new football manager, same old story

In my first season, there were lots of injuries.

I am currently in my 5th season now and I have got only one minor injury for a whole season and no red cards. Few certain players in my first team did get enough yellows for automatic match ban though.

It might have something to do how players are used to a certain formation and training workload. Besides match fitness and condition.

injuries or sendings off in every game, games a joke

happens every year

Stop playing Arsenal? But in all seriousness, you're probably playing with a team that has a high injury proneness average and/or a high dirtiness rating.

When I play a possession-style save, tackling on cautious, and so forth, I rarely get cards at all.

I've seen two red cards in 17 games, one for me and one for AI which is not a problem (mine was a double yellow). I have had 6-7 injuries in that time to first team squad (22 player squad), the worst was 2-3 weeks but most are a few days each.

I find the balance spot on so far. As long as the injuries are not just the first 11 I am happy, it is a squad game. In-game knocks seem to be less frequent than previous versions which is less annoying.

Perhaps you have the wrong person set as captain. If you have an aggressive, dirty player as captain then his influence would mean his team mates getting more aggressive and dirtier.

Injuries could just be bad luck. Injury crisis can happen IRL as well as in game. In a previous FM I had 9 players out at one time for a few days or a couple of months. You might also have a bad quality physio or training them too hard.

If i buy a player that will be key for my team he will guarenteed get injured in either a friendly or his first competetive game for at least a month. Happens to me every team every time every FM. I just sort of expect it now.

Archived