Selling players

Hope this is the correct forum for my question.

I am struggling to sell my players for a good price - I am not talking about my U-21 players, or players not in the first team. I am talking about my good players.

Here are some examples - after first season with Arsenal - had a great spell and want to get some new players in - so I have to sell some of the first team players.

Vermaelen - Value 18 mio. £ - get bids at 12-14 mio. £

Cazorla - Value 25 mio. £ - get bid at 18-19 mio. £

I could go on - I have tried (for fun) with a lot of my players, but no clubs come with a bid at the players value - every bid is below value.

Just wondering if I am the only one? Or do anybody have a trick or two?

Well done even getting bids in the first place because I have managed to sell 0 amount of transfer listed players in any of my FM14 saves. The only players i have managed to sell are those not listed.

I know there will be some that claim they find it to be fine, but imo SI seem to struggle finding the proper balance between selling players and not being able to sell players and it's pretty much been the case for years (barring one or two minor glitches/bugs). In my current game the likes of Torres and other semi-top players have been sitting on the transfer list since the 1st season. As much as Torres has went downhill irl, I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be any takers whatsoever. The problem may stem from the actual contracts. Contracts + age seems to be what hinders the AI's ability to negotiate.

Then there's the fact you've transfer listed them and want full value. Even the AI asks for less if the club has placed them on the list.

Then there's the fact you've transfer listed them and want full value. Even the AI asks for less if the club has placed them on the list.

Often - when clubs transfer list there better players it is due new challenge, contract problems etc. - in these cases they ask for more than the asking price...

If i do not transfer list the player - just offer them to club already interested - they also bid below value. I know you would argue, that I do not want them - the price will go down... But in these cases - the club offered the player already wanted the player... And in my book, they would like to bid something near asking price.

@Mars_B - I have 5 background leagues... So this should not be the problem.

Well done even getting bids in the first place because I have managed to sell 0 amount of transfer listed players in any of my FM14 saves. The only players i have managed to sell are those not listed.

I know there will be some that claim they find it to be fine, but imo SI seem to struggle finding the proper balance between selling players and not being able to sell players and it's pretty much been the case for years (barring one or two minor glitches/bugs). In my current game the likes of Torres and other semi-top players have been sitting on the transfer list since the 1st season. As much as Torres has went downhill irl, I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be any takers whatsoever. The problem may stem from the actual contracts. Contracts + age seems to be what hinders the AI's ability to negotiate.

The transfer market is reasonably fine if you make the effort to balance your gameworld when you create your save.

I've never had a problem having an active transfer market on any version of FM and I have very few problems selling players (albeit you'll always get a few who are overpaid compared to their rep that you struggle to move).

The problem a lot of users experience is of their own making IMO. They load lots & lots of players into the database but then have only a small number of playable leagues. This leads to the market being flooded and far too many players in the gameworld compared to active teams. The knockon effect is that there are lots of unemployed players who you can pick up for nothing but the flipside is there is no-one to sell to.

SI can only do so much, users have to take some responsibility themselves for these sort of issues.

Hope this is the correct forum for my question.

I am struggling to sell my players for a good price - I am not talking about my U-21 players, or players not in the first team. I am talking about my good players.

Here are some examples - after first season with Arsenal - had a great spell and want to get some new players in - so I have to sell some of the first team players.

Vermaelen - Value 18 mio. £ - get bids at 12-14 mio. £

Cazorla - Value 25 mio. £ - get bid at 18-19 mio. £

I could go on - I have tried (for fun) with a lot of my players, but no clubs come with a bid at the players value - every bid is below value.

Just wondering if I am the only one? Or do anybody have a trick or two?

What I do:

Following on from my post above first off make sure you have a balanced gameworld. Next for those players you are looking to sell set an asking price, approx double what you want to receive (Looking for £25m ask for £50m etc).

Playing the player raises their profile and means other clubs see them generating interest. Once you have interested clubs you can try transfer listing them and then offering them out but once you do this you show your hand that you want to sell. You can also use the media to suggest you might be willing to sell at the right price. Once the offers come in its a case of taking what you can get, sometimes you'll get good offers, other times you might get low balled a bit.

:D at people still defending this. There's been several threads of people complaining of the same thing, it's obvious there's a problem. The values I've had to sell good players for have been a joke.

People say it's because of a large database and few leagues, but it's never been like this on any previous FM.

PS I have a large database and 13 leagues from 6 nations running

What I do:

Following on from my post above first off make sure you have a balanced gameworld. Next for those players you are looking to sell set an asking price, approx double what you want to receive (Looking for £25m ask for £50m etc).

Playing the player raises their profile and means other clubs see them generating interest. Once you have interested clubs you can try transfer listing them and then offering them out but once you do this you show your hand that you want to sell. You can also use the media to suggest you might be willing to sell at the right price. Once the offers come in its a case of taking what you can get, sometimes you'll get good offers, other times you might get low balled a bit.

Thanks for that comment.

Sometimes I also wait for the clubs to come and bid... But they are so slow :)

A lot of the things you are mentioning I am using... It's just the last piece to get the clubs to come and bid. I have players where Real Madrid had monitored the player for 3-4 month - and no bid. And if i put the player for sale - they did not even bid. A bit strange in my book :rolleyes:

I haven't had many issues selling players who are in the first team but rarely get bids for listed players who aren't regulars. Not a complaint,more of an observation. I have also had offers of almost double a player's value so I guess it's swings and round abouts really.

:D at people still defending this. There's been several threads of people complaining of the same thing, it's obvious there's a problem. The values I've had to sell good players for have been a joke.

People say it's because of a large database and few leagues, but it's never been like this on any previous FM.

So if you have 13 leagues from 6 nations running - that means that 7 of those leagues are lower leagues - so none of the teams in them will buy high value players (like Cazorla in the OP)

So this leaves you with 120 top division clubs (approx) - of which at least half (and probably more like 75%) can't afford that kind of money for one player.

So that leaves perhaps 30 clubs. Of those - how many NEED a specific player who plays in Cazorla's position - again - maybe 4 or 5 if that?

So you only have 5 clubs who MIGHT even consider making a bid for him.

Now consider that against your large database (say 40000 players). How many other top class AMCs are there that can also be bought instead of Cazorla? Quite a few for sure - so realistically, if you get one bid anywhere close to his 'value' then you have done well.

So - no it is NOT unrealistic - it's always been far too easy to sell players for ridiculous amounts in previous games.

The transfer market is reasonably fine if you make the effort to balance your gameworld when you create your save.

I've never had a problem having an active transfer market on any version of FM and I have very few problems selling players (albeit you'll always get a few who are overpaid compared to their rep that you struggle to move).

The problem a lot of users experience is of their own making IMO. They load lots & lots of players into the database but then have only a small number of playable leagues. This leads to the market being flooded and far too many players in the gameworld compared to active teams. The knockon effect is that there are lots of unemployed players who you can pick up for nothing but the flipside is there is no-one to sell to.

SI can only do so much, users have to take some responsibility themselves for these sort of issues.

Considering I have the following leagues all loaded (and playable):

Dutch

German

Italian

Spanish

English

Brazilian

Argentinian

French

Belgium

Scottish

Portuguese

Russian

Swedish

I don't think not having enough leagues is the real problem. I'm not saying you're talking bollocks because it makes sense what you're saying, but I think there's other issues at play too. For example, the AI seem to buy less and less players as the game progresses and as a result the the transfer market becomes almost stagnant.

So if you have 13 leagues from 6 nations running - that means that 7 of those leagues are lower leagues - so none of the teams in them will buy high value players (like Cazorla in the OP)

So this leaves you with 120 top division clubs (approx) - of which at least half (and probably more like 75%) can't afford that kind of money for one player.

So that leaves perhaps 30 clubs. Of those - how many NEED a specific player who plays in Cazorla's position - again - maybe 4 or 5 if that?

So you only have 5 clubs who MIGHT even consider making a bid for him.

Now consider that against your large database (say 40000 players). How many other top class AMCs are there that can also be bought instead of Cazorla? Quite a few for sure - so realistically, if you get one bid anywhere close to his 'value' then you have done well.

So - no it is NOT unrealistic - it's always been far too easy to sell players for ridiculous amounts in previous games.

Why can't clubs from unselected leagues bid?

And IT IS EXTREMELY unrealistic when I'm having to sell players who are valued at £5m+ who have just come off the back of a good season, for between £100-500k.

Considering I have the following leagues all loaded (and playable):

Dutch

German

Italian

Spanish

English

Brazilian

Argentinian

French

Belgium

Scottish

Portuguese

Russian

Swedish

I don't think not having enough leagues is the real problem. I'm not saying you're talking bollocks because it makes sense what you're saying, but I think there's other issues at play too. For example, the AI seem to buy less and less players as the game progresses and as a result the the transfer market becomes almost stagnant.

Thats 13 countries, how many leagues in each country?

Lets say you have two per country on average this gives you 26 playable leagues with say an average of 20 clubs per league = 520 clubs. Each club has say a first team squad of 25 players thats 13,000 players needed to fill all the clubs first team. With youth teams, some unemployed players and players in non-playable leagues (Teams don't run full squads) I would say around 40,000 players would be needed for a balanced gameworld.

Off the top of my head I think something like a medium database would be appropriate, maybe even small with some additional players loaded.

And IT IS EXTREMELY unrealistic when I'm having to sell players who are valued at £5m+ who have just come off the back of a good season, for between £100-500k.

They can - but because they don't actually 'play' any matches, then they have no requirement to have a 'full' squad / rotate players / plan as much for the future. So GENERALLY they won't buy / sell as many players as those clubs in playable leagues.

I agree it is unrealistic that a £5m rated player goes for £100-500k - but you have to ask WHY that price is the most you are being offered? Answer: Supply and demand.

Why are you trying to sell that player? The usual answer is that you don't want him / he isn't good enough to play for you. In which case - why would anyone else want him (especially for a high fee) if he isn't good enough for you?

And if they DO want him (generally if they are a lower level club than you) then can they actually afford him? (either to pay a decent initial fee or to pay his wages or his agent's fees etc)

And again - are there any other alternatives in the world they could buy instead? If so (and more than likely there are) - would they need to pay loads for them?

Thats 13 countries, how many leagues in each country?

Lets say you have two per country on average this gives you 26 playable leagues with say an average of 20 clubs per league = 520 clubs. Each club has say a first team squad of 25 players thats 13,000 players needed to fill all the clubs first team. With youth teams, some unemployed players and players in non-playable leagues (Teams don't run full squads) I would say around 40,000 players would be needed for a balanced gameworld.

Off the top of my head I think something like a medium database would be appropriate, maybe even small with some additional players loaded.

All the main leagues in all the countries.

I get what you're saying, however, I fail to see how it's the fault of the player rather than the way it's been implemented in the game. That part of your argument sounds ridiculous. Clubs regardless of the league playable status should be more active than they are.

and you wonder why you are having issues :rolleyes:

In fact I'm sure I've explained it to you several weeks ago in another thread.

Clubs in non-playable leagues do bid but they don't run full squads, they might only have 10-12 players in their first team.

Its been explained why you can't sell your players and no amount of complaining on the forum will fix the issue given it is mostly of your own creation.

Baptista, it's not SI's fault, IT'S YOURS!!!

The transfer system in FM has always sucked no matter how people dress it up. Whether you're playing with 3 leagues or 13 leagues non selcetable clubs should still be more active than they are. But again, that's nowt to do with SI, it's us that have created the problem.

:rolleyes:

All the main leagues in all the countries.

I get what you're saying, however, I fail to see how it's the fault of the player rather than the way it's been implemented in the game. That part of your argument sounds ridiculous.

Its the fault of the player because they are the ones selecting the leagues and size of database.

It isn't rocket science, SI have a recommendation option when starting the save, its hardly their fault when a user overrides this and makes changes without any thought as to how it affects the game.

Sarcastic replies like your post #14 do you no favours either. If you want to learn how to improve the situation so you enjoy your saves more take on board the advice otherwise I'll just ignore you and go back to enjoying my save!

I removed my sarcastic comment from post 14 as it was needless, so i do apologise on that front.

As for the recommended set up, it's not worth the space allocated to it and I assume it's more a performance feature rather than helping transfer realism etc. If i was to opt for the recommended set-up I'd have the top 2 English divisions, the SPL and maybe the Spanish league. With all those leagues I mentioned above, I still have 5 stars in both categories and the game runs smoothly.

As for the recommended set up, it's not worth the space allocated to it and I assume it's more a performance feature rather than helping transfer realism etc. If i was to opt for the recommended set-up I'd have the top 2 English divisions, the SPL and maybe the Spanish league. With all those leagues I mentioned above, I still have 5 stars in both categories and the game runs smoothly.

I think you have a point there.

It is I suspect a performance feature with it having an indirect affect on the transfer market. More could be done perhaps in this area to suggest database size based on how many leagues you have selected, maybe something as simple as a tool tip when you hover over it saying for 1-20? leagues we suggest a small database, 21-40? a medium database and over 40? a large database (Numbers just plucked from the air btw, not based on experience).

The transfer market is reasonably fine if you make the effort to balance your gameworld when you create your save..

I think this is true.

I have complained about the unrealistic transfer market since about 2010.. I would have no bids for players for 10 seasons + and most players just stay at the same club for life.

Good players completely ignored by AI managers, where they wont take them for free while their average players they expect record breaking transfers for them..

But I have gone back to FM07, FM08 and now the problem now exist there too.. so it has to be how I set up my saves now compared to back then. I'm doing something different because I dont remember this problem in 07, 08.

I'm obviously setting up my save wrong, I'm guessing loading too many players may cause this, where back then I may just have ran more basic. Its the only conclusion I can come up with.

The game is designed to run with the basics and overdoing it can break the balance.. unless theres another explanation.

Its not the fault of the player though, its bad balance, SI expecting the same thing equation that works with 10,000 players will work with 250,000 when it seems it still acts as if theirs only 10,000 players.

The fact that you're offering them out tells clubs you don't want them anymore, so why should they bid the full value.

Then whats the point of setting a value to offer out if the AI is just gonna ignore it and offer half (even if you don't Transfer list and set to not needed?).

Also in previous FM's i've been able to set the value above the player's value and get the bid's i wanted. Quick example i usually sell Nani in the first season, in FM13 i was easily able to get at least 5m more then his actual value even when offered out and transfer listed/not needed. On FM14 when I started up I offered him out at his value and Real Madrid came back with a 6m offer (I think he was valued at 12-13m).

In fact in FM14 i've only had one player go for more then his value as usually all i get is half value offer (even if i've not offered him out) the most recent being an 8m bid for a important first team Januzaj valued at 16m.

Hopefully the patch sorts it out a bit as at the moment i've just zero incentive to accept offers.

I'm running with all nations and all leagues playable + small database.

Still can't sell Pedro for his value, even without listing him they offer 1/3 the listed value. Sold him for 35M Euro and he was at 40M Euro.

Most of my team is wanted though, but those silly 1/3 price bids is an insult. I'm thinking of making a rule to terminate the manager of the club with the editor every time they bother me.

Even worse when I try to buy a player, I get a price of 500M for a 50M player, completely nuts.

The highest ive had is for my 4.5 star 24 year old midfielder. He is valued at 38m and Barca,Dortmund and Bayern have offered me 15m upfront and 53m over 3 yrs....no way i`m selling for anything less than 80m upfront....best in his position by far.

think when some people disagree they will bang on the drum, maybe on different sections, but still same drum until you give in and fully agree.

It is always gonna be difficult to sell a player for more or even its valuation once listed, a team is only ever gonna pay what they believe they should.

Problem I have is getting bids under value when not even listed.... ive sometimes decided to list player an then got offered less than original bid.

Then there's the issue of the same clubs repeatedly making the same derisory offer over and over again for the same player. For example, Juve have approached me 7 times over a period of a month with same offer when I have repeatedly chose the option to say I want more. The player isn't even transfer listed nor is he pushing for the transfer. In fact, I have now set him to indispensable, yet the same £525k bid for my £2.5m youngster keeps coming in.

I've also set his value at £20m to see if that would stop the offers, but they still come in with their co-ownership £525k bid. Now, if I attempt the same thing with them (offering them substantially less than the player value), they either flat out refuse or up the asking price to £11.5m for their £3m hot prospect. My point is, it gets really irritating.

The transfer market needs re looking at IMO.

There are several issues as far as I see it:

1 - The lack of bids for good players I want to keep

2 - The low bids for players I offer out

3 - The lack of negotiation from the AI.

I won't talk about 1 much as I think it speaks for itself - just my experience of course.

The second point is - I think there is a difference in transfer listing a player and offering a player out. Transfer listing a player is stating I don't want this player at all, so I would expect bids below value here. In offering out, to me I am saying "I don't really want to sell this player, but if you offer x above the value, I will sell", which should attract bids if the player is good enough. However in both instances, any bids received are always below value, even if I offer someone out without listing him

The third point is that say I do get a bid, which I feel is slightly too low. I ask for a slightly higher bid and the AI always backs out from negotiations. No counter offer or saying that is our final bid, nothing except a withdrawl of the bid.

All of these points are unrealstic, as when the ball is on the other foot, the AI will not accept bids that are rediculously too high - for example £15-£20m for a 16 year that has now reputation, never played and games and is largely unknown to people.

I'm currently suffering from stupid bids. Szczesny didn't exactly have a fantastic season for me in the first season, but given that he's got a lot of potential and a touted value of £10m, I find it ridiculous that Napoli have made three bids of 6.5, 7.5 and 8.25m for him. He is indispensable, doesn't want to leave the club and I've made no indication that I'm willing to listen to any kind of offer. Playing with a large database and all major European leagues loaded to at least their second division.

I'm currently suffering from stupid bids. Szczesny didn't exactly have a fantastic season for me in the first season, but given that he's got a lot of potential and a touted value of £10m, I find it ridiculous that Napoli have made three bids of 6.5, 7.5 and 8.25m for him. He is indispensable, doesn't want to leave the club and I've made no indication that I'm willing to listen to any kind of offer. Playing with a large database and all major European leagues loaded to at least their second division.

So why have you left his value at £10m.

Your AM will have even told you to increase his asking price to reduce the risk of teams bidding.

co-ownership might be set to a standard percentage of value, either that or a standard price going by rep... just a guess tho

Still, though, the amount of bids are ridiculous. If i wanted an AI player on a co-ownership deal I have to pay the going value or more. It happens with other players that don't involve co-ownership deals too. I'm not even complaining about the amount, it's the frequency of the exact same bids over and over again.

So why have you left his value at £10m.

Your AM will have even told you to increase his asking price to reduce the risk of teams bidding.

I'm pretty sure it's broken, I've changed it for players in the past and it makes no difference to the level of bids received. And the fact is, his market value is £10m.

I'm pretty sure it's broken, I've changed it for players in the past and it makes no difference to the level of bids received. And the fact is, his market value is £10m.

I'm 100% sure it isn't and never has been!

Asking price > increase to around double the level you would accept and you won't be troubled by low bids.

I'm 100% sure it isn't and never has been!

Asking price > increase to around double the level you would accept and you won't be troubled by low bids.

But surely that is the issue?

If a player has a value of £10m and you are not giving any indication you want to sell him, chances are you don't.

If you don't want to sell, you would never sell below value, so why would you accept anything below his value? You wouldn't, so why bid? I don't see why you should increase your asking price - the asking price by default is nothing less than value. I can accept the odd team here or there trying it on, but you never get anything above value.

Even if you accept that is the way it works, then why can't it work with the user buying players from the AI in the same way?

...to add an addendum to my last post - if someone bids £8.5m for a player worth £10m and you did want to sell, you should be able to ask for £11.5m and you both end up agreeing on £10m (his value). The issue is that if you countered with £11.5m, the AI just withdraws any bid.

Exactly Flukey, if the market dictates that a player is worth £10m, that suggests it should be the lowest bid a club should consider to persuade a club to sell. As it is, I'd sell him for the right price, but I'm not willing to show my hand and give an opponent any idea of what kind of bid I'd accept. I don't want to put teams off entirely by putting a huge tag of say £100m on him, but equally if I just increase it to £15m I still get bids made for around £8m at the most.

But surely that is the issue?

If a player has a value of £10m and you are not giving any indication you want to sell him, chances are you don't.

So?

Are you saying teams shouldn't bid on players unless they are for sale?

Thats not the way RL works I'm afraid and would annoy most FM players I suspect if they couldn't bid on players.

If you don't want to sell, you would never sell below value, so why would you accept anything below his value? You wouldn't, so why bid? I don't see why you should increase your asking price - the asking price by default is nothing less than value. I can accept the odd team here or there trying it on, but you never get anything above value.

Even if you accept that is the way it works, then why can't it work with the user buying players from the AI in the same way?

Basic buying and selling rules IRL are start your bidding low when you are buying and start high with your price when selling. I can understand some users have maybe not bought things like houses/cars/antiques before but surely you've been to a market or auction or something and have a basic understanding of how this works.

If you have no asking price set it defaults to value and no one in their right mind makes a starting offer of the asking price, it just doesn't happen.

You really can't complain about AI teams making starting bids below the value if you don't set higher asking prices.

...to add an addendum to my last post - if someone bids £8.5m for a player worth £10m and you did want to sell, you should be able to ask for £11.5m and you both end up agreeing on £10m (his value). The issue is that if you countered with £11.5m, the AI just withdraws any bid.

You can it doesn't mean the other person in the negotiation has to accept your offer.

They bid £8.5m, you counter with £11.5m, they can either counter again or walk away if they feel they don't want to pay that much.

I really don't understand how so many users struggle in this area :(

Exactly Flukey, if the market dictates that a player is worth £10m, that suggests it should be the lowest bid a club should consider to persuade a club to sell. As it is, I'd sell him for the right price, but I'm not willing to show my hand and give an opponent any idea of what kind of bid I'd accept. I don't want to put teams off entirely by putting a huge tag of say £100m on him, but equally if I just increase it to £15m I still get bids made for around £8m at the most.

What market?

A player's value is nothing more than an approx value of the contract he has remaining. It is in no way a value to be used in that way or an estimation of what the player is worth.

What market?

A player's value is nothing more than an approx value of the contract he has remaining. It is in no way a value to be used in that way or an estimation of what the player is worth.

How on earth do you work that out? Player values can increase considerably as a result of form, so it is demonstrably not just based on the value of the contract remaining. I'm aware that contract status plays a role in player value but ultimately the system is clearly wrong, or at the very least misleading, if clubs can't be bothered to offer a reasonable sum of money.

Edit: Also in response to the other post, asking price shouldn't just default to the value. If you haven't set an asking price, you haven't set one.

How on earth do you work that out? Player values can increase considerably as a result of form, so it is demonstrably not just based on the value of the contract remaining. I'm aware that contract status plays a role in player value but ultimately the system is clearly wrong, or at the very least misleading, if clubs can't be bothered to offer a reasonable sum of money.

If you keep refusing and they actually want to pay for the guy, they should slowly over 8+ bids creep up over the current market value of the player, but it's a painfully slow process and highly annoying when all of the world is trying to buy every single one of your players and you have to reject a million offers every transfer window.

I tested this as Real Madrid; couldn't sell Ronaldo for £0, Bale for £10m, or Lamela (after I'd sold him to them for £50m) for £10m.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

How many teams can afford ROnaldo / Bale / Lamela's wages though?

How many teams can afford ROnaldo / Bale / Lamela's wages though?

I think IRL if Ronaldo was available for free there would be at least 10 clubs going for him. It wouldn't matter how big their squads are, PSG, United, Monaco etc would be straight in for him and you know it! I think your argument is ridiculous.

I think IRL if Ronaldo was available for free there would be at least 10 clubs going for him. It wouldn't matter how big their squads are, PSG, United, Monaco etc would be straight in for him and you know it! I think your argument is ridiculous.

This ignores the fact that the player may not want to leave, and if he isn't interested the AI will likely not put a bid in. Same way as a human manager wouldn't. Besides, if you are putting unreasonable inputs into a calculation, you will get unreasonable outputs.

Personally, I have no seen a problem with selling players. I have always managed to move players on, although I tend only tend to sell playes who I really have no use for, and therefore will accept bids at or around the current value. I still receive bids from teams on my other players, usually starting with a low bid that I either reject outright (if the player is really not for sale) or counter with an equally over the top high price. If they are interested, you bargain over the course of a couple of weeks and either reach a good value or not. It is the same as how I handle transfers; I start low because unless I really want a player I will try to pay as little as is physically possible.

Given that I, and many others, do not experience problems, this would suggest that there is something other than an internal bug that is causing some users issues. A systematic study would be needed to see why; say by having a fixed number of leagues and increasing the database incrementally and monitoring transfer behaviour.

You just need to do a long term save to see AI controlled clubs buy less and less players. In fact, move the game on 20 or so seasons and some clubs, in playable leagues, are struggling to put full teams out. No study required, no bug involved, just not enough transfer activity across the board.

The very top clubs simply don't buy half decent players, they buy on CA and PA alone. Good in the beginning, spoils things in the long term when there's less world beaters around. The AI just goes without and in turn this has an impact on the game. It's why things become ridiculously easy after awhile. This isn't just a FM14 issue, it's happened since CM.

I still think it comes down to 3 issues:

1 - The lack of bids for good players I want to keep

2 - The low bids for players I offer out

3 - The lack of negotiation from the AI.

This is the first time I have had the issue in any of the FM series.

I can accept that it is more realistic that clubs would want to start off low, but there is simply no negotiation with the AI. Also, if the AI starts of low, why can't I? If I acted like the AI acts to me, I would never buy or sell any players.

I am not getting the bids for any players unless I offer them out (and even then at a lower value than they are quoted as) and any player I want to buy, even if he is not wanted by the club, it is only accepted if it is way more than the market value shown, some times 2 or 3 times the value.

It needs looking into.

What market?

That's fine, but then surely it works both ways? ie: ignore the fact that he is "valued" at £10m and be able to sell him for £20m - £30m?

His value is what someone is willing to pay for him. The lack of interest from the AI seems to be the key, as it leads to all bids being lower than I would expect (with less competition).

Archived