This is disgusting and depressing!

I play Man city away from home in the first match of every season for 3 years now,what is this? I neva complain about anything in fm12 as i prefer to just get on with it which makes the game tougher,i can't even give a team talk as my players will get pissed off! i'm getting fed up of all this sh**:confused:

The odds of the exact same fixture three years running is 1 in 55,000ish. Given there are millions of seasons generated by FM every season, this is hardly as surprise that it happens sometimes, let alone disgusting, it is simple (and correct) statistics. Most of the complaints around here seem to be based on a lack of understanding of statistics.

It's hardly a big deal is it? I'd be quite happy to get that game out of the way early and finish the season at home to Wigan rather than the other way around.

The odds of the exact same fixture three years running is 1 in 55,000ish. Given there are millions of seasons generated by FM every season, this is hardly as surprise that it happens sometimes, let alone disgusting, it is simple (and correct) statistics. Most of the complaints around here seem to be based on a lack of understanding of statistics.

Exactly.

I play Man city away from home in the first match of every season for 3 years now,what is this? I neva complain about anything in fm12 as i prefer to just get on with it which makes the game tougher,i can't even give a team talk as my players will get pissed off! i'm getting fed up of all this sh**:confused:

By any chance do you always start the game as a Premier League/Big Club?

The players will get pissed off every team talk you give as they don't respect you, You have to earn there respect with results, league finishings and cup wins. Basically Si have made the game more realistic than ever before, your the unknown upstart who has replaced the previous manager for whatever reason

Or even 1 in 54872 chance.

This forum has 175,970 members, so that means this will only ever happen to 3 of us, statistically (possibly 4 but I've rounded it down, not up).

I wonder if it has already happened to the other 2 users yet? If it has, I haven't seen them post about it. Perhaps they didn't notice, or perhaps they did and put it down to a co-incidental quirk of the game and a simple roll of the eyes sufficed.

Either way, this is hardly disgusting and/or depressing. Put the knife away and get on with the game, dude.

I'm wondering if he is just re-loading to the same point each time because he loses the match after a deflating the team with a haf-time pep talk and wants to re-run the match.

Of course to clear things up he could show us a screen of his fixture list to clrify if its a league or cup fixture

This forum has 175' date='970 members, so that means this will only ever happen to 3 of us, statistically (possibly 4 but I've rounded it down, not up).

I wonder if it has already happened to the other 2 users yet? If it has, I haven't seen them post about it. Perhaps they didn't notice, or perhaps they did and put it down to a co-incidental quirk of the game and a simple roll of the eyes sufficed.

Either way, this is hardly disgusting and/or depressing. Put the knife away and get on with the game, dude.[/quote']

I've had similar situations. I think I kept getting Hannover in the first game for three or four years managing Freiburg. In fact, I think the last game of the season was the same as well.

Don't see the point in complaining about it though. It's a very minor issue!

Archived