valencia over two legs and qualify for the Champions League.

How are people finding the youth system? When I chose West Ham I was expecting something a lot better. Spence looks like a future challenger for a first team spot, but Hines and Stanislas seem very average, and there are no prospects in the under-18s, even after the regens came in. Disappointing tbh :(

So im not playing my west ham save but ive got an awesome team...

GK - Green

GK - Michalis Sifakis (backup to Green)

DR - Srna (behrami can play there if injured)

DL - Illunga

DL - David Garcia

DC - James Tomkins

DC - Matthew Upson

DC - Sergiy Kryvtsov

DC - Marc Muniesa

MR/ML/MC - Stevan Jovetic

MR/ML - Renato Augusto

MC/ML - Kim Kallstrom

ML/MR/FC - Luis Saurez

ML - Piotr Trochowski

MC - Mark Noble

MC - Maurico Isla

MR - Behrami

MC - Martin Galvan

FC - Neymar

FC - Dean Ashton

Team i usually play is:

GK - Green

DL - Illunga

DR - Srna

DC - Marc Muniesa

DC - Sergiy Kryvtsov

MC - Mauricio Isla

MC - Kim Kallstrom

ML - Stevan Jovetic

MR - Luis Saurez or Renato Augusto

FC - Neymar

FC - Ashton

I wouldnt say that was the best players but with tactics ive won them everything within 4 seasons - 2nd season = League Cup - 3rd season = FA Cup, Premiership, Euro Cup and the League Cup - 4th season = Champions League

My 3rd season was a tough one. I thought my team was good enough for a top 6 finish but at xmas we was 9th. However, some hard fought wins and we eventually finished 6th.

We drew 4 championship sides in the FA Cup, all at home, and we beat Arsenal 2.0 in the final. So it turned out fine in the end :thup:

The fight was not helped by a series of injuries including Collison (Practically whole season, broken leg), Ashton (3 months, torn muscle) and Renan (4 months, hamstring).

Subotic, Srna, Otamendi and Ashton all put in transfer requests but eventually sighned knew contracts after the cup win.

Top player (Ratings wise) was Subotic with 712 but after a settling in period, Neymar hit 23 goals in 33(7) games, 11 assists and 9 man of the match awards and he's still only 20 :thup:

Otamendi played 37 games and got 15 yellows and 2 reds.... woulda been worse had I not trained him to stay on his feet instead of diving into tackles.

Augusto was a little disapointing but I started playing him wide instead of through the middle and he improved some.

Noble and Behrami had solid seasons but Zezinho had some minor injuries that held him back, he still managed 11 assists in 22 games though.

Im now going into season 4 with no idea what the board will offer me for a transfer kitty.... Im hoping its decent because I'd like a decent chance in Europe and to consolidate our top 6 league position.

I'll post again with details of transfer funds and comings/goings before the 4th season kicks off :)

PS.... Im sure some of you guys are using the editor to get sucess so quickly at West Ham ... Or maybe I just suck :D

So season 4 gets underway and I get 30mil to spend. Im very disapointed in the standard of player I can buy though. 6th in the league, FA cup winners and in europe, you'd expect a few good players to be happy to come.

Jao Moutinho rejects my contract and joins Juve and Moussa Sissoko rejects me for Everton. Juve then hijack my Edzin Dzeko transfer at the last moment.

I eventually get Di Maria for 15 mil and a 20 year old Italian Regen called Vitali (Striker) for 18 mil. Out go Faubert and Cole. I have 15 mil left to spend but I think Ill hold it till the Jan transfer window. I think I need an experienced CB, but we'll see. (Miranda is the only decent CB thats will come) Ive also signed a few Regens for the future.

Man City have sighned just about everyone in my save.

Arsenal beat us 2-1 in the charity shield with Vitalle scoring and then the first league game we beat WBA at the Hawthorns 3-1 with Vitalle scoring two and getting MotM. He looks real quality, he is rated much better than Neymar who btw won the premier leagues player of the season last season.

Its difficult to match the Home Grown players requirement for registration, there simply is not enough English Talent about. Even the English regens look average. I think if your going to start a West Ham game, you gotta keep the likes of Spence, Tomkins, Noble and Collison or you'll be registering your reserves for any Euro Campaingn.

Spence is turning out well so far anyway and I just Refused a 7mil bid for Tomkins from Man Utd. There have been a few cheeky offers for Spence too.

One of the problems you'll face is stopping players getting unsettled by so called "Bigger Clubs". Behrami is unhappy that I rejected a bid for him from a mid table Spanish side (Cant remember name). BTW, Behrami turns out good, keep him.

Good luck all :thup:

Its difficult to match the Home Grown players requirement for registration, there simply is not enough English Talent about. Even the English regens look average. I think if your going to start a West Ham game, you gotta keep the likes of Spence, Tomkins, Noble and Collison or you'll be registering your reserves for any Euro Campaingn.

For the homegrown registration, the players don't need to be English... All it means is that they have to have been trained by your club for three years before their 21st birthday (I think). Also you don't have to register under-21s, so I'm having no problem at all fulfilling the homegrown requirements tbh.

I'm finding the registration a problem too. Have to resort to registering a third keeper in Marek Stech to meet the trained by club requirement. After selling the players most of the players i bought is around 20-24 so they can't qualify for train by club.

Why couldn't you just leave the slot free? :confused:

I am having a really good go with West Ham. Won nothing in the first season but finished 9th in the Premier League which I think is acceptable considering you have no money! At the end of the first season I signed Jimenez permanently for £3m over 48 months. Sold Ashton to Sunderland for £14.25m and let fringe players whose contract expired such as LBM leave the club. I signed Owen for £600K + £700k over 48 months and Gago for £1m and £3m over 48 months.

Every single transfer window I have desperately tried to offload Dyer for free but noone is at all interested. I have even offered mutual termination but he will not accept. I have now just hit the January transfer window in second season. I sold Gabbs for £2.8m and now negotiating a swap deal of Dyer for Wheater at Middlesborough. First half of this season has gone really well, still in all competitions and currently lying comfortably in 6th.

A good formation I find works well is my 4-3-2-1 below

Cole

Jimenez Diamanti

Gago/Collison/Noble Parker Behrami

Ilunga Upson Tomkins Faubert

Green

WestHamUnited-2.png

I had same thing! Noble got unregistered for the whole first half of my second season until Jan. Gutted! Is this a bug then?

Why couldn't you just leave the slot free? :confused:

As far as Im aware, you MUST have 4 homegrown players registered for Europe from a max 25 players??? And you MUST have a total of 8 players trained at club???

I have no problem with these rules, infact IRL I think they should be stricter. My point is that there just are not enough quality English players if your building a team to seriously challenge in Europe, especially with teams like West Ham who have no money.

I had same thing! Noble got unregistered for the whole first half of my second season until Jan. Gutted! Is this a bug then?

Yeah. Checked it out under league specific issues and it was there. Apparently many got that bug.

WestHamUnited-3.png

anyway. this is my squad this season.

Home grown players are

Tompkins, Collison, Noble, Stanislas, Stech.

In addition Cole, Ashton and Upson are trained in nation.

Stanislas is currently unhappy and wants to be transfer listed and Upson is rapidly becoming worse So i reckon next season is gonna be tough finding the players.

It is a fair rule to want to include home-grown players IRL but it does make the game harder when i am quoted 10m for Gary Cahill and only 7.5 for Otamendi who may just be slightly better than Cahill who was with a relegated Bolton team.

Not complaining though. It adds to the challenge. :)

Started my West Ham save earlier,

didn't have a bad pre season apart from a Barca esque Coventry performance who went on to beat me 3-1

Did ok in the transfer market

OUT: Quashie 1m, Faubert 4.1m, Spector 3m, Payne 425k Dyer 450k Loan fee & a few reserves got released

IN: Chretien 5.5m, Masilela 24k, Timmer Free & S. Poulsen 210k Loan Fee

Started well in the league played 3 won 1 drew 2 including a well earned 0-0 at The Bridge!

Diamanti is pure class, scored all 6 of my goals, other good performers are Jimenez, Stanislas & Chretien

I'll keep you updated with how i get on :]

vitalli.th.png

Anyone else think some regens are a tad overpowered?? :-)

I didnt have much trouble getting this guy from Lazio for 18mil, despite him scoring 27 goals in 33 in his first season for them.

I think I'll just go on holiday for the season and insist my assistant picks this guy every game.... Champions league here we come :-)

Finally managed to get rid of Dyer! January in second season managed to swap him for Middlesborough's Wheater which was a great deal for me as freed up a lot of wages and because I sold Danny G. Took about 3 weeks of negotiating contracts tho! Also offloaded Owen as he couldnt find good form, but made profit on him. So only players in so far are Gago who is only just finding his feet in the prem, Jimenez and Wheater.

My new chairman sucks as he has added no more funds and I have to raise all my own transfer money. Managed to free up about £13m so currently discussing a contract with Dzeko for £13m over 48 months...

Halfway through Jan and lying 5th, 7 points from the top but got knocked out of FA Cup 3rd Round to Villa away.

Well i've just got through the january transfer window and managed to keep all of my big players! only sold da Costa & Street on, and loaned out Hines again this time to Watford and Franco to WBA to get him off the wage bill,

As for the league i'm flying high in 5th Won 15 Drawn 4 Lost 7

Stand out results being:

Tottenham 0-3 West Ham

Chelsea 0-0 West Ham

West Ham 1-1 Arsenal

West Ham 2-0 Tottenham

Also got a great 4th round FA cup win at home to Man City

Have the 3rd best defence in the league so far, Tomkins and Upson have been excellent, and Green must be 1 of the front runners for team of the season,

goals have dried up from Diamanti though so will probably need a new frontman next season, any early suggestions welcome :]

goals have dried up from Diamanti though so will probably need a new frontman next season, any early suggestions welcome :]

Its a tough one mate. Most of the top strikers are expensive and the really top ones wont come to West Ham.

I got Neymar for about 15mil (Spread Payment) in my 3rd season when he was 19 and he scored 27 in 33 and got the prems player of the year. But every game is different.

Artem Milevskyi is recomended on a lot of threads... I think you'll get him for about 8-10mil.

Edin Dzeko seems to be the one they are all talking about but I have no xp with him.

Rossi, the ex Man U guy is very good but may not want to come (He may alredy have moved on in season 1)

Gignac had no intention of joining me in season 3 but signed for Wolves for 12 mil :confused:

I played season 2 with Ashton/Cole/Diamente, they did ok-ish.

GL

Is hines and stanislas worth keeping? Hines has been rather dissapointing only in second season but i want to give him and sears a chance. Stanislas seems great at time but a tad inconsistant. SHould i keep them?

I dont think they will be good enough for a top six side mate.

It all depends on what sort of save you want to play.

If it's just a little fun, keep them and see what happens.

If you wanna be a top side ... get rid.

They are very underated in this game. At the start, I think their ability is about right, but they simply dont have the potential to develop..... Which is not really a true reflection on them.

Considering West Hams record of producing youth talent, I think we have been shafted by the researchers in FM10 :)

Enjoy your game and GL.

I've been playing Stanislas in the first year and he's a contender for English Young player of the year, I loaned Nouble out to Port Vale and he did nothing there so i'll probably let him go, but Hines and Sears have been scoring in the Championship so i'll give them another year to prove their worth, could be worth keeping though due to the home-grown status

I've been playing Stanislas in the first year and he's a contender for English Young player of the year, I loaned Nouble out to Port Vale and he did nothing there so i'll probably let him go, but Hines and Sears have been scoring in the Championship so i'll give them another year to prove their worth, could be worth keeping though due to the home-grown status

good work with Stanislas mate.

You may be right about the home grown thing and these players may well develop to decent status but thats about it I think.

Just remmber all games ase supposed to be different, so youth players will develop differntly. They are restricted though to their potential rating in FM10, they cant go above that.

Some people, me included, take great pleasure in developing youngsters in FM games, it can be very rewarding.

If anyone was that way inclined, you could always tweak things in the editor, trying to keep it realistic ofcourse :)

yes, i love developing youth, especially when you buy them for next to nothing, such a great feeling!

finished 6th eventually, so qualified for the Euro Cup, whether that is a good thing or not, im not sure lol. Another positive was that James Tomkins got English Players Young Player of the year award, with Jack Collinson a close second.

Also Robert Green got in the team of the year in first choice.

Didn't have one player under the rating of 7 all season so maybe that's why i did so well.

Some bad points however:

Got a nice 15m from that finish and already the board have decided to add 5520 seats which will cost 7m+!

Sunderland made an offer for Dyer but he rejected now i cant even get rid of him for free!

As anybody tried signing Jimenez permanently? he had an awesome season AML for me i'd love to bring him in permanently but i noticed he's value quite highly.

Just about to kick off my second year with the mighty Hammers. First season went fantastic given I hardly strengthened the initial squad, only bringing in a handful of the aged freebies for a bit of backup, finishing clear of the mid-table also rans in 7th and making the semis of the FA Cup before Liverpool sent us packing. Ashton was by far the star of the show knocking in 31 from 40 games after getting well from injury.

Hoping to push for Europe this time, disappointed to lose Jimenez who was awesome on the right and joined Atletico after the loan spell, but have brought in Riquelme for free to add a bit of spark in midfield, Beckham to backup the right side after flogging Stanislas, and a couple of decent looking loan youngsters to keep the bench warm. Got Hubschmann joining in January which'll cover the right back spot and free Behrami up to play in midfield, and Joe Hart's in as sub GK so I never have to worry about getting lumbered with Kurucz or Stech covering for Green. All I need to do is solve the Dyer won't eff-off issue and get a decent partner for Deano, with Cole, Diamanti & Hines all blowing hot and cold last term and Franco released after being hopeless.

Good luck Stretch. Second season starting to i signed - Defour , Kewell , Lucas Neill , Danny Simpson , Gabriel Milito , Ulmy Emanulsen (ajax left winger) and Jerzy Dudek. I spent alot of money yes but now it is my team and im going for champions league football.

Got rid of Ashton 7.5m Newcastle , Dyer , Davenport , Boa Morte , Kovac gone to wigan. I am slightly in debt now also the ground got expanded by 4.4thousand seats. The board has backed me so it is time to get results.

I am currently playing as my beloved Hammers, I'm in the 2nd season. I finished 9th in the first I was 8th all the way until final day of the season Bolton overtook me, and I was then gutted to see that 8th place actually qualified for Europa League... bad times. 2nd season I signed James Milner, Darren Bent and Eduardo Salvio who I think has -10 pa so hopefully he turns out good. Unfortunately I had to get rid of quite a few players including Diamanti and Ashton which has left my striking options short. Top players for me are Jordan Spence, Jack Collison and Junior Stanislas seem to be brilliant for me however rest of the team aren't facing up. I'm currently 10th in December 2010 and board aren't really giving me enough funds to build on the squad, more of a sell to buy type strategy. Oh well hopefully I can improve my position by the end of the season.

Edit: Anyone know a decent striker I could bring in for around 9million in the 2nd season. Cheers ;)

Also just started my second season,

Let 16 players go on a free, main one's include BoaMorte and Franco, sold Gabbidon for 2.5m and Kurucz for 100k and again i've loaned out Nouble, Sears, Hines and 2 or 3 more.

I brought in Burdisso for free, Kirschtein for free (backup to Green) Jimenez for 4.5m over 48 months and Aissati for 4.5m from PSV

Unfortunately my first 3 league games were home to Man Utd, home to Arsenal and away to Chelsea! only managed a point out the 3 but have since won my last 2 games.

Also qualified for the Europa league group stage and beat Olympiakos away in my first game, so overall not a bad start to the season.

Edit: Anyone know a decent striker I could bring in for around 9million in the 2nd season. Cheers ;)

I've been told Cardozo is a goal machine from Benfica you can get him for around 9m, if your after a short term option try Van Nistelrooy, should be able to pick him up for free.

Has everyone here had a board takeover, as I haven't? There have been negotiations going on from the turn of the year until September (2010), but the person trying to takeover has just pulled out of negotiations for good, and now Bernhardt is saying he's 'enjoying life at the club'.

Also, what are people average ticket prices like? I've just noticed mine's at £63.50... extortionate!!!

I brought in Adriano for 9.75 in the summer of '10. Absolute bargain, he's bangin' them in ;)

If you have a budget of 9mil, you could buy a player of 30 odd mil, just spread the payment over 48 months. Ive done it and it dont seem to adversely affect transfer budgets later in the game, although I dont recomend doing this too often.

Example----- You buy a player for 20mil over 48 months and only 1/4 of it will come out of your current budget fund (5mil)

I got Neymar for around 15mil over 48 months and he although he takes a while to settle, he scores loads.

Ive had Cardozo in previous FM games, and if he's as good in this version, he's a good buy as Gaz said.

Milevskyi is good and Dzeko is flavour of the month on FM10.

You might be suprised too see that Balotelli will join West ham, thats happened to me in a West Ham save, but he's very expensive.

Also take a look at Zigic, Rossi (Ex Man Utd), Gignac.

Hope that helps, GL.

I've got Stanislas in my first team, played 39 times last season with an average rating of 7.10 and he has so far played 19 times this season with a rating of 7.27 so it seems he can cut it, i have Hines on loan at Watford though, but he scores plenty for them.

I've got Stanislas in my first team, played 39 times last season with an average rating of 7.10 and he has so far played 19 times this season with a rating of 7.27 so it seems he can cut it, i have Hines on loan at Watford though, but he scores plenty for them.

Where do you play him?

I sold him pre season 09 to Man City for 3.6mil.

They have loaned him out twice since and he is yet to make his debut for them.

My game is currently oct 2012.

If I thought could become that good, I may try keeping him on another game Im planning.

Archived