Youth Wanting 100k+

Hey all..

The year is 2024 in my game, managing Liverpool, won like the last 7 premierships.

Once I got a good first 11 setup, the rest of my squad are no older than 19 usually.

But of late, getting good young players are impossible. First you have to pay 30m+ to even get to talk to them, then they want 100k+ a season, then they want a 5m loyalty bonus and there manager wants 10m..

This is for a 15-16 year old..

All I can way is WTF!!

Is this a bug or not??

No, the £30m fee and the £100k+ a season wages is FMs way of telling you the club don't want to sell & the player isn't interested in joining your club.

You need to take the hint and look elsewhere or put some work into the transfer maybe signing them a couple of seasons down the line.

Well yes t he 30m means that those teams know those players will grow up to be stars. But their wage demands also depend on how much your are paying for the player, the more money your offering, like 30m, the higher wage they want. This change was done a few games ago, I remember because I'm a very cheap manager and you could pay 50m for a player and then offer him a 50k p/w contract :p

No, the £30m fee and the £100k+ a season wages is FMs way of telling you the club don't want to sell & the player isn't interested in joining your club.

You need to take the hint and look elsewhere or put some work into the transfer maybe signing them a couple of seasons down the line.

Rubbish, you can see scout reports telling you how interested the player is, and if players are not interested the negotiation screen simply stays red. A 15/16 year old telling clubs like Liverpool they want 100k pw is bad coding , and the player base making excuses and trying to attribute real life motivations to bad coding will not get it fixed.

Top talents move club all the time in real life at that age and younger. This game is meant to be a simulation , 15 year old regens selling for 30million and demanding 100k pw is farcical which ever way you want to try to justify it.

Rubbish, you can see scout reports telling you how interested the player is, and if players are not interested the negotiation screen simply stays red. A 15/16 year old telling clubs like Liverpool they want 100k pw is bad coding , and the player base making excuses and trying to attribute real life motivations to bad coding will not get it fixed.

Top talents move club all the time in real life at that age and younger. This game is meant to be a simulation , 15 year old regens selling for 30million and demanding 100k pw is farcical which ever way you want to try to justify it.

I agree the scout report would tell him how interested the player is and how likely the club are to sell. He has simply not got one or chose to ignore it and bid anyway!

The user base moaning is the reason it works like this now rather than the way it used to with clubs telling you to sod off rejecting your bid. Personally I think SI should have ignored the moaners and left it as it was.

I recently signed a newgen that has amazing attributes, a 15 y/o that was valued for $17.25M and wanting at least $35k a week in wages, I guess my mistake was buying him and giving him $38k a week wages. But for that high of a price I put him in the senior team as soon as I got him, a youth player making 3,000% more than other youth players is ridiculous.

I would also demand a very high price for selling my soul to an evil club like Liverpool.

But besides what's already been said in the thread. How high are your current total salary and how high are your limit? If you have like 500 000 of unused salary cap then they will demand more. I always try to have my current total salary close to my salary cap as that will lower the demands from players. They know if you have money to spend and will take advantage of that. If you have a high mean salary i think they will also demand higher wages.

Finally, from where is this player? Is he a British player or from another developed country? I find it extremely hard to buy players from developed countries before they're 17/18.

Combine this with what's been said already in the thread and I don't think it's so weird that he doesn't want to move.

• Administrators

Basically as someone has already stated its basically the club saying they won't sell and the player saying I'll only move for silly money. When Rooney moved from Everton he late stated he'd have moved to Newcastle if Man Utd hadn't have come in for him - how big do you think his wages would have been then? Likewise if the 'user' could sign every decent youth prospect in the game, where's the challange in that? :)

Basically as someone has already stated its basically the club saying they won't sell and the player saying I'll only move for silly money. When Rooney moved from Everton he late stated he'd have moved to Newcastle if Man Utd hadn't have come in for him - how big do you think his wages would have been then? Likewise if the 'user' could sign every decent youth prospect in the game, where's the challange in that? :)

It's not a case of clubs trying to buy a new Rooney for peanuts every season, but it is certainly more expensive to build a good youth team than it is in RL. Aresenal/Chelsea/Utd have been heavily criticised for their poaching of the best players from Europe's youth academies, and they certainly were not paying these hot youngsters 100k pw and paying millions for them.

One day someone is going to make a game that is competition to FM, and you guys are going to have to stop rolling out the stock excuses and the yearly updates with no new features and a recycled ME, and actually work on fixing areas of the game that need work. The transfer module has needed refined for years , and you wont address it for whatever reason.

Either a typo or everyone else is missing the point, but the OP says 100k+ a season...

So much THIS! I wouldn't consider 2, even 4 grand a week unreasonable for a very promising young player.

In the past once your club reached the top, being able to buy up an incredible amount of good youth prospects was very, very easy. And cheap. I think I read that teams will be more aggressive in trying to keep a hold of their best prospects after one of the recent patches which is very welcome.

If his reputation is already high, he will compare himself to the highest earner at your club, and if that highest earner gets 150k+ a season his wage demands will be similar.

30 million for a 15-year-old is ridiculous. Pay 60 when they have finished developing him... 100k a season isn't that much, though. That's less than £2000 a week, which is beggars money these days.

I would only cash out 1/5th of that max for a youngster if he is already good enough to play regular first team football. I once signed a 17-year old (turned 18) Argentinian striker for £15m because I knew he would become the world's best striker and he would be the best player at my club already at that age. He was and he did.

If that is not what you're looking at here, cashing out 30 million for a non-professional player is absolute nonsense. As has been said above, it is good that clubs demand that much because no sane club would actually give away their future gold for peanuts. It is too easy to build a team of super-newgens already, so it is a good sign that AI clubs tell bidders in no uncertain terms what would be required to compensate. I would like that big clubs in the major nations just refused to sell whatsoever and that a large portion of kids don't want to move abroad no matter what you pay.

I never got the one guy, but he was 15 years old

Had to pay 30m to get him

Wages were 100k+ per WEEK!!!

He had awesome attributes already for a AMR/L ST, was 5 star potential and was already being considered for French National Duty(is there an age on that, though there was??

Now, the Player has actually dropped out of the game, 2 seasons on and I cannot find him what so ever!!

Archived