FM 10: Adam Pepper

stevie_G_32201

14AdamPepper-3.png

Adam Pepper is an exciting player who was a key figure as the team reached the FA Youth Cup final last season.

Unfortunately an injury picked up in the semi-final ruled him out of the two legged showpiece and the team certainly missed him against Arsenal.

Pepper is a natural footballer who can play centre midfield or up front. He can pass the ball and score goals.

He scored an audacious Xabi Alonso-esque goal for the U18s against Blackburn Rovers last season when he found the net from just inside his own half with a sweet lob.

i noticed him in the reserves game first season the assistant manager set up and decided to give him a chance in the first team after putting him on my own training schedule i designed he turned out like this. my scouts say he is a leading premier division player and has been performing brilliantly for me ever since he came into my first team.

EDIT: anyone wanting the training schedule i used http://rapidshare.com/files/305500759/Cruxius_Training_v1.0.tsh

been requested by a poster and is availble for anyone who wants to give it a try.

I am on my 3rd season and Pepper has finally started to come good. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 and he is on the bench to come on in either of the 2 MC roles or the AMC role. He definitely looks to me like the natural Gerrard replacement allthough I do have Toni Kroos who will do a better job I think.

Great thread Stevie g ill loan him out as i have Gerrard & Van Dar Vaart in my squad but gonna hang on to him. :)
find loaning a player out never works. players dont play and the coaches at the club aren't as good so he never developes

i find this too. your better off keeping hold of him and playing him yourself. several great players ive had have been ruined due to loaning them to clubs i now refuse to loan out my best prospects, the only time i ever loan players out now is to get them off the wage budget if i cant sell them.

In my first season as Liverpool been playing him as a sub most games and stats have shot up have him tutored by Gerrard. made 7 starts and 26 off the bench. Scored some awesome long bombs and against big teams like Barca in first knock out round and scored the winner 2 times against chelsea once in league and once in Fa cup and also scored the only goal against everton in a league game. His stats might not look fantastic but being either footed helps a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MH2K and lfc7 know all about adam pepper from the days of old when i was on here every day. sadly i dont have the time do that anymore so i can only come on rarely now :( its likely they will click on the thread again when they see its been revived because pepper deserves recognition for his talents :)

~~Stevie G~~

IRL, Pepper is an excellent player. I remember when he was about 11 years old, back when Rooney was a mere teenager, and I remember reading an article on him, where his parents said they had a shed load of football boots from Beckham, Gerrard, Owen, Rooney, etc., in the hope of getting him to sign for one of the big clubs. Funnily enough, he's an Everton fan whilst Jose Baxter at Everton is a Liverpool fan, both were massive prospects as kids and went to their rival clubs. Ha.

Anyway, Pepper is a very good player for his age, has a good range of passing, a very good short passing game, excellent shooting technique and a good engine. One of the only few players on the game who are

20/20 for left and right foot IIRC.

Did his determination grow due to him being trained by Stevie?

After 1.5 seasons on loan at Accrington and Hereford his stats grew a bit, now I withdrew him and will give him a proper tutoring and maybe a few senior appearances

Did his determination grow due to him being trained by Stevie?

After 1.5 seasons on loan at Accrington and Hereford his stats grew a bit, now I withdrew him and will give him a proper tutoring and maybe a few senior appearances

Yeah just keep tutoring him with Gerrard, and Masch, he become really good. U need a bit of luck with the pa though

He's excellent for me as England manager, once Stevie G and Lamps retire he makes an excellent replacement. Sadly in my save he's had no Human training so this is what the AI have created. I only wish I'd not let him go to Real Madrid, but such is life (plus i have the best Newgen AMC at Man Utd already, but sadly he's Ukrainian).

pepperq.th.jpg

Him & Delph in MC is a really good combination for years to come.

lfc7 they arent dont worry, we will make a legend out of him yet. my scouting will pay off for the future boss as benitez wont last much longer now. lets hope the new one gives the youth a chance namely, lauri dalla valle, danni pacheco and of course the main man himself PEPPERRRRRRRRRRRR

~~Stevie G~~

Syzz, Why not? Other teams have just thrown promising youngsters in to the mix, and thats how they've become great players. I don't think Rafa really has any sense at all about the youth.

Its just not as easy as it is in FM, and Saying Benitez has no sense is just stupid. He has played Insua from the start of the season, N'gog is getting his chances here and there, and Babel was getting games on the left. But he just aint progressing. Also he has given Spearing, Darby, Kelly, Pacheco games over the past months, but young players need to be brought slowly. Freddy Adu got hyped up when he was 15 and where is he now?

Archived