Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

Do any of the other providers offer preloading as a service?

direct2drive do for extremely popular relaseses it seems. Or at least one of my preorders will have a preload in a few days. (Dragon age)

Will direct2drive be making it available at 12:01 tonight orshould I contact them to find out?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, this has probably already been mentioned. Was just wondering whether it will be possible to download the game from one of the sites onto say a hard drive/usb key and then install it onto a different computer? Afraid I'm still on dial-up here at home so was hoping it might be possible to download the game at the internet caf in town and then install it on the laptop back in the house. Cheers.

Can i get a simple answer here, as I've trawled through thread after thread and cannot seem to find one(most likely I've just overlooked it mind! )

Will I be able to download and play FM2010 in 8 hours time (friday morning) or do i have to wait 1 day and 8 hours like my steam account said.

I don't want to pre order with steam if i am going to be forced to wait any longer than i need to!

thanks for the reply :D

Tanzinho - someone rather kindly just posted this link in another thread http://store.steampowered.com/app/34000/ so it looks like it's 7 hours away again now (at least for me)

del55 - I might be wrong but I think you should be able to copy and paste all the files in your steamapps folder, as steam themselves encourage you to do so when you want to move all your games to another hard drive etc to save on download time. Whether you can actively chose to install to a usb or not I don't know. The problem you'll face at an internet cafe is whether they'll let you install stuff on their computers, unless it's just a wireless hotspot. I'd probably just find somewhere with wireless broadband, take my lappy and download it there and then.

Obviously you'll still need to access all your copied stuff through your steam account, so it knows you're a legit customer, before any accuses me of rampant piracy...

And still on dialup?! Where do you live, the Orkney Islands?!

Question about digital downloads, Game is doing it over here in the UK. And basically I'm wondering, will the game still run fine? Will I have any problems with 3rd party editors, utilities and such. Also, if my computer crashed, would I still be able to re-install the game if I saved it to a disc, or is that illegal?

Question about digital downloads, Game is doing it over here in the UK. And basically I'm wondering, will the game still run fine? Will I have any problems with 3rd party editors, utilities and such. Also, if my computer crashed, would I still be able to re-install the game if I saved it to a disc, or is that illegal?

İf you download it to c/program files and save it to d:/ you wont have any issues over it a friend of mine used it last year didnt have a problem at all but you definetly have to save it to D: just in case

Some say the game will be available on october 31 on steam and they have screenshots of it but i open my own steam and it says it will be unlocked in 6 hours can somebody tell me if there is an exact conclusion about the release date

As stated in many threads, including this one, the original release date stands and the alternative steam date was a mistake.

İf you download it to c/program files and save it to d:/ you wont have any issues over it a friend of mine used it last year didnt have a problem at all but you definetly have to save it to D: just in case

Cheers bud, I might just do that then.

Midnight unlocking has officially won Steam my support. Just bought the game, currently pre-loading.

I guess I can play a couple of hours of coast to coast! Shame you couldn't have unlocked just the data-editor part today. :p

Midnight unlocking has officially won Steam my support. Just bought the game, currently pre-loading.

I guess I can play a couple of hours of coast to coast! Shame you couldn't have unlocked just the data-editor part today. :p

As a matter of fact si have done a very well done job with steam its very handful and so easy to use i m very happy to pre purchase it from steam myself

As a matter of fact si have done a very well done job with steam its very handful and so easy to use i m very happy to pre purchase it from steam myself

Oh I was planning to use steam regardless, but my first choice was to buy the box in store, then add the code to steam.

It is kinda sad. I have every Football Manager since FM06 sitting in my games rack next to me, so 2010 had a place reserved for it. FM05, CM4 and CM03/04 were lost when I moved to my current place, and any older than that used to be sold on to a friend every year to help fund the new game. :(

The patch will be available this evening at 0h00 or tomorrow during the day please ?

The last news on the patch I heard is that they hope it'll be out at midnight, but don't guarantee anything. They can't guarantee it'll be out tomorrow yet I don't think, that's just the plan. :p

Hey

I haven't read all the questions/answers, so I don't know if this question has been answered before, but:

Can I buy the game in a shop (get the CD and all that stuff) and then download a digital version and use the code there? My CD/DVD drive do not work, so I have to download it digitally (can't use Steam, I'm a Mac) - and can I just enter a code I get when I buy the game in a shop near me and then play, or do I have to pay to download it digitally?

Hey

I haven't read all the questions/answers, so I don't know if this question has been answered before, but:

Can I buy the game in a shop (get the CD and all that stuff) and then download a digital version and use the code there? My CD/DVD drive do not work, so I have to download it digitally (can't use Steam, I'm a Mac) - and can I just enter a code I get when I buy the game in a shop near me and then play, or do I have to pay to download it digitally?

If you use mac, I can pretty much guarantee you'll have to buy the game from a DD partner to use it without the dvd in the drive, as the store bought copies will just have a STEAM code, no seriel key.

Oh I was planning to use steam regardless, but my first choice was to buy the box in store, then add the code to steam.

It is kinda sad. I have every Football Manager since FM06 sitting in my games rack next to me, so 2010 had a place reserved for it. FM05, CM4 and CM03/04 were lost when I moved to my current place, and any older than that used to be sold on to a friend every year to help fund the new game. :(

Thats a pleasure too my friend either way football manager wins=)but steam has an absoloute advantage

Well, at least I'm not alone then!

At least I have some months in the demo left to play that I saved for today.

Wish I thought of that. I'm all demoed out! And Arsenal was on a good run too. I just won Manager of the month!

Well, at least I'm not alone then!

At least I have some months in the demo left to play that I saved for today.

I can't play the demo.

One league, small database, I know it's all meaningless. Fine to check the game out, but no chance it'll survive past midnight anyway...

I can't play the demo.

One league, small database, I know it's all meaningless. Fine to check the game out, but no chance it'll survive past midnight anyway...

So you're saying I'd be better off creating a new game when FM2010 is released and not using my savegame? Well that sucks! Didn't realise i couldn't add in the other leagues when the game launched.

Archived