Football Manager Decadence

This evening my daughter is staying with my parents and my other half is working, i'm sitting watching Futurama, drinking Magners and enjoying my longest FM session in at least 4 years. You might think this is pointless, but I wanted to celebrate :D It's a real blast from the past and I feel 16 again :)

Have any of the "older" members enjoyed a day of decadence in which they relive bygone days of FM decadence?

i kinda know what you mean, i always find myself reminiscing about the time carlos vela got 59 goals in 51 apps one season, and the world class regens you had (thomas bruns always springs to mind - natural mc, amc, st, and would score every single game without fail)

I have always felt that alcohol and FM do not mix well!!

I've seen a couple of "oh no i've buggered my 50year save game, because i was off my face on meths" type threads, so for some people they definitely don't mix :D

I tend to find deductive reasoning and judgement beyond me when i'm tipsy, so it would probably be best to leave FM alone lol.

It's weird. I'm jealous of Nomis's life, AND his evening!

I mean, I'm free to make my FM sessions as good as that whenever I play. But I don't. :(

And I don't have a wife or a daughter to lighten up life on this lonely rock we call Earth. :(

It's weird. I'm jealous of Nomis's life, AND his evening!

I mean, I'm free to make my FM sessions as good as that whenever I play. But I don't. :(

And I don't have a wife or a daughter to lighten up life on this lonely rock we call Earth. :(

For £10,000 you can have mine...

See, I find the opposite. I think I am normally way too cautious in the transfer market and I need alcohol to chill me out (sounds like the beginning of some kind of problem, doesn't it?).

I'll buy kids and mysterious foreign imports all day but when it comes to the stars and the really expensive players I am quite reluctant and that just isn't getting me anywhere in FM08. It seems really tough to build a top Premier League side without either using some Scout/Genie program, trawling the forums for bargains or just spending loads.

I think I am going to have to get boozed up on purpose for the next summer transfer window that comes around in my game...

This evening my daughter is staying with my parents and my other half is working, i'm sitting watching Futurama, drinking Magners and enjoying my longest FM session in at least 4 years. You might think this is pointless, but I wanted to celebrate :D It's a real blast from the past and I feel 16 again :)

Have any of the "older" members enjoyed a day of decadence in which they relive bygone days of FM decadence?

Yes, as a matter of fact I have (i'm almost 40!!) and every year I organise tow days with my best friend to play a whole weekend of FM, with beer, chips and pizza by our side we don't leave our chairs for 48 hours.

I Love It

Yes, as a matter of fact I have (i'm almost 40!!) and every year I organise tow days with my best friend to play a whole weekend of FM, with beer, chips and pizza by our side we don't leave our chairs for 48 hours.

I Love It

thats cool, because, nobody of my friend like FM, so i play alone xD but i love it anyway!

Oh I long for the days that you could sit for hour on end playing FM (or CM as it was known back then).. These days the GF, kid and university comes in 1st.. and then there is the job also to take up the rest of my spare time.. This leaves little time for playing-computer-games-times and VERY little for FM (as Day of Defeat seems to take more time than FM lately :D)

Oh I long for the days that you could sit for hour on end playing FM (or CM as it was known back then).. These days the GF, kid and university comes in 1st.. and then there is the job also to take up the rest of my spare time.. This leaves little time for playing-computer-games-times and VERY little for FM (as Day of Defeat seems to take more time than FM lately :D)

The obvious mistake was having a kid around the age you're going to university.

I feel quite lucky; I have a game going online with 3 of my mates every Sunday, and my gf actually likes it!?! She just sleeps in or reads a book ... .and fetches take away breakfast every time!

Ok enough gloating :-)

Once kids enter the picture I'm sure it'll make things harder, but one of my mates that I play on Sundays has 3 kids, and he still manages to get in at least 4 hours every week (he has to get the go ahead from the boss of course ;))

My gf doesn't hate it, but she did mention she wouldn't have a bf when 09 comes out......I made the mistake of watching the video for the first time with her in the room, and then explained how awesome a 3-d match engine was....

And back to the topic, I'm only 19, but my friend and I used to play different games in the same room for hours, and we're gonna start back up when the new game is released.

Archived