Haven't bought an FM since 12...Buy patched 15 or wait for 16???

I know it improves every year a little. I was wondering if there is anything in particular that you're looking forward to in 16.

Don't know much about 16 yet, just the dynamic rivalries. I'd wait it out though, might as well have the most up to date squads and latest wonderkids and all that.

Right now, Dynamic Rivalries is the only feature announced by SI. Anything else will just be speculation, beyond the usual incremental improvements. SI usually hold their cards close to their collective vest on this sort of thing.

If you can find it for less than 20 bucks and you have a serious jones to play, I say get it. You'll get at least two months out of it. Maybe even longer if you enjoy it, then you can wait until the Steam holiday sale to pick up 16. Often by then SI will have patched up any true game-breaking bugs.

Right now, Dynamic Rivalries is the only feature announced by SI. Anything else will just be speculation, beyond the usual incremental improvements. SI usually hold their cards close to their collective vest on this sort of thing.

If you can find it for less than 20 bucks and you have a serious jones to play, I say get it. You'll get at least two months out of it. Maybe even longer if you enjoy it, then you can wait until the Steam holiday sale to pick up 16. Often by then SI will have patched up any true game-breaking bugs.

Manager animations also are in so expect to see an FM version of yourself in the 3D match engine waving his arms around like a lunatic :D From what I've seen of the animations, most will probably look pretty good

it improves every year

I disagree. I think FM15 is a step back compared to FM14. I still enjoy playing FM14 and i can't into FM15 at all due to the match engine, not sure if the issues are fixed now but players seemed really slow when on the ball especially wingers.

Manager animations also are in so expect to see an FM version of yourself in the 3D match engine waving his arms around like a lunatic :D From what I've seen of the animations, most will probably look pretty good

I've been DYING for this for ages....Oh yeah and to be able to lay into the 4th official when calls go against me.

Is that confirmed? I totally missed that one. TBH I'll probably get about three chuckles out of it and then it fades into the background, but incremental improvements and that.

They never finish fixing bugs in the current version and since they are now working on 16, buying 15 would get you an imperfect product with no chance of fixes.

15: You get bugs.

16: You get new stuff and bugs.

If they where good enough coders that older version became ultra polished products, it might be interesting to go old, but since they never finish fixing up the old version before moving on to the next, that makes annoying to go old.

Is that confirmed? I totally missed that one. TBH I'll probably get about three chuckles out of it and then it fades into the background, but incremental improvements and that.

Yes, its confirmed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/exclusive-football-manager-unveils-new-5434869 is a link to an article about it with a video showing a littlle of it

I've been DYING for this for ages....Oh yeah and to be able to lay into the 4th official when calls go against me.

I would suggest to the developers that you, as the manager, can "say" things to the referee/4th official the same way you give touchline team talks during the match. Maybe you feel you should have had a penalty and want to put that to the referee/4th official. You might do so in a calm way or a more aggressive way with potential pros and cons. And of course, if you're say 1 goal up with time running out, select that option to tap your watch Fergie style and urge the referee to blow that whistle. I'm sure there's a ton of possibilities with this and quite complex in how it's done, but I'm positive it CAN be done.

Archived