Captain Your Country - South Africa 2010

Captain Your Country - South Africa 2010

149.jpg

A pretty traditional sign-up, so not much i can talk about to be honest, basically each 32 countries in the world cup (is there any way i can get a saved game file of the 32 real life teams in the world cup?) is assigned a player, who will be made by 32 different people on these forums. Each player is randomly assigned a country, where they will captain their side at the 2010 world cup. Each player will have the same CA and PA, to keep things fair. Sound simple, right? :)

Let's meet the players...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group B

PARAGUAY

Bee Cee

Position: Defender Right

Club: Arsenal

Value: £7m

JAPAN

Steveldinho

Position: Attacking Midfielder Left, Right, Centre

Club: Wolverhampton Wanderers

Value: £4.7m

SOUTH AFRICA

Mark Bosschart

Position: Attacking Midfield Centre

Club: Vitesse

Value: £3.1m

GREECE

Lucas Schaw

Position: Central Defender

Club: Arsenal

Value: £4.9m

Group C

IVORY COAST

Pea-Do Rids

Position: Striker

Club: Pohang Steelers

Value: £1.1m

SERBIA

Jeff Blake

Club: -

Value: -

MEXICO

Chi Ki Wan

Club: America (MEX)

Value: £1.8m

ARGENTINA

Andrius Krisciunas

Club: Girondins Bordeaux

Value: £5.25m

Group E

NIGERIA

Arron Vander Balmer

Club: Newcastle United

Value: £3.3m

SWITZERLAND

Gypsum Fantastic

Position: Central Defender

Club: Tottenham Hotspur

Value: £4.8m

BRAZIL

Thomas Weir

Club: Glasgow Rangers

Value: -

U.S.A

Luke Swinson

Club: Stoke City

Value: £5.75m

Group F

GERMANY

Whoopy Dee'e

Position: Midfield Centre/Defensive Midfield

Club: Swindon Town

Value: £1m

URUGUAY

Asamoah van der Smith

Position: Central Midfield

Club: Tamworth

Value: £250k

RUSSIA

Reuben Hernandez

Position: Goalkeeper

Club: Benfica

Value: £2.5m

SOUTH KOREA

Ryan Bergman

Position: Defender/Wing Back/Midfield Right

Club: Wellington Phoenix

Value: £300k

Group G

DENMARK

Darren Burns

Club: Liverpool

SPAIN

Benaldinho

Club: Newcastle United

Value: £4.2m

HONDURAS

Sergio Gonzalez

Position: Attacking Midfield Left/Striker

Club: Juventus

ALGERIA

Matthew Short

Position: Attacking Midfield Right, Left, Centre/Striker

Club: Birmingham City

Value: £4.9m

Group H

ENGLAND

Carneo Quam

Position: Midfield Left

Club: West Ham United

Value: £5m

FRANCE

Manuel Valle

Club: Sporting Gijon

CAMEROON

Ihsaan Ahmed

Club: AS Saint-Etienne

Value: £5.25m

NORTH KOREA

Super Lampard

Club: Chelsea

Ooooh! I'm in the group of death - Group D with Ghana, Holland and Australia.

In form with 14 goals in 18 games (Admittedly for Southampton)

Should be the perfect partner for Shevchenko

Hopefully Mike Azoodle can fire Ukraine to glory!!

Won't my guy not get a cap due to Japan not being playable?

Christ, i must admit I did not think about that :(

If you would like to choose any of the other countries and i'll throw you in to that team and make you vice-captain if that is okay? :)

That goes for Super Lampard as well, as North Korea are also non-playable! :(

A very tough group with France and England. North Korea should be relatively simple though if they lose their star man (You're welcome to move across to Cameroon if you want to make the group more competetive :D)! Hopefully I'll be starting alongside Eto'o in which case it could be a fearsome strike partnership.

Would be nice if I had a bit more flair but other than that I'm pretty happy, the draw could've been better - Uruguay, Russia and South Korea should be pretty competitive but we all know the Germans will do well regardless ;)<-- what has happened to that smiley btw, the old wink was much better.

Christ, i must admit I did not think about that :(

If you would like to choose any of the other countries and i'll throw you in to that team and make you vice-captain if that is okay? :)

That goes for Super Lampard as well, as North Korea are also non-playable! :(

Oh no i can't play for North Korea [end of sarcasm]

I don't really mind what team i play for, pick one at random for me :thup:

Pre World Cup Report 2010

Just a quick preview of each of the 8 groups, and a little bit more about each team in the competition...

Group A

ITALY

The current World Champions will be hoping to retain the trophy for the 2nd time running, for only the 3rd time in the history of the competition, and the first time since way back in 1962 when Brazil managed it. Interestingly Italy were the first (and only other) team to manage to win the trophy in back to back tournaments, all the way back in 1934 and 1938.

Star Players: Buffon, de Rossi, Chiellini

Captain: Daniel Janssen

Form: WLLWW

Prediction: Semi Final.

Having worked out how the draw works on FM, i have done a quick simulation (on notepad :D) and from my own predictions i have figured that they will face Holland in the Quarter Finals, which they will win, and they will then go on to lose against Spain in the Semi Final. Of course it is a game that they will be able to win, i think spain will come out on top, however.

NEW ZEALAND

Unbeaten since November 2008, and on the back of a fantastic performance at the Oceania Nations Trophy (albeit a pretty easy competition), New Zealand will be full of cofidence, and may thrive as the underdogs of the group, and the whole competition. Having only previously appeared at one other World Cup Finals, back in 1982, the All Whites will be looking to better their grand total of 0 points in the Group Stages this time around.

Star Players: Ishu, Nelsen, Wood

Captain: Ishu

Form: WWWWW

Prediction: Group Stages.

No hope unfortunately for New Zealand. Despite holding their own against 2 of the teams in this group in real life, i don't think FM is going to give a similar reflection. However they may be able to scrape a point, with their main man, and captain, Ishu (unless he decides to play like Rooney).

CHILE

Average form going in to the competition, and did well to qualify in 2nd place in the South American Qualifying section, however i still think Chile lack the quality needed to do well in this competition. A few very good players, however there is no strength in the defence and that is really where they are let down, conceding the most goals out of the 5 qualifying teams from South America.

Star Players: Valdivia, Sanchez, Pizarro

Captain: Johnny Drama

Form: WWLDW

Prediction: Quarter Final.

Should be a close one as to who finishes second place in this Group, however i think that Chile will just scrape it. From my predictions they will face reach the Quarter Final, and face Argentina, and despite qualifying ahead of them, i think Argentina will do enough to know Chile out of the competition.

SLOVAKIA

Qualified with relative ease from the European Group Stages, from arguably the easiest group (where they faced the likes of San Marino and Northern Ireland!). Star Player Hamsik will be relied on heavily as he acts as the teams playmaker and if he plays, so do Slovakia and vice versa. Again a weak and relatively unheard of defensive line, who have conceded 11 goals in the teams 3 friendlies going in to the tournament, not a promising sign for the Slovakia fans.

Star Players: Skrtel, Hamsik, Stoch

Captain: Lucas Bambinho

Form: LWLDW

Should give Chile a good run for their money, however i just don't think they are good enough to advance through to the knockout stages of the competition. With a stronger back 4, Slovakia could potentially be a good team, however they do not possess that quality that is needed to do well at a World Cup Final.

Group B

PARAGUAY

A very solid defensive side, Paraguay will be looking to use this to their advantage in the competition. With captain Bee Cee operating the right side of defense, it will take a very, very skilled left midfielder to find his way past the young man. In good form coming in to the competition, and will also be full of confidence after seeing the group they have been drawn in, a group that they will definitely want to qualify from.

Star Players: Santa Cruz, Cee, Veron

Captain: Bee Cee

Form: WWWDW

Prediction: Second Round.

Should qualify from the Group Stages, however it really depends on whether they can perform being the favourites to advance from the group. With 3 average teams all looking to qualify as well, one slip up could cost the Paraguay team their place in the Second Round.

JAPAN

Registration issues make this speech about Japan very short indeed, not a lot i can say really and captain Steveldinho has been allowed permission to play for another country during the World Cup.

Star Players: i have no idea

Captain: should be Steveldinho

Form: DWWDW

If Japan were a fully registered team on this game, i think they would do rather well actually (much like in real life). However, i have no idea how they will do in this because none of the players are real. I expect they will get knocked out however.

SOUTH AFRICA

The first ever hosts to come from the continent of Africa, and they will be looking to do well in front of their home fans! Drawn in to a good group and one that they will be looking to qualify from. Having not gone through the qualifying stage, the players may not be up to full World Cup fitness, and that is may be something that will let down, however they have had plenty of time to prepare. Performed below par in the African Cup of Nations, so will look to perform better in front of the home crowds.

Star Players: Pienaar, Bosschart, Masilela

Captain: Mark Bosschart

Form: WLLWW

Will be hoping to advance to the Knockout stages of the competition for sure, however being drawn against reigning champions Italy in the second round is definitely not something that you would want. Despite having the home advantage, South Africa's World Cup dreams should be ended by the Italians and millions of South African hearts will be broken.

GREECE

European Champions just 6 years ago (i still do not know how they managed it!?) but not really going to do any better than that, and definitely aren't going to win this world cup that's for sure! Having just lost to Georgia in a friendly, Greece should just about realise that they are not good enough, and hopefully won't get their hopes up too much. However they did qualify as top as their group in Europe, above Switzerland, so at least there's a slight positive they can take in to the competition.

Star Players: Schaw, Papastathopoulos, Kastouranis

Captain: Lucas Schaw

Form: WWWWL

The group will be a tight one, however i just don't believe Greece will do enough to qualify for the next round. I could be wrong though, as this group will be a tight one. Captain Lucas Schaw will be a rock in the back, and if Greece manage to defend well then who knows what may happen? Maybe Euro 2004 all over again.. I doubt it!

Group C and D to be completed tomorrow :)

Pre World Cup Report 2010 Part 2

Group C

IVORY COAST

A solid all round team, who are consitently one of the top teams in Africa. They qualified with ease, losing only one match in the final group stages of qualifying, and will hope to qualify from the Group Stages in the Finals as well. A front line of Drogba and Pae-Do Rids, should create a good combintion and i expect a lot of goals from the 2 of them.

Star Players: Drogba, Toure, Kalou

Captain: Pea-Do Rids

Form: WWLLW

Should qualify in 2nd place behin Argentina, however if they fail to get a result against Serbia and Mexico (who are both capable of qualifying) it could be the other way round. If they qualify i expect them to face Holland in the second round, which will probably be a close game, however i have gone for Holland in that game.

SERBIA

Ranked above Ivory Coast in the world, however i don't think that their team is as strong. WIth 3 or 4 star players, and the rest of the team being relatively unknown, Serbia's performance at the world cup will greatly depend on how well their star players perform on the greatest stage.

Star Players: Vidic, Stankovic, Ivanovic

Captain: Jeff Blake

Form: WWLWL

Will be a tough battle for 2nd place in this group, with all 4 teams good enough to qualify from the group. I think Serbia will come close, but will just miss out, finishing third behind Ivory Coast.

MEXICO

Mexico have advanced to the Second Round of the competition for the last four world cups, and will be looking to do it for a fifth time in a row this year. The highest ranked team in the group behind Argentina. A good attacking side, with the rock that is Rafael Marquez at the back, they are a good all round team, but like Serbia, it will greatly depend on how well their top players will perform.

Star Players: Marquez, Guardado, Vela

Captain: Chi Ki Wan

Form: WWLDW

As i have said before, it will be a tough group, and Mexico will want to qualify from it. If the top players perform, and if captain Chi Ki Wan can get his goalscoring boots on, then Mexico definitely have the potential to qualify, however i think that Ivory Coast will pip them to the 2nd qualifying spot.

ARGENTINA

Arengtina on paper are one of the strongest teams in the competition, however they don't appear to perform as well as they should when it comes to the most important games. Suffered their biggest ever World Cup defeat last April after a 6-1 defeat against Bolivia, but recovered well and qualified in 3rd position. Will need to perform well against the bigger countries in the competition if they want to do well, something they have not managed recently, losing to both Spain and Germany in friendlies.

Star Players: Messi, Tevez, Aguero

Captain: Andrius Krisciunas

Form: WWLWL

Prediction: Semi Final.

Argentina will always be one of the favourites for the World Cup and rightly so. Possibly the most lethal attacking team in the world, and also a strong back four, this Argentina side is full of youth and experience and will do very well. Could go all the way potentially, however i think they will get knocked out in the Semi Final against Brazil.

Group D

GHANA

The most succesful African team in the competition with Egypt not qualifying and they will want to live up to that reputation and do well in the competition. An awful showing at the African Cup of Nations, not even getting out of the Group Stages, so they will want do improve greatly. Have some quality players, and one of the strongest midfields in the whole competition and will want to use this to their advantage.

Star Players: Essien, Muntari, Damon

Captain: Matt Damon

Form: DDLLW

Will have to perform extremely well to qualify from this group and i think that they will be able to do it. Australia and Ukraine will also want to qualify from the group so it will be a close battle as to who finishes 2nd and qualifies for the 2nd round.

UKRAINE

Managed to qualify through the Playoffs in the European Qualifying stage, behind England, who won the group by a substantial margain. Ukraine finished qualifying on top form, beating England , and remaining unbeaten since June last year, meaning they qualified ahead of Croatia on goal difference.

Star Players: Chygrynski, Tymoshuk, Milevski

Captain: Mike Azoodle

Form: WWDWL

Did well to qualify for the competition, however i don't believe they have the quality to advance beyond the Group Stages unfortunately. Mike Azoodle will want to captain his side through to the Second Round, and perhaps with a couple of decent results they can pull it off.

HOLLAND

Captain Robert Boyle is joined by former North Korea captain Super Lampard for the competition, due to North Korea having registration issues. Anyway.. Holland, perhaps the best team to have never won a World Cup trophy, a team that wins a lot of games, but not a lot of tournaments, is this their year at last? Boyle and Lampard will certainly hope so!

Star Players: Robben, van Persie, Sneijder

Captain: Robert Boyle

Form: LWWLW

Should sail through this group with ease, just like they did in qualifying. Holland were the first team in Europe to qualify for this years tournament and they will want to continue their form in to the Finals. Quarter Finals at the very least for this strong Holland side.

AUSTRALIA

Australia’s move from the Oceanic Football Confederation to the Asian Football Confederation paid off with an easy qualification in to the 2010 World Cup. A very balanced team, who have just qualified easily for the upcoming Asian Nations Cup, losing only 1 of their 6 games. They were the only team who have qualified for this competition with an unbeaten qualifying stage, and conceded just 1 goal in their 8 qualifying games. Possible underdogs in this group?

Star Players: Cahill, Owusu, Kewell

Captain: Daniel Owusu

If they can carry their immense form in to the competition then getting out of the Group Stages has got to be a realistic target, however it is difficult to say how well they are going to do, after coming through such an easy Qualifying stage. The Australians are a good side, but i think they will finish 3rd in this group.

Pre World Cup Report 2010 Part 3

Group E

NIGERIA

The only of our 4 African teams to qualify without losing a game and conceded just 1 goals in their 6 games, this Nigeria team operates very defensively, but also scores goals on the counter attack. Captain Vander Balmer acts as the playmaker, and will hope to perform well, with scouts from Barcelona and Chelsea at the competition to watch him.

Star Players: Mikel, Obasi, Yobo

Captain: Arron Vander Balmer

Form: LDDWL

Despite qualifying so well, they have won only 1 of their last 5 games, and did not perform at all well at the African Cup of Nations. They have landed themselves in a tough group and will struggle to reach the Knockout Stages in my opinion.

SWITZERLAND

Another qualifier from the European Qualifying via the Playoffs as they beat Slovenia 4-0 over 2 legs to reach the competition. Eliminated after just 2 games in Euro 2008 (better than England though don't forget!) the Swiss players will be expected to perform a lot better this time around. The fans want to reach the knockout stages, but i'm not sure whether the players are up to it.

Star Players: Inler, Barnetta, Senderos

Captain: Gypsum Fantastic

Form: WLWWW

Qualified in 2nd place behind Greece in Qualifying, and perhaps there is more to come from this talented side. Weakest up front, Switzerland may suffer from a lack of goals, although if one of their strikers manages to find form, qualifying from the Group could be possible. I'm not sure that they will make it though.

BRAZIL

The most succesful side in World Cup history, and the only team to have reached the World Cup finals every single time since the tournament began. Brazil will definitely be one of the favourites to win the competition and with an almost faultless qualifying stage, i wouldn't bet against them. Brazil has a ton of talent, and are possibly the most creative team in the competition with players such as Kaka in the team.

Star Players: Kaka, Dani Alves, Cesar

Captain: Thomas Weir

Form: WWWDW

Prediction: Runners Up.

Fantastic in Qualifying, scoring 35 goals and losing only 2 of their 18 games. Brazil will win their group easily, and i fully expect them to advance all the way to the final, where they will face Spain. That game could go either way, but i think that Spain will come out on top and Brazil will finish runners up.

U.S.A

U.S.A did not qualify as well as they should have done, and finished in 3rd place, only just qualifying automatically on goal difference. Nevertheless they have qualified and get a chance to prove their run in the Confederations Cup and the Gold Cup was not a fluke. Donovan will need to have a good tournament, after performing well at Stuttgart, scoring 8 goals in 11 appearances for the German side.

Star Players: Howard, Donovan, Jones

Captain: Luke Swinson

Form: LDWWW

U.S.A have sold the most tickets for fans out of all the teams in the competition, and they will not want to let their fans down. Getting of the group is a must for the Yanks and i'm sure they will be very disappointed if they don't achieve that.

Group F

GERMANY

Got extrememly lucky in Qualifying, where they almost lost out to Scotland, beating them on away goals after 2 legs. Finished 2nd in a group they should have perhaps won quite easily, behind Russia who won the group comfortably in the end. A young Germany side who are not tipped to do as well as they have in previous tournaments, but will still be looking to do well.

Star Players: Lahm, Adler, Dee'e

Captain: Whoopy Dee'e

Form: DDDWD

Despite qualifying so poorly, Germany always have a habit of doing well when the pressure is on them. Thank god they won't come up against England (well i don't think so anyway), but perhaps there will be a couple of penalty shootout on the way? Maybe they will be knocked out by a penalty shootout for once.

URUGUAY

Uruguay are a decent team, however i don't think that they will do well at this tournament. Up front they are very good, with Forlan and Suarez, goals will definitely come for Uruguay, but they concede far too many as well. Qualified through the American Playoffs after beating Costa Rica to reach the Finals. A recent defeat to Dominica will not leave the Uruguay players with very much confidence at all.

Star Players: Forlan, Suarez, Lugano

Captain: Asamoah van der Smith

With confidence this Uruguay team can perform very well (as seen in real life), however FM is a whole different story and i think that Uruguay will finish 3rd in the group behind Germany and Russia.

RUSSIA

Russia were excellent in Qualifying, and topped their group in front of Germany who were favourites to storm the group. Captain Hernandez will perhaps find it difficult to start many games, as his lack of World Cup experience may mean that Igor Akinfeev gets the number 1 kit for the tournament. Russia are in excellent form coming in to the tournament, winning their last 6 games, including a 1-0 win over Germany, who they will face again in this group.

Star Players: Arshavin, Akinfeev, Zhirkov

Captain: Reuben Hernandez

Did well to qualify ahead of Germany, however i don't think the same will happen here. Germany always preform well on the biggest stage, and i don't think it will be any different this time around. Russia will finish second in the group behind Germany, but i don't think they will get any further than the Second Round.

SOUTH KOREA

South Korea will enjoy their seventh straight appearance at the World Cup. They are the best team from the Asian Qualifying Groups, and were also unbeaten in 25 straight matches until a 2-0 loss to Senegal. The Koreans play fast flowing football and will look to use counter attacking football against the other 3 teams in the group. They are probably the hardest working team in the competition and always seem to be full of energy.

Star Players: Park Ji-Sung, Bergman, Lee Chung-Yong

Captain: Ryan Bergman

Despite being very energetic and very hard working, i doubt the Koreans will have what it takes to progress further than the Group stages, especially with 3 teams that are probably stronger than them. Ryan Bergman will hope to impress for his country, however i don't think that him and the other star man, Park Ji-Sung, will be able to do enough.

Honduras for Gonzalez :( At least we have Denmark, Spain and Algeria. Maybe, just maybe a lucky 2nd round finish :)

P.S: Just realized I've set my Influence to 20 but it seems as 1 in the screenshot :( Other than that, a pretty solid distribution of stats for a winger-striker.

Pre World Cup Report 2010 Part 4

Group G

DENMARK

Denmark were a shocker to qualify for the World Cup, beating Portugal and Sweden to advance out of their group. A trip to the second round is possible from this Denmark team, expecially in a group where they look to be the second best team. Qualifying from the group has got to be the realistic target for the Danes.

Star Players: Agger, Kjaer, Bendtner

Captain: Darren Burns

Form: WLLLW

Not the best of form coming in to the tournament, however the Danes should be able to qualify ahead of both Honduras and Algeria unless something goes seriously wrong. I doubt they will be able to progress any further than the Second Round however.

SPAIN

The main question for this Spanish team is in regards to which team will show up for this tournament. The one that cruised to the Euro title in 2008? Or the team that lost to the USA in the Confederations Cup? Spain has plenty of stars with Fernando Torres, David Villa and more. Spain had better make it to the final four, or the Spanish fans will have every right to be disappointed.

Star Players: Torres, Xavi, Iniesta

Captain: Benaldinho

Prediction: Winners.

Probably the strongest all round team in the whole competition, and i fully expect them to do very well in this competition. WIll have a tough run through to the final, but i expect them to go on and win it. Unless the pressure gets to them of course.

HONDURAS

This is only the second time in national team history that Honduras have qualified for the tournament. That was back in the 1982 World Cup, where they were able to manage draws with Spain (who coincidentally they will have to face again this year) and Northern Ireland. A defeat against Yugoslavia ended their 1982 World Cup run. Honduras will perhaps want to better that 1982 total of 2 points this time around, and push on to get out of the group stages.

Star Players: Palacios, Gonzalez, Figueroa

Captain: Sergio Gonzalez

Form: WWWDL

Honduras will want to do their best to get out of the group stages for the second time of trying. Unfortunately, due to the strength of Spain and Denmark, i doubt that Honduras will have the quality that is needed to reach the Knockout stages.

ALGERIA

This is Algeria's first appearance in the World Cup Finals since 1986 and the Algerians will have to work extremely hard to pull off a trip to the second round. Whether or not they can do it, will probably depend on whether Spain and Denmark perform to their potential. Algeria were poor in the African Cup of Nations, not even getting out of the Group Stages. They will definitely need to improve for this tournament.

Star Players: Short, Bougherra, Belhadj

Captain: Matthew Short

Form: WLWLD

If Algeria were in better form coming in to this competition i would have been tempted to say that Algeria would reach the Second Round, however after a disastrous time at the African Cup of Nations, this Algerian side is low on confidence and will probably need a miracle if they want to advance any further than this group.

Group H

ENGLAND

England were the most dominant team in European qualifying for the World Cup, scoring 30 goals in their Qualifying group, more than any other team in Europe. The English fans and Media will expect England to do very well in this competition, and perhaps with a bit of luck (not that England ever get that luck) they will be able to go all the way. Can England like the World Cup trophy for the second time in their history? Who knows.

Star Players: Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney

Captain: Cerneo Quam

Form: LWWWD

How far England get in this competition will probably depend on where they manage to finish in the group. If they manage to win the group then they will probably have a much easier route to the final, than if they finish 2nd, where they will probably come up against Spain in the 2nd round (if they manage to win their group). I think England will get knocked out in the Second Round.

FRANCE

The trouble with France is that it is very hard to tell which French team is going to turn up. When they play at their best, they are almost unbeatable, and it would take a very good team to break down this French team when they are playing their best. However, when the French are playing badly, it is almost like they can't be bothered anymore. How far they will get in this competition will depend on which of the 2 French teams is going to turn up.

Star Players: Ribery, Benzema, Evra

Captain: Manuel Valle

Form: WDLWL

Not the best of form coming in to the competition, although if they can put their form behind them and just concentrate on the future, i fully expect France to advance very far in this competition. Possibly not all the way to the final, but the Quarter Finals at a minimun for this French side.

CAMEROON

Cameroon are probably the most unluckly team in this tournament in regards to the draw for the Groups. Had Cameroon been drawn in to an easier group (without 2 world class teams) i would have expected them to Qualify for the Second Round. Cameroon recently won the African Cup of Nations and are full of confidence, so will still do their best to qualify from this 'Group of Death'

Star Players: Eto'o, Bassong, Song

Captain: Ihsaan Ahmed

Form: WWWWL

Unfortunately for Cameroon they were drawn in the hardest group of the lot, so i don't think that they will be able to get out of this group. The Cameroon players will think differently, and will go out there and do their best for their country and will push to try and get 2nd place in the group. Eto'o will need to get his goalscoring boots on if Cameroon want to get out of the group.

NORTH KOREA

North Korea are making their first appearance since 1966 (where they performed way above expectations), and look to make a quick exit. The Group H draw was about as bad as it could get for North Korea. They could lose all three games. The only thing North Korea can hope for is doing better than South Korea. They will be without captain Super Lampard (who has been given permission to join up with his Second Nation Holland for the tournament) and due to regestration issues will not be able to use any professional players. North Korea might as well stay at home.

Star Players: i have no idea.

Captain: should have been Super Lampard

Form: DWWWW

North Korea have no hope really, and it did not help that they were drawn in to the hardest group of the lot. North Korea will just want to make sure that they do not get completely embarassed. At least England will win one game (i hope!)

Honduras for Gonzalez :( At least we have Denmark, Spain and Algeria. Maybe, just maybe a lucky 2nd round finish :)

P.S: Just realized I've set my Influence to 20 but it seems as 1 in the screenshot :( Other than that, a pretty solid distribution of stats for a winger-striker.

I will change that in FMRTE for you :)

I'm Tied 2nd most expensive player. yay !

1cap - 2 Goals 6 in 10 for united in the league. :cool:

New Zealand. Hopefully i will play more like forlan than rooney. :p 40 yard Free-kicks FTW :cool:

Nice group reports BTW :thup:

PREDICTIONS ANYONE!? :)

Just replace each of the titles with the team that you expect to advance through to that round of the competition. This is only a bit of fun and is not compulsary :)

[font=Courier New]GROUP A          GROUP B          GROUP C          GROUP D

Italy            Paraguay         Ivory Coast      Ghana
New Zealand      Japan            Serbia           Ukraine
Chile            South Africa     Mexico           Holland
Slovakia         Greece           Argentina        Australia

GROUP E          GROUP F          GROUP G          GROUP H

Nigeria          Germany          Denmmark         England
Switzerland      Uruguay          Spain            France
Brazil           Russia           Honduras         Cameroon
USA              South Korea      Algeria          North Korea[/font]

[font=Courier New]SECOND ROUND      QUARTER FINAL          SEMI FINAL             FINAL             WINNER

1ST GROUP A
2ND GROUP B
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 1
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 2
1ST GROUP D 
2ND GROUP C
                                        WINNER QTR FINAL 1
                                        WINNER QTR FINAL 2
1ST GROUP F
2ND GROUP E
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 3
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 4
1ST GROUP G
2ND GROUP H
                                                               WINNER S FINAL 1
                                                                                 WINNER FINAL
                                                               WINNER S FINAL 2
2ND GROUP A
1ST GROUP B
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 5
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 6
2ND GROUP D
1ST GROUP C
                                        WINNER QTR FINAL 3
                                        WINNER QTR FINAL 2
2ND GROUP F
1ST GROUP E
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 7
                 WINNER 2ND ROUND 8
2ND GROUP G
1ST GROUP H[/font]

My Predictions:

[font=Courier New]
SECOND ROUND      QUARTER FINAL          SEMI FINAL             FINAL             WINNER

ITALY
SOUTH AFRICA
                 ITALY
                 HOLLAND
HOLLAND 
IVORY COAST
                                        ITALY
                                        SPAIN
GERMANY
USA
                 GERMANY
                 SPAIN
SPAIN
ENGLAND
                                                               SPAIN
                                                                                 SPAIN
                                                               BRAZIL
CHILE
PARAGUAY
                 CHILE
                 ARGENTINA
GHANA
ARGENTINA
                                        ARGENTINA
                                        BRAZIL
RUSSIA
BRAZIL
                 BRAZIL
                 FRANCE
DENMARK
FRANCE[/font]

If you just copy and paste this post in to Notepad, it will make doing the coding a lot easier. Then copy and paste the writing in notepad in to a reply on this thread, putting in the coding tags where neccesary. Please ask if you have any questions :)

second round      quarter final          semi final             final             winner

italy
greece
                 italy
                 holland
holland 
mexico
                                        holland
                                        spain
germany
usa
                 germany
                 spain
spain
france
                                                               holland
                                                                                 brazil
                                                               brazil
chile
paraguay
                 chile
                 argentina
australia
argentina
                                        argentina
                                        brazil
russia
brazil
                 brazil
                 england
honduras
england

For some reason it is all lower case, but those are my predictions anyhow. ;)

Mon Owusu and Australia!!

I'm going for...

second round      quarter final          semi final             final             winner

italy
greece
                 italy
                 holland
holland 
ivory coast
                                        holland
                                        spain
germany
switzerland
                 germany
                 spain
spain
france
                                                               spain
                                                                                 spain
                                                               brazil
chile
paraguay
                 paraguay
                 argentina
ukraine
argentina
                                        argentina
                                        brazil
russia
brazil
                 brazil
                 england
denmark
england

My Predictions:

[font=Courier New]
SECOND ROUND      QUARTER FINAL          SEMI FINAL             FINAL             WINNER

Italy
South Africa
                 Italy
                 Holland
Holland 
Ivory Coast
                                        Italy
                                        Spain
Russia
USA
                 Russia
                 Spain
Spain
France
                                                               Spain
                                                                                Argentina
                                                               Argentina
New Zealand
Paraguay
                 New Zealand
                 Argentina
Ghana
Argentina
                                        Argentina
                                        Brazil
Germany
Brazil
                 Brazil
                 England
Denmark
England[/font]

Sorry If i am Biased :D

My predictions...

[font=Courier New]SECOND ROUND      QUARTER FINAL          SEMI FINAL             FINAL             WINNER

Chile
Japan
                 Japan
                 Holland
Holland 
Mexico
                                        Holland
                                        Spain
Germany
USA
                 Germany
                 Spain
Spain
France
                                                               Spain
                                                                                 Spain
                                                               Argentina
Slovakia
Paraguay
                 Paraguay
                 Argentina
Ghana
Argentina
                                        Argentina
                                        Uruguay
Uruguay
Brazil
                 Uruguay
                 England
Denmark
England[/font]

Potential real life final match up in the semis...

Well since I don't have Notepad, here's some less impressive looking predictions!

2nd Round

Italy over Japan

Holland Over Serbia

Switzerland Over Germany

Spain Over England

Chile over Greece

Argentina Over Ukraine

Brazil Over South Korea

France Over Denmark

Quarterfinals

Italy Over Holland

Spain Over Switzerland

Argentina Over Chile

France Over Brazil

Semifinals

Spain Over Italy

Argentina Over France

Final

Argentina Over Spain

Due to Steveldinho being unable to play for Japan, he will be joining Ryan Bergman at Japan!

First update will be on its way later tonight guys (if i can get it done, before i fall asleep :D)

Presume you mean South Korea :)

Italy
Greece
                 Greece
                 Holland
Holland
Serbia
                                        Holland
                                        Germany
Germany
USA
                 Germany
                 Spain
Spain
England
                                                               Germany
                                                                                 Argentina
                                                               Argentina
Slovakia
Paraguay
                 Paraguay
                 Argentina
Australia
Argentina
                                        Argentina
                                        Cameroon
Uruguay
Brazil
                 Brazil
                 Cameroon
Algeria
Cameroon

Some of these more hopeful than realistic.

Italy
Greece
                 Italy
                 Holland
Holland
Argentina
                                        Holland
                                        Germany
Germany 
USA
                 Germany
                 England
Spain
England
                                                               Holland
                                                                                 Ivory Coast
                                                               Ivory Coast
Slovakia
Japan
                 Slovakia
                 Ivory Coast
Ghana
Ivory Coast
                                       Ivory Coast
                                       Brazil
Russia
Brazil
                 Brazil
                 France
Denmark
France

My predictions

Day 1 - 11th June 2010.

Ridleys: "Hello and welcome to the 2010 FIFA World Cup Finals here in South Africa! My name is Ridleys, and i will be guiding you through this tournament. Our first game of the day is about to begin, so i'll pass over to our 2 commentators for today: Andy Gray and Martin Tyler."

Chile vs Italy

World Cup Group A

Martin: "Thankyou Ridleys, and welcome all our viewers to the first game of this World Cup. We're all set for a brilliant start to this tournament, and the atmosphere is wonderful around this stadium. I can see these vuvuzela things getting annoying however!"

Andy: "Lighten up a bit Martin for god sake.. This is the World Cup, the greatest competition on the planet, and all you bloody do is moan.

Martin: "Oh i am so sorry Andy, anyway, what do you think about todays prospects?"

Andy: "Will be an interesting one that's for sure. Anything can happen in these first few games, and i fully expect Chile to do well in this one. Chile Captain Johnny Drama has had a very good season at club level and will want to impress any scouts at the tournament."

Martin: "Right you are Andy. Lets meet in the teams..

Chile: Bravo; Medel, Contreras, Jara; Fierro, Vidal, Drama ©, Tello; Sanchez, Paredes, Beausejour

Italy: Amelia; Santon, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Grosso; De Rossi, Marchisio; Balotelli, Cassano, Di Natale; Janssen ©

..Two very attacking line-ups Andy, lots of goals in this one surely?"

Andy: "Lets hope so!"

Martin: "Yes, well the teams are out, and we're all set to go, join us after this quick break"

Andy: "Martin my friend, we're not on Sky Sports anymore, this is the BBC remember, no ad-breaks"

Martin: "How embarassing! Sorry everyone."

**The Referee gets the game underway**

Martin: "Surprised anyone can hear that whistle, over the sound of the crowd in this stadium, outstanding party atmosphere here tonight."

8 Min - De Rossi Chance

Martin: "A slow start here, no chances to record as of yet. Italy have the ball now. Santon hoofs the ball upfield Janssen heads the ball square to Di Natale..

Andy: "Janssen has won every ball in the air so far, the Chilean defenders can't get above him at the moment"

Martin: "That is very true.. Di Natale still with the ball just outside the box, crossed in... De Rossi doesn't get a clean head on the ball and it trickles wide."

Andy: "Should have done much better with that Martin, a real chance for Italy then."

13 Min - Amelia Save

Martin: "What has Cannavarro done there!? Paredes is free, got to score surely! Fantastic save Marco Amelia, top goalkeeping."

Andy: "Cannavarro, didn't judge that header at all well, a lucky escape for Italy, and a great save from Amelia."

20 Min - De Rossi Chance

Martin: "Disgraceful bit of shirt pulling there from Drama on Janssen, surprised he hasn't got a yellow for that one. Free Kick to Italy"

Andy: "30 Yards out, might have a pop from here, i certainly would have done back in my day"

Martin: "De Rossi has gone for it!! Side netting only."

30 Min - Amelia Save

Martin: "The game has slowed down about in the last 10 minutes. The talented Alexis Sanchez has the ball now, he's skipping past the defenders, amazing run from Sanchez, he sprints past Cannavarro"

Andy: "Nobody can stop this guy when he gets going!"

Martin: "He's past the last defender! Alexis Sanchez with a real chance.. Another fantastic save from Marco Amelia, is anything going to go past him today!?"

Andy: "Top play from Alexis Sanchez."

33 Min - Yellow Card for Davide Santon

Martin: "Most obvious booking i have seen in a long time."

43 Min - De Rossi Chance

Martin: "Italy with the ball now, Grosso gives it to Di Natale out on the left wing, De Rossi is free in the box, Di Natale finds him with a beautiful pass! Goal!!! NO, he's missed it!

Andy: "No surprises there, he wouldn't even score in a brothel the way he is playingh right now."

Half Time: Chile 0-0 Italy

**Chile get the Second Half started**

54 Min - GOAL!

Martin: "Paredes now on the ball for Chile, plays a perfect for Jean Beausejour, he's through, one on one with the keeper! GOAL FOR CHILE!!"

Andy: "Ooooooooooooh What a goal!!"

64 Min - Amelia Save

Martin: "Beausejour is free again ya know! What on earth was that? He went for the chip over Amelia, but has kicked it straight in to the keepers hands."

Andy: "They should be 2 up with that chance Martin"

Martin: "They certainly should, Chile really taking the game to Italy at the moment!"

67 Min - Jara Chance

Martin: "The rain is hammering down now in Soccer City, thank god we're under cover in this cosy commentry box."

Andy: "Lets keep on topic Martin..."

Martin: "Yes, sorry, corner for Chile, Gary Medel to take it. Medel swings the ball in, Jara gets his head to it, it's got harmlessly wide though."

70 Min - Drama Chance

Martin: "Another corner for Chile, Medel swings the ball in once again, Drama with the header this time! He's hit the upright!!"

Andy: "Oohh soo unlucky! Italy just got away with murder!"

74 Min - GOAL!

Martin: "Italy Captain Janssen surging down the right wing now, plays a lovely one-two with Marchisio, puts the ball in to the 6-yard box, Cassano with the header! It beats the keeper! GOAL FOR ITALY!!"

Andy: "Lousy defending from Chile, an excellent team goal from Italy though!"

87 Min - Iaquinta Chance

Martin: "Italy really buzzing now, much like these vuvuzela's! Iaquinta heads goalwards, the ball goes flying over the bar."

Andy: "Italy look certain to score in these last few minutes!"

90+3 Min - Yellow Card for Contreras

Martin: "Contreras will be booked for more than one foul now. Looks like the ref is going to blow his whistle. He is, the game finished Chile 1-1 Italy, back to you Ridleys."

Full Time: Chile 1-1 Italy

Ridleys: "Not the greatest game to kick off a FIFA World Cup, a solid point for both teams, but i'm sure the Chile fans will be the happier of the 2 sets of fans this afternoon! Lets look at the stats:"

Match Stats

Chile        Statistic        Italy

13           Shots           15
  6         On Target         4
  6         Long Shots        8
57%         Possession        43%
  7          Corners          10
 16         Free Kicks        15
 17         Throw Ins         8
 13           Fouls           14
  2          Offsides         2
  1        Yellow Cards       1
  0          Red Cards        0
6.82       Average Rating      6.75

Captains Performances

Johnny Drama - Decent performance from Drama, won lots of balls in the air, and made a few cutting passes. More to come from Drama as the tournament progresses i expect. 6.8/10

Daniel Janssen - One of Italy's better performers today, was very strong in the air, and set up Italy's only goal of the game, a good performance. 7.1/10

Archived