hqdefault.jpg

Date of Birth: 30 August 1996

Height: 5ft 7

Playing Position: Striker

Current Club: Santos

Value: £850K

Sale Value: £2.5M

Club Career

Gabigol joined Santos FC's youth setup in 2004, aged 8. On 25 September 2012, he signed a professional contract, with a €50 million buyout clause. On 17 January, he made his first team debut, in a friendly match against Grêmio Barueri. On 26 May 2013, Gabigol made his league debut, at only 16 years, in a 0-0 draw against Flamengo

In Football Manager 2014

Start of the 2013/14 season (14.1.3)

9r0uhf.png

Aged 20 on Fubz Shakhtar save

15s3jmu.png

Cheers for the SS Fubz

Well since Mitrovic has a thread though I do one for Barbosa just because he performs better for me! I picked Gabigol (can only assume he has that nickname because he has the same first name as Batistuta (Batigol)) up for Shakhtar for £2.5M, I didn't get a chance to register him for european competition , but in the league he has been lethal, averaging a goal a game for me with one assist thrown in for good measure. You'll be forgiven for assuming I'm playing him as a poacher, I'm not however, I'm playing him as a defensive forward and training him as a complete forward as its pretty obvious that he'll excel in that role when he improves. If you haven't heard of him before what planet are you on? I'd advise if you don't have him, go and get him now! You won't regret it.

2675d0e2259b40459319dd0ad3867eaa.png

His stats for my Shakhtar side

• 3 weeks later...
How does all that stuff function regarding his agent owning 40% of him? Can I buy him off from his agent completely? I would like to buy him and to buy him off from his agent completely if I can.

Once you purchase him from his club, his agent will contact you about purchasing the remaining %. In some leagues you have to own 100% to be able to play the player i.e. England, Italy etc. in some leagues you don't i.e. Spain, South America etc.

Once you purchase him from his club, his agent will contact you about purchasing the remaining %. In some leagues you have to own 100% to be able to play the player i.e. England, Italy etc. in some leagues you don't i.e. Spain, South America etc.

Thank you. I'm in the second season and Real Madrid bought him in the second season. I've made an offer and they've accepted it, but he doesn't wants to join me as he has just joined Real Madrid and then I saw that 40%, so I was wondering how it functions.

He's great. Has scored 30+ goals in both of his last 2 seasons for me as a complete foward on support.

fGuEQNx.jpg?1

He looks fantastic, nice development. Can you tell me how did you train him? I assume you set him to train as Complete Forward.....

I'm having him come in at the end of the Summer window before the second season for my Barca team. I plan on retraining him as AMR. I want to have the option to use him as either Inside Forward (AMR) or False9 (STC).

• 1 month later...

Barcelona signed him on my save but I signed him in my third season for 4.5 million. On his debut against CSKA Moscow, he scored a hat trick in the first 12 minutes! Of course, like with all other new signings on their debut, he then pulled his hamstring and is out for a month! That bug really needs to be fixed!

I've never had trouble with injuries on debuts. Not had any and I've signed over 20 players in my Corinthians save.

You are joking? The last 5 signings I've made, they've got injured on their debuts. I just started a new season and fielded 3 new signings, only 1 of them managed to complete the game and he still had the green injury icon during the game. I had run out of subs after a tactical change and the other 2 being injured, but it only turned out after the game that this players "thigh injury" that he "should be able to continue with" turned out to be a pulled hamstring! It's absolutely pathetic! Before anyone says, it's not the training or the stats of the players I'm signing because all my players would get injured otherwise. My save just enjoys me struggling to wheel and deal to secure a big signing, and then lets this big signing be injured for months on his debut!

Just managed to nab him on a free at the start of the 2019/20 season. He has been on my shortlist for a year and I know he had a couple of long goal droughts at Leverkusen due to my news feed telling me so. Attribute wise though he looks fantastic and didn't think I could go too far wrong on a Bosman. Will have to pop back and say how he has done after a couple of seasons.

• 1 month later...

Nearly had him for 2 seasons now so thought I would report back. As a lone striker I have tried him in plenty of roles but found he is rather hit and miss. There will be games where he is fantastic and others where he can't hit a barn door or just simply seems to go missing. This may be due to his age though as I think is is harder for a striker to play up top on his own.

With a partner up front though he is lethal. I can rely on him to find the net more often than not and he is a key player to my team. I have so far turned down bids from Real Madrid and Man City so he is certainly seen by the AI as hot property. I am now in 2021 and he is still only 24 so I am very excited about the next few years in particular and hope to keep him.

His development with me over the last 18 months has been impressive. He has scored 48 goals having made 59 starts and 23 sub appearances. If you have the time and patience and can find a role to suit him then he is well worth signing.

Nearly had him for 2 seasons now so thought I would report back. As a lone striker I have tried him in plenty of roles but found he is rather hit and miss. There will be games where he is fantastic and others where he can't hit a barn door or just simply seems to go missing. This may be due to his age though as I think is is harder for a striker to play up top on his own.

With a partner up front though he is lethal. I can rely on him to find the net more often than not and he is a key player to my team. I have so far turned down bids from Real Madrid and Man City so he is certainly seen by the AI as hot property. I am now in 2021 and he is still only 24 so I am very excited about the next few years in particular and hope to keep him.

His development with me over the last 18 months has been impressive. He has scored 48 goals having made 59 starts and 23 sub appearances. If you have the time and patience and can find a role to suit him then he is well worth signing.

Sounds like his issue in your game is his consistency. It will improve as he plays more games as it's a hidden stat that is dynamic.

Sounds like his issue in your game is his consistency. It will improve as he plays more games as it's a hidden stat that is dynamic.

This is what I have been thinking. His consistency has improved a lot since he joined me so it must have gone up already. I know he can still improve but I'm excited about seeing how good he can become over the next few seasons.

Archived