My Simple Scout - FM Agent

tw559

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, i opened the software and got FM running. i entered a players name and nothing loads. Doesnt work for me :thdn: (theres no load button - so i dont even know if the scout prog is even loaded).

I had the same problem. None of the in-game editors will work. I even tried using different computers. I am using it correctly but I nothing happens.

Hi All, [...]

Great job dude !

and

All what I need to enjoy FM till the Genie Scout release. Thank you very much tw559, great work!

I too had a problem with the error about the dates, have uploaded the fixing files here:

http://files.filefront.com/FMAgent+DLL+Filesrar/;12450728;/fileinfo.html

Just put it in your FMAgent directory and it should work.

Thanks a lot, no bug report anymore :)

yes, i opened the software and got FM running. i entered a players name and nothing loads. Doesnt work for me :thdn: (theres no load button - so i dont even know if the scout prog is even loaded).

The Name box is not searchable....that whole box is for the 'active player' function which shows the current player you are looking at on FM.

As for loading issues, remember first you have to start the FM game up...and load up game of course. When you run the FMAgent.exe for the first time it will initialize with the FM game that is running and then ou can search for players.

For me it is a very useful tool and especially considering without it it takes me about 3 hours to play through a summer simply because it takes such an effort to manually search and buy players.

Also this is all I ever need to buy a player : Age, Price, CA and PA....although an extra search for position would be useful too.

Hi People, want to say thanks for the encouragement and support, never expected this to go down so well. I only started building it last night after getting home from work so tbh, i spent only 2 hours into it.

I intial intentions for building this was because in my current FM game, summer is approaching and I didn't want to use FM Editor as i have done for the last 2 seasons in my game as it was awful interface and hard to control. Hated the reset of search input and the buggy interface.

Will try to make few changes for people who have suggested them. At the moment i'm try to make the acitve player function update automatically just like in Mini SE for FM2008. Not sure how long this would take. If it was in Java it be done by now but still trying to find out how it can be done in C#. Also, Really want to add a Save to Shortlist function but proving tough. Cannot read ".slt" file as of yet so any help or advice is appreciated. I need to know how to read it if i want to create one using my program. I think this is the main thing missing from the program.

Will also consider have some edit functions and team searching. Bear in mine that I had no intent of making a editing program, FMRTE and FM Editor can do that but I understand its a hassle opening so many programs so i will consider adding some basic edits also.

Also, some people mentions about the sales value being inaccurate and I agree, but nothin I can do as the Sales Value is read from memory using DrBernards framework, and not keen on messing with memory addresses.

Will try to make few changes for people who have suggested them. At the moment i'm try to make the acitve player function update automatically just like in Mini SE for FM2008. Not sure how long this would take. If it was in Java it be done by now but still trying to find out how it can be done in C#.

Grab the source for OpenSE, it has a auto-update player function, which you can easily implement.

Also, some people mentions about the sales value being inaccurate and I agree, but nothin I can do as the Sales Value is read from memory using DrBernards framework, and not keen on messing with memory addresses.

Sale value seems to be a problem in all the editors and scouts, contrary to earlier versions SI has changed the way they handle Sale Value from a solid value (e.g. the sale value is saved in the memory), to a dynamic value: all because of the new transfer system. That way it is (at this point) impossible to read a proper sale value from the memory.

I might run some tests in the next couple of days to see whether there could be an improvement.

i have problems finding players, ie if say i search for mascio nothing will come up happens for quite alot of searches, nice little tool though looks good hopefully you can get it working fully functional :)

I wanted to check the PA of one of my reserve team players and it couldn't find him with the search either.

New assemblies are available from the Framework thread, known issue, and is at this moment solved. You can either download the sample application yourself and update the dll's from the bin/debug folder, or you can wait for a new release of this app.

This hasn't been solved by the new release in any case.

I have still not fixed the sorting bug relating to cannot sort the players by Value or Sale value.

Are you doing a .ToString() on the Value and the SaleValue?

If so, try to remove this, guess that will solve the sort issue, as sorting will be done following the rules for numbers.

I really want to use this program but tried last night and it just didn't happen.

I managed to download the program but when I opened it nothing worked whatsoever, none of the buttons worked and when i typed anything in it just didn't work, i tried doing a search and nothing happens.

Have I downloaded it correctly? Does it automatically go to the right folder when you download it? I have Vista and it seems to be a bit of a problem creating shortcuts.

Do I need FM running or not running? Do I click on a player?

I really don't know how to get this program running, i'm sure i'm not the only one so a set of clear instructions on how to get this up and running would be very much appreciated.

Cheers to anyone who has the time.

I really want to use this program but tried last night and it just didn't happen.

I managed to download the program but when I opened it nothing worked whatsoever, none of the buttons worked and when i typed anything in it just didn't work, i tried doing a search and nothing happens.

Have I downloaded it correctly? Does it automatically go to the right folder when you download it? I have Vista and it seems to be a bit of a problem creating shortcuts.

Do I need FM running or not running? Do I click on a player?

I really don't know how to get this program running, i'm sure i'm not the only one so a set of clear instructions on how to get this up and running would be very much appreciated.

Cheers to anyone who has the time.

Basically, you need to have .NET Framework 3.5 installed. Can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Install this and it should work. FMRTE uses same framework so if that is working for u, this shoukld work also.

If still not working try removing all previous versions of .NET Framework and try installing again

Archived