FM 10: Official West Ham United

Jamie543

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first season. finished 7th and won the league cup. decided that i need to let dyer go after numerous reports that his stats were decreasing rapidly and found myself unable to sell him at all. Franco would also be leaving as i look to rebuild my squad for the next season. there's euro to look forward to so hopefully my board grants me some money. haha.

Tactics wise i make my team pass shorter to make them look more like the west ham of my dreams. and it works on bigger teams! but unfortunately my team always fall to the smaller teams e.g. hull, wigan. just like IRL. haha

Hi Everyone

Well only ever play West Ham and started off my first game with FM 2010 with the patch.

Only brought in Sol Campbell who has been perfect, fans and board love him

Results so far have been suprising to say the least

Fulham 0 - 4 West Ham (we dominated what a start)

West Ham 2 - 0 Liverpool (Big shock as we were getting hammered)

Burnley 2 - 2 West Ham (After Liverpool things looked good, 2 up in 20 mins then in the final 15 mins we fell apart, Upson sent off then Campbell off injured - down to 9 men we crashed)

Leeds 1 - 2 West Ham LC (Boring game, 2 up then Leeds scored and that was it)

Wigan 4 - 2 West Ham (Back to being a shock, our passing was outstanding and we had lots of chances)

Stoke 4 - 2 West Ham (Nightmare game 4 down by half time)

West Ham 2 - 0 Portsmouth (Dominated the game should have won by more)

West Ham 0 - 3 Wolves LC (Terrible game, want to forget it)

Our fixture list is looking scary

Spurs away

Blackburn Home

Chelsea Away

Man Utd Away

I am playing a 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 which is whay I played in FM09 but having to jig that a bit as my injury list is growing and if I dont get any money in the takeover for January I could be in the smelly stuff.

Just had my takeover completed and the new chairman has invested £181M into the coffers, trouble is that he wants to install a new manager and transfer budget hasnt changed. Take it this chairman is ambitious and with this sort of cash is going to dump me and go for experience. Will be a bit ****ed if he does as had a great start....tough run coming up though and got a bit of a problem with Scott Parker

westhaminvestment.jpg

After a massive cash injection I get the news i can keep my job and the transfer embargo is lifted (no mention of new transfer fund though) I get this message about the proposed upgrade to the facilities - doesnt sound like this chairman is going to be supportive

westhamnoinvestment.jpg

Maybe is wasnt happy with our last result, Chelsea destroyed us 6-1.....have Man Utd next at old trafford.

Doing alright, for a change. First three games:

Blackburn - 1-1

Man Utd - lost 3-2, so unlucky!

Burnley - BATTERED them 3-0

Brought in Gosling for 5 million and Ariaudo on loan, sold Spector and Gabbidon for a total of about 6.5 million.

Best team (4-1-3-2):

Green

Faubert/Upson/Ariaudo/Ilunga

Parker or Gosling

Dyer(playmaker)/Noble/Collison

Diamanti/Cole

Diamanti ran Burnley ragged, scored two class goals, he plays well as a supporting striker.

I just had a takeover from within in March 2010 on my game. Weird thing happened though. I got the usual "there will be now investment in the club at this time blah blah".

However when it reached the 1st April I got a message "You have to start paying 120,000 a month for a new loan of 26,000,000 pounds. I was in the red already and thought the club had to borrow more money.

Imagine my surprise when I went to the finances screen and that was the only loan! The 2 original loans had been wiped out. But there was no message from the chairman on this! It might be a bug but I'm not complaining!

Also players that have done well for me:

Anthony Annan (good back for Parker) bought for 3mil

Diamanti (2nd highest scorer in the EPL with 26 goals) Fans player of the year.

Krivets (bought for 1.6 mil)

Tore Reggussion from Tromso for 1mil

Using this tactic which I won the EPL with 1st season:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=155509

use version 3 of this. I have not tried version 7 yet

I will post a screenie of my purchases in the july-sept 2010 transfer window. At present I have nearly 30,000,000 mil to spend after selling some of the peripheral players/ deadwood

I wouldnt say I am finding this easy, some games I am doing well and others not so well. I got thumped by Chelsea 6-1 and then beat Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford. Came up against Sunderland and was 1-0 up in first five mins and then it went downhill and in the 2nd half they put 4 past me.

One thing will say is having great success with Scott Parker, during corners I set him to lurk outside area and he is always unmarked and scored some scorchers when the corner is passed straight to him. Also some good news, after my takeover the board have finally given me a transfer kitty of £7m, with the initial investment of nearly £200m I was hoping for more.

I have yet to have a board takeover that gives me money all my games (5 of em ,slightly different approaches) its all been internal chairman changes never even had one on the demo

and Harkules ive seen somewhere that if you do get a board takeover the new incoming chairman may have his personall choice who want as manager..so he sacks ya ....and it happens IRl

I have yet to have a board takeover that gives me money all my games (5 of em ,slightly different approaches) its all been internal chairman changes never even had one on the demo

and Harkules ive seen somewhere that if you do get a board takeover the new incoming chairman may have his personall choice who want as manager..so he sacks ya ....and it happens IRl

Had a board take over in first season, italian business man cleared debts upgraded youth and training facilities and made 38 mil available for transfers in january.

Season one.

Sold the usual suspects and had little cash to work with.

Brought in Vincente and Sandro (Loan to buy... didnt buy at end of season), Jadson joined for free in Jan.

The team overperformed in my oppinion and was 5th at xmas but as usual, two many pies at the xmas party and we finished the season 9th.

Upson wanted to leave and I struggled to keep him happy, same with Jadson.

Board take over but no cash for transfers offered.

Cole was player of the season.

Season two.

Transfer budget was about 8 mil i think.

Sold Upson for 6 mil to Sunderland and the board/Fans were not happy... What could I do? He wanted out and was causing probs in the dressing room.... That aspect of the game annoys me a tad.

Brought in Otamendi 5mil and Subotic 10mil ( Over 48 months, very handy option)

Brought i Munesia (sp?) a cheap younster who looks a good prospect. Muniain too.

For some reason the board found an extra 10 mil for transfers a week before the seaon started.

Brought in 18 year old Left Winger Zezinho.

Struggled in the league to start and was 14th at Xmas.

Sold Jadson for 10 mil cos he was causing so much grief internally and bought Renato Agusto (SP?) for 12 mil, a good piece of business imho.

The board gave me some more cash (cant remeber amount) and would you believe it? I got SRNA!!! 15 mil over 48 months .. What a coup!!

Finished the season 9th again with somthing like 16 draws.

We was very hard to beat but lacked the killer instinct in fron of goal.

Season three

15mil tranfer budget and another 10 mil added in august (kinda annoys me cos if they gave me 25mil initiall my deals may have been better)

I decided a striker was needed but all the good ones didnt want to come. Anoying again becuase Wolves then sighned Gignac for 12mil, a player who had no intention of joining West Ham :confused:

I decide to get Neymar, a very highly rated younster for 12 mil (some of it spread over 48 months) fingers crossed.

I also wanted a DM as Parker aint getting any younger and I got Sandro at 8 mil (Some of it spread 48mnths)

I got Ochoa (GK) for 9mil (Payment spread) and may offload/cash in on Green in Jan.

Ive still got a little cash and Im looking to bring in a young LB, Renan looks a prospect but they want silly money. Ill wait a while. May offload Behrami or Faubert.

Just about to KO the season, hoping for a euro spot tbh ..... good luck me.

General.

The stae of the youth at West ham suprises me. Spence is the only real prospect.

Hines/Stanislas are useless in game.

Colinson does a decent job and is verstile, can play either flank.

Parker/Noble both blow hot and cold.

Ashton/Cole are sufficient for a seaon or two.

Diamente is highly rated and I get a few offers but again I find him only sufficient.

This maybe because we just dont supply the forwards well enough, Augusto is just settling in.

Ilunga does a decnt job but you can buy better.

Tomkins is OK as cover and will develop a little if you tweak his training.

Spence develops quite well, his stats are going up nicely and Im hoping he will be a first team regular at RB (Gotta have home grown players in team ETC)

Green has made some bad mistakes for me but is generally consistent.

Board/Fans annoyed at Kovac sale in season 2, which suprised me cos he was very ordinary.

Season 3 team.

Green/Ochoa

Srna Otamendi Subotic Ilunga

Beh/Fau/Col Augusto Sandro Zezinho

Ashton/Cole Neymar/Diamente

Noble

Parker

Spence

Tomkins

C'mon U Iorns!!!

how are People getting these Takeovers that clear debts and give transfer budget.. ive tried running 15 times now :mad: and still cant get one ive got me proper game going but would like to give one a go with a little bit of financial help :D

how are People getting these Takeovers that clear debts and give transfer budget.. ive tried running 15 times now :mad: and still cant get one ive got me proper game going but would like to give one a go with a little bit of financial help :D

No idea mate but mine hasnt gone as i had hoped. Our bank balance now looks perfect but even though just over £180m was pumped into the club my budget is still only £7m. Hoping for more come the summer

First season with west ham was not a one to remember, ended finishing 2 points above relegationand almost got fired by a new owner. After a nice injection of 12 million to spend on transfers, i went out to buy some good players (Srna, Isla, Kallstrom and a few young future players) and ended second season 6th which i was pleased considering cole and ashton were out for months. Third season, i got another injection of 18 million and went spending. I brought in Troichowski on a free, garcia (LB) for free as backup to Illunga, muniesa from barcelona for the future, luis suaraz on a free and spent 9 million on Neymar (wonderkid) at 19 and spent 8 million on krytvsov. Now 15 games into the third season, Ashton has 22 goals with Neymar having 17 goals plus 10 assists and pushing for the title (top atm).

It shows that with few good players, how a pretty average team can push to win the title. Pretty nice going i reckon for three seasons work.

First season with west ham was not a one to remember, ended finishing 2 points above relegationand almost got fired by a new owner. After a nice injection of 12 million to spend on transfers, i went out to buy some good players (Srna, Isla, Kallstrom and a few young future players) and ended second season 6th which i was pleased considering cole and ashton were out for months. Third season, i got another injection of 18 million and went spending. I brought in Troichowski on a free, garcia (LB) for free as backup to Illunga, muniesa from barcelona for the future, luis suaraz on a free and spent 9 million on Neymar (wonderkid) at 19 and spent 8 million on krytvsov. Now 15 games into the third season, Ashton has 22 goals with Neymar having 17 goals plus 10 assists and pushing for the title (top atm).

It shows that with few good players, how a pretty average team can push to win the title. Pretty nice going i reckon for three seasons work.

Top work mate. West Ham can be a difficult team to manage in the Premiership so bringing success there I always feel a sense of achievement.

Top work mate. West Ham can be a difficult team to manage in the Premiership so bringing success there I always feel a sense of achievement.

I've recently took them to the final against A.C Milan after beating Juventus on penalties, just won the league cup and into final of FA cup against Arsenal. So, season should be nice.

Indeed, on another save, i started at west ham and found it incredibly difficult to get above 7th place. Even after a couple seasons.

What role do you play Neymar in mate?

Well I'm using the JohnnyHugs4-4-2 tactic (can be found in the tactics section of the forum), Neymar takes on the role of the right striker and i usually put Ashton (keep Neymar in the same position if injuries strike). He needs a few games to settle in, and before long he should start giving assists/goals.

Ofcourse it may differ in your game, but for how much you can buy him, hes defintely worth the gamble.

Just thought i would add that i've won the League Cup, UEFA Cup and the Premiership Title. Chuffed.

4 games to go in first season , was 4th at january......now im 11th....so leaky at the back its frustrating. In fa cup semi V Man utd so i will see how i go. If i win i prob wont does that mean i qualify for europe? the club has been taken over but no investment offered as of yet. Cole has scored 22 goals and is englands joint top scorer with rooney who also has 22.

Yeah mate win the FA Cup gets you a Euro spot or if you lose to a team in the final that has already qualified for Champ League then you should still get the Euro spot awarded to the cup winners.

Having to start again with my West Ham game after my game would not load. Not doing too bad although this time round the new owners only invested £1.5m cash but did start work on upgrading the facilities and gave me an extra £4m for transfers funds (have £8m for Jan window). Will post up my transfers later on, have got Beckham coming to us though on Jan 1st.

Had a board take over in first season, italian business man cleared debts upgraded youth and training facilities and made 38 mil available for transfers in january.

In my game, I'm no west ham but they have spent 100 million on transfers in the second season with an Italian chairman signing Pato and Dzeko, is this a random thing? as I read on here not everyone get this chairman.

What are other people doing with Luis Boa Morte, and Calum Davenport? ... seems like neither can play before their contract runs out. Couldn't get them to accept Mutual Termination.

In my game, I had no budget left by middle of January, but needed to resign a bunch of my players or risk losing them to free transfers (Spector, Cole and Hines). Of course, they all demanded a signing bonus (rejected offers without them) - so, I ended up releasing both Boa Morte and Davenport on Free Transfer (at a cost of about £1.2m) ... but it freed up enough wages that I could adjust the budget for about 500K combined signing bonus.

In my game, I'm no west ham but they have spent 100 million on transfers in the second season with an Italian chairman signing Pato and Dzeko, is this a random thing? as I read on here not everyone get this chairman.

I have started the game with West Ham twice (first save ended up corrupt). In both I have got the Italian chairman although he has not been generous with his money. In the game that crashed he invested £180m into the club but gave me only a few million for transfers, my current game he invested only 1.5m but did upgrade the facilities and give me an extra few million for transfers. Also he raised by transfer revenue percentage from 50 to 75% and at the end of November he pumped an extra £4m into the cash pot.

This is only my first season though so am hoping for a bit extra in the summer window in 2010.

Meh ... its not like I went on a big spending spree. Started with no transfer budget, so I moved Gabbidon and Quashie (about £6.4m total) to make room for Mattias Jorgensen, Angel Di Maria, and Vicente Enyeama. I signed a few other players on freebies (Appiah, Keko), and loaned out Dyer (saved me £35K/week) but that's basically it. Squad is reasonably well balanced, can play a variety of formations, and is exceeding expectations thus far (Jan '10). Internal takeover (first one failed, second one succeeded by early December), but no investment yet.

Okay, just finished my second season as West Ham and it went pretty well. I spent the whole season in the top half finishing 8th and got to the semis of the League Cup.

I've picked up Caceres and Diarra(Mahamadou) on free transfers, and have a transfer budget of £23 million. Looking for a new right back although i'm contemplating trying Behrami out there (anyone had any luck with this?) as he's been somewhat lacklustre on the right wing.

I let Boa Morte and Davenport leave on frees at the end of the first season which didn't feel like much of a loss tbh.

Oh and my takeover was pretty dull, a new chairman but no cash injection =/

Okay, just finished my second season as West Ham and it went pretty well. I spent the whole season in the top half finishing 8th and got to the semis of the League Cup.

I've picked up Caceres and Diarra(Mahamadou) on free transfers, and have a transfer budget of £23 million. Looking for a new right back although i'm contemplating trying Behrami out there (anyone had any luck with this?) as he's been somewhat lacklustre on the right wing.

I let Boa Morte and Davenport leave on frees at the end of the first season which didn't feel like much of a loss tbh.

Oh and my takeover was pretty dull, a new chairman but no cash injection =/

Behrami does do well with the right back position but hes much stronger on the right or left side of the midfield. He was keeping out jovetic on my game which is a big ask. Caceres on a freebie isnt bad as a backup. 23million? Geez how'd you get that much? (:

Finished 10th. Semi final of FA Cup.

Out went ashton for 7m to newly promoted Newcastle. boa morte/davenport/spector/timmer/dyer and a few other young ones including spence all gone for free transfer.

I signed danny simpson and Lucas Neill on frees. Also Jurzy dudek for keeper cover. Also Splashed out a bit for gabriel milito from Barce and also signed Urby Emanuelson. Just missed out on Deco.....I want europe this year. Upton park for a 4000 expansion to.

By the way how does Frank Nouble and Freddy Sears turn out?

Strike force will be diamante and Cole first choice with Hines/Sears and Nouble given a chance to.

These 3 are underated in game. They will not develop suficiently for a top prem team imho.

Letting Spence go was a mistake, hes the only youth player at West Ham with a chance of playing for a top 6 team.

Hi everyone :)

I have just started a game with West Ham and just gone past the first transfer window

Signings so far:

IN:

Rafael Van Der Vaart - Real Madrid - Loan Fee £1.3m

Sol Campbell - Free Transfer

Koke - At. Madrid - Free

John Fleck - Rangers - Loan Fee 550k

Alphonse Areloa - PSG - 40k

Henk Timmer - Free Transfer

Ronaldo - Corinthians - 2m

OUT:

Nigel Quashie - WBA - £1.9m

Kieron Dyer - Wigan - Loan Fee 975k

Jonathan Spector - QPR - 4.5m

Koke - Grimsby - Loan

Marek Stech - Peterborough - Loan

EDIT: it's going well so far i am just finding it difficult to find a tactic that works

Hi everyone :)

I have just started a game with West Ham and just gone past the first transfer window

OUT:

Kieron Dyer - Wigan - Loan Fee 975k

How the heck did you manage that? Ive got 3 Wst Ham games going and I cant even give him away for free!!

Well done ;)

Archived