Are the specs on this the kind of spec laptop i need

Screen size - 15.6 in - 1366 x 768

Processor - Intel Celeron 900 - 2.2 GHz

RAM - 2 GB

Hard Drive - 160 GB

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Optical Drive - DVD Rewriter

Graphics - Intel GMA 4500M

I've been searching for this on uk websites and i'm getting confused because there seems like lots of versions of this. What sort of price should I be looking for?

cheers

Yeah many distributers tweak the cards and sell them for different prices. ASUS is good. or MSI

As said by Steve, the CPU (celeron) is not good. Rest is OK. Max 5 leagues on this.

Screen size - 15.6 in - 1366 x 768

Processor - Intel Celeron 900 - 2.2 GHz

RAM - 2 GB

Hard Drive - 160 GB

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Optical Drive - DVD Rewriter

Graphics - Intel GMA 4500M

If you want a PC that'll run FM aim for these specs:

Operating System - Windows 7 or XP

Processor - Something from Intel or AMD with a speed of 2ghz +

RAM - 2GB +

Graphics Card - Something from Nvidia or Ati with a bit of dedicated memory

Hard Drive - 160GB +

Looking for a bit of advice guys!

I currently have a Dell Dimension 5150

OS - XP

Processor - P4 3.2 ghz

Ram - 1 gb

Graphics - ATI Radeon X300 128 mb

Hard Drive - 230 gb

I am looking to play FM11 with Scotland (all), England (all), the top couple 2 leagues in Italy, Spain and Germany + probably 1 other league. Which I make around 16 leagues. I only play FM and a bit of FML (less now) :( but thats another story!!! Anyway back on topic - really looking forwards to FM11 - the 3d doesn't work particularly well for me - so I don't use it.

What would you guys recommend I need to get to enjoy FM11. I would be doing this on the tightest of budgets :p - would it be easier to upgrade the system I've got? Or buy a new desk top altogether.

What would you guys recommend I need to get to enjoy FM11. I would be doing this on the tightest of budgets :p - would it be easier to upgrade the system I've got? Or buy a new desk top altogether.

Build a new one with using some stuff from this one. Hard Disk can be used. XP can be used. RAM maybe, if you post more detail.

Looking for a bit of advice guys!

I currently have a Dell Dimension 5150

OS - XP

Processor - P4 3.2 ghz

Ram - 1 gb

Graphics - ATI Radeon X300 128 mb

Hard Drive - 230 gb

I am looking to play FM11 with Scotland (all), England (all), the top couple 2 leagues in Italy, Spain and Germany + probably 1 other league. Which I make around 16 leagues. I only play FM and a bit of FML (less now) :( but thats another story!!! Anyway back on topic - really looking forwards to FM11 - the 3d doesn't work particularly well for me - so I don't use it.

You just need to upgrade a little. You already have a good OS, Processor and HD. But you do need to upgrade your RAM and Hard drive. If you have another empty RAM slot by another 1GB of RAM (should cost you £15). If not unscrew your old RAM and by a new 2GB RAM (£30) and put that in. As for your graphics card, have a look around ebay. Plenty of good cheap options on there.

You just need to upgrade a little. You already have a good OS, Processor and HD. But you do need to upgrade your RAM and Hard drive. If you have another empty RAM slot by another 1GB of RAM (should cost you £15). If not unscrew your old RAM and by a new 2GB RAM (£30) and put that in. As for your graphics card, have a look around ebay. Plenty of good cheap options on there.

LOL. HD is good or bad??

P4 is very old. Not for FM.

HD is good because it's pretty big.

Also his processor should be ok though because of it's high speed, shouldn't it?

Yeah HD is good.

The slowest C2D/Phenom will still be faster than the fastest P4.

I would recomend getting a new

Mobo with IGP.

CPU

RAM.

cheers mate i read that only documents like music n that can go over there and not program files is that true?

Actually you can send Program Files but its a little complicated. You can still install softwares and games on D.

I install softwares in C:\Program Files.

Games, movies etc all in a separate drive. :thup:

hey everyone i just downloaded fm08 onto my lg x110 mini notebook successfully but the the screen size is to big for the actual size of the laptop screen and just wondering if i can change that

There's a Netbook skin in the Skinning Hideout.

Ok thanks. Just wondered if I purchased a external hard drive if that would help?

No. External Drive is used to store data like movies music etc and/or backup. Won't help for FM.

Is this one any good: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB DDR3?

Its decent. Will run FM 3D comfortably.

Not that great for other games.

Anybody have specs around this level...

CPU - i7 3.06 overclocked to 4.00GHZ

RAM - 6GB DDR3 tri-channel (1600mhz)

HD - SSD Intel X25M

GFX - ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5

What sort of performance are you getting on FM2010? Im getting fed up with wait times on AMD 64 4000+ cpu machine and want something quicker.

Anyone run all leagues on FM2010 at a fairly quick in game speed. And what specs do you have?

No. External Drive is used to store data like movies music etc and/or backup. Won't help for FM.

Its decent. Will run FM 3D comfortably.

Not that great for other games.

It runs PES11 all on maximum, so it does latest Prince of Persia. Those two with FM are the only ones I play. It ran FM10 all on maximum, so I hope it will FM11 too.

It runs PES11 all on maximum, so it does latest Prince of Persia. Those two with FM are the only ones I play. It ran FM10 all on maximum, so I hope it will FM11 too.

Yeah but PES and POP aren't that graphically intensive. It will run FM11 easily on full settings.

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/667935/SAMSUNG-SAMQ530JT01 or http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/667692/SAMSUNG-SAMR590JS1B-RET/tab/specification#spec

I wanna get one of these, which one is best for fm?

Also there is an hp for 799 which has a worse graphics card but is i5? which one would you say to get?

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/667935/SAMSUNG-SAMQ530JT01 or http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/667692/SAMSUNG-SAMR590JS1B-RET/tab/specification#spec

Also there is an hp for 799 which has a worse graphics card but is i5? which one would you say to get?

The right one. The one with i5.

Both graphic cards are more than enough for FM, the CPU will make a bigger diff to your FM experience.

And this thread is neither hidden nor silly. Learn to be patient :thup:

Definitely the one of the right with the i5 processor.

Anybody have specs around this level...

CPU - i7 3.06 overclocked to 4.00GHZ

RAM - 6GB DDR3 tri-channel (1600mhz)

HD - SSD Intel X25M

GFX - ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5

What sort of performance are you getting on FM2010? Im getting fed up with wait times on AMD 64 4000+ cpu machine and want something quicker.

Anyone run all leagues on FM2010 at a fairly quick in game speed. And what specs do you have?

With 4GB of DDR3 RAM (1600 Mhz overclocked to 1800Mhz) and an i7 920 D0 (with hyperthreading overclocked at 3.9ghz) it took 15 minutes or so to holiday through a full season for England with large database. FM sometimes struggles to utilise more than 4 threads effectively (ie the loads are distributed very unevenly) but it still runs lightening fast. Autosave was on monthly as well so without the saving times it could have done even faster.

right.. i have 600 - 800 notes sitting in my pocket to buy a pre built pc system that:

a) needs to be able to comfortably play latest games

b) able to handle some processing for work.. and of course FM11

c) include monitor

any help chaps... im so out of touch with current specs... im pulling my hair out..

looking to buy this week... or today if possible

thanks

Guys, please help!

Would this be any good for FM 11?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/195973

thanks in advance

Not too good. Lacks RAM & intel GFX.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-l450d-13g-04127323-pdt.html

Good processor (2.1ghz), lots of RAM (4gb), good OS (W7) and a good graphics card (Ati HD 320). Also it's below your budget.

The Processor is not good enough for FM. Otherwise good.

Acer Aspire 8920G

Refurbished. But too good.

Acer Aspire 5741

Only -ve is Intel graphics. It can run FM on high, Movies/Bluray easily. Latest games on low.

Get this as you only use FM and Net.

Samsung R530

Similar to the one above. Brand preference.

If you want to play other games, get th one Tigertime recommended.

:thup:

The top one looks really good! Would highly recommend! Only bad point is Vista :thdn:

Archived