Things That Have Happened IRL This Season That You Haven't Seen in FM08?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HappyNoodleBhoy:

I'll kick it off with...

Fir Park (Motherwell and Gretna's home stadium) along with other SPL stadiums being waterlogged and frozen nearly every couple of weeks, causing fixture congestion in the SPL.

Since I'm sitting stewing over not having a game to watch today... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talking fixture congestion, as Celtic I had a pile up even though there's no cancellations in the game...had a run to the uefa cup final, but also drew a scottish cup game, the result was at one point playing on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday of the same week, then again the next Wednesday...madness.

The Saturday game was an old firm one too. Here's hoping the SPL are similarly inconsiderate in rearranging Rangers backlog this season....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAMES R:

Fixture congestion shouldnt have an effect if they are pros they should be able to play 2 games a week. Celtic won 2 games in 1 day in the 20's) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my game I usually find that anybody that has played for the reserves/U19's is usually a lot less fit if I bring him in to play a first-team game so it would obviously have an effect if you were playing a set amount of fixtures over a few weeks...although bermybhoy could confirm that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crido:

not seen derby drawing 0-0 with man united! lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif And it didn't happen this season either. icon_razz.gif Ronaldo!!!Ronaldo!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crido:

So when did that happen?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

Derby being ***** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, seriously overachieve on FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HappyNoodleBhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAMES R:

Fixture congestion shouldnt have an effect if they are pros they should be able to play 2 games a week. Celtic won 2 games in 1 day in the 20's) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my game I usually find that anybody that has played for the reserves/U19's is usually a lot less fit if I bring him in to play a first-team game so it would obviously have an effect if you were playing a set amount of fixtures over a few weeks...although bermybhoy could confirm that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I keep about 20 players in the first team squad and try and rotate to ensure all are match fit. I picked a completely different team on the Friday as on the Saturday, using some reserves to make up the numbers, so there was no major issue with any of the players not being match fit, my first pick players played in both the OF game and Euro QF after it.

You might want to think about arranging friendlies for your reserves if you find they lose fitness? I've never had an issue with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Well I keep about 20 players in the first team squad and try and rotate to ensure all are match fit. I picked a completely different team on the Friday as on the Saturday, using some reserves to make up the numbers, so there was no major issue with any of the players not being match fit, my first pick players played in both the OF game and Euro QF after it.

You might want to think about arranging friendlies for your reserves if you find they lose fitness? I've never had an issue with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mate I didn't word that right, I find that if someone has played a few days before for my reserves or U19's they are usually not that fit for first team action. So I would assume if the first team has 3 matches in a week they are not that fit on the third match (if the same eleven were played).

Another thing that's happened IRL that doesn't happen in the game:

Rough defensive midfielders getting less bookings than skillful wingers.

You're right that's just not in the game. Other things that don't happen: players getting booked for being fouled; teams getting 9 men booked in games where they don't put in a bad tackle in the whole match; goals being allowed to stand where the scorer played basketball to control it, 3 yards from the ref; refs who book more players of one team in one game than another team in the whole season. We need realism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sniell:

icon14.gif And it didn't happen this season either. icon_razz.gif Ronaldo!!!Ronaldo!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. OK then

You could probably only do the drugs / criminal behaviour thing with regens anyway. Imagine if you were a Prem footballer playing FM only to be told you've been banned for drug taking! Hello, lawsuit.

I agree with fixture congestion, which only seems to happen on FM when you are phenomeonally successful in all competitions. BUT you could guarantee these forums would be full of people yelling "BUG!" if frozen pitches and the like started making the game a bit more difficult.

As for my two-penneth on the subject, you never see retrospective bans. Often on FM you get commentary like "Keane aimed an elbow at Toure... [pause] ... the ref is calling him over ... [pause] ... yellow card / no action", which sounds a bit lenient to me. You sometimes get bans extended, but never implemented.

Think someone mentioned it earlier re additional bans for "frivolous appeals" which is where there was obviously no grounds for appeal (such as the "He started it" argument Middlesbrough failed with this season).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joor:

I have not seen any player dribbling past more than one opponent in fm 08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I meen is that; you dont see players take those long run from deep own half and try to run past the defence. If they dribble, is just past one and then pass the ball, they never continue the run..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

Yeah, i've yet to see them relegated on my FM. It's a bit daft.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Yeah, i've yet to see them relegated on my FM. It's a bit daft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've got relegated on mine... icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robterrace:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Yeah, i've yet to see them relegated on my FM. It's a bit daft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've got relegated on mine... icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you!

yeah ,on my game im in season 11 - 12 and there are pushing for a uefa cup spot and are 8th and have near enough a great team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joor:

I have not seen any player dribbling past more than one opponent in fm 08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I meen is that; you dont see players take those long run from deep own half and try to run past the defence. If they dribble, is just past one and then pass the ball, they never continue the run.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive seen this a few times but only with wingers I havent seen skillfull Central Midfeilders dribbling through the centre

Archived