The Official System/Specs Thread

Neji

Is there expert here know the question?

for Intel CPU, High Mhz processor or more core run better?

I'm looking for a I5 660 or I5 760.

with I5 660, intel HD graphic already very good for FM, or I have a GF8500 for the quad core I5 760

Or even I should choose AMD 6 core 1055T ?

Sorry I cannot get a XEON X5680 (3.33G) or AMD Opteron 8439SE with Raid 10 SSD due to lack of fund...

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

i'm considering tis: ASUS N52JV-EX250V Intel Core i5 i5-450 4GB 500GB GT320M as my new laptop.

The HDD however is only 5400. got offered to upgrade to Seagate Momentus® XT 7200 HDD which is a 7200rpm with som SSD in it, for 100£. Worth it in FM terms?

Hello,

After doing lots of research on these forums i have narrowed my search down to this Laptop line, due to being able to customise to meet my criteria. Basically i used to have a Desktop but because i relocated into a small apartment i have no room and want a laptop that can compete with what my high performance Desktop did.

Has anyone experience with these models or similar, opinions are also welcome too.

These are the few i have customised and looking to purchase.

Studio 15

Base Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor (1.6GHz, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)

Microsoft Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit- English

Memory 4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]

Keyboard Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Backlit Keyboard

Video Card 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5470 Graphics Card

Hard Drive 500GB (5400RPM) Serial ATA Hard Drive

Optical Devices DVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD) with DVD Burn software

Wireless Networking Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card (802.11 b/g)

Cables 1 Meter Power Cord (3 Wire) - UK

Shipping Documents English Documentation

Gedis Bundle Reference N0855805

Standard Warranty 1 year Collect & Return Hardware Support included with your PC

Services and Support 1 year of coverage included with your PC

PalmRest Silver chainlink palm rest – with Black Chainlink cover only

Order Information Studio 1558 Order - UK

Primary Battery Primary 6-cell 56 WHr Lithium Ion battery

Carrying Cases No Carrying Case.

Dell System Media Kit Studio 1558 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)

Camera 2.0 Mega pixel Integrated Web Camera

Colour Choice Black chainlink

Accidental Damage Support No Accidental Damage Support

Online Backup DataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 year

Theft Protection Solution Computrace LoJack for Laptops, 1yr license - included with your PC

Telephone Contact NO - Dell may NOT telephone me in relation to my order and related products and services

Labels Wireless Label CI7

LCD 15.6in Widescreen Full High Definition (1920 x 1080) WLED with TrueLife

DataSafe (Services Owned) Datasafe Local 2.0 Basic

Microsoft Application Software Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Word Starter, Excel Starter)

Protect your new PC McAfee® SecurityCenter 15 Month Subscription

Power Supply 90W AC Adaptor

Operating System Recovery Options OS Windows® Recovery Media Not included

TOTAL :£773.09

Studio 15

Base Intel® Core™ i5-520M (2.4GHz, 4 Threads, turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz, 3MB cache)

Gedis Bundle Reference N0855803

Standard Warranty 1 year Collect & Return Hardware Support included with your PC

Theft Protection Solution Computrace LoJack for Laptops, 1yr license - included with your PC

Telephone Contact NO - Dell may NOT telephone me in relation to my order and related products and services

Labels Wireless Label CI5

Microsoft Application Software Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Word Starter, Excel Starter)

TOTAL :£701.10

Thanks

Hello,

After doing lots of research on these forums i have narrowed my search down to this Laptop line, due to being able to customise to meet my criteria. Basically i used to have a Desktop but because i relocated into a small apartment i have no room and want a laptop that can compete with what my high performance Desktop did.

Has anyone experience with these models or similar, opinions are also welcome too.

These are the few i have customised and looking to purchase.

Studio 15

Base Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor (1.6GHz, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)

Gedis Bundle Reference N0855805

Labels Wireless Label CI7

TOTAL :£773.09

Studio 15

Base Intel® Core™ i5-520M (2.4GHz, 4 Threads, turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz, 3MB cache)

Gedis Bundle Reference N0855803

Labels Wireless Label CI5

TOTAL :£701.10

Thanks

The link for where you need to post is in here!!!!

I have a Dell 15 Studio similar to the £700 one above (Core i5). I've had it since March and love it. I've got a career game with England, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Holland, Mexico and Germany going with France and Brazil running as background leagues with Large database. I'm up to 2033/34 and the game is playing no problems. However, if you can afford the better one, go for it, you'll get longer out of the machine.

can anyone advise me on the best laptop i can get for £700

i have been looking at a dell n5010 with a i7 processor and would like to know wether it is worth 700 pound

thanks

An i7 would be great for FM but you need to provide linkage. Google says n5010 is i5 based.

This site says its an i3. Good review though

http://blog.screenaid.com/2010/05/26/dell-inspiron-15r-n5010-review/

Hey,

My computer has just broken down, and now im stuck with a laptop that runs FM 10 slowley. So im in need of a new PC ASAP so that i can play FM 11. I dont really know much about computers so that's why im here asking for you guys to help me find one. The main thing i want this new computer to do is play FM 11 at a decent speed. I will not need a super fast "gaming" machine as i dont play games very often and when i do have time and i do want to play a game, i will turn on my dusty PS3 :). I went to my local PC world today and all there computers was i feel a little bit pricey for what i will use it for, we are talking £500+ ... So can somebody help me find a decent computer for a decent price please. (I will buy online) Thanks!

You need to mention budget :thup:

£160-£240 not alot at the minute as i need alot of money for the coming 2-4 months as i have alot planned and i dont want to leave myself short on money. Do bare in mind this computer will be specifically for FM 11 so i dont need some super gameing machine as that kind of machine is not needed. I have decided because of the very low budget i would be better off buying a PC custom made, so i checked ebay and to be honnest with you... i dont even know what im looking at! So if you could have a look on ebay at there custom built computers and link me to the ones that you guys think are worth the money i would appreciate that. THANKS :)

Here is a computer i see, the specs dont look too bad for the price (i may be wrong, like i sed i know nothing):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-AMD-Athlon-3-0ghz-2-0g-Desktop-PC-SALE-/140454583728?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item20b3beddb0

How well will FM 11 (will be almost the same spec requirements of FM 10) run on them computer specs?

How well will FM 11 (will be almost the same spec requirements of FM 10) run on them computer specs?

Pretty good I think. Add that RAM and you can run around 30 leagues easily. Otherwise 20.

Only thing is that it does not tell us which Graphic card it has. You will run 3D. Its upgradable though.

And yes this is the best "I" could find.

Pretty good I think. Add that RAM and you can run around 30 leagues easily. Otherwise 20.

Only thing is that it does not tell us which Graphic card it has. You will run 3D. Its upgradable though.

And yes this is the best "I" could find.

I may of been saved, if these specs are good then ive saved that money i was willing to spend on a new PC. How are these specs compared to the computers you found.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Procesor 6000+

4 GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430

250GB Hard drive

I dont know what mother board it has in the system because i dont know where to look to get that info, if you could tell me how to then i will check it up and tell you. Thanks!

I don't understand what you are trying to say in the first line but if you are getting the second one for free then I don't see why not.

Ebay one will run on a lot less power and "continue" in FM will be faster on that too.

Otherwise no Difference for FM.

PS you might not be able to run 3D on this.

Comparing Graphics Cards:

I've just purchased a splendid new desktop PC, the only downside is the useless graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 6150se. Terrible match graphics, compared to what I'm used to.

My previous machine ran perfectly well with an ATI Radeon HD3450.

Even though my new machine outdates the old one by two years - is it worth swapping graphics cards over? The ATI seems a lot better suited, but I'm not sure how to compare an ATI with an NVIDIA.

I also play FM on my office computer which has a fantastic NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT. I might consider picking one of thoes up if they still exist, or whatever the current alternative is at that level.

Any advise? Ta.

You wan't a comparision b/w HD3450 & 9600GT??

9600GT is much better than HD3450, which is more of a HTPC GFX.

Or do you want to buy a card??

No, the comparison is between the 6150se and the HD3450. I own each of these. Not happy with the 6150se, want to replace it. My older computer has a HD3450 which worked fine.

I only want to spend money if I have to. In which case, something similar to a 9600GT would be ideal.

Guys just a quick question for you...

Im looking at an HP Laptop AMD Athlon dual core processor, 4gb of Ram, 320 GB hard drive, ATI mobility radeon HD 4250 graphics,

Will this run the game well or average, and roughly how many leagues could I get for that?

Also is £499 a good price for the above?

Not wanting to spend a fortune, so seen this as a good deal,

All help appreciated?

Excellent guys, would this run it also? Last one I promise....

It comes with an Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive

Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 processor

4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive

15.6in HD CineCrystal LED display

8 x DVD-RW optical drive

Integrated graphics

Built-in webcam

2 x USB ports

802.11 b/g WiFi

Integrated stereo speakers

Windows 7 Home Premium

???

Excellent guys, would this run it also? Last one I promise....

It comes with an Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive

Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 processor

4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive

15.6in HD CineCrystal LED display

8 x DVD-RW optical drive

Integrated graphics

Built-in webcam

2 x USB ports

802.11 b/g WiFi

Integrated stereo speakers

Windows 7 Home Premium

???

Everythings good except from the graphics card which is pretty rubbish and wont run the 3d match engine very well. :thup:

Everythings good except from the graphics card which is pretty rubbish and wont run the 3d match engine very well. :thup:

It just says that its integrated. How is it rubbish??

Im looking at an HP Laptop AMD Athlon dual core processor, 4gb of Ram, 320 GB hard drive, ATI mobility radeon HD 4250 graphics,

HD4250 is also an integrated GFX. though it will run FM 3D.

THe GMA X-4500DVMT is integrated too.

Hi,

Long story short - I want to buy an ultraportable laptop that will serve as a work / uni machine and a backup for my Asus G73JH.

I want it to be capable of running FM11 with, lets say, 5 leagues. I am wondering what specs are of highest importance in relation to performance. Is it the CPU, GPU or RAM?

At the moment I'm looking at Asus 1215n, which is priced at £430. It's got a pretty good GPU (Nvidia ION2), a decent GPU (Dual Core Atom 1.8 GHz) and 2GB of RAM. I would however like something slightly cheaper. I am under an impression CPU and RAM would be of utmost importance, since I am planning on sticking with 2D match view and using only a few graphics. Would integrated graphics suffice?

I don't mind getting a second-hand machine.

What do you think? Can you recommend a decent machine? Any input much appreciated.

Hi,

Long story short - I want to buy an ultraportable laptop that will serve as a work / uni machine and a backup for my Asus G73JH.

I want it to be capable of running FM11 with, lets say, 5 leagues. I am wondering what specs are of highest importance in relation to performance. Is it the CPU, GPU or RAM?

At the moment I'm looking at Asus 1215n, which is priced at £430. It's got a pretty good GPU (Nvidia ION2), a decent GPU (Dual Core Atom 1.8 GHz) and 2GB of RAM. I would however like something slightly cheaper. I am under an impression CPU and RAM would be of utmost importance, since I am planning on sticking with 2D match view and using only a few graphics. Would integrated graphics suffice?

I don't mind getting a second-hand machine.

What do you think? Can you recommend a decent machine? Any input much appreciated.

Yes CPU and RAM are most important.

Integrated graphics can even run 3D mode

But that Ultra you posted might not be able to load too many leagues though. Its got a weak cpu.

EDIT : Ah It will run 5 leagues easily though.

Also FM needs atleast 1024x768 resolution to run. You need to check that too.

Edit : Checked google. It runs 1366 x 768 so you are good to go.

Is there expert here know the question?

for Intel CPU, High Mhz processor or more core run better?

I'm looking for a I5 660 or I5 760.

with I5 660, intel HD graphic already very good for FM, or I have a GF8500 for the quad core I5 760

Or even I should choose AMD 6 core 1055T ?

Sorry I cannot get a XEON X5680 (3.33G) or AMD Opteron 8439SE with Raid 10 SSD due to lack of fund...

The stock operational speeds of a Dual Core would be lessend against a Quad Core with intensive stuff. At the moment though, games will not utlise all four cores as far as I know, so a Clarkdale would you.

Will this be strong enough for playing fm 2011 ? ;)

15.4" TFT (1440 x 900) - CCFL backlight

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 / 2.4 GHz ( 2 kerner )

4 GB DDR2 SDRAM - 800 MHz ( 2 x 2 GB )

320 GB - Serial ATA-150 - Western Digital Scorpio

NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT - 512 MB GDDR3

DVD±RW / DVD-RAM

Realtek ALC663 HD audio

Altec Lansing Stereohøjttalere,

Indbygget Status OLED display

8-in-1 Kortlæser

ExpressCard 34/54 slot

Netværk 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi via Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN

Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR

10/100/1000 LAN

Integreret 2 Megapixel Webkamera med mikrofon

6 Cell Litiumion Batteri

Windows 7 64-bit

Guys just a quick question for you...

Will this run the game well or average, and roughly how many leagues could I get for that?

Also is £499 a good price for the above?

Not wanting to spend a fortune, so seen this as a good deal,

All help appreciated?

The Athlon Mobile chipsets are not as strong as the Intel Clarkdales. For a lappy I would recommend a Core I3

Archived