Official Should-Have-Been United Thread

Harryseaess

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to be getting this thread confused. This isn't the players who failed at big clubs thread, more of the, players who were massively overhyped and never lived up to the reputation. Somebody mentions N'Gog who is performing well above his reputation this season.

As mentioned by myself, somebody like Kerlon is a fantastic example. Dubbed the next Ronaldinho, has had thousands of hits on YouTube but injuries crushed his reputation and it's highly unlikely he'll ever live up to it.

There are players every year, in Europe, South America and even on FM, who are dubbed this, that and the other every year, not all of them ever get near their reputation.

Another example could be Rafael Sobis.

Heres the final squad:

Goalkeepers: Wright, Foster, Schmeichel

Defenders: Kompany, Srhoj, Hanstveit, Boumsong, Roque Junior, Boulahrouz, Vanden Borre

Midfielders: Greening, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Svard, Vernazza, Veron

Attacking Midfielders: Adu, Lulinha, Celsinho, Opabunmi, Pennant, Le Tallec, Wright Phillips, dos Santos, Denilson, Chadwick, D'Alessandro, Nani

Strikers: Samba, Jeffers, Ameobi, Aliadiere, Maccarone, Portiollo, Adriano, Kerlon, Rafael Sobis

Does that look okay to everyone?

Goalkeepers: Wright, Foster, Schmeichel

Defenders: Srhoj, Hanstveit, Boumsong, Roque Junior, Boulahrouz, Vanden Borre, Richards

Midfielders: Greening, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Svard, Vernazza, Veron

Attacking Midfielders: Adu, Lulinha, Celsinho, Opabunmi, Pennant, Le Tallec, Wright Phillips, dos Santos, Denilson, Chadwick, D'Alessandro, Nani

Strikers: Samba, Jeffers, Ameobi, Aliadiere, Maccarone, Portiollo, Adriano, Kerlon, Rafael Sobis

I just want to base their PA on how could they were meant to be, maybe I should just stick with -8, -9 and -10? Players like Denilson, D'Alessandro and Kerlon would be -10. Or do you think I should use set PA's for each player?

The only problem is if I use -8 and -9 some of the players would turn out with crap PA's and therefore make it pointless.

I don't really know, you see, players like Denilson and D'Alessandro partly filled their PA, they became good but blew it before making it big time. Somebody like Adriano got to the big time, built the reputation then flopped immensely. For me, because they got there or partly got there, a fixed PA would be better, somebody like Adriano would be deserving of a PA close to 190. Other players, like Kerlon and Celsinho built a reputation without achieving much or getting very far, so I feel -10/9 would be more suited to them.

T'is up to you though, dude, t'is your team!

Okay, what do you guys rekon about this?:

Goalkeepers: Wright (-9), Foster (175), Schmeichel (-10)

Defenders: Srhoj (-9), Hanstveit (-9), Boumsong (175), Roque Junior (180), Boulahrouz (180), Vanden Borre (175), Richards (185)

Midfielders: Greening (-9), Djemba Djemba (-9), Kleberson (-10), Svard (-9), Vernazza (-9), Veron (190)

Attacking Midfielders: Adu (180), Lulinha (180), Celsinho (-10), Opabunmi (-9), Pennant (175), Le Tallec (-9), Wright Phillips (-9), dos Santos (-10), Denilson (190), Chadwick (-9), D'Alessandro (185), Nani (180)

Strikers: Samba (-10), Jeffers (180), Ameobi (-9), Aliadiere (-10), Maccarone (-9), Portiollo (-9), Adriano (190), Kerlon (-10), Rafael Sobis (-10)

Squad (with PA's):

Goalkeepers: Wright (-9), Foster (175), Schmeichel (-10)

Defenders: Srhoj (-9), Hanstveit (-9), Boumsong (175), Roque Junior (180), Boulahrouz (180), Vanden Borre (175), Richards (185)

Midfielders: Greening (-9), Djemba Djemba (-9), Kleberson (-10), Svard (-9), Vernazza (-9), Veron (190)

Attacking Midfielders: Adu (180), Lulinha (180), Celsinho (-10), Opabunmi (-9), Pennant (175), Le Tallec (-9), Wright Phillips (-9), dos Santos (-10), Denilson (190), Chadwick (-9), D'Alessandro (185), Nani (180), Jose Antonio Reyes (180)

Strikers: Samba (-10), Jeffers (180), Ameobi (-9), Aliadiere (-10), Maccarone (-9), Portiollo (-9), Adriano (190), Kerlon (-10), Rafael Sobis (-10)

Some good suggestions but anyone saying Podolski should be shot, he is top class just nobody knew how to exploit or wanted to at Bayern.

I said it originally and I completely agree with you. I'm really disappointed that he's never got the chance to fulfill his potential because he's one of my favorite strikers.

What did you do for the rest of the personality besides loyalty?

I left them all the same as they were, do you think I should have changed other things other than loyalty?

BTW, the download is up for anybody that wants to try it.

If you had of wanted them to have a better chance at getting to their potential maybe could have nudged determination and profesionalism up a bit?

Good point, do you think it's worth editing and uploading it again?

Archived