[FM12] Lifelike Cypriot League Structure

Reiver

200px-Cyprus_Football_Association.svg.png

Cypriot football has had a lot of attention these last decade, with teams appearing more and more often in later stages of European competitions - and here it is, possible for the very first time, the league structure of Cyprus, as is in real life:

• Marfin Laiki League
    Fourteen teams playing eachother twice. Bottom two get relegated, then the next four qualify for a relegation group, of which the bottom placed will also get relegated, a middle group for final placements, and a top group to decide who's the champion and who goes to the European Competitions. Points are carried over from the first stage to the groups.
  • Cypriot Second Division
    Fourteen teams playing eachother twice. Bottom three get relegated, then the top four proceed to a group stage to decide who's the champion, and from which the top three will promote.
  • Cypriot Coca Cola Cup
    The FA Cup. Teams from the top two tiers. In the first year, the finalists of last years cup and the winners of the fair play award on both tiers get a bye to the second round. From the second year onwards as that is not possible with the editor, all semi finalists will get a abye to the second round (as the cup worked up until a couple of years ago)
  • LTV Super Cup.
    A standard Supercup.

Discipline, squad rules and prize money are estimated, but shouldn't differ greatly from reality.

To download the file, go here: http://thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?p=3365621 and for more information and help with the advance panel here: http://fmupdates.com/fluxbb/index.php

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi man, I am testing your edit. Why don't you merge with Hershie's. I am occusianally helping him and I am sure the edit can be outstanding.

I second this. With default data, the finances are unrealistically low, yet Hershie has taken a lot of time to perfect finances...whilst you have perfected the league structure.

Merging would be perfect.

Credit to both of you :thup:

I second this. With default data, the finances are unrealistically low, yet Hershie has taken a lot of time to perfect finances...whilst you have perfected the league structure.

Merging would be perfect.

Credit to both of you :thup:

That would be the best scenario, I agree.

Overall the save runs perfectly (2014) and things have developed realistically apart from finances:

Screenshot2011-11-05at125024.png

By finances I mean 'award money'.

The club finances should grow, like they have been doing in real life, but the finances of Paralimni/Alki are way too high whilst the bottom clubs are too low. I'd give slightly less award money maybe spread it out better. Award money is one of the main sources of income.

What is your league award money plan at the moment?

Firstly, good work on the file. Just completed my first season as Apoel. Won the league on the last game of the season, with an ironic big thanks to Omonoia who beat Apollon meaning we won the league by 2 points. My main comments also relate to the finances. We we awarded £15million for winning the league, which is clearly way too much. Aside from the finances everything seems perfect.

Also, does anyone know why Pardo has a year ban at the start of the game? Its clearly wrong as he played in the league against Anorthosi last week in real life (I was there). As an aside I was also at the GSP for the massive win against Porto. Best match I've been too in a long time. The atmosphere was incredible. Bring on the last 16!

What will it take for SI to finally include the Marfin Laiki League officially in the game? Maybe if Apoel win the Champions League we might see it?

What will it take for SI to finally include the Marfin Laiki League officially in the game? Maybe if Apoel win the Champions League we might see it?

I believe that SI have stated that with the nation rules panel in existence they don't need to be able to add any more playable leagues.

I'm sorry, that has been an unfortunate typo. Prize money should have been 1.5M, not 15M. Will change and pst a new version tomorrow. Also, what kind of awards are there in Cyprus?

Bit cheeky to ask perhaps, but if you are making a new version, is it possible to remove the newly created clubs Cetinkaya Turk and Trast AC, which as far as I can tell, are only there for the purpose of making the history correct.

The reason is, FM is very good at telling apart newly created teams when multiple databases are loaded.

For example, I can't run with a Liechtenstein Cup I created, as Cetinkaya Turk are appearing instead of one of the Liechtenstin teams. While I can change your file relatively easily for my own purposes, this is likely to be an issue for others wanting to run your database with different databases- it seems to me just having correct histories isn't a good enough reason to risk having such conflicts.

I'd be happy to merge :thup: very intrigued as to how you managed to get the advanced panels and everything to work if you have that spot on.

would you mind if I try to adapt them into my own and rebuild mine around advanced panels? I've got a basic structure going, but I've struggled with getting that respect right over the past few years.

Hi man, I am testing your edit. Why don't you merge with Hershie's. I am occusianally helping him and I am sure the edit can be outstanding.

:thup:

he has helped me a lot with trying to make the data as realistic as possible. the only thing I have lacked is the league structure. If I can combine that then it'll be pretty much perfect imo.

edit: I've given it a go trying to merge my data and your structure and it seems to be going okay so far. Of course I have no plans to release it without your permission, but hopefully like me and many others your aim is to just get the most accurate and realistic Cypriot league possible for FM.

Reiver please PM me if you wish to discuss this :)

Here's hoping all outstanding issues can be settled so merging the files can be quickly done :thup:

Kudos to both of you for your work and for agreeing to combine it for the good of the community :thup:

Here's hoping all outstanding issues can be settled so merging the files can be quickly done :thup:

Kudos to both of you for your work and for agreeing to combine it for the good of the community :thup:

I'm swamped with university work right now, but hopefully this weekend I can get back to merging the data and expanding on Reiver's excellent work :)

there are a few outstanding issues with regards to editor limitations of implementing real rules, but I'm hoping to find a suitable and realistic compromise. The main issue is that in the lower leagues there are restrictions on squad registration that solely apply to players on professional deals, while the game does not allow me (to my knowledge) to implement any way of differentiating. at the very least the rules on youth players and foreigners will be put in though :thup:

big thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place again, who has been helping me out with translating some of the official documents from the Cypriot Football Association website.

me and Reiver have also agreed that there will be two separate releases of the final build - one maintaining his original vision of just the top two tiers (for the more casual gamer) and one going down as far as the D division as my original had, which could later be expanded upon with lower leagues. both will hopefully be the most realistic Cyprus release to date.

that's what most of the time consuming stuff is. basically all the club data changes, added clubs, competition data etc from my file has been added to a file with his structure. I then need to add the new competitions below his, copy the financial details over, re-add and re-code awards etc, and that's where time needs to be taken.

This way i don't need to re-add all the histories, media sources etc though, and all my kit changes etc and lower league clubs are retained. I'll show you later :p

The idea of the two releases is that one will be exapanded down to the lower leagues for the people who specifically want to go that far down, and then a "lite" version with the top two tiers, as we don't need to add competitions and so hopefully there won't be compatibility issues if you want to play it with more custom files.

fingers crossed I'll have something to show by tomorrow. I've been unwell and otherwise occupied, so sorry about the delay.

a few minor issues, including those I don't know what I can do about. For instance, there are limits on non-EU players that most teams seem to break, probably cause data on second nationalities/passports isn't available. I can do a little bit to add it where it's probably obvious (ie. a player has spent long enough in a nation) but that still leaves problems.

• 2 weeks later...

too many things have been getting in my way or getting me down so I've not had the time to sit down and do things. now my grandma has died and that's pretty much the main thing in my life in the near future :( already having to delay uni work and get extensions and stuff, and obviously that comes ahead of this.

I PROMISE there'll be a release by Christmas, but right now I have other things that need my attention. At present I only really need to add some more awards and do some checking, but I just don't have the time to be as thorough as I like to be and I don't want to do a half-arsed job.

sorry guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived