quick poll for school work? ok if you dont want to write down

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 34 and I've been playing CM/FM, since the first one - I think 15 or 16 years ago. Before that I've played other management games, probably since the age of about 12.

While I do have responsibilities (job, wife, baby) they are usually tucked up in bed before I am, so I will either be playing FM or writing articles about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

first picked up premier manager 98 when i was 10, then LMA untill i was 12 then the champ manager series then opted for fm when they split, im now 17 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you my twin brother?

Same here.

56 in April been playing since the very beginning.

Ahh does that make me a life long student? Or maybe a total scrounger? Or even a man who should no better...the wife just icon_rolleyes.gif at me.

My mates thing I am an icon_confused.gif but I think this game is so icon14.gif

It's the only time that I can get NUFC to win anything!!!!

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's the only time that I can get NUFC to win anything!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But when the hell else do you try to do that?! Are you Kevin Keegan?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

17, being playing since championship manager 01/02, lent it off my mate, and been addidcted and bought every football manager game since then, love it!

22 been playing since the heady days of CM2 only really got any good at the game when 97/98 was released, good times.

Long life and prosperity to SI as i fully intend to be buried with the latest incarnation of the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

If you were Kevin Keegan, I'd advise you not to keep picking Alan Smith. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

Older than everyone else so far ! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I recall that from the last one of these. Nice to know Kazza'a got some miles on me as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazza:

Older than me, now that's scary but uplifting...i hope to be playing into my dotage.... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You young whippersnappers should have more respect for your elders- wasnt like that in my day!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazza:

Older than me, now that's scary but uplifting...i hope to be playing into my dotage.... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You young whippersnappers should have more respect for your elders- wasnt like that in my day!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, gramps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i'm 29 and i'm banned by my girlfriend from playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh oh...

35, wife and 2 kids.

Been playing since the original. Can't remember whether that was 91 or 92, was certainly at uni and had a lot more time to play it.

Current save game on FM08 says that I have spend over 10 days of my life playing it.

34, married.

Have been playing sports-management games of some form since I was 12 or 13: my friend and I used to make up pencil-and-paper games, and it was the desire to make sports-management games that got me to teach myself computer programming.

First played CM2, what would that be, '95? '96? but couldn't get into it - my footie knowledge was insufficient to help me come to terms with it.

Enjoyed Premier Manager '98.

Really got into CM with CM01/02.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james_33:

Is it just me or is there a hint of an AA meeting about this thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, we could stop playing if we wanted to. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speak for yourself! icon_biggrin.gif

23, been playing ever since the very beginning of Champ Man, and Champ Italia...thought how amazing it was to go round my mates and we could either play a whole game in England OR Italy lol...oh how things have moved on from then.

Used to play Premier Manager and SWOS too, and have played every single CM and then FM since the split ever made.

Oh and I'm a Uni student, law degree, not a mikey mouse one, but I still play more than I study. And I live with my girlfriend, who got so sick of being a FM widow, she joined me in playing haha!

Archived