1. 1. What role do you play Hamsik in?

• Advanced Playmaker, Support
    • Advanced Playmaker, Attack
    • Trequartista, Attack
    • Box to Box Midfielder
    • Others

Player profile

profilehamsik.jpg

An almost complete midfielder, his attributes and age means that you can consider retraining him as a complete forward. Has a good goal-scoring record from midfield. The next hot property in world football.

Now what’s lacking is a ‘places shots’ PPM…

Facts:

Marek Hamšík is a Slovak attacking midfielder playing for Napoli. He was top scorer for Napoli for 2 consecutive seasons.

Honours:

Slovak player of the year – runner-up 2007, 2009

Slovak young player of the year – winner 2007, 2009

On my Chelsea save last year, he was awesome. Immediately forced his way into the first team alongside Essien and Lampard and him and Lamps shared about 40 goals between them.

He looks very similar stats wise this season and can be brought for about £10-11m which is quite a bit cheaper than last season. I will definately be buying him when the full game comes out.

Absolutely amazing, You cant find a fault in Marek. (If you wanna be picky, his Work Rate could be higher ;))

He is the midfielder of dreams on FM, hes great going forward and scoring goals with amazing composure and finishing for a CM, but then his creativity and passing are also there to make him the complete midfielder who can thread a ball through defenders.

:D Have signed him twice on 2 full demo now, and he has had a average rating for Arsenal of 7.85 (16 goals in the Trequatista (terrible spelling) role) and signed him for £11.5m.

And then for AC Milan I signed him for £14m (I take it because Im a rival Italian team or something?) and he didn't grab as many goals, (10 to be precise) but he did average a 7.24 and I will be purchasing him on the full game, as I said, I cant fault the lad.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone bought him at the start of the second season? Or in January first season? If so how much did he cost then?

I tend to get him for 11mil at the start, you should be looking at paying 18mil+ that's if Man-City haven't beaten you to the punch, then you'll be looking at paying silly money (40mil+)

Box to box he excels at. Right in the middle. scores loads too. Any other setting he doesn't perform.

Interesting. I'm going to try this.

He's been pretty poor for my Villa side so far (half a season), I've always looked to use him as an Advanced Playmaker (AMC), and he's only got a handful of assists and 3 goals!

Interesting. I'm going to try this.

He's been pretty poor for my Villa side so far (half a season), I've always looked to use him as an Advanced Playmaker (AMC), and he's only got a handful of assists and 3 goals!

Thats exactly what happenned to me. His stats and positioning seem to indicate that an attacking advanced playmaker role is built for him.

It was only by accident that I left him in my team in place of another player that I found he is amazing on B2B mid.

A frustrating thing really. How many other player are going to perform at roles where their stats seem to suggest otherwise? How do you find out?

Thats exactly what happenned to me. His stats and positioning seem to indicate that an attacking advanced playmaker role is built for him.

It was only by accident that I left him in my team in place of another player that I found he is amazing on B2B mid.

A frustrating thing really. How many other player are going to perform at roles where their stats seem to suggest otherwise? How do you find out?

Good call, since I put B2B he has actually started scoring a couple from open play.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just wondering if anyone has tried to sign Hamsik at the very start of a new game with the 10.2 patch?

ive read around the forums that people were getting him for 10 - to 12 million however i have found it impossible to get anywhere near this. My offer of 20 million plus are rejected.

Any ideas? has anyone been able to snap him up for such a low amount with the 10.2 patch?

I think Dzagoev is better, people rave about Kroos but Dzagoev has better stats than Hamsik and a much higher work rate than Kroos. I would say Dzagoev is the best attacking midfielder on the game because of his work rate. I like to have 2 work horses in the centre of my midfield, otherwise I tend to get outbattled and outplayed. But I suppose in a 3 man midfield with 2 work horses/ball winners alongside him, Hamsik or Kroos would be amazing.

• 1 month later...

In my Arsenal save, I have Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky, Song, Moutinho and Hamsik, I also had to sell Denilson. Plus I have Obasi as a forward, who is equally adapt to playing as a winger.

Quite an amazing midfield eh? And I am planning on getting another DM in January to replace Song as he is injured.

Fabregas and Moutinho works perfectly with each other, I play Arshavin and Nasri on the wings so Rosicky and Hamsik rotate in the attacking midfield.

This post probably belongs in the Arsenal thread though. :p But to make it legal, I recommend Hamsik definitely.

I have a midfield of: Hamsik, de Rossi, Verratti and Pizarro.

shuold I play like this:

...de rossi....Hamsik....Verratti

.............Gourcuff.......

What role should I play him in?

You could play like that, or you could drop De Rossi into defensive midfield, to give you some stability.

Hamsik probably best suits advanced playmaker, but in that midfield you'd be better off using him as box to box midfielder. He'll still get forward and attack, but there will be less onus on him to create.

Got Hamsik on my wolves save had him about 2 seasons now (into my 5th season) only got becasue napoli were relegated. Play him as a box 2 box mid in a 4-5-1 formation and he has been great. Only 2 draw backs i have found is he gets tired very quickly most games have to sub him after 65-70mins and also seems to be very injury prone. That being said i don't regret buying him as he has come up with some great and priceless goals worth the 11m i paid for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

dagoonerfan - He would be fantastic in that role. I had him in one similar...

Veloso (DLP, Defend)

Moutinho (AP, Attack) Hamsik (B2B)

I did move his long shots down to 'sometimes', though. I get very tired of the midfield wasting posession by booting it at goal from stupidly far out when there are better options. Setting it to sometimes seems to make a B2B weigh up his options a little more, but Marek will score a few screamers.

So I just started a Chelsea save. I have Mikel (DM), Lampard (MC) and Essien (MC) in my midfield.

Balllack and Deco are getting old and Joe Cole is so-so, so I wanted to bring in another mid.

Who would you guys recommend? I was thinking either Hamsik or Gourcuff, money isn't a concern. Which one would be better? Or if you can recommend some even better. I was also thinking Hazard.

Archived