Whats Wrong With The Current Patch?

I actually agree with the OP. I am loving this version. Sure it could do with a few tweaks here and there - but nothing is stopping my enjoyment of this version. I will actually wait a few days from the patch being released to installing it as I dont want to ruin what is a brilliant game for me - im having the most fun ive had with a game since 01/02

I actually agree with the OP. I am loving this version. Sure it could do with a few tweaks here and there - but nothing is stopping my enjoyment of this version. I will actually wait a few days from the patch being released to installing it as I dont want to ruin what is a brilliant game for me - im having the most fun ive had with a game since 01/02

Excellent!

How about those who want to play in Italy or Poland?

Excellent!

How about those who want to play in Italy or Poland?

I dont get your point?

He OP asked whats wrong with the current version and I said - for me - absolutely nothing.

sure for OTHER people it has some (severe) issues - and i hope the patch fixes it for them - but as i said, ill wait a few days before installing it as I dont want to ruin, what for me, is a fantastic career game.

I dont get your point?

He OP asked whats wrong with the current version and I said - for me - absolutely nothing.

sure for OTHER people it has some (severe) issues - and i hope the patch fixes it for them - but as i said, ill wait a few days before installing it as I dont want to ruin, what for me, is a fantastic career game.

Patch's are save-game compatible.

Patch's are save-game compatible.

Yup - I know that.

Patches can ALSO produce issues which I would like everyone else to beta test before i install.

IF the game currently doesnt work for them, then anything is an improvement. IT currently works very nicely for me, so i dont want to 'rock the boat' so to speak.

One thing I've been guilty of in the past is assuming everything is okay because I've personally not had a problem. Lately, I've been getting more and more annoyed with all the problems in the game. They're relatively small, to the point that I can still play the game and enjoy it. But when you add them together, it becomes one big ball of irritation.

My advice is don't assume there's nothing to complain about just because you're happy with the game.

One thing I've been guilty of in the past is assuming everything is okay because I've personally not had a problem. Lately, I've been getting more and more annoyed with all the problems in the game. They're relatively small, to the point that I can still play the game and enjoy it. But when you add them together, it becomes one big ball of irritation.

My advice is don't assume there's nothing to complain about just because you're happy with the game.

Indeed,I had a bad start with FM09 but after trying and trying I got a good tactic and thought for a bit "man some of the guys were right not much wrong with this game"but then I started get 1 small problem after another it got pretty fustrating and then came to the Serie C bug on Monday,now just awaiting the patch.

The thing that's getting my goat the most right now is strikers not scoring. I've been open to the idea that it's a tactical thing, but that just creates more problems. How am I supposed to find a tactic that makes my strikers my most potent goal threat? I've tried tonnes of different combinations and mentalities. I'm sure the answer is tactical, but my point is that finding a tactic to get rid of the problem is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack in a dark room with a blindfold on.

The thing that's getting my goat the most right now is strikers not scoring. I've been open to the idea that it's a tactical thing, but that just creates more problems. How am I supposed to find a tactic that makes my strikers my most potent goal threat? I've tried tonnes of different combinations and mentalities. I'm sure the answer is tactical, but my point is that finding a tactic to get rid of the problem is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack in a dark room with a blindfold on.

.... with no hands!!:D

IMO the current patch is great and i love it so why is everyone moaning?

For me the patch is working ok but there is definately a need for a second patch as their are still many bugs that need to be ironed out, game may be playable now but trust me, without a second patch the game will become frustrating very quickly.

Agreed was hoping to buy a good young striker for a base premier club like fullham or someone like that and keep them for as long as I could so they could become the club record goal scorer of all time, but alas I think it's more likely Jimmy bullard playing in central midfield will achieve more goals than him in 2-3 seasons than he could in a career!

Ok guys, I'm Newcastle and in basic 4-4-2 I have a 30 a season man... up front... admittedly I did buy him after Owen and Martins managed a combined total of 5 goals in the first half of a season, and every other striker I bought has been a complete flop bar friendlies but still... for 12.5m I'm quite proud... and I only bought him for sentimental value - in FM07 he was my alltime top scorer for York City, scoring 30 a season well into his mid 30s. And trust me, the rest of my team sucks badly :p I'm guessing it may be something to do with his historical FM wonderboy status lol

Fernando Cavenaghi

edit, I knew it was Martins not N'Zogbia... honest :p

What annoys me atm is when I praise players and they have a positive reaction AND a negative reaction so its pretty hard to get on their favoured peronalle list, I just dont praise players anymore. Used to heaps in FM08 to motivate them

1. No Ass Man feedback.

2. Certain leagues not working at all.

3. Graphical errors on 2D match highlights.

4. Graphical errors on 3D match highlights.

5. 3D highlights stutering.

6. Graphical errors on change of tactical instructions during game.

7. Young Arsenal players developing outrageous phyical ability that gives the team an unrealistic advantage in the game in the way that individual cheat players have existed in previous issues.

8. Long punts downfield being far too effective, even against decent defenders and GK's.

9. Long shots being attempted far too often, (even by players who have poor long shot ability and who are told to not take long shots.

10. Players who are not good at long shots scoring too many screamers, relative to their long shot ability.

11. Shots hitting the woodwork about 300% (that's a guess) more often than I would expect.

12. Player faces turning into football playing hair-pieces.

13. High reputation players retiring at the top too often rather than drop down the leagues to continue their career.

14. FRED's generated with physical ability that allow them to play at a decent level immediately.

15. GK's cannot save pens that are not hit straight at them.

16. Far far far too many own goals.

17. Penalties being awarded far too often when it appears that both dots are clearly outside the penalty area. This isn't a ref error, this is a location on the pitch error.

That's just stuff that I have noticed off the top of my head.

18.Top Strikers forgetting how to score goals way to often.

19.Serie C bug.

20.Teams having to play 4 games in 7 days,once on this forum a poster proving playing 2 games in 2 days.

21.Length of injuries average's 2 months,no player seems to be out just for a few days or even a week.

I am sure there are more..

Have they found out what is causing the Italy C bug?

I am stuck on it atm and I know quite a few are but others say they are not,is there a reason for it,maybe if you have C1 or C2 running but you are not playing in Italy or is it a random bug,which I find a bit strange as we are all running the same FM game.

Archived