Official FM 09 Patch 9.3. Good Staff

zoopaloola

Seeing as the criteria for staff star ratings has been revamped for the latest patch I think we need a new thread to list the best staff, Ive taken most of these from the thread in GD but will add more of my own when I find them ;) Probably best to keep to this format- staff name-star rating-staff role

I think it would be best to limit it to only staff who have 6 or 7 star ratings

Ze Mario -Goalkeeping 7*

Valter di Salvo (Real Madrid) -Fitness 7*

Valdir de Moraes (palmeiras) -Goalkeeping or Ball Control 7*

S Naylor -Goalkeeping 7*

Ricardo Moniz (HSV) -Set Pieces or Ball Control or Shooting 6*

Juanvi - Shooting 6*

M Chamberlain -Ball Control 6*

A Renshaw (Bolton) -Strength or Aerobic 6*

Vincenzo Pincolini (Kiev) -Fitness 6*

Giovanni Petralia (Udinese) -Fitness 6*

Pat Rice (Arsenal) -Fitness, Defending and Tactics 6*

(thanks to Maz and Hattijnr for most of them!)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a good thread but in the past ive found staff stats to be quite random between game saves which means that sometimes stats might not be high enough.

and to add one of my own: paulo paxio (brazilian) or however his name is spelt, 7* in either one of the fitness stats. the only reason i know this as hes the only one who is rated at 7 stars in my barca game when it switched to 930.

Ulf Kirsten - Leverkusen - Attacking 7* - 5,500£ wages

Claudio Maini - Juventus - Goalkeeping 7* - 2,000£ wages

That Juanvi is only 4* shooting in mine. Cant attract any good Ball Control / Set Piece coach :/

Some coaches stats are random and can fluctuate from save to save so Juanvi may not always be a 7 star coach. This is why it's so important to devise a formula to determine what stats are needed to be 7 star.

First of, I've got to say even though I'm in my 2nd year of managing Juventus and I had 7 stars on all my coaches, I much prefer this system - least now I know that the number of stars directly relates to how good my coaching staff are at implementing my schedules, before it seemed hit and miss. I also don't mind not having 7 stars on every area straight away as getting the best coaching staff in the world should be like building the best team on the pitch - ie difficult and an achievement once you've poached someones 6/7 star coach.

I also like the fact that I'm kind of guessing/estimating buying coaches in who I think should have good stats.

I'm not teaching anyone here anything new I'm sure but I'd like to share an experience I've just had buying 2 fitness coaches in and how they relate to the number of stars.

As someone previously mentioned you can't rely on other people writing down a list of staff, some of the attributes are random and look like they could have a big impact on how many stars you get.

I'm making an educated guess (from reading SI moderator posts) that now as well as the obvious attribute your coach needs ie Fitness coach needs high fitness training - that he also needs high stats in Man management, Motivating and Discipline - ie more like real life!

So 2 examples of 6 star coaches I bought.

Niel Banfield (Man U) - Fitness=19 Man management=16, Motivating=16, Discipline=16 Determination=7 = 6 stars (he's also got 20 for working with youngsters, I wonder if that will give U21's an even higher boost or if you moved him to Youth Coach he'd be a 7 star coach? Just a thought)

Valter de Salvo (R. Madrid) - Fitness=20 Man management=20, Motivating=18, Discipline=10, Determination=16 = 6 stars

Interesting from above that 2 coaches with quite different stats are both 6 coaches, I'm assuming that like the previous way coach stats where worked out may also apply here ie combination of man managment, motivating and disc plus fitness equate to number of stars so though Valter de salvo has only 10 for discpline because his other stats are high ie MM and MT he's still 6 stars.

I've just bought, Eric Steele (I noticed someone suggested him earlier),

Eric Steele (GK coach) - GK=20 Man management=11, Motivating=18, Discipline=18, Determination=18 = 7 stars

Of course this all conjecture and guess work at this stage, but I think if we all contribute we'll eventually see a pattern. Of course the quickest way to find out would be to use an editor, but I don't like using them and for me the most enjoyable way is trying it out for myself.

It will be really interesting to see what effect 6/7 stars have on players attributes though now we know that 5 stars is excellent!

Apologies for my ramblings....

* Hmm I'm beginning to wonder if determination is also important - it would be in RL and might explainw why Eric is 7 stars.

Part of the problem here is that many, many coaches are different in every game owing to random attributes.

True, but many do not fluctuate too much, for instance, Moniz, Martini, Pincolini for example will always be at least 6 star if not 7 star coaches from what I can tell.

True, but many do not fluctuate too much, for instance, Moniz, Martini, Pincolini for example will always be at least 6 star if not 7 star coaches from what I can tell.

Hi mate, in my game Vincenzo Pincolini (fitness coach) only has a high stat in Fitness and I'd guess would only be 3 stars looking at mental stats, Bruno Martini (GK coach) has GK 20, Man management =16, Discipline =16, Motivating=12 and Determination= 14 unfortunatly he's only just moved clubs so I can't buy him to tell you what his star rating would be but I'd guess 5 at the most looking at Steels stats - what stats and stars does he have in your game.

Are those the coaches you where referring to? If so I'm happy to buy them and see what starts they give me?

Your right abuot Moniz, he has amazing stats for attacking/technique etc but only has 8 for Discipline and 14 for Motivating and is a 6 star coach in my game.

I needed to improve on my 4 star Tactics coach so filtered for Tactics, Man management, Discipline, Motivating and Determination, started at 15 for all mental stats and 18 for tactics, I only found 1 coach and that was Kevin ball from Burnley(who'd have thought it!) and I now have 6 stars for tactics :)

Kevin Ball (Burnley) Tactics=20, Man management =12, Discipline =18, Motivating=16 and Determination= 13

I know people have now seen their coaches fall from a 7 star rating and will be looking for replacements. I thought it could be a good idea to list any coaches in the game who are 7 stars, especially if they start as free agents or lower leagues. I just signed one for a league 2 game, although may only be available if you have spanish players loaded.

Name: Manuel Delgado Meco

7 Stars in: Strength/Aerobic

Also 18 for working with youngsters.

Scouts and physios wont have changed. The coaches etc havent changed, its just the rating system is more accurate.

For scouts I always look for: JA, JP, Det, Ada

For physios I always look for: Phy, Det, Mot, Dis

Yeah, running two games simo, both as NUFC, one started in 9.2 and upgraded, the other started in 9.3, I've found that the same scouts have improved ratings in 9.3. I assume it's seen as corrected, but it's benefitted me :-)

Do you want to bring in your own staff network into your new team? If yes then hopefully this little guide to decent staff will help you.

Assistant Managers

Garry Pendrey (All Rounder)

Nigel Gibbs (Press Conferences, Team talks),

Francesco Chinnici (Training Side, Technically)

Coaches –

7* Fitness Coaches = Di Salvo

7* Goalkeeping Coaches = Kevin Hitchcock, Christophe Lollichon, Eric Steele

6* Tactic Coaches = Gianpiero Ventrone

6* Fitness Coaches = Gian Nicola Bisciotti, Oliver Schmidtlein, Stefano Rapetti, Andy Renshaw, Giovanni Petralia, Cevat Güler, Miodrag Krivokapic, Tony Colbert

6* Ball Control = André Vilas Boas, René Meulensteen, Ricardo Moniz

6* Defending = Iñaki Bergara

6* Goalkeeping = Franco Tancredi, Nello Malizia, Andreas Köpke, Joël Bats, Claudio Maiani, Fabrice Grange, Joe Corrigan, Silvino Louro, Filip De Wilde, Stephen Pears, George Wood

6* Shooting = André Vilas Boas, René Meulensteen, Ricardo Moniz

6* Set Pieces = Ricardo Moniz, René Meulensteen

5* Attacking = Benny Lennartsson, Anthony Bancarel, Danny McGrain, Tristán Celador, Ulf Kirsten, Kevin Ball, Tony Whelan, Liam Brady, Pako Ayestarán

Physios –

20 Attribute & 15 Man Management = Riccardo Agricola, Alfonso Del Corral, David Fevre, Gary Lewin, Lieven Maesschalk, Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfarth, Gianni Nanni, José María Villalón

Scouts – A good scouting network with a lot of nations.

PA 20 & PP 20 = Steve Rowley (English)

PA 19 & PP 19 = Francis Cagigao (Spanish), Aurélio Pereira (Portuguese)

PA 18 & PP 18 = Robert Bettega (Italian), Piet de Vesser (Holland), Gilles Grimandi (French), Jack Karadas(Norwegian), Leonardo (Brazilian), Sandro Orlandelli (Argentina)

PA 17 & PP 17 = Geronimo Barbadillo (Peru), Hans-Martin Kleitsch (German), Malcolm Elias (Welsh), Stewart Houston (Scottish)

Nicky Hammond at Reading is a good scout too, 20 PA and 20 PP. He might not have great country knowledge but that comes with time. He's my main man at Bolton, if my other scouts like a player I have Hammond check him out too. Plus he's at Reading so he can be had for relatively low wages (compared to the "Big Club" scouts).

Very helpful 3 piece, I've got so much money I don't know what to do with it so perhaps I'll make a huge bid for Meulensteen. Already have Vilas Boas, Ventrone, Bisciotti, Moniz, Tancredi, Celador, and Ayestaran. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived