FA CUP drawings are not random

I wanted to see if the drawings are random or not... I saved the game day before the drawing and then reload to see the drawings and what team will i play against... I did this about 30 times... and out of 16 teams i kept getting the same 4 teams.. all were form the top 1/2 of the Ekstraklasa(Poland), i`m in 1st league(Poland). There are other 3 teams from 1st league and there is no way i can draw them. Somehow i keep getting the same 4 teams no matter how many times i reload and draw again... So i see this it not really a random drawing.. sucks since it should be random and i should be able to play weak teams also not as the computer assigned 4 strong teams form Ekstraklasa , which means i will most likely lose. Why isnt it RANDOM DRAWING as in real life? Was it the same in the previous versions?

haha, every cup so far, league and FA. newcastle have been drawn at home to sunderland in the final tie of the first round that the premier league teams enter. my middlesbrough team has always been drawn against a team from a lower league unless only premier league teams are left.

It's a known issue i believe. In the english cups they pair you against local opposition almost every time.

I'm pretty sure that's what's meant to happen in real life for the qualifying rounds etc, this saves the cost of the lower league clubs so they don't have to travel all over the country to play a FA Cup game. When it gets into the proper rounds, I think that idea goes out the window however.

I'm pretty sure that's what's meant to happen in real life for the qualifying rounds etc, this saves the cost of the lower league clubs so they don't have to travel all over the country to play a FA Cup game. When it gets into the proper rounds, I think that idea goes out the window however.

In the old days, yes. Now, only in the qualifying rounds, I think. Didn't Blyth Spartans just travel down to Bournemouth for a tie?

This was the bug that one of the testing team insisted couldn't possibly exist because he'd personally tested it eight billion trillion gazillion times? :rolleyes:

When you know a little bit more about testing procedures, then you can comment sarcastically. :thup:

I'll comment on whatever I like (sarcastically or otherwise) within the rules, if you don't mind. :thup:

Perhaps the misplaced sarcasm/arrogance rested with the (nameless, for charitable reasons) tester who posted this:

It is the case. I personally tested them myself. The draws follow the rules of each competition, and each draw is random and unrelated to any of the forum claims. Some of them are:

1) I always get drawn against my next opposition!

2) I always get drawn against the best teams available from the draw!

3) I always get drawn against local teams!

None have been true.

Everyone has a right to get egg on their face once in a while, of course, but sadly this attitude isn't confined to this issue.

Archived