Most fun team you've played with on FM16

I was wondering what teams people are having the most fun with. Obviously fun means something different for everyone. What I find fun is teams with decent budgets, high sponsorships, but lower expectations initially. A great youth development can also help with fun.

Also, what teams are least fun? High expectations but stingy boards and low to no sponsorships......I'm MK Dons and it's not a lot of fun. I mean it IS a lot of fun because its challenging and you have to be creative but the board is extremely stingy, yet keeps increasing expectations while giving me $0 for two straight years in transfer money and only 30% of player sales :/

Borussia Dortmund are good fun. Aside from being very poor up front, they have a great squad, great youth set-up, great youngsters coming through the academy, buttloads of cash (released to the manager from season 2 onward), and huge attendances. Plus expectations are pretty low for all that.

Least fun is probably Liverpool. Average squad, huge wages, awful youth prospects, average academy, low number of genuine home-grown talent, a lot of debt, and silly expectations.

*I originally wrote a word I didn't realise would be censored. Apologies.

The epic first season with Sheffield Wednesday on FM Classic this year. I'm sure the people who have been reading the thread on the FMT forum will agree!

In the main game, got a lower league save on the go, started at Truro, and got the Stockport job halfway through the 2nd season, but it's not been that great to be honest. My FMC save has been way more enjoyable.

My time in serie d in Italy, challenging myself with creating a new tactic, was hugely enjoyable. Especially when about 6 or 7 seasons in I got myself the most dominant side I have ever had in fm history, winning all but 2 games, and most by 4 or 5 goals at citta de guillanova.

I had an excellent save with FC Vaslui in Romania Liga I in FM 2015. I had a youth player who was better than anyone else in Romania and I built a team around him.

They didn't get a licence for this season because of financial irregularities and now they are in (the unplayable) Liga IV. Sad times!

I'm just starting out at Ebbsfleet in the conference south. In all my years of CM and FM I have only really ever done top flight football (with very rare exceptions). I need a new challenge to keep it interesting so gonna see where this takes me.

Hardest part is going to be resisting moves to bigger clubs. In March of first season now and already favourite for a few league 1 and 2 jobs.

I'm just starting out at Ebbsfleet in the conference south. In all my years of CM and FM I have only really ever done top flight football (with very rare exceptions). I need a new challenge to keep it interesting so gonna see where this takes me.

Hardest part is going to be resisting moves to bigger clubs. In March of first season now and already favourite for a few league 1 and 2 jobs.

Yeah, I usually take underrated teams with good youth setups and decent budgets (Like Southampton) but this year I decided to make things tough with MK Dons.....Things are very tough indeed :(

Ajax sounds fun, never managed them in any FM oddly enough. I'm currently doing a Salford city save and really enjoying it, I've been pretty meticulous with the money & squad management, plus working hard on the scouting side - I've just brought in a great CB which has given me hope of challenging again this year after last years promotion from the Conference North.

Lower league is hard and you need an affinity with the club, but the rewards can be big and the pool of players you can find is alot larger, a top team can be very hard to improve once you have world class players in all positions.

Took over a struggling Derby side in Oct 1st season, things were slow at first but now things are clicking and moving towards mid table. Quite enjoying that right now.

Got bored of being Arsenal after about 2 years of my 1st save.

I've always preferred lower league, playing in the bottom tier of England with the mighty (and local to me) Chorley (Conference North). Predicted to finish low/mid table (I think 15th), currently sitting in joint 1st after 18 games so success seems achievable.

Squad wise you have a very good striker and 2 very good CMs to build around. Wage wise you don't have much spare but can recontract a few of your lesser players to non-contract to free up budget (Cotrell, Winter, Roscoe, Jarvis, Almond etc.), you can also use this to terminate contracts completely if needed instead of paying them off.

I'm having a blast so far playing very unattractive long ball football haha...

Borussia Dortmund are good fun. Aside from being very poor up front, they have a great squad, great youth set-up, great youngsters coming through the academy, buttloads of cash (released to the manager from season 2 onward), and huge attendances. Plus expectations are pretty low for all that.

Least fun is probably Liverpool. Average squad, huge wages, awful youth prospects, average academy, low number of genuine home-grown talent, a lot of debt, and silly expectations.

*I originally wrote a word I didn't realise would be censored. Apologies.

Sounds like Klopp's made a bad move then :lol:

I've struggled to really get into a save this year but I've just started one as Bristol Rovers which I am finally getting into. Predicted to finish in last place I think, but 7 or 8 games in I'm 3rd in the league and feeling optimistic. Don't think I'll stay around too long might travel around Europe a bit on this one if possible!

I tried with one or two bigger teams but couldn't get into it.

What was your starting rep??

Started with Regional level Pro. Went two and a half seasons with Ebbsfleet in the end. Conference south and then Conference titles. Very tough in League two, but after 20 games was 8th. Bradford, midway in league 1, came up so have jumped on that now. Keeping it interesting.....

I've struggled to really get into a save this year but I've just started one as Bristol Rovers which I am finally getting into. Predicted to finish in last place I think, but 7 or 8 games in I'm 3rd in the league and feeling optimistic. Don't think I'll stay around too long might travel around Europe a bit on this one if possible!

I tried with one or two bigger teams but couldn't get into it.

Just hope your goalkeeper doesn't get injured. I was doing the same in the Championship, then my goalie got hurt (2 years straight) and like a kamikaze pilot, I nosedived.

Only played with Rangers but I'm having a blast. Took until my 4th year (3rd in the SPL) to break Celtic's dominance and it's finally looking like good times are heading my way. Also doing much better than expected in my first season back in the Champions League, sitting 2nd in a tough group but mainly I'm just happy to be taking part for the money!

Only played with Rangers but I'm having a blast. Took until my 4th year (3rd in the SPL) to break Celtic's dominance and it's finally looking like good times are heading my way. Also doing much better than expected in my first season back in the Champions League, sitting 2nd in a tough group but mainly I'm just happy to be taking part for the money!

Thats impressive given their recent fall from grace

Archived