Manchester United - exagerated dominance

Is anyone else finding Manchester United a bit too good?

In my game they won everything (the league, the cups, the Champions league). They had over 100 points in the league, knocked Barca and Real out of CL. The top strikers of Premier league were Rooney and Hernandez, each scoring 29 goals (take a minute to really soak it in... 29 goals... each... in EPL only!!!).

This is really ridiculous.

They finished in the middle of the pack in my first season and were out in the champions league 1st knockout round.

I feel that form is a bit exaggerated. With my unbeaten Bayern Munich team it took until the last couple of matches until I managed to get rid of Köln who were still close, winning an incredible number of matches. I'm sure next season someone else will be on a complete roll...

They finished in the middle of the pack in my first season and were out in the champions league 1st knockout round.

I feel that form is a bit exaggerated. With my unbeaten Bayern Munich team it took until the last couple of matches until I managed to get rid of Köln who were still close, winning an incredible number of matches. I'm sure next season someone else will be on a complete roll...

How is that any different from your own run?

United finished 2nd in 11/12 season behind Arsenal then won the Premierleague in 12/13 season and haven't won anything else in my game. Although one thing I did find funny about United was in 13/14 season Ferguson retired and they have hired Holloway after he managed to get Blackpool promoted back to the Premiership

United finished 2nd in 11/12 season behind Arsenal then won the Premierleague in 12/13 season and haven't won anything else in my game. Although one thing I did find funny about United was in 13/14 season Ferguson retired and they have hired Holloway after he managed to get Blackpool promoted back to the Premiership

That's awesome, Halloway's hilarious, I'd actually love that to happen IRL, I miss his rants.

I'm playing as United and haven't lost in 30 games so far. Does that count? ;)

Being serious, it does vary from save to save. I've seen them be dominant and I've seen them be in the mix with Arsenal and Chelsea, trailing Man City who are blowing everyone away with Aguero scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. I need to load that save up again and look at it, but the amount of goals scored was really high.

Well i had a look at Rooney profile earlier and im in my 6th season he has not scored more than 20 in any EPL season. With me being at lower league clubs, Forest Green and Crewe, i don't lokk too much at the latter stages of FA Cup but notice that there always at least one Championship side in semi final.

United won the first four Prem titles with Man City second three times. In the four title winning years they lost 5,6,6 and 7 EPL games. Not totally dominating only once did they claim title by more than 6 points.

Two FA Cup wins beating Spurs and Reading. Man City, Wolves and Blackburn the other winners.

Never even made final of League Cup, Man City twice winners, West Brom, Liverpool and Sunderland the other winners.

No CL final either, winners have been Man City (2) Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern.

Well, I have all the major european leagues open. And I checked how they all turned out at the end of the seasson. There were some odd things, like Malaga winning the Premier Division. But when I saw what United are doing in EPL I thought it was ridiculous. I was sure they must be some sort of "super team" on this years database. But, as others pointed out, it looks like it was just a coincidence in my save.

How is that any different from your own run?

My run of form was amazing as well, and team talks in general are overpowered (the "no pressure" TT is almost like an automatic win button for me). I did have quite a few close games and draws but have not lost. If I manage the same thing in season 2 I shall be complaining, but it could happen the way it played out for a dominant team (Arsenal after all accomplished the same feat a couple of years ago).

The reason why I mention Köln is because they are a bottom half team that in the first season only lost 2 matches and had 7 draws. What's worse, they lost the opener against my team 1-0, then went on to win 12 straight and I only caught them late March when their form seemed to dip (last 8 matches 4 draws and their second loss)...

Köln seems to be a weird case for me though. they've won 6 straight followed by a draw. Maybe their players and tactics just fit perfectly.

They won the league by 20 points first season, second by 6 in the second, just about to start the third. They have a good side in real life, and I think it’s represented in FM just fine. The one problem I might have with them is the amount of goals Rooney scores, 23 and 25 in the first and second season, and just as many assists.

They won the league by 20 points first season, second by 6 in the second, just about to start the third. They have a good side in real life, and I think it’s represented in FM just fine. The one problem I might have with them is the amount of goals Rooney scores, 23 and 25 in the first and second season, and just as many assists.

That is pritty realistic... Maybe not the assists, but still he's a very good team player and FM can't change its ways for 1 player, so he creates more chances.

ON my save they won the title in the first season by 9 points and in the second they won it by a single point. 29 goals is not hugely unrealistic either, I manage Malaga and thought Llorente would be top scorer as he had 35 goals for my side but David Villa had 40 league goals in 34 matches.

they won the league in my game with 87 points, got knocked out of the League Cup in the third round by West Ham United, knocked out of the FA Cup in the fifth round by Sunderland (me) :) and got knocked out in the Semi Finals of CL by Manchester City

Archived