[FM12] Lifelike Cypriot League Structure

Reiver

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hershie permits, I will release an updated version.

I'll fix reputations, cup history, the lower division being set as 3rd tier and any other problems people find. It won't take too long, but I'd like to have a completely clean version up.

Just if anybody can make me a list of problems they have and I'll adjust it within the next week.

Thanks.

200px-Cyprus_Football_Association.svg.png

FIXED VERSION

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jwb123

Okay, so here's the fix for Cup History/Reputation issues & Other Issues. ALL credit goes to Hershie and Reiver, these are just minor fixes to get the save running closer to 100%.

The things I changed were:

1) Coca Cola Cup History. Each year had two winners (duplicates), which inflated club histories, I went through and removed the duplicates.

2) LTV Super Cup had two competitions in the database, I removed one of them.

3) Competition Reputations. In general, the First Division gets a reputation rating, then the Domestic Cup is 11 points lower, B Division 30 points lower (than the first division), C Division 30 points lower and so forth. In Cyprus the differences were 50-60 points between the main division, so I raised the lower Divisions & Cup to match the First Division's rep. The First Division kept the same rating as default.

4) Sponsorship names. The First Division is no longer known as 'Marfin Laiki League' and now as 'Laiki Bank League'. That has been updated.

5) Cyprus Lower Division. The Lower Division (one so low it's not in the game), was designated as the 3rd Division in the editor, when in reality it is the 5h.

6) Cyprus Data. I bumped up the economic factor for Cyprus. It was '13' at the time, which is on level with say FYROM and lower than Malta. I based things off of GDP per Capita and bumped it up to 16. This may or may not have any effect, but from what I've heard might influence how much money clubs are willing to spend.

I also compressed the editor file.

THERE MAY STILL BE AN ISSUE WITH SOMETHING, if so I will change things immediately if you let me know :).

awesome work Chris :thup: thankyou. my apologies for the repeated delays.

I've just got back home and I'm going to try and complete (as best I can) my lower league work in the very near future, where possible. Expect something in the next few days.

I've made some fixes and changes and I'm going to give it another holiday this evening while I'm out. If all goes well I'll hopefully be releasing this properly this weekend.

Graphics (logos for all top 4 divisions and some others) and kits (top division) too. :)

Candre's version was just a couple of fixes to mine, which was in turn based on Reiver's original advanced panels combined with my data from my previous edit.

The new version has included all of Candre's work (and more; he's a friend of mine and has helped in the past) with a few more fixes, but also expands further down to the bottom of the Cypriot pyramid.

200px-Cyprus_Football_Association.svg.png

Lifelike Cypriot League Advanced Panels - April 2012 update

for FM2012

After many many delays, for which I can only apologise, I think this is now in a fit state to release.

Contains:

Cypriot Football League Pyramid down to level 6

Laiki Bank League

B, C, D divisions

Coca-Cola Cup (A-B and C-D)

LTV (Super Cup)

Regional leagues

Regional cups

The regional leagues include:

AOKNEL (A and B)

APOESP

EPEL

EPOL (A and B)

EPOPL (AA, BA, AB and BB)

OPN SEK

PAAOK (AA, AB and B)

PAO

POAL (A and B)

POASP (A and B)

POEL (AA, AB, BA and BB)

POEPA

In short, that is (to my knowledge) ALL active regional leagues in Cyprus and well over 200 teams I'd guess. Due to the obscure nature of the leagues I have had to improvise and exercise creative license where possible, in particular regarding promotion and cup competitions. Where possible I have colours etc included for clubs*, but haven't included stadia for lack of information.

*an insane amount of research has gone in to this

Also included:

All possible known rules regarding squad registration, player rules, transfers, discipline etc.

Additional real-life media sources

Awards (top division + national)

Many additional towns and cities (used for accurate regional leagues)

Corrections and improvements to existing data

Club logos (where available)

Various tweaks

----

Many thanks to Reiver for his original work upon which this has been modeled. Thanks to Candre for this efforts and his help, and thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place for putting up with my many, many, many queries.

PLEASE report any issues and I promise to fix them as quickly as possible. I understand that most people won't care quite so much for my anal levels of attention to detail.

DOWNLOAD

CLUB LOGOS AND KITS*

*kits are missing Anorthosis 3rd, I only discovered it today. For some reason they have two different blue/white striped shirts.

I am considering a minor update soon to include some more media sources that are more appropriate for the lower leagues. I've found that generally (although recently there has been more national coverage) that below the top two leagues it is generally local/regional websites and publications that focus on teams from their area at lower levels.

It would only be a few sources so maybe it's not worth it right now.

I've just taken a look at this, in game (holidayed for a season) and in the Editor and its AMAZING take a bow:applause: .

Im looking at using the AE myself to create Databases as I've got to the point where I've done everything thats possible with the normal editor and to implement what I want to do means its time to step up a level and use the AE, just looking at yours I've gleamed a little understanding of whats involved. :)

Hi!

i have a comp that works like cyprus B, but don´t records the champ correct.

i have look to your file and i found the raking level are saved as string, but in my file the editor records the raking level as integer

what can i do to solve this?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Bug in the Cup of the lower leagues. I manage a team of POEL B B'Omilos and APOEL it's a taking part to the cup of the lower leagues! Please fix it because is very annoying to go to final and face a 1st Division team! Thanks!

patrokle be patient, in 10 -15 days an updated version will be released and everything will work perfect and accurately. its not easy to create the best lifelike cyprus league structure almost from scratch including all the levels

There is a Bug in the Cup of the lower leagues. I manage a team of POEL B B'Omilos and APOEL it's a taking part to the cup of the lower leagues! Please fix it because is very annoying to go to final and face a 1st Division team! Thanks!

will look in to this; thought I'd got rid of this issue before release but maybe I was wrong. It seems to be an issue with the number of teams being entered.

Hershie/Reiver, does your update only work with the 12.0.0 database? If I combine it with other updates and use the 12.2.2 update, I get error messages.

nope, has been used and tested and it works with the latest builds. :confused: again, I'll look in it to it.

Apologies but I am very very busy right now and everything is getting rather hectic. I will do my best. Obviously it's a very big project so there's a lot to bear in mind that can go wrong; this is a very long term project that I started back for FM2010 and will continue in to future versions, striving for perfection.

On a better note, a month from now I will be in Cyprus; and in three months in fact, and I want the wok done before I go.

• 3 weeks later...

apologies for my absence over the last few weeks. Combination of university work and personal things. :thdn:

I'm off to Cyprus on Thursday (for 10 days or so), and I'm off home this Sunday (meaning I can use my desktop). Hopefully I can do some overdue work at the start of next week.

• 2 weeks later...

first i would like to thank hershie and anyone else put their efforts in this. i' ve encountered a problem which i would like to inform you about and perhaps if you could give a solution. i began a new game with a team in POEL AB league. going to my first POEL Cup game, i choose my squad and it gives me this message "The matxh squad must have no more than 0 non-EU players. (Currently 0)" and it doesn't leave me to continue to match.

am i doing anything wrong or is just a problem with the database?

• 2 weeks later...

Great effort, Hershie and Reiver, got a slight query though, how come when you first start the game, no team in the league is involved in a European competition? Also on the 'Rules' part on the games, it doesn't say what positions would get you a Europa League or Champions League spot?

• 2 weeks later...

I can only apologise again for the lack of updates; been ridiculously busy and preoccupied. I'm off to Cyprus for another 5 weeks in a few days, but hopefully I'll get a chance to do some horribly overdo work on this.

At the very, very least, FM13's build will be perfect ;)

Archived