quick poll for school work? ok if you dont want to write down

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another 14, first game was FMH06, then i got FMH 07. FM07 followed, then FM08. FMH08 is my newest gameicon_smile.gif

Not long, but on FM07 i got to 11 days, with another game to 6 days. On 08 i have had about 5 1 day games, 1 2 day game, 1 12 day game, and my most recent game is 5 days. Hate to think what i could have done with my time, and to think it all started with a £4 pre-owned game!

I'd love to know if anyone ever played the original Football Manager that came on a cassette and was for the BBC Micro. It even pre-dates Championship Manager.

That would seem like it was from the Stone Age, but of its day, it was revolutionary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

I'd love to know if anyone ever played the original Football Manager that came on a cassette and was for the BBC Micro. It even pre-dates Championship Manager.

That would seem like it was from the Stone Age, but of its day, it was revolutionary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How weird, when I opened the thread I was just to about to tell ppl this useless information. My cousin used to have a BBC acorn in the early-mid eighties and FM on that was mega. Still memories of its game play are quite slim I do recall it being an excellent sim. I’m 35 now and been gaming for 30 yrs!! I have an Atari console first, then moved on the commodores and all the way up to the Amiga.

Anyone remember ‘Kick Off Player Manager’ for the Amiga? Late eighties it came out and it was revolutionary. A fantastic sim and you could play to until you got to old and retired. Bit like Pro Evo’s very poor attempt into management sims, but obviously much more realistic.

Hmmm, the memories.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

That would seem like it was from the Stone Age, but of its day, it was revolutionary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, I did.

My folks would only buy me a BBC Micro rather than the Commodore I wanted as it was more 'educational'. Football Manager and Elite were the only things I played, but they were both quality games for the time.

I'm 24, been playing since CM3. Just because I have a job now doesn't mean I have some sort of responsibilities.

Tbh, if I was rich enough, I'd be living a hermit lifestyle anyway, so FM's like a godsend to me.

23, and been playing since CM97/98... Bought every version on release day since CM3 (1998) bar last years which i was a day late on due to dates being pushed forward, and CM03/04, which i had a free copy of courtesy of the guys at SI... Yes, I'm in the credits for that game. :-D

24, got introduced by a friend into CM2. been stuck ever since.

Its a shame my christmas tree formation doesn't work anymore. It was a thing of beauty.

The best thing is my GF doen't mind me playing it because I bought her a DS so she plays on that whilst I'm on FM. Genius I think.

Archived