Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

i am getting frustrared, with the steam version of my game,

even after the patch, and driver updates, the game crashes,

after a few weeks, game time

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 10.1.0.19311

Application Timestamp: 4ae7b4af

Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd

Exception Code: e06d7363

Exception Offset: 0003fbae

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 3713

Additional Information 2: 260fe14bf356352ff2cf2eccb07f5a52

Additional Information 3: d878

Additional Information 4: 838affc848b6d732ad6332059f953b4d

this is the message i get,

any help please

thanks

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am getting frustrared, with the steam version of my game,

even after the patch, and driver updates, the game crashes,

after a few weeks, game time

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 10.1.0.19311

Application Timestamp: 4ae7b4af

Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd

Exception Code: e06d7363

Exception Offset: 0003fbae

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 3713

Additional Information 2: 260fe14bf356352ff2cf2eccb07f5a52

Additional Information 3: d878

Additional Information 4: 838affc848b6d732ad6332059f953b4d

this is the message i get,

any help please

thanks

I'm not too familiar with this - whereabouts does the game crash? Have a look through the technical forum or post there and see if anyone can help if you're sure your drivers and DirectX are up to date etc....

Hi, I just bought it with steam, but I will be using a MAC afterall. Is it possible to return it or switch it????? This sucks, and is idiotic I know, but.....

Honestly, I'm not sure - I think you'd have to ask Steam for a refund...

This information is probably somewhere but i dont have time to look just now. If i download the game through steam and then say my computer gets a virus or something and i have to put my PC back to factory settings etc, or if i buy a new PC am i able to download the game again for free, or would i have to re-purchase it?

im thinking of downloading it just now but if i'd have to buy the game again i'd rather have the disc.

I am trying to decide whether to order the game or download it. I live in South America so I think download is the safest way! Althought the download prices are not very competitive. I always check the gamestracker website as it compares all prices to buy at all selling outlets. I noticed the Steam US website is $39.99 which converts to 24 pounds. Much better bargain than buying through Steam UK! Ebay you can get it for 18 pounds at the moment. Decisions, decisions!

Anyday now I shall see the fake copies sold in the local stores, as always with Football Manager and all other games, but I shall ensure my money finds its way to the creators!

I'm getting a new laptop in the next few days (mostly to help run FM faster - how sad!) and I was wondering what the deal is with getting my Steam FM10 on there? Do I just download the Steam app, login, and find FM10 sitting waiting for me to install again? Also, will my save games still work when i transfer them over to the new laptop?

Thanks in advance.

edit: answer is just 2 posts, apologies. still curious about the save games though, especially seeing as they're an edited database save.

Ok I think the issue was that I manually patched it. I uninstalled and re installed and it's running fine.... HOWEVER

After launching a window popped up going through the payment process again which I thought was odd and it even said you have already placed an order today so I cancelled it. Then the game continued to run as normal.

That is very dodgey I would get someone to look into that. So do I update via the check for updates? Is that the same as the patches?

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded the game from Direct2Drive and so far have been playing the game for a few days with only a few crashes, no real complaints there. However, today I installed the most recent patch hoping it would correct these crashes and now the game prompts me for a disk. What gives guys? I've submitted a problem ticket to direct2drive but I doubt they're going to be of much help. Can anyone provide a solution that doesn't require me to reinstall the game and never apply patches?

Guys, which is please the cheapest and reliable place to digitally buy FM10 in Europe ? I see that Steam is € 50 ...are they crazy ?????

Thanks a lot in advance

Ya I live in Ireland but can I buy it at the UK price of £29.99 instead of €50 as it is quite ridiculous because £30 is about €33

So, the esellerate code doesn't seem to work on Steam. Is there anyway I can install my FM10 on Windows as well so I can play when I'm at my PC? :S Is there a PC download that would work with the code I got from esellerate? Any alternatives?? :(

PS: I did that with the retail FM09 I bought with no problems. I'd hate to think of the download versions as "handicapped" in terms of licensing… Seems quite unfair…

Thanks

Hi, I purchased my fm2010 copy for Mac through esellerate a few months back and like a few people I had the window pop up ever time I opened the game to get me to enter my credit card info, etc. all of which i had already given when I purchased the game. from reading the forums online I figured I would just close the window and keep playing which worked fine until today when I reach January 5th or so in my game (for the first time I know I'm slow) and it basically said I need to activate my game to continue playing...it told me to restart the game and activate my game which would require paying again for a game I've already paid for...any thoughts? I can no longer close the window and keep playing because it won't let me. thanks for your help!

I have brought for my Windows PC at Steam the digital version of Football Manager 2009. I would like to install the digital version on my new Imac desktop pc. But I get an error because Steam doesn't works on an Imac pc.

Will there be an option to download the whole digital version of my Football Manager 2009 and install it on my Imac?

I have been trying to make an back-up of my Football Manager 2009 from my old pc and trying to install it on my Imac, but this doesn't works.

Maybe have someone an solution for my problem?

Thanks Olaf.

I have brought for my Windows PC at Steam the digital version of Football Manager 2009. I would like to install the digital version on my new Imac desktop pc. But I get an error because Steam doesn't works on an Imac pc.

Will there be an option to download the whole digital version of my Football Manager 2009 and install it on my Imac?

I have been trying to make an back-up of my Football Manager 2009 from my old pc and trying to install it on my Imac, but this doesn't works.

Maybe have someone an solution for my problem?

Thanks Olaf.

Steam is PC only I'm afraid, you have no other option than to either set up a bootcamp style system with your imac, run a parallels style program or buy a mac version of the game.

Hi to everyone...I HAVE A PROBLEM...I AM IN MADRID FOR VACATION AND I BOUGHT FM2010 FROM HERE...BUT I JUST REALISED THAT HERE THE FM IS ONLY IN SPANISH(OMG!!!)...WHAT CAN I DO TO PUT ENGLISH LANGUAGE...I HAVE MAC...

THANKS....

Well my problem is the FMClub and using a Steam installation.

There's no CD Key I can see or find, and I'm pretty tech savvy with Steam (been using it since it was released), and Steam do not seem to be bothering there backsides about sorting this out. I have a Support question in to Steam about this, and a Support ticket in Sega about this too. So since SI don't have support tickets I figured I'd post this problem here.

It's kind of irritating since I moved to the US 10 years ago I haven't been able to get CM/FM until it appeared on Steam and Digital Download, and the few converts I've made to the series are also in the same boat.

Just bought this from footmanager.net (through this official website) and the website timed out during 'awaiting payment authorisation' so i didnt receive the info to download the game.

However, just checked my bank and the £29.99 has been authorised ! What to do now.....turns out the site (bar the page to download the game and purchase) is completely in french !

Have I just thrown £29.99 away ?!!

anyone else had this problem??

any help much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi to everyone...I HAVE A PROBLEM...I AM IN MADRID FOR VACATION AND I BOUGHT FM2010 FROM HERE...BUT I JUST REALISED THAT HERE THE FM IS ONLY IN SPANISH(OMG!!!)...WHAT CAN I DO TO PUT ENGLISH LANGUAGE...I HAVE MAC...

THANKS....

There is an option to choose the language of the game. My copy of WWSM09 (Same as FM09) displays everything in Spanish as I told it to. When I first installed it though, it was in english.

Just bought this from footmanager.net (through this official website) and the website timed out during 'awaiting payment authorisation' so i didnt receive the info to download the game.

However, just checked my bank and the £29.99 has been authorised ! What to do now.....turns out the site (bar the page to download the game and purchase) is completely in french !

Have I just thrown £29.99 away ?!!

anyone else had this problem??

any help much appreciated.

Do a ticket with Sega.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, you can install it exactly the same as last year. Or you can go "old skool" and use the disc without having to activate at all.

I was wondering the same thing in reverse i can only use steam from my dad's computer and on my labtop it wont let me install stem so can i download it from stem onto a cd. Or is there any alternatiive way to get stem installed because when i try to it says i dont have a windows installer. Or is there any way i can access the game without stem. because i dont want to waste 39.99 for nothing.

(sorry about my english, i'm from brazil) I'm a mac user and i have already payed for the FM 2010. I bought the virtual version so i don't have cd. I have tried to download many times correct version, but 2 things are always happening and i'm not being able to play the game

1. I'm being threated as if i haven't already payed for the game's license

2. When I get the game, it's just a demo version, because when i get on november its said to follow the instruction as if I haven't payed for the license.

Archived