My Simple Scout - FM Agent

tw559

Hi All,

Just finished some working on my first version of my first scouting tool for Football Manager 2009. It has no editing function but is just a simple search and view tool. Also, i added a function to see current player.

Want to thank DrBernhard as this was based on his Scout/Editor Framework. Might add functions to allow edit but right now, i just wanted a simple tool that can ease me buying players.

Also, I looking into exporting to Shortlist but I cannot find anywhere on how to read the Shortlist files and what encoding it uses. Help if you know please.

Download Link:

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/33631002/file.html

Also, Im a Java guy so my coding of C# is not brilliant so cannot gurantee bug free. Also, the proggram was built using .NET Framework 3.5 so you will need to download that if you are wanting to get this running

LATEST ANNOUCEMENT

NEW Version ADDED!!

Hi Everyone, I have made changes and added new functions to the program. Change list include:

1. removed the Auto-Load on Startup, the program will now load by clicking Load button after startup. This will allow people to load after FM09 finished loading.

2. Can now search by Team by entering team name(or part of team name, e.g. search Manchester will show Utd and City players)

3. Search by Nation filer added

4. Search by Postion added (limited choices)

5. Search results now show Position

6. Active player function now automated, will auto-update just like Mini-SE.

7. Can now search by Staff using toggle in top area.(basic)

8. Bug fixes inc. Values maxed to 200.

Here is a screenshot of the Searching, the Acitve player automated and Staff search

screenbo4.jpg

New version can be downloaded here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PRC9S5EC

Megaupload should work for most people. Please try not to mirror to other site unless really necessary. I am trying to improve my points on Megauplad.;)

I have still not fixed the sorting bug relating to cannot sort the players by Value or Sale value. The Staff search stil need a lot of work inc. staff roles. This will be in next version. Also, will have to investigate further to save to shortlist...right now screaming for help on this!! DrBeranrd, any ideas on the Shorlist file structure. If so, PM me plz.

Thanks to everyone and happy gaming. Any comment on improvements are welcomed

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great stuff. Thank you very much.

Just a quick question though, will this automatically load all the players once I load up the game??

Yes.

To make an addition to the great work from the author:

When you build the application through 'Build' -> 'Publish Projectname', you can build a nice setup project, which automatically downloads .Net when that's not available etc.

Great stuff. Congratulations. Is it possible to implement positional rating % like mini-se and genie? I find that CA won't tell the whole truth, where rating is based on attributes which are more important for each individual position, so a player with 151 ca could be better than an 164ca player if he has the right attributes for his position.

Still has some issues, just tried to search while the game was running and every time I try it comes up with an Unhanded Exception. Year, Month and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

It is fine when I click Active Player, but when I hit search it throws that up at me

Still has some issues, just tried to search while the game was running and every time I try it comes up with an Unhanded Exception. Year, Month and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.

It is fine when I click Active Player, but when I hit search it throws that up at me

+ 1 I had de same problem

Sorry for my english

+ 1 I had de same problem

Sorry for my english

New assemblies are available from the Framework thread, known issue, and is at this moment solved. You can either download the sample application yourself and update the dll's from the bin/debug folder, or you can wait for a new release of this app.

Archived