Official Should-Have-Been United Thread

Harryseaess

Should-Have-Been United is a team I created (along with the help of forum members in this thread), the team replaces Hull City in the Premiership. The team consists of players that were hyped up to be very good in the future but never reached their potential. All of the players have high PA's but their CA's have stayed the same (except for a few players who have had their CA changed). All players have also been given 20 in adaptability, sportsmanship, temperment, determination and professionalism so that the players will hopefully reach their potential. The media predict the team to finish 11th in the first season. The stadium capacity and the clubs finances have also been increased.

The leagues that are loaded are English Coca Cola League 2 and above, Italy Serie B and above, Spain Liga Adelante and above.

Aim

The aim is to try and make these players into the players that they were hyped up to be and see if you can win the league and other major competitions using only them.

Rules

Only one real rule and that is that you should not but or sell and players, bringing in staff is fine but all the orginal players should be kept and no new players should be brought in. All players are on contracts until the end of 2014/15 season and all of the players loyalties are set to 20 which means they are unlikely to leave.

The Squad (PA's)

Goalkeepers: Wright (-9), Foster (175), Schmeichel (-10)

Defenders: Srhoj (-9), Hanstveit (-9), Boumsong (175), Roque Junior (180), Boulahrouz (180), Vanden Borre (175), Richards (185), Ferdinand (-9), Taylor (-9), Bale (-9)

Midfielders: Greening (-9), Djemba Djemba (-9), Kleberson (-10), Svard (-9), Vernazza (-9), Veron (190)

Attacking Midfielders: Adu (180), Lulinha (180), Celsinho (-10), Opabunmi (-9), Pennant (175), Le Tallec (-9), Wright Phillips (-9), Denilson (190), Chadwick (-9), D'Alessandro (185), Jose Antonio Reyes (180)

Strikers: Samba (-10), Jeffers (180), Ameobi (-9), Aliadiere (-10), Maccarone (-9), Portiollo (-9), Adriano (190), Kerlon (-10), Rafael Sobis (-10), Nii Lamptey (-10)

Dowload the game here - http://www.filefront.com/15197521/Should-Have-Been%20United.fm

Simply retire me as manager and add yourself in as manager.

Good luck if you decide to give this a go :thup:. I will update this thread quite often to let you all know how I am getting on with the game.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Bentley - still too young?

Javier Portillo - broke Raul's scoring records at youth level

Kompany - not te best defender as he supposed to be

Andres D'Alessandro - another "Maradona" who didn't make it in Europe

Jermaine Pennant - flopped at Arsenal, Liverpool

Jeremie Aliadiere - Clairefontaine academy's best along Henry and Anelka; or maybe not?

Landon Donovan - not that good in Europe is he?

Cherno Samba - still in the game! Fm that is!

Mido - not good enough at too many teams;i guess too much flair(read "unexpected") for managers

Denilson - one time world's most expensive player

Carlos Alberto, who is out on loan to Vasco iirc. He did such a great first season at Porto, sigh

Adu as you mentioned.

Adriano.

Celsinho, by the age of 16 he was being followed by some top teams.

Bruno Moraes, everybody thought he was going to be a top player, after all "Mourinho picked him".

Denilson world's biggest flop?

Djalminha (too old?).

Richard Wright

David N'Gog maybe?

Theo Walcott maybe?

Ryan Babel maybe?

x

Except Richard Wright I think the others are too young to finnally judge. The same goes with Adu.

My suggestion is:

Jonathan Greening

Dennis Oliech, supposed to be the new African superstar some years ago.

Erlend Hanstveit, once touted as one of the most promising defenders in Europe.

Adam Hardy, was supposed to be the biggest prospect in Australia since Kewell.

Wayne Srhoj according to Beckenbauer (in 99) he was supposed to be the best holding mid in the world.

Jay Lucas touted as the next Viduka after u-17 world cup in 2001.

Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama-Pongolle, they were supposed to be world beaters.

Femi Opabunmi, after u-17 world cup in 2001 and World cup 2002 he was supposed to be the greates Nigerian ever.

Collins Brown, supposed to be the new Amokachi befor he was injuried before the 2001 u-17 world cup

Kelechi Osunwa, after u-17 world cup 2001 he attrected interest from Valencia and Barca, but a greedy agent stopped moves, now playing in Sudan

Soga Sambo, was supposed to be the new Amunike after u-17 world cup in 2001 and u-20 in 2005

Right, here is the squad so far:

SHBU.jpg

Obviously, I need 1 or 2 more keepers, quite a few defenders, quite a few midfielders.

Also, I need to get rid of quite a lot of stikers (would like 5 in the squad at most) and a few AM's (would also like 5 in the squad at most).

If you guys could help cut some players out and add some players in the positions that I need then that would be great.

Cheers.

david marshall, looked oh so promising for celtic especially against barcelona then got dropped, went to norwich and is still there :(

He went to Cardiff in the summer :thup:

And also has been in Scotland 1st team for the last 2 games?

So all is not lost :p

Joe Ledley possibly?

Chris Gunter?

Rob Earnshaw?

Lee Hughes?

All possibilites :)

Michael Owen

hardly! .. scored goals at the top level and wherever he went.. and is still doing it now... the only thing that hampered him at all was a period of injury...

He went to Cardiff in the summer :thup:

And also has been in Scotland 1st team for the last 2 games?

So all is not lost :p

Joe Ledley possibly?

Chris Gunter?

Rob Earnshaw?

Lee Hughes?

All possibilites :)

agree with all but ledley... he's a star and wont be at cardiff for much longer tbh... classy player

Giorgios Efrem

Arturo Lupoli

Vincent Van Den Berg

Carl Parisio

Adel Taarabt- too young?

Scott Sinclair

Sebastian Svard

Michael Bridges

Paolo Vernazza

Scott Sinclair is to young, he could still make it at Chelsea or at least in a PL club

Harryseaess, do you have any idea when this will be done ??

Would love to try it :)

Shouldn't be too long, I just need perhaps 1 more keeper and a few more midfielders, also, I would appreciate it if people could select 5 strikers and 5 AM's from my link above so that I can cut the squad down a bit.

agree with all but ledley... he's a star and wont be at cardiff for much longer tbh... classy player

I do agree that he is a classy player on his day because this season and last season for most parts he has been poor and Arsenal were apparently sniffing around for him when he was 17 :thup:

Right, what does everybody think of this squad:

Goalkeepers: Wright, Foster, Schmeichel

Defenders: Kompany, Srhoj, Hanstveit, Boumsong, Roque Junior, Boulahrouz, Vanden Borre

Midfielders: Greening, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Svard, Vernazza, Veron

Attacking Midfielders: Adu, Lulinha, Celsinho, Opabunmi, Pennant, Le Tallec, Wright Phillips, dos Santos, Denilson, Chadwick, D'Alessandro, Nani

Strikers: Samba, Jeffers, Ameobi, Aliadiere, Maccarone, Portiollo, Adriano

If everybody thinks this squad is okay then I will go with it, but I still need a few more defenders and midfielders...

Archived