Ok offline Users

Lawl but how does that restirct that one code for one computer ???? if that computer has no acess to the internet well that means that code could get used on multiple computers am i right ??? i don't know no need to get all weird lawl and i've just moved house so i have no phone or internet acess xD

Okay How are offline users supposed to play FM 09 when the boxed version comes out?? you need to verify your code so how do people with no online and no phone play FM ????

I would imagine you could do it by post also, like the good old days! TBH the chances of not having internet, home phone or a mobile phone and also not knowing anyone that will let you use theirs are pretty slim! I see your point though, I think its a tad unneccesary that every single copy has to be verified!

A better way perhaps would be to still allow play with the cd in the drive, but then have an option of verifying it so you can recieve auto updates IMO

PS, I forgot about phone boxes

Yes Lawl does mean lol it was a thing i got used to typing and i use that instead sorry guys no i can get on the internet at my mates and stuff just i have no home phone or internet at the moment and want to play Fm lawl and does anyone know if you can just play FM09 with just text commentary ???

Yes Lawl does mean lol it was a thing i got used to typing and i use that instead sorry guys no i can get on the internet at my mates and stuff just i have no home phone or internet at the moment and want to play Fm lawl and does anyone know if you can just play FM09 with just text commentary ???

Yes you can :)

I would imagine you could do it by post also, like the good old days! TBH the chances of not having internet, home phone or a mobile phone and also not knowing anyone that will let you use theirs are pretty slim! I see your point though, I think its a tad unneccesary that every single copy has to be verified!

A better way perhaps would be to still allow play with the cd in the drive, but then have an option of verifying it so you can recieve auto updates IMO

PS, I forgot about phone boxes

Would you suggest only 75% need the verification? :rolleyes:

i dont like the idea of having to spend more money on a phone call to get permission to play the game, luckily thats not the case for me but it would have been last year.

It's toll free (I think).

Yeah but somone answer this lawl if theres 5 codes with the boxed version okay then if somone say phones up gets it verfied then how does that code get restricted to one computer if that one computer is offline xD sorry for the bad question xD

You'll only find that out when you try it unsuccesfully;)

Okay How are offline users supposed to play FM 09 when the boxed version comes out?? you need to verify your code so how do people with no online and no phone play FM ????

cmon now i could understand if someone got no internet connection but a no phone???we have 2008 not 10.000 bc.

Guest mikeytwigge
Dude i have no phone and no internet just now "I have moved house " lawl im still waiting on my internet and service provider installing it and there visiting on the 21st lawl so im stuck intill then so till the 21st i live in 10.000 Bc okay :D

go to the phonebox then

Am i making no sense probley :D but i was saying "I go to phone box Phone the Number ring ring ok the codes verified" BUT..... my computers offline so how can the code reconize only one computer if the computer im using is offline what stops me from using the code on 30 offline computers lawl xD

Guest mikeytwigge
Am i making no sense probley :D but i was saying "I go to phone box Phone the Number ring ring ok the codes verified" BUT..... my computers offline so how can the code reconize only one computer if the computer im using is offline what stops me from using the code on 30 offline computers lawl xD

because once the code has been used that code then becomes void. everyone has a different code

because once the code has been used that code then becomes void. everyone has a different code

So I put it one this PC on Nov 14th verify the code and play. I buy a new PC just before Christmas and install it on that, I cant verify and play ?????

Well I hope it says on the box that you need an internet connection or phone to play this game.

Even if it does...come on guys, why do you have to do this? The uproar it has caused for other games and its overall effect on piracy - not worth it.

how can it become void if the computer is offline =S and how would SI get that code to only work on one computer they have no acsess to your home/offline computer so its impossible to make it void

Im not sure how they are goping to be able to limit it to one compute rover the phone either, They said registration takes about 5 mins over the phone so you have to be giving them some details, how can they verify them? Whats to stop someone phoning up to register it to one computer then phoning again with same details but putting it on his mates computer and saying its his office PC, or his LAN PC. Unless there is software imbedded in the game to send details somewhere if a computer goes online (For instance to play a mulitplayer game over IP)

Thats **** i can't play Fm 09 this year :@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Well, You could just use a mobile phone, or phone box as has been suggested. Or wait til the 21st when you have got your internet and phone line installed. Could use a friends telephone. Unless the phone line activation is linked to your house number

Actually thinking about it, It will be similar to Nortons phone activation, so you probably wont be able to use a phone box. U ring they give you a code, You type it into FM, then FM gives you antoher code to give back to the phone then its authenticated. Which would mean Bit of a pain in the Arse if your computer is in another room to your phone (no biggy tho) Not so easy if you wanna use a phone box though :)

lawl, I'm not sure how the activation works, lawl. Why dont you, lawl, post this problem in the, lawl, Demo and System Specs thread, lawl? I think the activation info is in there, you may get an answer in there.

You clearly have access to internet to be on here????

If anything, I'd be the husband :mad:

You can take turns. lawl.

I'm sure everyone could at least borrow a phone, it'd be harsh if none of your mates would give you theirs for five minutes.

One thing about being offline - you can't patch the game? Could be a problem for some?

You can take turns. lawl.

I'm sure everyone could at least borrow a phone, it'd be harsh if none of your mates would give you theirs for five minutes.

One thing about being offline - you can't patch the game? Could be a problem for some?

Those people might be unaware that a patch even exists. I was before I had the internet. And, whisper it quietly, I didn't notice a single bug 'til I signed up here.

If there's anyone out there who owns a computer good enough to play FM (even in 2D) and yet doesn't also have a phone, I'll ask Neji to marry me.

I used to live in accommodation with no phone or Internet, and my top op mobile would have been charged to ring even a toll-free number. I had quite a nice computer back then.

May I suggest you buy this - real classy.

I assume if you validate by phone, you get a code and enter that and you're able to play the game on that computer but I also assume that that code will validate that same CD on any number of computers because there's no way a check can be made (assuming it's not connected to the internet).

I'm just pleased I'll be playing it on the Mac. No need to worry, just keep the CD in all year as with every other version. All these anti-piracy measures are just spitting in the wind. They inconvenience the genuine user and, at most, initially delay the pirates by a day or two.

They would probably give you some sort of individual code from the PC box and you enter your OWN number thru PC (like counter strike) and everytime you uninstal, l it automatically knows it is your second install..............I dunno but it could be along those lines.

As long as it works and it does not harm my PC then i really don`t give a ****.................bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Well I wasn't even aware of this 5 install security measure till I read this thread. This is not good. I do not condone piracy but the more games and applications alienate their users the more I can see why piracy will grow.

Pay £25 - £30 for a game you can install 5 times and have to phone/register to be able to play the game you own or a pirate copy you do not have that trouble with??

Im going to really consider cancelling my preorder, this is bs.

Archived