Anybody planning transfers for FM 2010?

As everton I will be looking for a left sided mid. Not sure who yet. Maybe Joe Ledley who I think is under-rated on FM09. I will also be looking for a RB if Johnny Heitinga is no good at that position, oh, and a better backup GK than Carlo Nash. Possibly Joe Lewis or Alex Smithies

I always start with Man Utd and hoping that this year they should start with £60m to spend considering the sale of Ronaldo. I will sell off a lot of the average players at man utd though (nani, oshea, park, gibson etc) and hopefully come close to £80m to spend of which a new RB is a must as well as a top quality midfielder (maybe moutinho who is always quality and not too expensive). maybe bring in skjelbred also who i bought in every single save on FM09. quality back up midfielder for £1.2m.

ill be interested to see how good tosic, ljajic, macheda and wellbeck are on FM10 though. tosic was very good on FM09, great crossing and loads of assists whenever i used him.

When the demo comes out I'll be Aberdeen and straight away sell Darren Mackie, just like on every other FM. Need to strengthen the defence, RB, CB possibley LB as well. CM and an attacking midfielder as well as a striker, so near enough every single position. I think a bit of wheeling and dealing will be needed as well as a few free transfers. Youngsters like Crawford, Fyvie, Pawlett and Paton will be brought through. When the full game comes out I'll start unemployed and look for a job hopefully from the bottom and work my way up.

As Real Madrid, a more defensive left-back than Arbeloa or Marcelo to make my 3-2-1-3-1 formation slightly more feasible.

As Aston Villa, after selling all the foreign players I'll be bringing in English talent to fill the gaps. Barry will be a bigger loss for me in game than in real life.

As Cheltenham, anyone I can get in for cheap/free and isn't completely terrible.

As Man Utd, not really sure. Whoever the goalkeeper of choice is this year (Akinfeev, Asenjo etc) probably, beyond that I'll just see how it goes.

Watford FC. No transfer whatsoever. Because Watford are mst likely going to start with a transfer budget of £0 and and Wag budget capped full.

No matter. If the researcher, Dave, got things right then he'll have some good youngsters comoing through. bennet, hodson, young, henderson, loach, parkes, jenkins. All going to be star championship players.

So i'll be playing the waiting game to see how things pan out.

In terms of Loans. Im going to extend Helguson, Cleverley, Lansbury and Catharts Loans till the end of the season and sign as many of them as i can at the end.

Helguson and Cleverley the priority.

As everton I will be looking for a left sided mid. Not sure who yet. Maybe Joe Ledley who I think is under-rated on FM09. I will also be looking for a RB if Johnny Heitinga is no good at that position, oh, and a better backup GK than Carlo Nash. Possibly Joe Lewis or Alex Smithies

Scott Loach is better than Joe Lewis and could even fill Howards shoes eventually. Wont be much as Watford are skint. Take advantage of us while we're poor.

Am I a cheat?...I dont think so. What I do is play the demo for 2 weeks with a club similar (in status & League, eg Nottm For/Derby, Spurs/Arsenal, Norwich/Southampton) to that I wish to manage in the "proper" game. I note all the good and bad buys that are made by me and the AI's and note the players who shine in that 1/2 season. These are the players I target to buy, though I constantly search/scout for more.

I'll either start with Pompey or Man United, if United, Silva or Mata, and depending if we get the transfer money from ronaldo, maybe Aguero from atlectico or Pato from milan. with Pompey, well, no money so should be good =]

Inter for sure here.

Of course, first job will be to offload the "DEAD WOOD", as we have been calling them for the last couple of years:

Burdisso, Jimenez, Rivas, Vieira, Mancini, Orlandoni, Suazo. And maybe more if i don't like their stats.

Going to focus on bringing in 2 good wingers, if not three (depending on Stankovic's wing abilites). As i love playing with wings, yet Inter have almost none worthy first team.

Other than that, i will be needing a supersub poacher and probably another support striker for the bench, i never like to enter a season with only 3 strikers (Eto'o, Milito, Balotelli).

That's about it for the first season, on the second, it depends on how they do.

On another note, i really hope they have made FM10 much harder than 09, as i will probably be getting bored of Inter by third season, winning both leagues and CLs, as happened in 09.

As Arsenal, i think i will bring in 2 DMs, a proper number 1 keeper, and another CB, if have enough money left after that i want another striker, as i like a more physical stronger lone striker than Robin, and i don't think bendtner will cut it there for me....another position i may consider is a back up left back, again this signing will be down to money issues as i don't see it s overly important as i have gibbs and traore, but i just want more of a solid back up as i don't feel either of them will be ready enough at the start of FM2010

i'll be starting as Arsenal as usual, getting a good goalkeeper and defensive midfielder will be the priorities, i'll also try and sign a decent right winger, remove some unneeded players who don't fit my tactics - probably Denílson and Diaby - and after that i'll try and find some future stars...

I usually have 3 saves with each new series. Man Utd, Aston Villa, Everton. Usually United first. I think what im going to do this time is wait and see the stats and abilities of some of the current players like Nani, Valencia, Obertan, Hargreaves, Carrick etc. Ideally i'd like to make these signings within the first 2 seasons. David Silva, Alexis Sanchez, Yoann Gourcuff and Sergio Aguero. A new keeper is a need but not a must straight away. like i said though if players like Nani and Valencia are very good in the game then i'll have to pass on some of the above targets (Aguero is a must though, great player).

Cheers.

Scott Loach is better than Joe Lewis and could even fill Howards shoes eventually. Wont be much as Watford are skint. Take advantage of us while we're poor.

Loach is also a chance too. Will wait and see what the scout says

Juventus:

out:

Poulsen

Molinaro

Trezegol

In:

Giuseppe Rossi or Cassano.... we would need a support striker to go with Iaquinta/Amauri and del Piero is probably going to be **** by December in FM10 since he's like 100 years old.

a freaking RB which we have need forever.

would like to field:

Buffon

Alves-Cannavaro-Chiellini-Grosso

Sissoko-Melo-Marchisio

Diego

Rossi-Iaquinta

I will be starting a new game as Liverpool.

First task will be to prise Jack Rodwell away from the bitters and stir up some conterversy in the city.

I assume he will be immense and I always go for an English feel to my team.

He was great in FM09 and he has been playing a lot this year as well, coupled with the fact I need a CM and CB cover and also that the makers of the game support Everton, he's my star of FM2010.

Juventus:

out:

Poulsen

Molinaro

Trezegol

In:

Giuseppe Rossi or Cassano.... we would need a support striker to go with Iaquinta/Amauri and del Piero is probably going to be **** by December in FM10 since he's like 100 years old.

would like to field:

Buffon

Sissoko-Melo-Marchisio

Diego

Rossi-Iaquinta

I'll bring in Kjaer to replace cannavaro after first season and santon if possible, also I'll bring a striker like pandev/cassano and a backup young defensive midfilder if there are no good prospects at primavera (there should be but we must see the database first) :D

I never do any transfer planning ahead of a release based on my real life knowledge.

I prefer waiting for the game to be released, check out whoever I manager and then start searching. Moer often than not, my fave real players will not be my favourites in the game.

Juventus:

out:

Poulsen

Molinaro

Trezegol

In:

would like to field:

Buffon

Sissoko-Melo-Marchisio

Diego

Rossi-Iaquinta

I wonder if Molinaro is worse in FM10, he was excellent last year (at least as backup).

I'm going to play a 4-3-2-1, looking something like this:

Buffon

Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini DeCeglie

Camoranesi Sissoko Marchisio

Diego Giovinco

Amauri

Now, there are some issues here. The first thing I'm going to do is buy an attacking midfielder and sell a striker, probably Trezeguet since he's older and will bring in more money.

Then my team will be playable, but there'll be lots of areas that need strengthening;

RB (Zebina and Grygera are just not good enough)

LB (Grosso will get too old, and if De Ceglie or Molinaro can't cut it...)

DC (Cannavaro and Legrottalie can perhaps cut it 1 year, then I'll need a replacement)

MC (This will be my team's dynamo, I need a better passer and someone more composed than Sissoko)

MCl/r (Need more depth here, I don't trust Melo to cover for Camoranesi and Marchisio)

Striker (Amauri and Iaquinta aren't getting younger- and I'd like someone more creative. Ideally someone like Aguero, or even Marquinhos)

Archived