[FMF] Power Regens

CopaX

9hnj7p.png

These files generate regens from around the world, so even the Maldives, Tahiti, Guyana etc. and then we will not see the usual German, French or English. I think that may be interesting for users who love regens like me :)

Enjoy

2gwcqxs.png

Sorry, you REALLY have to provide some detail here w.r.t. which db changes you actually made! Otherwise nobody can be sure whether your changes interfere with others already present in the editor data folder. So please inlude a readme or post it here in this thread. Thank you.

the problem with fm at the moment isn't with retaining players from lots of countries (it allows you to customise it when you start a new game), its ensuring that those regens are of a decent standard

eg very few good players ever emerge from africa - even if your database retains pretty much all african players in the database. lots will come through as regens, but they'll be of a very poor standard

I just tested this using the Asian file only and there were more regens produced in asia... BUT a lot of the regens were TOO good! For instance there were players in countries such as Laos or Cambodia that were worth MILLIONS and had extremely good stats which is obviously unrealistic.

I'd love to know how the makers of this achieved this as maybe it just needs tweaking slightly to make the regens in certain countries not as good.

I ran another test using only the Asian file and in the second Asian Cup Brunei came runners-up as they had produced some amazing regens, which probably makes this file unrealistic. If the OP could tell us how they did this then maybe we could tweak it to make it more realistic.

Haven't downloaded the files, but I think probably they modified the Youth Setup values of some clubs in obscure countries, so now they can produce world class regens.

yes, i had a look and they have just added youth setup 20 to some teams in each nation. Which explains the super regens. This could be made better if you weight the value of the youth setup against the repuatation of the country.

I used these on my holiday game and I can confirm it works, I have not checked global finances etc but this does not seem to have affected anything. Although as time went by the variety of nationalities of regens decreased after the initial increase.

Summary: Very sucessful increase followed by gradual decrease, however i would recommend it.

I used these on my holiday game and I can confirm it works, I have not checked global finances etc but this does not seem to have affected anything. Although as time went by the variety of nationalities of regens decreased after the initial increase.

Summary: Very sucessful increase followed by gradual decrease, however i would recommend it.

The quality of regens in certain countries was TOO good... and their values were too high... it was costing 3m+ to sign Laos or Cambodias best strikers when in reality it would cost next to nothing.

Heh, I live in Cambodia. Trust me, JLlo's correct - there's no infrastructure here to make it possible a young player could develop that well.

Agreed...

If we could find out what they did then for the countries without a good football infrastructure we could lower it so they still produce regens just not good quality ones. I love how it produces a lot more regens in all countries it is just the quality of them are too good.

I just did a test WITHOUT the Power Regen files and in the year 2019 nearly all lower countries have no players at all. So a balance is needed, something like the PowerRegen files just not as good.

guys nobody tells to use it ABSOLUTELY !!!

is created only like a joke...i like very well the regens and so i've created it !!

Is true, some regens are TOO good but you can't buy an U-18 !! So, a young regens from example to Laos you NEED to buy him when he have 18+ or when he'll have 20 or 21 years ago he can decide to leave football...

sorry, my english isn't the best but i hope you've understand my opinion !

on your game this .xml can give opprtunity to trust in a regens from Africa, Oceania etc. and not always the usualy europen youngster !

Heh, I live in Cambodia. Trust me, JLlo's correct - there's no infrastructure here to make it possible a young player could develop that well.
guys nobody tells to use it ABSOLUTELY !!!

is created only like a joke...i like very well the regens and so i've created it !!

Is true, some regens are TOO good but you can't buy an U-18 !! So, a young regens from example to Laos you NEED to buy him when he have 18+ or when he'll have 20 or 21 years ago he can decide to leave football...

sorry, my english isn't the best but i hope you've understand my opinion !

on your game this .xml can give opprtunity to trust in a regens from Africa, Oceania etc. and not always the usualy europen youngster !

Thanks for the reply copaX!

We'd just like to know what tweaks you did to the get the nations to produce more regens? What you did actually works, we just need to lower it so the regens are not quite as good.

Apologies if this sounds daft...but can someone give me a step-by-step guide to extracting the file etc, and where to exactly?

Also, I assume I would have to start a new game, but will this extra file have any impact on my current game?

PS I am running 10.1...

Thanks in advance! :)

C:\Users\*Your Name Here*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

Put it in there Y@$H!. That's if you're on Vista. I don't remember what it would be if you were on XP or something else.

C:\Users\*Your Name Here*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

Put it in there Y@$H!. That's if you're on Vista. I don't remember what it would be if you were on XP or something else.

Ok, thanks anyway Magus..I'm still with 10.1...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you could tell us how you made this.

A lot of people like what you have done, but want to edit it slightly to reflect real life players a bit more.

Thanks for your work and your help. :thup:

I have found a reasonable way of calculating how good teams youth systems should be, of course it is rather weighted in favour of the larger nations but that shouldn't matter too much if reputation of smaller nations clubs is adjusted enough.

Latest fifa rankings

I divided twenty by the number of ranked teams (207) as that was the no. of points up for grabs. I multiplied that by a backwards ranking of the teams involved in the rankings, so for Afghanistan multiply by 12 as there are only 12 teams worse than them in the world. That gives you a number, 1.15 for Afghanistan.

I would call that their coefficient. This is far from exact but I would then take about a 12th of all afghan clubs and give them a youth setup rating of 4, a 3rd a rating of 3, and a half a rating of 2, give the rest 1.

That way this ensures produced regen skills in the future are proportional to their countries ranking at the start of the game.

I can follow the first part about the dividing of the ratings and the range of the skills. (20/207*12=1.15 or 1.16)

But then why would you take 1/12 part of the teams? Because there are only 12 team worse?

As 1.15 is your coefficient, shouldn't your youth setup be 1, instead of 4, 3, 2 and 1?

(Well, in my logic, we can't have all Brazilian and Spanish teams have 20 ofcourse.)

We should also think about which teams to give what skills.

When a team is from a good country, but has only one star player in it's entire history it should ofcourse get another rating then a team that has brought a lot of talent in the world of football.

I feel you are close to a good system (with the coefficients), but it might need some more tweaking, I think.

If I have more ideas, I will post them.

Because not all clubs in a country's system are going to have the same setup are they? I think it is a fair estimate that 1/12 of the clubs in any country are on a plateau far above the rest (e.g. in the English system 1/12 of all of the teams are far better than the rest on a good day (1/12 is 8 teams, so: Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Aston Villa and Everton who can beat any other team on their day)). If we apply different coefficients to different teams then we could more accurately judge which teams are the best to give higher ratings to.

This is still very much in the pipeline as a coefficient form but I would propose taking different fractions of teams for different leagues. As the Scottish league standard is apart from the Old Firm, equivalent to about League One they should therefore have less higher rated academies.

Hope I have done a little to explain my methods above. Maybe more teams should be given a rating of 1 ather than 2 but that is just by the by.

OK.

1/12 is only about 8, when taken out of 100.

1/12 out of the 20 EPL teams would be 1 or 2.

But that is not important right now.

We could indeed use the Fifa rankings of the national teams, but also have to consider the European coefficients, as some nations have some very good players, but a not so high standard of the clubs or the national team. If we could make a fair mix, then this could be a very good addition to our game.

A thing to keep in mind is how we implement this in game. If people would like to use for example a database from someone else, we don't want this regen update to mess with another update.

The most important thing right now, is that this is CopaX's project.

If he/she wants to keep it this way, we shouldn't discuss this in this thread, as we cannot change someone else's work ofcourse.

Somehow I don't think he will be back. However if he does get back I will move this to another thread.

How would we implement the UEFA coefficient though? I suppose we could take the average CA of all of the players from a country and factor that in somehow.

And as for your point about the English league system, 92 teams in the football league divided by 12 comes to 7.67 which goes back to my earlier point.

The football league is EPL and Championship and Coca Cola Division 1 + 2?

Ok, then I understand your math. :)

The longer I think of it, the better the Fifa ranking seems.

I have thought about WC succes, UEFA coefficients or even the UEFA top goalscorers list (where goals are giving weight according to competition level) but it all seems to have more downsides (as in hard to find or impossible to calculate) than it have upsides.

Perhaps just looking at the Fifa rankings, perhaps in combination with the most succesfull clubs in a nation is just enough.

Or what about just counting CA/PA 150+ players in the official editor? The more the better.

I think if we just look at the FIFA rankings and compare them to the number of teams in a given nation that could probably beat anybody else. Of course with lesse known countries that becomes harder, so how about looking at all teams to have won a certain amount of trophies? That would lead to an even better coefficient.

We could do that yes.

Looking at the teams youth to see what kind of PA their players have could help too, but only if we count players that came through the clubs youth setup.

So now we have:

1 - Fifa ranking

2 - Number of good teams in that nation

3 - Amount of trophies won

4 - Youth players (?) / Well known youth setup (?)

What kind of nations could you do?

I might be able to investigate Holland, Belgium and / or Germany at first.

yes, but you're talking about a project a bit different from mine ! :) i'm glad, you can also speak here because i'm interesting in it !

in mine FMF Powere Regens i've just only change some settings in youth academy ! however, these settings are the same in all countries without thinking of the coefficients, because i like it like i did :)

Archived