Reputation WORLDWIDE issues

Are they worldwide players?

Romelu Lukaku

Daniel Agger :lol:

Abidal is not anymore, I think

Götze is not yet, but he will be in 1-2 years

Per Martesacker, he never be a worldwide defender

Van Nistelrooy??? What has he done in 2-3 years? He was one of the legends but he hasnot got worldwide reputation anymore

Eljero Elia? What has he done in 2 years? Who knows Elia? Is he known as Messi?

Ryan Babel, he is one of the most overrated footballers..And he is not a national team footballer anymore..

Andrea Pirlo is not worldwide anymore...If Pirlo is, Totti and Del Piero are 1000 times worldwide...

Ricardo Carvalho is not anymore...

Arshavin :D he is not for sure...

Razvan Rat is worldwide??? OMG...Why? What has he done???

Anatoly Tymoschuk, why is he worldwide?? He cant play anymore for 2 years...

Diego is not anymore...

John Obi Mikel

Players who are not Worldwide but should be:

Edin Dzeko, Kompany, Vucinic, Fletcher, Ivanovic, Krasic, Hamsik, Volkan Demirel, Bale, Luis Suarez, Diego Lugano, Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Thomas Müller, Mario Gomez, Pedro, De Rossi, Cazorla, Alex Song

These are all I found

But in game you can sell the players with worldwide reputation high money...

For example, while you can sell a player with continental reputation 20 million euro, you can sell him 60-70 million euro when he is worldwide...

The players with worldwide reputation can be sold very easily and every clubs want them...

Ryan Babel doesnt deserve this...

Diego Lugano deserves it while playing for Fenerbahce and Paris St Germain, but Ricardo Carvalho doesn't while playing for Chelsea and Real Madrid?

Reputation is very much weighted by what country you live in. A lot more people in Britain will know Arshavin than Volkan Demirel.

Oh, and this belongs in GD...

Diego Lugano deserves it while playing for Fenerbahce and Paris St Germain, but Ricardo Carvalho doesn't while playing for Chelsea and Real Madrid?

Reputation is very much weighted by what country you live in. A lot more people in Britain will know Arshavin than Volkan Demirel.

Oh, and this belongs in GD...

I didnt mean it...Carvalho was a great defender, still is but the worldwide reputation is not something you talked about...

So why are Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Cannavaro, Ortega, Veron, Giggs, Seedorf not worldwide??

Who is Volkan Demirel? I've never heard of him.

All the ones who've been listed that you claim shouldn't be I've heard of and are either currently important players for quality teams in high rep leagues (Elia & Pirlo @ Juve being a prime example) or players who've been some of the best in their peak (van Nistelrooy, Carvalho & Abidal) who even if they're not as good as they once were are still known around the world from being some of the very best.

I have my doubts that many outside of Europe have heard of your suggestions either. Worldwide would mean they're some of the best known players going. How many people in Egypt or Brazil have heard of Thomas Muller & Fletcher? Willing to bet the majority would have no clue.

Who is Volkan Demirel? I've never heard of him.

All the ones who've been listed that you claim shouldn't be I've heard of and are either currently important players for quality teams in high rep leagues (Elia & Pirlo @ Juve being a prime example) or players who've been some of the best in their peak (van Nistelrooy, Carvalho & Abidal) who even if they're not as good as they once were are still known around the world from being some of the very best.

I have my doubts that many outside of Europe have heard of your suggestions either. Worldwide would mean they're some of the best known players going. How many people in Egypt or Brazil have heard of Thomas Muller & Fletcher? Willing to bet the majority would have no clue.

Volkan Demirel is wanted by Milan, and the first goalkeeper of Turkey...He didnt conceed for 10-11 matches and got a new record...

If we talk about "to be known by everyone" why are Totti, Del Piero, De Rossi, Nesta, Recoba not worldwide?

In game, if your player plays very very good, he gets continental reputation, and then when he plays great he gets worldwide and then his value is up to 100x from 1x...

He is getting more valuable footballer and when you put him in transfer listed, every big clubs want him and you can sell him for very high money...

That is the thing I want to say...My english is not enough but I hope you can understand what I mean...

Why would you laugh at Danny Aggs? When Liverpool went to China this year, he was the player that got the best reception. To be honest with you, this is a thread all about just one man's opinions... Not sure why I'm wasting my time with it at all?!?!

I didnt mean it...Carvalho was a great defender, still is but the worldwide reputation is not something you talked about...

So why are Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Cannavaro, Ortega, Veron, Giggs, Seedorf not worldwide??

I would say without hesitation that all of those player bolded probably have worldwide reputations in the game.

You go on about Van Nistelrooy not doing anything for 2-3 years but the majority of football fans will have heard of him, same for Pirlo, if you question a player that has won a world cup (Being man of the match in the final) and 2 champions leagues then you need to rethink what is meant by reputation? You go on about selling players for 60m+ but some of those players you have listed wouldn't even sell for 10m because there is more to a players value than reputation.

Oh, and just because Demirel is wanted by Milan, it doesn't mean that many people outside of Turkey will have heard of him. I have heard of him and from what I have seen he is a good keeper, but to suggest that his reputation should be anymore than National at this moment in time would be wrong.

I would say without hesitation that all of those player bolded probably have worldwide reputations in the game.

You go on about Van Nistelrooy not doing anything for 2-3 years but the majority of football fans will have heard of him, same for Pirlo, if you question a player that has won a world cup (Being man of the match in the final) and 2 champions leagues then you need to rethink what is meant by reputation? You go on about selling players for 60m+ but some of those players you have listed wouldn't even sell for 10m because there is more to a players value than reputation.

Oh, and just because Demirel is wanted by Milan, it doesn't mean that many people outside of Turkey will have heard of him. I have heard of him and from what I have seen he is a good keeper, but to suggest that his reputation should be anymore than National at this moment in time would be wrong.

These players are continental in my official demo :S

• 2 weeks later...
Are they worldwide players?

Romelu Lukaku

Daniel Agger :lol:

Abidal is not anymore, I think

Götze is not yet, but he will be in 1-2 years

Per Martesacker, he never be a worldwide defender

Van Nistelrooy??? What has he done in 2-3 years? He was one of the legends but he hasnot got worldwide reputation anymore

Eljero Elia? What has he done in 2 years? Who knows Elia? Is he known as Messi?

Ryan Babel, he is one of the most overrated footballers..And he is not a national team footballer anymore..

Andrea Pirlo is not worldwide anymore...If Pirlo is, Totti and Del Piero are 1000 times worldwide...

Ricardo Carvalho is not anymore...

Arshavin :D he is not for sure...

Razvan Rat is worldwide??? OMG...Why? What has he done???

Anatoly Tymoschuk, why is he worldwide?? He cant play anymore for 2 years...

Diego is not anymore...

John Obi Mikel

Players who are not Worldwide but should be:

Edin Dzeko, Kompany, Vucinic, Fletcher, Ivanovic, Krasic, Hamsik, Volkan Demirel, Bale, Luis Suarez, Diego Lugano, Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Thomas Müller, Mario Gomez, Pedro, De Rossi, Cazorla, Alex Song

These are all I found

Worst thread I have seen in a while. Volkan Demirel to be worldwide ? Tzorvas is better then him FFS.

reputation is subjective. There are not too many players whose reputation will be seen the same by everybody. What is there to argue ? That is your opinion. The one you see in the game is the opinion of researchers. If you're not happy because your opinion is different from theirs, change it in the editor or become a researcher

Why would you laugh at Danny Aggs? When Liverpool went to China this year, he was the player that got the best reception. To be honest with you, this is a thread all about just one man's opinions... Not sure why I'm wasting my time with it at all?!?!

Indeed Agger is one of the top names on the back of Liverpool shirts nowadays, I for one have him on mine :D

The original post is a joke, denying that Van Nistelrooy, just to pick a random example, would not still have a worldwide reputation after his fairly well known spell at Utd is crazy, as is Pirlo and Carvalho etc.

For me Dzeko hasnt proved anything as yet. If Bosnia qualify for the euros and he happens to be top scorer in the Premier League then fine but for now he's at a level comparable to Adebayor. Even Darren Bent or Jermaine Dafoe have done more than Dzeko.

Volkan Demirel and Alex Song...why? Who are they exactly?

Reputation is often used by researchers as a mechanism to make clubs play players who are in the first team in real life but have relatively low CA in game. IMO it doesn't work that well, but this explains why some players have seemingly odd reputations. Best not to take it too seriously.

Archived