Transfers. (No means NO!

i've read that people have had a problem with this....however i haven't

but then again there aren't that many fulham players who are on high demand:)

the only enquiery that i have had was for clint dempsey and i sold him to stoke for £3.2 mill

so a good sale :D

I have. I was trying to stop a bigger club offering me tiny amounts for my English international centre mid who wouldn't get in their first team any way. I rejected offers, and increased the asking price, and they kept coming back with higher offers. My player said he'd like a move to them, got really unsettled, I even signed a replacement. However, by the time they'd stumped up the cash, a decent winger came to their attention and they signed him instead. Everyone's better off except my player and the replacement.

My name is Martin O'Neill.

I have. I was trying to stop a bigger club offering me tiny amounts for my English international centre mid who wouldn't get in their first team any way. I rejected offers, and increased the asking price, and they kept coming back with higher offers. My player said he'd like a move to them, got really unsettled, I even signed a replacement. However, by the time they'd stumped up the cash, a decent winger came to their attention and they signed him instead. Everyone's better off except my player and the replacement.

Tiny amounts? :D

Yeah I've experienced this for years but it never seems to go away. :( Some clubs just keeps coming back gazillion times during the transfer window to either loan or buy the same players. I guess the only good thing about 09 compared to before is that players don't get mad at you and wanting away when you reject offers, at least this hasn't happend to me yet. Seriously they should add the option to report clubs for trying to unsettle your players. ;)

Clever sarcasm, however do you really think Villa got pestered with the exact same offers daily? In 2008 I had a case where in the last few days of the window there was an exact same bid for one of my players every single time I clicked continue, about 3 or 4 times a day. This is not even remotely like the negotiation process that happens in real life.

I had the same problem with Tevez, but even when I said i wanted £20m they still carried on bidding at £13m and everytime I said no the next day they would make another £13m bid.

After about 5 times I just said to reject all bids, but I got a bid for him for £13m everyday until the transfer deadline day.

The worst thing about the constant spamming of offers is that it unsettles the players and there's nothing we as a manager can do about it. When told no, the offers hardly if ever improves either, so it's a terrible situation to be in, and it's not realistic.

Assuming it hasn't changed since FM08 AI clubs pretty much always set a deadline of 1 week on their bids (unless it is on or very near deadline day) so if you just ignore the bid you get 7 quiet days until you are forced to respond, at which point I think you can ask to delay the bid which gives you another couple of days, then reject the bid after that. Then do the same thing the next time and the end of the transfer window will soon come around. Alternatively I have once accepted a bid and then kept delaying the transfer until the end of the window or until the other club pulls out of the deal. If the deal is stil on the table on deadline day I just cancel it.

I suspect most people are like me though in practical cases, in that you just respond immediately to every bid with either an accept or reject (unless you would consider selling the player, but want to line up a replacement first) so the other club can then come back again the following day witha bid.

Despite my comment in the first paragraph that makes perfect sense I have almost never done this myself because I just seem to be obsessed with responding immediately to every bid and rejecting bids for my key players out of hand!

I have had the constant request from opposition teams to loan one of my starting players, but as far as I remember, setting their transfer and/or (whatever the scenario) loan status to not available usually did the trick.

Maybe I was lucky, but it usually works if my memory serves me right.

Very Funny. I offered what he is worth. I also enjoyed talking to the press everyday about how happy I would be when he signed. The winger was a holiday purchase - We've all done it. Had two weeks in Marbella and had to bring home something local to show everyone.

My Name is Rafa Benitez

i immediatly give micheal owen a new contract and even after that i get bombarded with stupid 2-3 million transfer fee requests, highest i had was for 4m from spurs. But come on! As if anyone is going to sell micheal owen for that paltry amount of money when hes on a 4 year contract.

Archived