FM 10: Official West Ham United

Jamie543

Hi all, just started 2nd season with West Ham. I have a bit of a problem - for some reason, my board are only giving me a sliver of profits from sales. I had 8m, sold 3 players for 8m, 8m and 10.75m respectively, but my budget only moved up to 11.5m? Is there any way i can get the board to give me the money? Thing is, I need to sell those players and get the money to fund a much needed tactic change.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not really.. the board have a set percentage of profit they will give you for each sale..

it changes as your cash flow gets bigger....

other then asking the board for more money or adjusting wage structure to add more transfer money.. you cant do much but wait

I am at the February stage of the 1st season, things are going okay. I decided to edit David Sullivan and Gold into the game as chairmen so I wouldn't have to go through the heartache of the club changing hands only for it to be a penniless director. I gave myself a £10m wage budget, as this is what I understood the current budget for the Hammers to be. Brought in Victor Moses and Fabio Coentrao, for 3 million and a loan respectively. Currently lie in 10th, after 28 games not to far behind the teams above me, looking good!

i started a new west ham save after screwing up the old one and getting bored with my milan save.

my transfers so far:

IN:

christian vieri - free

dan gosling - 8.25

darijo srna - 15.5

matt james - 1m

OUT:

julien faubert - 5m

kieron dyer - 9.75m

jonathan spector - 3.8m

daniel gabbidon - 5m

my formation:

srna upson kovac ilunga

parker

noble jimenez collison

cole diamanti

i found that it was an absolute necessity to get extra midfielders if i was going to play a 4-1-3-2, and so i did :)

i've been playing collison and noble as box to box midfielders with long shots on rarely and forward runs on often. if anyone plays these two, what roles do you usually give them. i mean, they play fine, but i'd like to get the most out of them

okay, i need a tactical opinion. behrami is finally healthy and now i have 2 right backs: srna and behrami. i now have the option of playing behrami, and i really want to since i enjoy watching him IRL, but i'm not sure where i should play him. srna obviously has rb covered, but he could also switch to lb, and obviously then ilunga wouldn't be playing. he's awful, so i don't really see a problem with that, but it might take him a while to become natural in that position

another option i have is to put him in midfield as a box to box midfielder because he seems to have the stats for that, but then i'd have to kick either collison or noble out of the starting line up (unless i kick jimenez out and make noble my playmaker).

also, i'm having a tough time deciding on my center backs. kovac, tomkins, and upson are all able to play there and all do a good job. tomkins, in particular, has been in stunning form. upson, unfortunately, is still crying about me rejecting an enquiry from birmingham (i later trashed them without upson playing), and so there might be problems with him starting. i'm just stuck :(

ps. cole has been brilliant for me. he's the top scorer for the league so far and he's just been a physical presence in the opposition's box

Started a West Ham team the other day. First season i only bouht in 2 people, Sol Campbell on a free and Stefano Okaka from Roma, i got bought out but never given any funds. I ended the season in 7th which i was proud of (unfortunatley i have no screenshots of my first season), but i would have never expected how my second season has ended.

So i started the second season with a transfer budget of 7 mil and had trouble buying anyone who i thought would make a big impact to push me onto the top 4, so i spent little on mainly back up players, this is how my team looked like at the end and beginning (i only bought 1 player during the Jan window).

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3705/teamss.jpg

I bought james collins back because, i needed to get a replacement for Campbell as his performances were appauling and i only had spence and tomkins to alternate between.

Im fairly new too the game so ive probably not bought as good players as i could have, because i don't really know who i can get as a bargain, but these were my transfers.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/861/transfers.jpg

And here is my Table,Stats and Fixtures.

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/season21stplace.jpg/

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/statsbk.jpg/

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/fixture1.jpg/

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/fixture2.jpg/

Any advice to how i could make my team better etc would be much appreciated, i have just been given 24 mil for the new season.

P.S Im not sure if my pictures are uploaded properly.

OK boys i need help!

My first game of football manager in a couple of years and i am struggling to get to grips with it. I have done plenty of reading on these forums and tried to start a basic 4-4-2 tactic from scratch using the wizard but all seems to have gone to pot and my head is firmly on the chopping board.

Everyone on here seems to be doing pretty well and i would love to know where i am going wrong. With a zero transfer budget and not much confidence in knowing what was value for money i haven't brought anyone in as yet. Tried to sell Dyer at the start but he got injured and no one wanted him obviously. SO i basically am using the player I have inherited and we can't seem to buy a win. Great pre season where we won every game but as soon as the premiership kicked off we started tumbling and now I am sitting 3rd bottom, players continually complaining about the squad harmony and we are throwing away winning positions which is getting ridiculous.

Most of the dropped points have been seriously narrow draws or defeats apart from conceding heavily versus the big 4. I really want to get things back on track and thought we might but being 2-0 against Burnley to then have them come back in the last 15 mins to make it 2-2. Most recent match was away to Sunderland and we came back from 1-0 to go 2-1 up. They equalised on 90 mins which infuriated me but up popped cole on 93 to make it 3-2 us!!! In the bag i thought except straight from kick off as i scrambled to go defensive Kenwyne Bloody Jones, powers in a header to make it 3-3. I felt like crying.

I fully expect to get sacked, the board is dissapointed, the fans aint happy, the dressing room is a mess and before every game the press are saying a bad result will cost me my job. I seem to have made it through this week and have one last chance i reckon against wolves to put 3 points on the board and try to turn things around before we hit the January Transfer window.

Can anyone give me a helping hand to steady the ship and help come back from the dead. As i have said before i pretty much have the squad as you get out of the box (No Ashton). I have retrained Jiminez to play left as suggested early in this thread.

Any help with tactics, team selection etc would be greatly appreciated. I just want to have something to build upon. Aggghhhh!

Cheers

D

HoPeY & Through_The_Loop thanks so much for your advice. I have done exactly that and i think (fingers crossed) we may be turning the corner bit by bit.

Just picked up a 2-1 win at home vs Birmingham and took a point of Fulham at Craven Cottage with a late equaliser. Most players having good games and looking motivated so team talks are working.

I'm not sure if it will be enough to keep my job but hopefully we can go on a run to ease the pressure and allow me to rebuild in January. Not sure how much of a budget i can rustle up but gonna try and flog Dyer and some other dead wood.

Any must buys you can recommend? I was going to try for Yannis Tafer. Reading good things about him on other threads.

Thanks a million lads. I would love to turn this around rather than having to restart.

D

Well I seem to have probs scoring goals at the moment but I have only given the new tactic/team talks a couple of games so maybe that will come.

Starting XI using Ultimo:

Green

Illunga (When fit)

Upson

Kovac

Behrami (When fit)/Spector/Faubert

----

Parker

----

Collison

Noble

----

Franco

Cole

Diamanti

The last few goals have come from Hines off the bench so i was thinking of bringing in a new striker and possibly a new playmaker to replace collison or noble. When Illunga is injured i don't have much cover at LB.

I will have a hunt through the other threads but if you can think of anyone who will do a job on shoestring then let me know.

Thanks again!

D

I would sell spector, you can abit of money for him. I wouldn't spend money on a new LB i used Daprela as a sub but that was preference for youth, if you do not want to use him, try an loan in a LB.

Midfield looks fine. Im not really sure who you could get as a backup/replacement as i played behrami. If you like younger players, maybe Canales?

As for your strikeforce, i would use keep hines as a sub, if you can sell franco it would be great as i found him useless. I loaned in Okaka and in the first season he got 10 goals through sub appearances alone, so he may be worth a try.

Sorry i couldn't help you anymore, my first save has been my West Ham one so i haven't really found many great players.

Good Luck with your search for players!

OK i am cracking up. I cannot seem to stop conceding goals. When using Ultimo tactic do you adjust when you take the lead or holding out for a win? Literally every game i am playing is so close. We are picking up points now but i have only ever won by a single goal and always concede. Most recently Hull have comeback 3 times to draw 3-3 with us at home. It's really cracking me up and i have no idea what i can do about it.

Any suggestions?

BTW. I am still in a job (just) and managed to load in Van der Vaart and Tafer. No permanent signings because i dont have the money.

Well with the conceding issue there isnt much i can say i really change, i am for the philosophy, score 1 more than you concede and if my players have a good rating and morale is high i am pleased.

As you can see from some of my second season's ( http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7495/fixture1.jpg ) tactics there are not many clean sheets and even when i am dominating i let in a goals, it doesnt bother me because like i said score 1 more than you concede is my motto, but i can see why it bother's people.

You could try going to the Tactics Section and ask i the Ultimo Domination thread, this would probably be the best idea.

Your signings seem to be very good though, just hold out till the end of the season and them build your squad with the money you get.

Sorry i couldn't help anymore.

Thanks for your help mate. With your advice i was just starting to get my team in shape but i think the damage was done. I put up a good fight but a 2-1 defeat away to Chelsea sealed my fate and they sacked me. Dammit!

Ah well going on holiday and seeing what jobs come up. If nothing good materialises then i will restart with the hammers with much more success i imagine.

I'll keep you posted!

D

Thanks for your help mate. With your advice i was just starting to get my team in shape but i think the damage was done. I put up a good fight but a 2-1 defeat away to Chelsea sealed my fate and they sacked me. Dammit!

Ah well going on holiday and seeing what jobs come up. If nothing good materialises then i will restart with the hammers with much more success i imagine.

I'll keep you posted!

D

It's good to hear that your team started getting into shape, but sucks that you got sacked :(

If you can bare going through it all again then i would definitley go for it.

Please do keep me posted :)

I'm just starting my Third season as West Ham and we've had a dream run after being taken over in January 2010 by rich Spanish businessmen I was able to challenge the Champions League places and now, having finished fourth, I've taken West Ham into top flight European football again!

I'll do a recap of previous seasons when I get access tomy computer for all the information. Currently my line-up stands

DR: Behrami - Pure class, Thunders down the flank with pace and is a reliable defenssive option as

well

DC: Matthew Upson - Though the wrong side of 30, Upson is only in the team until I can get a proper LB (Sakho covering there ATM) and then I'll sell

DC: Cristian Zapata - My first signing under the new investment, he adds stability an power that Tomkins will only have in 4 years (20 marking, 18 Tackling)

DL: Mamadou Sakho - Should be a DC but is still better at LB than Illunga, am looking to move him to the centre and get a real DL (Diego Renan?)

MC: Sandro - Almost 22 but has already racked up 10 appearance for Brazil, he bosses the midfield, crunching tackles and splitting defences with through balls

MC: Mark Noble - 'Tireless Midfielder' ran the most kilometres in tue Premier League Last season, he's a beast

AMC: Stephane Sessegnon - Benin captain has all the flair and intensity synonomous with African football as well as an eye for getting forward and chipping in with goals

AMC: Jimenez - Made the loan permanent and never looked back

ST: Carlton Cole - Scored possibly the greatest goal I've ever seen in FM

ST: Ashton - Two target men up front is unconventional, but Cole is also quite fast and Ahston is good on the ball, both hit the net well

ST: Carlton Cole - Scored possibly the greatest goal I've ever seen in FM

Could you possibly show us please :).

ST: Ashton - Two target men up front is unconventional, but Cole is also quite fast and Ashton is good on the ball, both hit the net well

Unfortunately retired, such a waste.

I was inspired by you guys to start a WH save and boy was it a good choice.

Juat comming towards the end of the first season and heres a quick (or not so quick) glance at my save.

Transfers Out

Dyer 2.5M -Man City

Gabbadon -2.9M -Porto

Quashie - 525k -Derby

Spector - 3M - Sunderland (probably a bit cheap)

Carlton Cole - 9.5M -Chelsea

Those few gave me some pennies to spend in transfers and with a changing the wage budget i could spend some cash.

Transfers In

Ryad Boudebouz - 7.5M -Sochaux

Amr Zaki - 2.5M - Zamlek

Otamendi -4.5M -Velez

Milevski 9.5M - Kiev

All the ins were using the 48 month payment scheme.

Season started off well with some good results including a 4-1 win over Arsenal, the team were bounding around between 4th and 7th.

Rumors of an businessman from Italy that wanted to buy the club soon surfaced with a touted 150M investment into the club coffers....naturally this sounded brialliant :D....but as with all takeovers i took it with a pinch of salt lol.

However on the 24/09 he did actually buy the club and invested 60M and started work on a new training ground and youth facilities.

He also gave me a 40M transfer budget (window closed) again with changing the wage budget structure i got this to about 53M.

Let the buying commence!

So in time for the January window i completely revamped the squad by using the 48 month payment scheme :p.

In's

Canales -6.75M-Racing

Diara (M) -5.2M -Real M

Veloso and Moutinho -32.5M combined - Sporting

gignac -15M (overpriced i know) - Toulose

Baloteli -56M (ouch i here you say) -Inter

Sandro - 15m- Internacional

Diego Renan -16.5M - Cruzeiro

Also picked up some regen wonderkid who is touted as going to be as good as Baloteli who was 4M from Flamengo.

Currently stable in 5th with 27 games played.

Just need the new players to gel together and we should be playing with the top 4 next season.

your right on the Dyer deal, however that was pre tycoon takeover and i was just glad to get rid of the 70k a week wage for a player who quite frankly is crap.

As to the 48 monthly payments, that obviously based over 4 seasons, im quite happy with my squad (and they are certainly young players) i wont be doing to much with next seasons money. infact the only thing i currently want is a class GK.

If i kept on spending 118M over 48 monthly payments every season, yea you'd be right.

Hi all, first season with the mighty 'Ammers, just coming up to Christmas. I have been taken over by an Italian businessman and given 37m to spend in the Jan window. Here are my ins and outs I made in the summer:

Outs:

Dyer - 9.75m (HAHAHAHAHA)

Tomkins - 6.75m

Stanislas - 6.75m

Faubert - 4.5m (48 mnths)

Spector - 3.8m

Gabbidon - 5m

Quashie - 100k (just needed him off the wage budget)

Ins:

Milevskyi - 9.5m (simply outstanding - 14 goals in 16 apps, top scorer in the league)

Chretien - 8.5m

Otamendi - 3m

Diarra - season loan

Enyeama - cheap (cant remember exactly)

Emerson - free

I am currently 7th in the league after 18 games, so not doing bad. I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas on some signings. I am using Mr Hough's (amazing) Ultimo Domination (4-1-2-3). Some suggestions for a left back and a striker, preferably left footed and creative would be much appreciated. I have Cardozo and Hernanes signing already, so will have about 15m to spend - striker is priority as Ilungas playing ok (even if he's not great). Diamanti's ok, but too incosistent and doesn't score much. Thanks in advance.

I've just started a new West Ham save and ive made quite a few changes to the squad...

Ins-

Campbell - free

Milevskyi - £7.5mil over 48months

Canales - £1.6mil

Loic Remy - £12.5 over 48months

Otamendi - Loan

Gago - Loan

Raul (Brazillian rb) - Loan

Outs-

Davenport - free

Quashie - £1mil

Gabbidon - £5mil

Spector - £3.8mil

Dyer - £9.75mil - Stupid! Ahah!

Faubert - £5.5mil

Hines - £1.9mil

Im using the tactic Ultimo Domination. I havent started League games yet, ill keep you guys posted on how i get on with my new look attack ;)

what role do you have carlton cole playing ?

I had him as the deep lying forward in the middle of the 3 forwards in the Ultimo Domination tactic. He's ok, a goal every 2 games so far and a few assists, but I've just replaced him with Cardozo who has got 3 in his first two apps. Am in the process of selling him to Barca for 8m, as I have quite a few strikers now.

I am considering Obasi as the right forward, is he any good?

Just finished my second season heres the short run down.

League Cup finalists lost to Liverpool.

FA 4th round a misrable perfomace sent us out.

Winners of the Premier League (Won 27 Drew 5 lost 5 84 goals for 34 against.)

Current and next seasons line up.

Adler/Bergovic

Illunga/Driver (youth product)

Renan/Seguin

Upson/Rodwell

Otemendi/Tomkins

Sandro/Parker

Moutinho/Collison

Veloso/Canales

Balotelli/Dezko

Milevski

Lakaku

I just need a very young but talented 4th forward for the just incase moment.

Just finished my second season heres the short run down.

League Cup finalists lost to Liverpool.

FA 4th round a misrable perfomace sent us out.

Winners of the Premier League (Won 27 Drew 5 lost 5 84 goals for 34 against.)

Current and next seasons line up.

Adler/Bergovic

Illunga/Driver (youth product)

Renan/Seguin

Upson/Rodwell

Otemendi/Tomkins

Sandro/Parker

Moutinho/Collison

Veloso/Canales

Balotelli/Dezko

Milevski

Lakaku

I just need a very young but talented 4th forward for the just incase moment.

You should still have Hines/Sears/Nouble, unless you offloaded them?

I am having the toughest time scoring goals the whole year so far my top scorer is a Dev stud that i brought in lol basically im using the ultimo tactic because it works the best for this dam team but here is my formation.

GK Green

DR Behrami

DL illunga

DC Upton i love this guy he has been 100% so far all year and a rating of 7.95 so far

DC Fabrico this kid is amazing he is so good

DMC is Parker he isnt to bad a little on the slow side but he has alot of field to cover.

MC Noble another guy who is good when he is healthy when he is hurt i plug in jimenz

MC Bernado another guy who is a stud i cant wait for Cruziero to use him 100% he is gonna be a star

ST Diamanti this guy couldnt put the ball in the net if it was by accident i mean come on

ST Hines he isnt bad but isnt that good either i use him because he dose score once every 6 games and has some speed

ST Coles he isnt that bad he scores once in a wile seems like thease guys are to slow up from to get anthing going

My leading Goal Scorer is Fabrico off of corner kicks off his melon he has 12 goals alone from that most of my games are either 1-1 draws or 0-0 draws or in cases like me playing Sunderland where i actually score 6 goals and conc nothing .

i tryed grabbing Cabanas but they are not letting up i evan offered them 20 mill for the guy and nope Klebar same thing i cant find strikers that are worth a dam lol any help would be a big help im currently 8th and about to play liverpool in the cup 4th round.

All i need really is a Striker who can run fast and put the ball in the net all the rest of the team is solid except parker also i have DoDO comeing on transfer for injuries as well as marilungo but they wount be here till next season. i tryed loans on some just seems everyone is black listing me from getting a Striker i wount catch top 4 now im 20 points behind 3rd place just want to finish out this year good.

I love the challenge of west ham so far before i was playing as Cruzieo in Brazil they already had a good squad with heriqe renan klebat bernado and dudu but found it to easy to win i was winning 15-0 some times lol.

carlton cole got 30 in 32 for me...

diamanti got 20

noble got 15 or so

cole is easily a top striker... if you use him right...

the problem you have is trying to fit your players into a formation.... it should always be the other way round..

also... who the is fabrico? regen? cant find anyone with that name in my game.. unless you mean fabricio the dmc from cruzeiro?!

has anyone used the editor to give diamanti some competence in the midfield left position and try and utilize him there? he's played very well IRL so far in that position, so i'm thinking about doing that. he's decent as a trequartista, but i feel he could be playing better. oh, and does anyone else feel that he needs a much larger crossing attribute and the ppm 'curls ball'?

I actually changed my tactics all around i play a 4-4-2 modified i changed all the setting everywhere and it actually helps alot. My D went from solid to godlike. i have Diamanti as the poacher and cole as the target man. worked really well so far just played Man C won 4-0 Diamanti had 3 goals and Cole had 3 assists and bernado had a goal from the side .

i still have to find a replacement for parker i have him sitting back at midfeild but the problem is he is slow so most guys can get by him without to much hassle then they hit the brick wall lol. Maybe if Illuga or Bah can play the MC that way Dodo can come in and play d as well DL to be exact.

I havent looked back since my last post, I'm currently in the season starting 2015, it's October time I'm 1st in the League and 1st in my Champions League group, after years of mediocre league positions I signed Steve Mandanda for 14.5 million in the summer of 2014 and he almost single handedly has pushed my team to challenging distance of the Premier League and we're also doing well in the Champions League top after 2 games. My current best starting 11 (if fit):

Mandanda

Iriarte(Regen) Shawcross Steven Taylor Vladimir Belic (Regen)

Joao Moutinho

Stephan El Shaarawy Cristian Rodriguez

Hatem Ben Arfa

Iker Muniain Frazier Campbell

Agreed to team has changed completely to the one that would've started my first game in charge, however they are competing for the league so I don't mind, I still have Carlton Cole, Jack Collison, Rob Green & Scott Parker left from the orginal team.

You should still have Hines/Sears/Nouble, unless you offloaded them?

Yea i do have them cant say i've really looked into them, do they develop well?

And bishyboshy, i was lucky with the chairman i had takeover he just keeps pumping money into the club, pretty much all of my purchases are bankrolled over 48 Months its the easy way of ramping up the budget, which in terms of finances works fine as long as your competitive and certainly winning the PL and getting into the CL helps.

I've also kept on getting the board to find commercial feeder clubs not major ammounts of money but they do add up.

My Transfer budget for season 3 was an astonishing 103M, which im certainly not spending as the club cant afford it :p.

About to start a spin off save too, MU are down in 14th and have just approached me to be the new manager...they are flat ass broke and have made no decent additions to the squad so its a very old squad.

Yea i do have them cant say i've really looked into them, do they develop well?

And bishyboshy, i was lucky with the chairman i had takeover he just keeps pumping money into the club, pretty much all of my purchases are bankrolled over 48 Months its the easy way of ramping up the budget, which in terms of finances works fine as long as your competitive and certainly winning the PL and getting into the CL helps.

I've also kept on getting the board to find commercial feeder clubs not major ammounts of money but they do add up.

My Transfer budget for season 3 was an astonishing 103M, which im certainly not spending as the club cant afford it :p.

About to start a spin off save too, MU are down in 14th and have just approached me to be the new manager...they are flat ass broke and have made no decent additions to the squad so its a very old squad.

They’re nothing to rave on about in FM, especially if your budget is 103M, but they are decent enough back-up. In my save as West Ham (unfortunately lost it due to re-formatting the Macbook), Hines won Young Player of the Season with roughly 12 goals from 28 or so matches, half of which were sub appearance. I have had no experience with Sears or Nouble, as I tend to offload them in the first two seasons.

Also if you have a sugar daddy, spend what you want, if you fall into the red, they’ll pick it up and put you in the black again. But do make sure it’s a sugar daddy prior to doing this :p

They’re nothing to rave on about in FM, especially if your budget is 103M, but they are decent enough back-up. In my save as West Ham (unfortunately lost it due to re-formatting the Macbook), Hines won Young Player of the Season with roughly 12 goals from 28 or so matches, half of which were sub appearance. I have had no experience with Sears or Nouble, as I tend to offload them in the first two seasons.

Also if you have a sugar daddy, spend what you want, if you fall into the red, they’ll pick it up and put you in the black again. But do make sure it’s a sugar daddy prior to doing this :p

Ta mate, im struggleing for people to buy that would improve what i have, i might just go out and snap up all the 16/17 youngsters my scouts keep raving about.

Archived