Bored of the Press Conferences

i understand sending your assistant to them all, but shurly you want to go to the 1st 1 after being appointed manager.

for 1) the fans would expect it, 2) the press would expect it & finaly... the chairman would expect it.

I don`t reall ytrust the astm to do it.

Well, you don't have much choice. If you don't mind not having an asst mgr, either sack him or make him a coach, then go on holiday (set to 1 day) at every press conference. It will go unattended.

The thing with this game is that everything hangs together in some way. The press conferences are a part of the gameplay and has significant impact on important stuff. By disabling them you would probably get a lot of consequences throughout the game.

So? Lots of things are realistic, like getting flu or sacking the tea lady. Do they need inclusion? Its a needless "fetch quest" that really should be optional.

Getting flu is in the game, as far as players go. Sacking the tea lady isn't the manager's job IRL.

Getting flu is in the game, as far as players go. Sacking the tea lady isn't the manager's job IRL.

Fair enough, how about a sub-game where you have to drive to work and hunt around for a parking space? You could even include the Congestion Charge for London clubs.

I think people are too easily bored in this day and age.

I'll grant people that press conferences could use some work, but I don't find them excessively repetitive. I think most include the sort of questions a manager would be asked.

I think one major point that would make them easier to get along with is if they included more links to information and stat boxes. I do find that I often have to go searching for information when I would just like to see it presented to me on the press conference screen, or to be given a handy link straight to the information.

The best example of the above is when you are asked about dodgy in match decisions. You manually have to go to your fixtures screen and on to the match to view the incident.

I gues sthere could be a counter argument to what I say. Would the manager have access to these in a real press conference situation?

Fair enough, how about a sub-game where you have to drive to work and hunt around for a parking space? You could even include the Congestion Charge for London clubs.

You can't be bothered to do a press conference for two minutes but you want to have to drive to every match? I think you need to get your motives straight...

The congestion charge probably is included in the finances when you have an away game in London...

You can't be bothered to do a press conference for two minutes but you want to have to drive to every match? I think you need to get your motives straight...

The congestion charge probably is included in the finances when you have an away game in London...

I think he may have been more than a little sarcastic in that post.

I agree that the press conferences get a little repetitive, especially with the

-Strongly agree

-Agree

-Neither Agree nor disagree

-Disagree

-Strongly disagree

format.

lol. I wasn`t being serious.

My Ass.Man is doind all the press conferences. Sick and tired of them. They probably would've been more exciting if the questions and answers were a bit more creative. A lot more varied questions and answers would certainly help my interest in attending press conferences.

Anyone else? I want to see an option to not attend, that can be permanantly ticked. These things feel like a chore and I don`t reall ytrust the astm to do it. :\

Hehe. I was bored of them in 2007 .. lets be honest. If they are only just getting to you now and not when they were a hell of a lot less irritating as 'media', they've had a good run and S.I. have got their money's worth out this amazing not-so-new feature.

:thup:

i now go to all my press meetings because my ass manager sammy lee reckons man u are a certanty to win the league...depsite liverpool being just one point below them with 10 games remaining. aye aye aye assistant managers always stiring trouble!

alex ferguson " i'm bored of press conferences, get rid of them" but alex you're on 150k per week

" i don't care i'm not doing them"

do you want to play as a manager or just a ball boy?

but in theory i'd like to see better questions and not pathetic answers

but don't get rid of conferences and maybe have a big player conference?

alex ferguson " i'm bored of press conferences, get rid of them" but alex you're on 150k per week

Smart enough, you give me 150k a week then.

Whatever yoiu may think about this games realism, it remains a GAME. Its primary purpose is to entertain. This is not entertaining.

but ferguson actually does that with the bbc! yes theres reasons because they picked on his son but he still says that when they ask him to do a interview ;)

but ferguson actually does that with the bbc! yes theres reasons because they picked on his son but he still says that when they ask him to do a interview ;)

Well in fairness they did conduct a perfectly legitimate investigation into his black balling of young players who refused to sign up with his son's player management agency .. so imho any residual ill-will is entirely his problem. :D

But he get's his assistant to do them for him which the OP does not want to do here. :D

The press conferences are the only thing I don't really like about the game this year. I remember when there was no media stuff like this in the game at all and people kept crying out for it every year. I said back then unless there was literally 100's of responses to give to each question then it would be a complete waste of time - and it would probably be impossible to code this. I hate the repetitive nature of it all, doing the same thing over and over again. The other problem is your players still often react in a nonsensical way to your answers. I'm in league 1 and I lose 2-1 to a PL team in cup to a last minute goal.... I say i'm proud of the spirit displayed - they are all unhappy with that ? what? A player scores 4 goals and gets an assist - I tell the press i'm delighted and he thinks he doesn't need to do much to get my praise ? what ??

The whole media module needs removing completely or TOTALLY changing. I would love an option to disable it.

Thats my problem with it also. I took a press conference after my Leeds team lost 2-0 away to Bolton in the League Cup. The question was:

Are you dissapointed to be out of the competition?

Now, I should be able to say, "yes, but I think we did brilliantly away at premier league opponants and I`m proud of my players"

But you can`t. I answered that I was "slightly dissappointed"

I was asked the same question twice more because i "appeared indesicive"

How bizarre ! the game I was referring to was me (as Leeds) away to Bolton in the League Cup!

I won the JPT and got asked if this was the one of the most historic victories for the club or some such.... I said I strongly disagreed and everyone went mad ! My ass man does them now.

Little suggestion for anyone complaining about the boring, repetitive questioning in the Press Conferences.

Attend a few real ones.

IRL, the questions are repetitive too. I'm sure that the managers find them a chore too - so realism prevails.

Best username I've seen on the forum mate. Nice. :D:thup:

Little suggestion for anyone complaining about the boring, repetitive questioning in the Press Conferences.

Attend a few real ones.

IRL, the questions are repetitive too. I'm sure that the managers find them a chore too - so realism prevails.

Well yeah, but at least they can actually say what they want to say rather than "I strongly agree with that question!"

It might have been more entertaining if the tabloids twisted your words and made up news stories or something :D

Yes, but you would need to option to interact with your players more concerning what the media said. I remember in FM08, you would be asked about a penalty and if you responded.

"I`m not happy about it, but I can take it on the chin" It got reported as "You grudgingly admit that the officials may have got it right" Which would alwasy make some players unhappy. You need to be able to then explain to the players what you actually said and meant.

Yeah they are boring, but its more boring when your teams morale is destroyed because you leave your donut of an Ass Man to do it for you and he states that your closest rivals will infact be winning the league this year.

Idiot.

The press sonferences for me are now getting repetitive with the same questions being asked over and over again. Would like to see something different added, getting boring to be honest. But can't say this little thing is ruining the game for me sometimes i either send my assistant or just before big games i attend in the hope it boosts the sqaud.

TBH im more bored with people starting threads saying bored of press conferences. Its not hard to do a search and post your feelings to a thread that has already been made.

Its also not hard to not read threads which obviously talk about something you find boring. What is even easier is not posting in said threads. Thanks for your time though.

Just to re-state. I just lost 2-1 to Spurs in the 5th round of the FA Cup. I was asked how I felt and responded that I thought the team had done ok. In fairness they did and lost to a 89th minute goal.

Now five players are unhappy with this comment. Why? What is the point of this as I cannot tell the players why I was not unhapppy with them?

Feature needs removing.

i think press conferences were a good idea, but theyve been put together very shoddily and very lazily

they often dont make sense and dont give you the option to properly reflect your opinion

at the moment theyre just a tedious chore and add no sense of enjoyment to the game

Archived