Torres Negotiation - Possibly the Highest Requested Transfer Fee Ever In FM!!

AJ1

I put in a bit of £110m for Torres, I have not used the editor, and have earned all of my transfer budget through the sale of players, Berbatov for £30m to Arsenal for example and City have paid stupid amounts for Carrick and a few others.

So im sitting here with £125m in transfer fees, and i offer £110m for torres. Liverpool reply with the following negotation, it is absolutely INSANE!, i dont even know if the game is working this out right, coz its just too much money lol!

torresnegotationdetailgi6.th.jpg

City makes it too easy to have excess transfer funds for your team. Hope this is tweaked abit in the next patch.

About Torres, think L'pool just don't want to sell him. Can't say its a bug. Tho you can argue no team in real life would turn down 100+mil for a player, but then again you can also argue that no team in real life would bid 100+mil for a player in the first place (so far anyways) :D

i was quite shocked when liverpool came back and negotiated to be honest, but having said that, wanting that kind of money is just insane!

i cannot believe it, his value in the game is £35m with Liverpool requesting a free of £214m thats a 74.9% increase!

i was quite shocked when liverpool came back and negotiated to be honest, but having said that, wanting that kind of money is just insane!

i cannot believe it, his value in the game is £35m with Liverpool requesting a free of £214m thats a 74.9% increase!

ummmm

no it isn't. :D

You are very wrong :)

i just spent all of my £125m on Silva (80m) Camacho (20m) Javi Martinez (20m)

bit high isnt it i got silva for £37 million and even got messi for just £43.5 million in 2nd season though only reason i got messi was for some reason in 2nd season he had a release of that amount so i snapped him up fast and offered massive wage

but no player is worth 100 million or even 75 million that insane amount for any one player

What if with Torres, Man Utd win the premiership and Liverpool slide down the table slightly. That could cost them a lot of money.

Isn't this what we do as managers when a team offers a lot of money for a player we want to sell? Demand a ridiculous amount of money that you a. know they probably won't accept b. if they do accept you'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

Well every player has his price. It just appears Torres price is higher than most which is to be expected. :D

I must have artificial intelligence then ;)

When a club makes a big bid for a player I don't wish to sell, but he says he wants to negotiate, to keep him placated I fire back with an absurd total, just like your Liverpool has done. That way they drop out and the player can't accuse me of refusing to let him go (though he usually moans anyway).

Those values are normal. I've seen them many times, when offering to buy top players of top teams. Try to get Adebayor or Fabregas, for example, the same thing will happen. This just means:

1. That the player is basically not for sale.

2. Despite #1 above, Liverpool might still sell him but at a very, very high amount.

3. But... the fact that you're a rival club inflates the price a LOT.

try negoatiating for Gareth Bale :O

I ended up putting a 95Mil deal together for Bale but it was SO worth it! He's a freekick demon!

I got him at the start of the game and he was a LOT cheaper.

Didn't knew about the "freekick" thing, though. Will try to remember that and place him in freekick duty.

I put in a bit of £110m for Torres, I have not used the editor, and have earned all of my transfer budget through the sale of players, Berbatov for £30m to Arsenal for example and City have paid stupid amounts for Carrick and a few others.

So im sitting here with £125m in transfer fees, and i offer £110m for torres. Liverpool reply with the following negotation, it is absolutely INSANE!, i dont even know if the game is working this out right, coz its just too much money lol!

torresnegotationdetailgi6.th.jpg

He may quite possible have a minimum release clause in his contract that will not allow him to move for any less that amount.

hm, Man Utd wanted 7 400 000 000 CZK for gay C.Ronaldo...I think it is more then for Torres in GBP

t_gejm_2ea266e.png

7,400,000,000.00 CZK = 265,567,029.45 GBP

Czech Republic Koruny United Kingdom Pounds

1 CZK = 0.0358874 GBP 1 GBP = 27.8649 CZK

As of 19/12/08

Just used a naughty utility I found via the editor's forum to find out the true selling prices of players. The top ones like Messi are over 100M. I was actually after Woodgate and Spurs want 32M!!!!

But I'm not one to complain - as I've said, I see it as the clubs' way of saying NO WAY. Fair enough, I have to seek out more affordable targets

And yeh, 32M for Cripplegate at his age??????

There is some serious AI illogic though; Barca bought Nani for 13.75 and won't sell him for less than 110M. His mimimum release fee is 31M!

Just used a naughty utility I found via the editor's forum to find out the true selling prices of players. The top ones like Messi are over 100M. I was actually after Woodgate and Spurs want 32M!!!!

But I'm not one to complain - as I've said, I see it as the clubs' way of saying NO WAY. Fair enough, I have to seek out more affordable targets

And yeh, 32M for Cripplegate at his age??????

There is some serious AI illogic though; Barca bought Nani for 13.75 and won't sell him for less than 110M. His mimimum release fee is 31M!

Mate it's well documented that the sale values in all the various editiors are incorrect. They are fluid so impossible to find these out. You can try it out yourself by say bidding for a high value player with a lowish 'editor sale value'.

Archived