Unrealistic time extensions, on purpose or fault?

I always thought judges give too much extra time. I spend this years tracking aproximate time judges add at the end of halftimes. If nothing special happened, it's 1-2 min. If something special did, it's barely over 4. However, during all past FM versions there's usually +3-4 at the halftime and + 3-4 even if the game ends 0:0 with no bookings or anything. Not to mention that in 50% case there was a winning or equalizing goal present.

However, on new FM9, on demo, extra time are absurd. Every second game is +6, +7, +8 minutes. SEVEN EIGHT minutes, I haven't seen than in my whole life nowhere. There is nearly never +1-3, lowest value being 3-4. Half time +3-4. >60% games with +4 end up with another goal, and I've seen plenty of double goals during extra time, eg, 90+5, 90+6. Lol.

So...um..how about fixing this? In my opinion it's really annoying to see +5 at the end and know they'll equalize.

Hm, for this, I never had complaints - about irl being too little. Game lasts 90 min, I only aprove extra time if there was a lot of breaks.

As for in game, yes, it could be just a calculating issue, in my opinion, the final sum should just be divided by 2 rounded down to the nearest 0 and it would be an appropriate extra time.

This apparently was something that people experienced in FM2008 as well although it never happened to me. I have to say though that I have had the 8 minutes extra time on a couple of occasions using the demo.

I was going to post about this.

One game; Arsenal v's Stoke 0 - 0 88min, +4 for injuries but the game didnt finish till 99.something minutes. There was two corners and two throws in injury time nothing else of note.

Also I made tactical changes on 88 mins but they didnt happen till about 98 mins. Can hardly be a tactical genius when it takes that long to apply. Maybe because I was watching in extended highlights.

Never ceases to amaze me how people fail to see the point.

Does it add to the tension? does it make you curse and grip your chair praying for the ball to go up the other end? does it have you praying it'll last long enough for you to equalise?

Doesn't need changing at all really does it?:D

Never ceases to amaze me how people fail to see the point.

Does it add to the tension? does it make you curse and grip your chair praying for the ball to go up the other end? does it have you praying it'll last long enough for you to equalise?

Doesn't need changing at all really does it?:D

surely the ultimate point is

IS IT REALISTIC?

no.

I've had this once. Playing as Arsenal against Spurs 2-1 up going into extra time. Ended up playing 99 minutes.

It certainly added to the tension but I'd rather not see this too often. But then again, I can't say I was pleased when we had to play 9 minutes ET at Hillsboro against Sheff Utd really. That added to the tension too :D

surely the ultimate point is

IS IT REALISTIC?

no.

I'm not sure how close to realistic it is tbh, they can of course run soak tests to determine that, it would be interesting to see actual numbers on it.

2,3,or 4 minutes is what I see most, usually (but not always) with an over run of around a minute.

I think the game does show more of added time to an extent if your winning compared to when your losing. But i guess its because more often than not the AI is better at creating good chances when they need them in the final minutes and we only get our tactics right to create more 50% of the time so i do feel a bit paranoid towards it a bit :p

come to Split (city in Croatia) when Hajduk-Dinamo play, 17min is an avarage stoppage time there :)

Yeah, because there's, like, 70 fauls, a fight, and a flare rain session.

If it was extended to 17 min (for the above guy), it doesn't make a regular game, it was obviously stopped for something to clear out. Unless you're talking about a fourth division 20th vs 19th place club in a local village terrain where the judge is also a priest, a shop seller, and a parturient.

I have a feeling it's because a lot of people play with the "waste time" slider up quite high, due to FM08 tactics practically requiring it to make your players pass sensibly. (This seems to have been fixed btw)

Ha ha, never ever could I apply that into my calculations because my slider is always all the way down - as fast as it can, time waste - rarely, and tempo - quick. :)

I'm not sure they ever do that, it seems to me the opponent will play as fast and aggressive as they can even if they're loosing 10-0, kinda like in PES xP

But seriously, I'm not sure if this applies (unless it's a problem in game script) because irl, abused time wasting leads to warnings and cartons, and nobody wants that. Unless you mean time wasting in game, like Hellas/Greece does. I didn't notice that, though...

Archived