Cheating..?

Fart

It amuses me to see how many people come on here to find tactics and players to make themselves successful on FM09 and previous versions.

Then claim to be good managers because someone elses tactics and player suggestions is infact the main reason as to why they have won the league etc etc etc.

Now surely this has to be considered cheating and is no better than restarting your game each time you lose, until you win.

Yet they don't seem to think so :confused:

If you do this, then for me it takes the fun out of experimenting with formations until you find a half decent one that works for your team and also you are not making full use of your scouting networks. Which in turn makes playing the game pointless.

Depends how pedantic you are really! I just look at people who do this as a manager in the style of Sven Goran Eriksson. At Man City, he had his scouts out finding the players, similar to looking in GPTG and he never really got involved in the behind the scenes/training, so downloding a tactic is a bit like getting your assistant to do it!

So, you saying that you have never seen a player mentioned in the press IRL or on forums as being good then thought 'hmm i will see what he is like on FM' and Lo and behold!!! He is awesome, thanks john motson for that one!"!!!11111oneoneelevenone11111shift+1111

?

Nothing wrong with players downloading each others tactics. The irritating thing for me is that tactical discussion in the tactics forum is gone. it's full of "I have a great tactic, test it out for me... Oh and later on you'll find out I am Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U" etc...

Its so poor its laughable :D

I understand what you mean, however, couldn't it relate to a real life situation?

Maybe some pooey manager could copy Sir Alex Fergusons formation? Maybe managers could read the newspaper and look at transfer rumours to find a decent player? In my opinion I think it's just normal :)

how many teams have tryed to copy brazils attacking play or the great sides of liverpool in the 70's and 80's or man u in the 90's how many managers have tryed to play similar football to arsenal.

managers will always look at using ideas from other teams past or present thats always been the case some managers in lower leagues attend premier league clubs training sessions. so i dont really see this method as cheating. i prefer to use my own tactics although im not so good with the training so i have used other peoples training shcedules before and dont feel one bit guilty of doing so.

It amuses me to see how many people come on here to find tactics and players to make themselves successful on FM09 and previous versions.

Then claim to be good managers because someone elses tactics and player suggestions is infact the main reason as to why they have won the league etc etc etc.

Now surely this has to be considered cheating and is no better than restarting your game each time you lose, until you win.

If you do this, then for me it takes the fun out of experimenting with formations until you find a half decent one that works for your team and also you are not making full use of your scouting networks. Which in turn makes playing the game pointless.

To be honest, I don't give a monkey's what your judgmental opinion is of how I play the game. Actually I was a die-hard LLaMa for many years until a few months ago, half-way through my FM08 career. Then I discovered the joy of editors. I love souping up a team to challenge the world rather than spend 6 years in the basement. What I DON'T do is come on this forum and claim to be a great manager. I also never re-start a game if I lose. I play the game how I like, with my own set of principles that give me immense gaming satisfaction, as do plenty of other FM addicts who play differently to you.

It's not cheating, but maybe a little self-delusional. I enjoy the challenge, so I don't download tactics, but I read what the guys in the tactics forums have to say. If someone (friends who also play the game and find him) mentions a player I'll take a look to see whether he is also good in my game and things like that, but nothing else.

It amuses me that you think anyone cares what you think.

It's a game, get over it! It amuses me that you are so self righteous that you think that your way of doing things is the only right way! So you don't think that David Moyes may have spoken to Fergie before taking Louis Saha or Phil Neville or that Steve Bruce hasn't asked him about tactics! Live in the real world!

How can someone playing a game in a way that gives them enjoyment be pointless?

What's pointless is people who actually care how people who they will never meet or never play against actually choose to play a game.

At the end of the day, who cares? They bought the game with their hard earned money and if they want to cheat it is up to them.

I used to do it all the time when I was younger but soon lost the enjoyment in the game, now I never ever do it, it makes it more of a challenge and more enjoyable when you finally win that elusive treble.

I think if someone pays for the game then it is up to them how they play it. I dont care if someone gives themselves £400 million as manager of AFC Telford and then brags about getting them promoted it just doesnt matter in anyway at all. I and many other download tactics as some of us want to dive in and get going on the game not spend hours perfecting every little slider. I often download the tactic and like many people end up tweaking it to suit my team.

As for looking in the good players forum this is just other managers sharing information, if you think that doesnt happen in real life there is something wrong with you.

There are always stories of managers asking more experienced gaffers for tips, (Adams said he used Fergie for this) I take it this is also cheating? I see the community as an extended back room staff to be honest. Whilst i don't download tactics i will take advice from members.

taking someones tactic for yourself.

That just doesn't make sense. As it's been suggested previously, IRL managers will talk to each other about tactics, formations and players so are you suggesting that they are all cheating? So I also presume that in every other area of life you never take on board other peoples suggestions and adapt them to your own liking?

I've not downloaded a tactic, gone to the good players forum, or used an editor. I just...play

It's more fun winning that way when I know I've done it myself...or got lucky

Someone would have originally come up with 4-4-2, so in a sense all managers are cheating.

4-4-2 is just a logical structure to a team of 10 outfield players. It's not the hardest thing to come up with

The distinction worth making here is there's a difference between making a tactic based on something you've seen (your favourite team's tactics for example) and downloading a tactic that someone else has made for you. It's not cheating in the same manner as using FMM or a scouting program, but it's not the kind of thing I'd do.

I don't have a problem with people doing it by the way, just find it annoying if someone comes on the forums and boasts about success in this fashion

Well im playing fm 2006 and the only things i have downloaded are the patches i like searching for my own players and devising my own tactics and im playing as barnet the worst team in the league in fm2006 if my coaches were to be believed. I spend a long time searching for players and i fully manage my reserves and youth teams. I have been playing since february this year and watch all my games in extended highlights I am just at the start of my 4th season with barnet in the championship P9 W0 D7 L2 so far, its slow slow progress but i wouldnt want to play as liverpool the team i support and buy all the 'right' players and use the 'right' tactics that would take away a lot of the fun for me. My best player is pongolle (the former liverpool striker) who i managed to grab on a free transfer i have players like jeff whitely and bouzza playing for me as well, plus a whole bunch of other players i have never heard of in real life quite a lot of them are playing in scotland in real life people like simon mensing.

This past few days is the first time I've been on these forums for a good while. I'm 5 seasons in with Leeds and I am pleased to see that people's 'star player' and 'wonderkids' are the players I have signed.

However Marek Hamsik came up on a wonderkid list but he wasn't good enough (when at full ability) to get into a newly promoted (to the Premiership) Leeds United side.

I can understand what you mean about people making out to be good managers but I wouldn't recommend Hamsik to anyone but it seems like a lot of other people would. So people who in your view are cheating may just get what they deserve if on their game a 'star player' is a flop!

I don't consider it cheating. in RL, you get a lot of help of your assistents and players wo make remarks about the tactics.

You should consider signing every player you have heard of on forums also as cheating then. Even players you signed because they turned out great in other careers.

If people don't want teir tactics to be used, they don't have to upload them. but a big deal of the community would dissapear.

I see there is only a problem if you claim to have succes with your own-designed tactic when it was someone's else.

I'm sick to death of idiots like yourself complaining about cheating. Why does it bother you if people cheat or not, it doesn't affect you? It is only a computer game so does not matter if you cheat or not. Computer games are about getting fun out of them and if some people get more fun out of cheating then that is up to them. I cheat, all the time in fact, as this game has gone so downhill that it's the only way I get any fun out of it. I always give myself a load of cash and imagine a Man City situation. It makes me feel really good buying any player I wish. I try to play without cheating but it just bores the ***** out of me.

Archived