Febian Brandy - Poorman's Goal Machine

Koki Balboa

This is the player which I used often in FM2010. I tried him in my Southampton save, and he stunned me. He isn't top premiership quality, but he is certainly one for the lower leagues, even decent enough for the Championship.

wk20ap.jpg

He is very quick, agile, with good determination, dribbling and flair. He is the best when playing as a poacher. His speed is really a difference in a League 1, even in some championship games. If given time i think he could develop well in 11 games in the beginning he banged 7 goals, and had 2 MOM awards, and average rating about 7.18. Best of all he is free. You can easily pick him up on a free transfer. I got him for my S'oton save on a contract 5.250Euro per week wage. He isn't greedy, and will come to most of lower league clubs. He is former Man Utd production, so i reckon he has decent potential to develop with. Currently in my first season in League 1, he is my knight in shiny armor, and lifesavior, scoring important goals, all by himself, running past opposition defence's.

Got my Chelmsford side from the Blue Square Premier (he even went that low in FM10) to the Premiership. He was part of a brilliant double-act of him and Marlon Harewood. I had him for almost his whole career, then had him as a coach after he retired. Great player for the lower leagues, got over 150 goals for my Chelmsford side, and even scored the winner against Man Utd for me in the prem.

I got him for Hartlepool and he had a pretty slow start (took him about 18 games to score). I was using him as a lone striker and wide right and training him there, but once given a run up front in a two man attack and he actually scored he seems to have gained confidence is is now scoring for fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Febian Brandy is a mad cat, I got him initially on loan for a year with Leyton Orient (L1) that year alone we won the JPT and promoted to the CH he scored 50 goals in all competitions for me, Man Utd still sold him to me on a free at the end of the loan spell. He then scored 36 goals the following year in all competitions whilst in the CH keeping us up. I then took a job offer from Aston Villa and tried to get him there but didn't really cut the mustard in the top flight. Gabby Agbonlahor plays alot like Brandy if you like this style of player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

He is still available for a free transfer on the new 11.3 patch. Absolute bargain. I play a network save game with my friend and i spotted him befor my friend but failed to snap him up befor he did. BIG MISTAKE! Like original poster stated hes not greedy and will come to almost any lower league club at least League 1 where his pace shreds opposition defences. He did well in championship too but the Premier League has proven to be a bit of a stumbling block for him where he is struggling to make an impact. Probably due to his low composure and finishing compared to Premiership standards. As for lower leagues an absolute must buy...i mean sign hes free for gods sake :)

Signed him for my Southampton team was my top goalscorer in League 1 and 3rd Top in the Championship i got back 2 back promotions... But he is a highly frustrating player he has like 5 shots a game because his pace is Premier League Quality which helps him get by the slow League defenders and he's got some decent technical stats but he missed so many 1 on 1 its unbelievable and add the fact he never passes when you have a player in a position where he could tap it in... Good player but sold him for 425k as soon as i got promoted his composure got to 9 and didnt make a massive difference

He's always the first signing I make as a Championship or League 1 side (also got him to come to Alaves in the Spanish third tier). He's an absolute beast even at Championship level. He gets clean through 3 or 4 times every match, although the ball ends up in the crowd most of the time thanks to his poor Finishing/Composure. Usually get a good fee for him if he has a good season and you go up to the Premier League. Swansea paid me £3.1m for him in my current Coventry game at the start of the second season. He'd managed 19 goals and 13 assists in 40 games for me in the league during the first season, playing as a Poacher or Advanced Forward depending on the opposition.

He is still available for a free transfer on the new 11.3 patch. Absolute bargain. I play a network save game with my friend and i spotted him befor my friend but failed to snap him up befor he did. BIG MISTAKE! Like original poster stated hes not greedy and will come to almost any lower league club at least League 1 where his pace shreds opposition defences. He did well in championship too but the Premier League has proven to be a bit of a stumbling block for him where he is struggling to make an impact. Probably due to his low composure and finishing compared to Premiership standards. As for lower leagues an absolute must buy...i mean sign hes free for gods sake :)

Exactly the same problem for me...banged them in, in League 1, and Champioship, but struggled in the Prem, scored 6/7 all season. Saviola took his place (another freebie)

Reckon he'd come to the teams lower then League 2?

I have signed him for Luton in the BSP. Got 36 goals despite being injured for 2 months. He wouldnt sign before the English trialist friendly but after that match he's willing to discuss terms. Hopefully he will do the business in league 2 for me next season.

I have signed him for Luton in the BSP. Got 36 goals despite being injured for 2 months. He wouldnt sign before the English trialist friendly but after that match he's willing to discuss terms. Hopefully he will do the business in league 2 for me next season.

I signed him my self before when I was at Luton and when I got promoted in my first season he got brought by a League 2 team for a mill against my will.......damn chairman!

I signed him on 11.1 or 2 with Derby in the championship on loan with an agreed fee of £750k or something like that, he absolutely ripped it up playing as a poacher and he got about 12 goals in the premier league as well, good signing.

Absolutely AMAZING player at Swindon has scored 13 goals and made 3 assists at an average rating of 9.00 in his last 5 games for me playing as an adwanced forward alongside a Deep lying striker best part about it hes only on A$235,000 a year!

Think he can improve his composure with tutoring? He's amazing in the lower leagues, and good in the championship, but probably lacks the potential to play in the premier league

You can't improve his composure through tutoring. Only his determination and some hidden attributes will go up (or down).

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z41/Megafan05/FB.png

Oh Febian Brandy! You are the love of my life!

Oh Febian Brandy! I'll let you shag my wife!

Oh Febian Brandy! You're the one for me!

Just bagged another 4 goals to take him to his 5th hattrick since arriving here.

EDIT: Next game another hattrick. MAN IS A GOD.

EDIT EDIT: 15 games into his Luton career and already on the favoured personel list of the club.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Brandy.png

Not even the end of December.

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to get him in my Cambridge United save. It's the first season and so my team is obviously in the BSP. He's only on loan, but if I play him enough and he stays happy, he'll hopefully want to move to my team after the loan is finished and we're in League Two.

Mickael Antoine-Curier and Febian Brandy are a lethal striking partnership in the BSP. So far in my first season, Curier has scored 22 in 13 league appearances and got 6 assists, and Brandy has scored 5 in 3 and got 2 assists.

• 2 weeks later...

signed this lad up straight away when I started an MK Dons save (League One) and he's already scored a hat trick and a 4 goal brace in his first 5 games at the club. The boy has got unbelievable tekkers

• 2 months later...

One thing I've noticed about Brandy is that he seems to be really popular with everyone else in the squad. Every time I sign him he ends up on six or seven players' Favoured Personnel lists within the first season. Never had that with any other player.

Archived