The FM2010 All-Nighter Thread (Player Naming)

Following the relative success and popularity of the all-nighter thread, a number of us agreed to a new topic as we enter a new chapter in our FM stories. Let the past never be forgotten (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=118314) and let us look forward to the future, and to many-a-night spent playing FM2010.

Perhaps not the best introduction ever, but you get the idea. :D

Of course players of the older versions of the game are as welcome as ever, as are those abroad to whom the night is still young, or may be long away. :p

So, who's about? :)

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently have a game on holiday in Scotland for the "Big Euro Small Club to Big Club Challenge" when it has gone through a season I will pick whichever team has come bottom of the third division and try to win the League/Champs League Double with them. Also I am in NZ so its only 2pm, the night is very young.

I've spent the day trying to best recreate the Cypriot league structure. I have the top three divisions, the main cup, and the super cup. However with each there have been limits to how accurate I can be. I can't fully recreate the way the Cypriot league splits, so I've had to compromise. Similarly I've had to compromise with the cup setup, and leave out another cup due to lack of teams in the database.

Another issue I had was that one team in the third division isn't in the DB, so I've substituted them for another side, who were in (presumably) the fourth division, which I have neither the teams nor the knowledge to implement. :p

I've sorted out badges/logos though, and I'm feeling proud of my efforts. :D

Right so after my time on holiday Elgin finished bottom of the Third Division, and so Des Tiny will be taking over as manager there. I am a little worried as I am listed as Under-Fire straight away even though it was some other clown who had them finish bottom of the league.

Before I go any further I am being nice to the guys in our challenge thread and loading up holiday games of the other leagues, will mean a later start, but mean a better group able to get straight into the game. :)

My Mac download is going right now. I'm off for a couple hours, then home to study. Unfortunately I have a midterm test tomorrow, but I'll definitely be getting some time in over the weekend.

Excited for some LLM fun. And some custom LLM stuff I'm planning with the editor.

I am boggling at the fact that, thanks to lovely editors who upload their work, I can attempt to manage Aylesbury United back to their rightful place in the upper echelons of the non-league game. SI's kind work in providing activities for us victims of the economic downturn cannot be underestimated :)

Im still awake admiring you lot and fact you have the game already, Mine should be here later on today ... So technically im pulling a allnighter with no game, Erm yea weird lol :)

Ha ha. Yep I'm with you. It's a quarter to three and all I can do is jealously look on at those that have got their hands on the game. Just hoping that my pre-order arrives tomorrow!

It builds up the excitement ready for getting it ... You lot gonna stay up til postie comes tomoz or should i say today ? :D

Or should you say if the postman comes today :)

Think I'm going to call it a night - need to be fresh to make sure taking Forest to the Premiership is a one season affair (no chance) when (if) my copy comes. Good Luck to all you lot who are staying on though!

Started a Stafford rangers game to have a play round with and its not going bad pre season is going well, but im feeling rather tired now :/

Anyways best bargain so far has to be this coach i manage to sign up, cost me nothing and has 4* strength and aerobic, not bad for a BSN team :)

http://i37.tinypic.com/6j10y0.png

Anyways time to catch some sleep i think, being at work all day doesn't help when i want to play FM all night :p least i have tomorrow booked off work.

Good luck to anyone staying up :thup:

Just played my first competitive match on FM10 and after a mixed bag of results in the pre-season friendlies we managed a 2-0 home win over sivasspor in the CL qualifying round and managed to beat the clubs fastest goal record with a 22 second strike by Fortune.

Aw, I was going to make this thread.

Got up especially early just to buy the game today, and now I'm just starting up this year's dafuge's challenge. I'm hoping my cruddy computer and "half a star game speed" (makes you feel a whole lot better) won't take too long with the holidaying.

OK, either I'm going mad or the forum's buggered. I clicked view new posts and it too me to the DRM thread, JEinchy's post was there but it said it had been posted by someone else... :confused:

Well anyhow, got a proper game going but my tactic has stopped doing well and two of mu players got sent off in the same match :(

Archived