Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey,

We've looked into Canadian distribution before - it's really, really difficult to get a partner who'll take the game and give it decent shelf space. We do really well with Amazon in the states now and haven't had any luck otherwise. Sorry, it's either Digital or Import for you guys...

We're looking into other partners for Mac distribution but won't have anything other than esellerate up for launch day. In terms of pricing - I believe last year via esellerate it was £29.99 and I expect it to be the same again.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Any chance that SEGA/SI will look to sell the game in Brazil next year (with a brazilian portuguese version)?

thanks!

Oh ok it's not something that's specifically on their site. Ok awesome then. Thanks for all the hard work!

Correct, we supply a link when it's ready - it won't be available until the game is available which we'd anticipate to be no later than midnight Thursday GMT *at this point*.

Hi Matt,

Any chance that SEGA/SI will look to sell the game in Brazil next year (with a brazilian portuguese version)?

thanks!

We try and arrange this every year but boxed distribution in Brazil is extremely difficult, so it's just digital at the moment.

Well, thanks for that. There's nothing yet, we'll just have to wait!

Yes, you will, but as you know, we'll tell you when the game is available, as mentioned above.

Correct, we supply a link when it's ready - it won't be available until the game is available which we'd anticipate to be no later than midnight Thursday GMT *at this point*.

We try and arrange this every year but boxed distribution in Brazil is extremely difficult, so it's just digital at the moment.

Yes, you will, but as you know, we'll tell you when the game is available, as mentioned above.

Hi Matt,

Can you help me with the situation in Asia, I have pre-ordered from Gamersgate.com, but after buying another game and finding that download speeds were less than 5kb/s!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to get a refund.

Some of the other sites listed say that it's not available in Asia and Steam says that it's not available in my region.

I'm in South Korea.

Can you please help, any information is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

would this be a bad time to say im a pc :-p.

when can i pre-load? still can't pre-load :-(

yea i dont understand that, digital downloading should be cheaper! it was part of the promise! all that plastic and paper and disc manufactoring! plus staff wages plus shop rent. hardly comparitive?

Hey,

We've looked into Canadian distribution before - it's really, really difficult to get a partner who'll take the game and give it decent shelf space. We do really well with Amazon in the states now and haven't had any luck otherwise. Sorry, it's either Digital or Import for you guys...

We're looking into other partners for Mac distribution but won't have anything other than esellerate up for launch day. In terms of pricing - I believe last year via esellerate it was £29.99 and I expect it to be the same again.

Cheers

Matt

hi there,

i am from austria. i tried to pre order the footman on direct2 drive. i found a notice that the game is available worldwide but not in germany. well i am from austria not germany.

my pre order failed. please contact the costumer service.

did my transaction failed because of license restrictions?

if yes, where can i download it or order it

thanx

P

Hi Matt,

Can you help me with the situation in Asia, I have pre-ordered from Gamersgate.com, but after buying another game and finding that download speeds were less than 5kb/s!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to get a refund.

Some of the other sites listed say that it's not available in Asia and Steam says that it's not available in my region.

I'm in South Korea.

Can you please help, any information is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hi,

All I can suggest is checking with the digi download options listed whether they supply to you. I don't have an alternative suggestion other than an import from a UK retailer such as Game or HMV that ship worldwide...

hi there,

i am from austria. i tried to pre order the footman on direct2 drive. i found a notice that the game is available worldwide but not in germany.

my pre order failed. please contact the costumer service.

before i do this i would like to ask if i can download it via direct2drive regarding lincense problems.

if yes, where can i download it or order it

thanx

P

I don't think Austria is a withheld territory for any of our partners. Perhaps try the Customer Service, it may not have been a location issue.

Cheers

Matt

Is it still possible to install and run the game without the DVD on several pc's like with FM 09?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just found out that the 5 licenses are gone. Other question then. Is it possible to install by the two methods (on one pc with steam and on another pc with DVD based copy protection)?

Again. fecking joke.

What the....

A lot of people that I know, who ordered the game from shops, got FM10 in their mail today and can play the game already. I on the other hand, who stupidly decided to pay £10 more than them by using Steam instead, suddenly got the message that Steam won't realease the game before 31th of October, in 2 days and six hours! This is a god damn joke.

This is not good at all. On my Steam page, it says 2 days and 4 hours. It sudedenly changed by a day. And people all around have received their pre-order in the mail, and are playing FM 2010 as we speak. Ridiculous, and a repeat of last year.

Why have Steam changed the release date?
What the....

A lot of people that I know, who ordered the game from shops, got FM10 in their mail today and can play the game already. I on the other hand, who stupidly decided to pay £10 more than them by using Steam instead, suddenly got the message that Steam won't realease the game before 31th of October, in 2 days and six hours! This is a god damn joke.

What they said - I feel we need an official reply on this.

This is not good at all. On my Steam page, it says 2 days and 4 hours. It sudedenly changed by a day. And people all around have received their pre-order in the mail, and are playing FM 2010 as we speak. Ridiculous, and a repeat of last year.

I know. It find this completely idiotic and incredible unfair. We actually pay more for the game through Steam, and we get it two days after those who pay less than us. Steam should make the game available to us tonight! This is the last time I'll buy the game through Steam. I believed that they'd manage to get it right this time, but no...

Lets hope so. But I still feel they should release the game tonight, as long as a lot of people are already playing it. It basically means that those of us who have paid £40 instead of £30 for the game, ends up having to wait one or two days more than those guys who pre-ordered the game in the mail. That's wrong.

I agree that it should be released earlier (tomorrow would do), but where did you pay £40 for it from?

Lets hope so. But I still feel they should release the game tonight, as long as a lot of people are already playing it. It basically means that those of us who have paid £40 instead of £30 for the game, ends up having to wait one or two days more than those guys who pre-ordered the game in the mail. That's wrong.

I agree that it should be released earlier (tomorrow would do), but where did you pay £40 for it from?

Steam store. Paid €50 for it, which is about £40? Just checked the currencies, and that's about £45 actually. I'm norwegian, so we don't use neither currencies. Anyways, in Norway people have bought the game for £10 less and got the game today in their mail.

Wow, that's a crazy price to pay for it dude! I ordered a digital download too, but from GAME, and that was £29.99. However, when I look at Steam, it says its also £29.99. Is it more expensive to buy it from Steam in Norway then, or have they only reduced the price recently?

Steam store. Paid €50 for it, which is about £40? Just checked the currencies, and that's about £45 actually. I'm norwegian, so we don't use neither currencies. Anyways, in Norway people have bought the game for £10 less and got the game today in their mail.

Wow, that's a crazy price to pay for it dude! I ordered a digital download too, but from GAME, and that was £29.99. However, when I look at Steam, it says its also £29.99. Is it more expensive to buy it from Steam in Norway then, or have they only reduced the price recently?

Don't know. Just checked the Steam Store, and it says pre-purchase Football Manager 2010 for €49,99. Just as it has always said on my Steam. That is the price I paid for it, and what it still says. FM09 on the other hand cost around €29 now.

In Norway we have a 25% tax on all foreign goods (except books) which cost more than £20 if you import it, so it might be related to that.

Seems very expensive to charge you that much, when in the UK Steam are only charging £30 (about 33 euros) So you are paying an extra 50% on top of what people in the UK are, essentially, for the same game from the same download company. Harsh.

Don't know. Just checked the Steam Store, and it says pre-purchase Football Manager 2010 for €49,99. Just as it has always said on my Steam. That is the price I paid for it, and what it still says. FM09 on the other hand cost around €29 now.

In Norway we have a 25% tax on all foreign goods (except books) which cost more than £20 if you import it, so it might be related to that.

Seems very expensive to charge you that much, when in the UK Steam are only charging £30 (about 33 euros) So you are paying an extra 50% on top of what people in the UK are, essentially, for the same game from the same download company. Harsh.

You won't get any arguments from me...Didn't know that I had to pay €49 while you guys paid €33. I didn't even know that it only cost about €35 in stores in Norway, or that you'd actually get the game today..

God damn. I've played CM and FM sinde 1994, when I first got it for my Amiga. I want to play..

IF this is correct, and Steam take an extra day, they can stuff it.

I am going STRAIGHT to "GAME" on the 30th November at 9 in the morning, and will purchase my hard copy from there. I will then request a refund from Steam.

IF they're delaying it by a day, it's a total and utter joke. Particularly considering last year's debacles. Oh well, easily sorted ... they'll never have my custom again, as well as having a refund request pronto on their desk Friday morning.

I'm only sorry I didn't order it in the mail, for fear of the postal strike. Sounds like you mail order guys struck lucky.

What the....

The official release date is October 30th and that's when Steam will release - don't worry about that.

I'm really sorry about the behaviour of some retailers but there's really not much we can do about that - at this stage we're encouraging everyone to stick to the date as that's the only way to be fair to the majority of our customers who are not on these boards and expecting a 30th release.

The official release date is October 30th and that's when Steam will release - don't worry about that.

I'm really sorry about the behaviour of some retailers but there's really not much we can do about that - at this stage we're encouraging everyone to stick to the date as that's the only way to be fair to the majority of our customers who are not on these boards and expecting a 30th release.

Fair enough I guess, but if there is no real consequenses for these retailers, then they will just continue shipping out the game to their costumers one or two days before we (who order it through Steam) get it. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but since you don't demand registration this year, it is. In my opinion, SEGA should tell Steam to release the game tonight for these reasons. Or I guess perhaps Steam is the one who are already asking you guys, and you should accept this request. Steam is in a tough position here, and will loose future costumers because of this.

Steam and SEGA should have knowned what would happen this year, and decided to release the game a day earlier.

I've talked to a lot of people today, and those who have ordered it through Steam are quite angry and a lot of them have decided to cancel their orders through Steam or will ask for refund, and have unfortunately started downloading the game throught torrents - which will cost SIgames and SEGA naturally. I've never done this myself and I will never do it, as I've supported SIgames since 1994 with buying every CM/FM game they've made.

But I guess this is at least the last time I'll buy FM through Steam. I've paid €50 for the game, instead of €35 and I end up getting the game a day later than those who have paid less for it. Well, it's my own fault really for not remembering what happened with Empire Total War and FM09.

And yes, I know you are not a representative for Steam:-)

Quick question, I haven't pre ordered from steam yet, and the release date says 2 days and 2 hours, which would put it around 6pm on Friday (PST). That is a seemingly odd time to release. Seemingly, to be in accordance with the midnight (GMT) release on the 30th, it would put the actual release date as 4pm on Thursday (PST). Is there any possibility it will be released on Thursday at 4pm (PST)? I really don't have any other options for getting the game beyond Amazon which doesn't release until the 3rd, so as an American, I'm pretty much at the will of Steam (or the other downloaded versions).

Archived