FM 10: Official West Ham United

Jamie543

Where do you play him?

I sold him pre season 09 to Man City for 3.6mil.

They have loaned him out twice since and he is yet to make his debut for them.

My game is currently oct 2012.

If I thought could become that good, I may try keeping him on another game Im planning.

I use him AMR he doesn't score many but sets plenty up and he runs forever, even if you didn't start him he's definitely somebody you could bring on just to run at tired defenders.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im in the season 2010/2011 i was wondering if anyone has managed to make stanislas and zavon hines 1st teamers or have you ended up selling them in the end

Stanislas did fairly well playing semi-regularly for me, but let him go summer 2010 for just shy of £4m and a fair chunk of his next sale, and Hines seems to be fairly good rotated with Diamanti, but whether he'll become much of a star I'm not sure. A good offer may well tempt me.

hey guys i wanted ur thoughty on this i started a new game but i started it in brazil so i cud start december 2008 i join west ham so i didnt have much to do for for half a season all my players are fit now and i got tycoon take over the thing is he put 47 million or soemthink like that in club coffers an only got 7 mil transfer budget but at start of the new season most players are intrested in me cuz of the takeover i.e tevez an all that lot, i boughyt adler for 0 upfront an 27 million over 24 months but who else should i buy

Hi everyone :)

I have just started a game with West Ham and just gone past the first transfer window

Signings so far:

IN:

Rafael Van Der Vaart - Real Madrid - Loan Fee £1.3m

Sol Campbell - Free Transfer

Koke - At. Madrid - Free

John Fleck - Rangers - Loan Fee 550k

Alphonse Areloa - PSG - 40k

Henk Timmer - Free Transfer

Ronaldo - Corinthians - 2m

OUT:

Nigel Quashie - WBA - £1.9m

Kieron Dyer - Wigan - Loan Fee 975k

Jonathan Spector - QPR - 4.5m

Koke - Grimsby - Loan

Marek Stech - Peterborough - Loan

I got taken over in October and the Board gave me £30m to spend

At the end of the January transfer window my transfers are

IN:

Angel Di Maria - Benefica - £2.6m

Mathias Jorgensen - FC Kobenhaven - 2.5m

Adolfo (Regen 'keeper) - Real Madrid - 1.9m

Eduardo Salvio - Lanus - 3.9m

Bernardo - Cruzeiro - 7.5m

Necip Uysal - Besiktas - 5m

OUT:

Manuel da Costa - Crystal Palace - Loan

Henk Timmer - Blackpool - 250k

Sol Campbell - Portsmouth - Loan Fee 90k

Julien Faubert - Wigan - Loan Fee 650k

Junior Stanislas - Blackpool - Loan Fee 500k

Radoslav Kovac - Aston Villa - Loan Fee 230k

Currently 5th in the Premiership after 25 games

Seems like most of you guys are doiing pretty well with west ham too. And i guess West ham is kinda managable once you get past the first year/transfer window. Just won the treble (league, title, FA cup) with hammers in my third season and i think i am going to end my game now with west ham and try out some other teams in the game as i think things get slightly unrealistic from the 4th season on (unlikely Chelsea to be playing 33 yr olds for almost half their team or Man Utd finishing 11th).

So a summary of my game.

Final Squad.

Goalkeepers:

Ins:Ochoa(2011 7.5m), Boruc(2011, free)

Final Say: Green is a solid enough keeper but sooner or later other clubs are gonna come knocking, so i recommend Ochoa and Boruc as more than capable replacements. Boruc would have been first team if he have not got injured at the start of the season.

Defenders:

From Original Squad: Illunga, Tompkins, Upson, Faubert, Behrami

Ins:

Nicolas Otamendi (2011 , 7.5m)

Ezequiel Garay (Jan 2010 ,3.8m)

Peter Masilela (Aug 10 ,250k)

Final Say: The original defence is good, but needs a few players to cover and make it the best in the league. Garay have been one of my best buys ever in the game and i must say i am pretty impressed by Faubert too. Masilela is cheap and fantastic backup for illunga.

Midfield:

From Original Squad: Collison, Noble, Parker, Behrami (great at RB too)

Signings: Almen Abdi (June 2010, 2m), Renato Augusto (June 2010, 2m), Ibrahim Afellay (2011, Free) Ramires (2011, 7.5m) Marco Veratti (regen, Jan 2012, 1.5m)

Final Say: Abdi was a fantastic DM who replaced Parker from that role and has a thundering long shot with great free kick ability. Ramires, Augusto and Afellay adds that creativity and flair to a otherwise strong midfield inherited from the original team.

Strikers:

From original Squad: Dean Ashton, Carlton Cole

Signings: Artem Milevskyi (2010, 9.5m), Arouna Kone (jan 2010, 3.5m) Chris Wood (2012, 15m)

Final Say: Ashton is Amazing. So is Milevskyi. Didn't really give Diamanti a chance after his first 5 games yielded no goals so am unable to comment. Cole is decent backup. Kone was one of my worst signings.

(4-1-3-2)

Ochoa

Illunga-Garay-Tompkins-Faubert

Abdi

Ramires-Renato Augusto-Jack Collison

Milevskyi-Ashton

Summary: West Ham is a wonderful experience. I had not done everything perfect and i did not include all those signings i made and sold without making an impact. To make a team based on my final team will probably not work as i built my team up slowly instead of buying key players but ignoring other positions. Youth-wise apart from the few that remained in the team, Hines is a decent Championship striker with Q.P.R. Partnering a certain Hogan Ephraim from old. Stanislas plays for Birmingham in the Championship. Jon Spector now plys his trade in Germany with Wolfsburg. Daprela is a premiership LB with Newcastle and now Boro. Nouble plays for Doncaster in L1. Spence became a sucessful defender with Newcastle after being shipped out to Swansea. Sears is with Watford in the Championship after failing to make the grade with Newcastle (again). George Moncur is considered very promising at Blackburn while Kurucz moved to Crystal Palace and its still too early to comment on either of them.

Diamanti was sold to Roma and moved on for 14m to Genoa, Da Costa is languishing in the reserves with the icelandic kid. Payne and Dixon became nobody with a couple more youngsters with some turning out for L2 and below sides.

So in conclusion. Good luck to all with the game and hope you guys enjoy West Ham as much as i did.

Thank you.

And sorry for the long post.:)

Going to follow this thread closely. I make team specific tactics and am currently playing with West ham :D

I also had a board takeover resulting in me getting transfer money : have not touched them though as that would be contradicting to developing a tactic set for teams lacking in wide players and..quality.

So now for my question:

Does anyone want me to post my tactical thoughts ( and perhaps a upload)for west ham or is it that people in this part of the forum wants to find out for them selves ?

TBH

That's in the 3rd season now, i got a pretty crappy take over and was able to work within a tight budget and selling a lot of players.

Thats one expensive set of players,,,,, Well done mate :thup:

The real coup must have been getting Dzeko from under Man Utd and Cheleas noses, how much was he and did you have to bump his wages to get him?

Thats one expensive set of players,,,,, Well done mate :thup:

The real coup must have been getting Dzeko from under Man Utd and Cheleas noses, how much was he and did you have to bump his wages to get him?

i got dzeko end of first season for ~ 18mil wages under 70k.

I also got hulk at the same time for ~ 11mil wages around 60k.

I had no competition for Dzeko, iirc i bid for the players before my transfer budget ha even been anounced - it is good to get in early.

they make a fantastic pair. Both good in the air. Dzeko is good as deep lying target man, wins most headers and hulk can race on to his knock ons. hulk is incredibly quick and powerful and likes to drift wide and sets up a lot of headed goals for Dzeko.

Just won my first Trophy in the 3rd season. Beat Liverpool in the League Cup Final. My second season was very successful as I just squeezed into 4th on goal difference. I am in the Q finals of the Champions League although I am up against Real Madrid. The league is going very well as I am currently 3rd, a point behind Liverpool and Man City. I basically have kept the whole original West Ham squad together and they are developing well. The only players in are Dzeko and Wheater.

I have just beaten Palermo 3-1 on Aggregate in the Champions League Qualification and have now been drawn in Group E with:

Inter

Sporting CP

Club Brugge

West Ham

It will be a tough group for me to advance to the knock-out rounds but i am confident that we can challenge Sporting for 2nd Place

I am indeed back faster than i expected. Not exactly. But in my current Wolves game West Ham got taken over by a consortium that wiped out the debt and are improving the training facilities. Unable to resist the temptation, I made a branch save in which i was installed as the new manager of West Ham after the sacking of Zola. Will try to play it in the near future. For now, i need to concentrate on helping wolves survive.

I have just beaten Palermo 3-1 on Aggregate in the Champions League Qualification and have now been drawn in Group E with:

Inter

Sporting CP

Club Brugge

West Ham

It will be a tough group for me to advance to the knock-out rounds but i am confident that we can challenge Sporting for 2nd Place

Good luck mate and congrats on your sucess.

I am indeed back faster than i expected. Not exactly. But in my current Wolves game West Ham got taken over by a consortium that wiped out the debt and are improving the training facilities. Unable to resist the temptation, I made a branch save in which i was installed as the new manager of West Ham after the sacking of Zola. Will try to play it in the near future. For now, i need to concentrate on helping wolves survive.

I never thoguht of looking at that in any of my other saves, its a good idea cos the take overs at West Ham dont seem to be great.

Wolves seem to do very well in my other games btw.

My West Ham save is currently on hold, will update when I return to it.

I never thoguht of looking at that in any of my other saves, its a good idea cos the take overs at West Ham dont seem to be great.

Wolves seem to do very well in my other games btw.

My West Ham save is currently on hold, will update when I return to it.

yeah. Had a few games on west ham in the demo and the full game and from the looks of the people on this forum most of the takeovers will be internal.

This takeover that i just got wiped out almost all the debt. New chairman is a miser though, only gave me 4.9m to spend after asking him for money. But he did promise to improve the training facilities so we'll wait and see. :)

yeah. Had a few games on west ham in the demo and the full game and from the looks of the people on this forum most of the takeovers will be internal.

This takeover that i just got wiped out almost all the debt. New chairman is a miser though, only gave me 4.9m to spend after asking him for money. But he did promise to improve the training facilities so we'll wait and see. :)

You are lucky, I got a takeover after half a sesaon of arguing. At the start of my second season I got a mere 1.2 M in transfer funds from the new Chairman, teriffic!!!

I mean come on SI, it's a game not real life.... We aren't asking Man City proportions but give us Hammers a bot of joy in the game to get over the gloom of Real life!!!

You are lucky, I got a takeover after half a sesaon of arguing. At the start of my second season I got a mere 1.2 M in transfer funds from the new Chairman, teriffic!!!

I mean come on SI, it's a game not real life.... We aren't asking Man City proportions but give us Hammers a bot of joy in the game to get over the gloom of Real life!!!

Not sure I agree with that tbh, I want the experience of managing West Ham to be as realistic as possible and if that means no transfer budget, so be it - obvously its down to personal taste but I enjoy the challenge of having to rely on youth and low-key transfers. If you want more financial muscle go to the editor and set the club to set with a few million.

I think realism is FM's biggest asset (although the current match engine leaves a bit to be desired) and I certainly more of a football fan than I am a computer game fan so, crazy as it may seem, I actually value realism over playability.

Also to the guy who finished 4th first season, sorry mate but I refuse to believe you did that without replaying some games over and over again until you won....

Ah its not gonna start here is it. I had the same in FM09 where I finished 4th on last day of the season. Was told it was impossible to do and even after uploading my saved game for people to rip apart some still didnt believe it.

I find the game takes long enough without replaying games over and over. I had a good first season in FM10 but even after a takeover and money to spend i am not having a good time in my 2nd year, others seem to be having a good time and doing well and I just accept the fact that there are others out there that are better than me at this game so I say good luck to them.

Ah its not gonna start here is it. I had the same in FM09 where I finished 4th on last day of the season. Was told it was impossible to do and even after uploading my saved game for people to rip apart some still didnt believe it.

I find the game takes long enough without replaying games over and over. I had a good first season in FM10 but even after a takeover and money to spend i am not having a good time in my 2nd year, others seem to be having a good time and doing well and I just accept the fact that there are others out there that are better than me at this game so I say good luck to them.

Well I didnt really want to make that much of a thing of it i just thought it seemed strange thats all. I only just noticed a previous poster who says they won the league in their first season! The thing is uploading the game doesnt prove that you didnt replay games (I'm not saying that you did, managing West Ham in 09 was far easier than it is this time around IMO), in fact there is no way to prove either way. There are games where I have overachieved as well, but this just seemed a slight step too far to me, that's all.

Well I didnt really want to make that much of a thing of it i just thought it seemed strange thats all. I only just noticed a previous poster who says they won the league in their first season! The thing is uploading the game doesnt prove that you didnt replay games (I'm not saying that you did, managing West Ham in 09 was far easier than it is this time around IMO), in fact there is no way to prove either way. There are games where I have overachieved as well, but this just seemed a slight step too far to me, that's all.

To be fair. I do think 4th is a little overachieving but nonetheless achievable with a good takeover and a few results going your way. I managed to finish 7th in my first without even many signings and i didn't even use the '48 mths' method. 4th is achievable.

Oh i can understand where your coming from Johnmark I mean I have seen some stories that maybe are a little too OTT like taking a non league team to the prem in 5 years and winning Champ League in the 6th. As I said in my FM09 game the first season I finished 4th but it took me a few seasons to win the league and 9 years to get to the top of Europe. I had another bash last night at my FM10 game and my 2nd season is going worse. The game doesnt stick to one gameplan as this is my 2nd start with West Ham on FM10 as in my first attempt I lost my saved game and can see a number of differences between the lost save and my current one.

I find this site really good and enjoy reading how others are getting on but sometimes I find that people think it should be real life. In reality West Ham will not get to 4th and like most WH fans we have probably all thought Zola should do this or that and thats where the game gives us the chance. Who knows if one of us was in charge of WH proper maybe they would end up 4th. The aim is to take WH to the top not to follow the WH of real.

LOL it takes me nearly a month as it is to finish a season with the amount of time I get to play this game, if I replayed every game to get a win I would just about be finishing my first season come FM2011

Ive gone back to my West Ham save in season 4 after a stint managing Charlton. I gave up Charlto after winning league one and sitting 3 in the championship. The board sold Shelvey for 4mil to Stoke without my consent and I was well *issed off. Thats a very hard club to manage because of the wage bill/fund and I aint got time for interfering directors.

Anyway, West Ham are flying at last. Into Feb and we are second. Would have been top but Man City just beat us 2-1.

The regen striker I gave a screenie for in a previous post is incredible but for me, the star man has been Ochoa ... What a great keeper.

Lots of injuries so far, notably Sandro, Neymar and Augusto, have meant that Ive struggled to select a team at times but Im confident of at least a top 3 finish.

I highly recomend Sandro, he is rapidly developing and can play several midfield roles, box2box, deep playmaker, ball winner and my fav position for him, anchor man.

Real Madrid have offered 22mil for Vitale (The regen), Liverpool offered 8 mil for Tomkins :confused:, and Im fighting a constant battle to keep Zezinho and Ottamendi. Barcelona also offered 10mil for Renan but he suprised me by dismissing a move in the press.

OH yeah, also in the league cup final after a very easy set of draws.

The Euro cup is going well and we qualified easily for the knock out stages.... Im hoping at least to get to the semi's.

The league so far ...

season4whu.th.png

The squad .....

season4whusquad.th.png

Vitale ..... Amazing goal scoring record, regular hat tricks

vitalefeb.th.png

Can I ask what you've all done with Dean Ashton?

I've only just started (8 games in) but already have moved on without him, and now hes back there really isnt a place for him in my team - theres barely room in my squad. Shall I find room for him or just sell him in January? Has anyone had any success either way?

Diamanti (Deep-lying Forward) and Carlton Cole (Complete Forward) have been immense upfront for me, so there really isnt any way I can fit Ashton in :\

Gutted .....

Euro cup semi first leg and Srna gets sent off and recieves 3 match ban. We hang on for a 1.0 win and lose the return leg 2.1... through on away goals. But defour picks up a yellow and misses the final with Srna.

My under strength then battled valiantly in the Euro final, only for this to happen ......

eurocuplose.th.png

Still, I think we have our revenge on them. With one game to go, here is the league table. West Ham are away to Spurs whilst Liverpool are at home to Portsmouth.

Is it in the bag??

whutitle.th.png

PS.. Lost 4.2 to arsenal in FA cup semi's after extra time and beat Villa 3.0 in the league cup final.... Overall, a great season.

I've only just started (8 games in) but already have moved on without him, and now hes back there really isnt a place for him in my team - theres barely room in my squad. Shall I find room for him or just sell him in January? Has anyone had any success either way?

Diamanti (Deep-lying Forward) and Carlton Cole (Complete Forward) have been immense upfront for me, so there really isnt any way I can fit Ashton in :\

As you can see from a few of my screen shots, Im in season 4 and im still playing him.

I use him as a target man and rotate him with my other strikers, Neymar and Vitale (Regen).

He scores some very important goals for me and has stayed reasonably fit.

I recomend you try to keep him. Cole is very good in the first season but drops off later. I eventually sold him and he's vanished into obscurity. Diamante was rubbish for me btw. Ashton is fairly consistent and isnt too hard to keep happy as long as you give him a few games.

GL mate.

And the latest news from White Hart Lane is.....................

westspurs.th.png

Tad annoying that I have one red all season then get 3 in 5 games at crucial moments but it was nice running round White Hart lane with the trophy :cool:

And its always nice to be apreciated .........

fansreaction.th.png

First season playing a 4-4-2 with him alongside one of the other four (usually Diamanti or Cole) he was by far the better of the pair, hitting over 30 altogether, 26 in the league to finish just behind Rooney & Torres in the Golden Boot.

Second year he's on his own with Riquelme and Neymar playing just behind, and so far has 18 in 26. Diamanti has been very average and is now a bench-warmer and probably up for sale in the summer, while Cole's still a reasonable backup to Ashton but not in the same class, and Hines has been sold as £5m was too good to turn down for someone not getting much of a lookin.

That said, if it aint broke don't fix it... I found Ashton tends to take a little while to start scoring on returning from injury (both the original one and a short spell out during the 2010/11) so it's up to you whether to try him out.

Well, managed to screw that one up and finish 9th.

Season 3 I can target Europe again, perhaps.

Ashton once more the star of the show, scoring 28 in 36 altogether. Massive mention to Mr Riquelme, who's possibly one of my all-time favourite FM/CM freebies in over a decade of playing - he scored 13 and set up 18 in his 39 appearances.and was sodding fantastic all season.

Skint this year though so looking to flog a few of the deadwood and build success on the young-uns and a couple of cheap buys.

is diamanti incapable of scoring goals? in every match of mine, he gets at least 1 clear cut chance and it's always blocked because he fires it right at the goalkeeper. what type of striker should he be played as?

and to a lesser extent, it's the same thing with cole. franco seems like the only one who can put the ball into the back of the net, but i prefer not to play him since he's old

The original strikers i feel are mediocre at best. Somewhat like in real life. You can expect them to hit 10 plus goals but anything more is a bonus. Diamanti has worked for some but not me, sold during my first january window.

Back at west ham too after a stint at Wolves and Norwich city which are stalled as i could not find the same drive managing them as managing Hammers. There's just something about managing the club that just got thrashed 4-0 that keeps pulling me back.

Finished my 4th season here winning the FA cup, the league and a variety of assorted trophys(community shield, world club championship) and now looking forward to having my own ferguson-esque era here at west ham.

enh, he finally started scoring after i changed him to a deep lying forward instead of advanced. he's now the top scorer for my team, although that isn't saying much, seeing as how i usually just score 1 goal per game and try to grind the rest of it out.

what formations are you using? i, personally, use ilunga/tomkins/upson/spector as my back four, kovac as my anchor, parker/noble are center mids with noble being the adv playmaker, jiminez as my attacking mid, and diamanti and cole up front as a deep lying forward and complete forward respectively.

I used to play Illunga, Upson, Tompkins, Faubert. Parker in a DM role with noble, Jiminez, Behrami, Collison and Dyer rotating among the 3 central midfield spots. Strikers are Ashton and Cole with Cole as Target man and Ashton as complete forward. Rotate in Diamanti and Franco only if any of those two injured. Now my formation remains largely the same but most of the players have left. Tompkins, Noble, Collison and Ashton are the only few left And noble and Collison are quite honestly kept just to fill up the 'trained at club' quota.

For me i look for players 6 mths before their contract expire. For players playing for foreign clubs, you are able to 'approach to sign' within 6 mths of their contract expiry. Try editing the filter in player search to look. For players playing for english team, i think you can only sign them a month from their expiry, by which most good players will already be signed by clubs abroad. Hopefully this helps.

Btw rawwrface, any idea how to qualify as a legend? I Won plentiful of trophies with West Ham already after 6 years in charge but am only still listed as a favourite personnel.

Well I'll list down what i have won with them!

Premiership - 1

FA cup - 1

Euro Cup - 2

European Super Cup - 1

After i won the euro cup for the second time, i got into legendary status with the team. If you constantly finished in top 4, winning cups on the way, you will get legendary status in no time. Its just a matter of waiting. Could also depend on your chairman?

Archived