Ask a player to take dual nationality

As the title says, I feel it would be a good addition to the game if, once a player has been in a country for the required amount of days, that you could have an option to ask them to take on that nationality.

I find this would very helpful particularly in spain where south americans only need two years there, but I find constantly they arent taking up citizenship.

This is a pain because there is a limit on the amount of non eu players that you can register for the season.

Just want to know if anyone else has this problem and what you think of the idea?

Thanks

I agree. Often I lose quality players on free transfers because i am denied a work permit for there new contracts and then the old contract expires releasing them on a free. This happens even when they have the option to take a EU nationality and then get a work permit to play.

Originally posted by hazzabee:

I find this would very helpful particularly in spain where south americans only need two years there, but I find constantly they arent taking up citizenship.

Is this a big issue? I manage a Premiership side and I've got Tenerife as a feeder. Every single South American sent down there will accept Spanish citizenship in two years. We're talking 100% success rate out of approx. 15 players. All of them are youngsters.

Are you sending mature players off to your Spanish feeder? Maybe older players are less likely to accept citizenship if they don't see a future with your club.

Whats with the bumping? Why do you need to bump twice in one minute?

I guess the feature could be put in but I've never had a problem. Wouldn't hurt to see it in there though.

There seems to be some confusion from Neyles.

I manage in Spain as F.C Merida now in the spanish first division. I agree that when a player goes on loan to spain from another country he will take up the citizenship, but when you are a club in spain trying to get south americans to take citizenship they wont.

I agree with Hazzabee, I have had this situation a couple of times. For example I had Banega at Atletico for nearly two years and could see he was due a passport so signed an extra non eu player to take his designated spot. Banega decided to wait until after the player registration deadline to confirm his spanish nationality so as a result i had to wait until christmas for the registration window to open and register the new player.

Originally posted by abu645:

I agree with Hazzabee, I have had this situation a couple of times. For example I had Banega at Atletico for nearly two years and could see he was due a passport so signed an extra non eu player to take his designated spot. Banega decided to wait until after the player registration deadline to confirm his spanish nationality so as a result i had to wait until christmas for the registration window to open and register the new player.

From what I have seen (played in Spanish league), they all would take a total of 800 days to turn Spanish (from 2 years = 730 days requirement). I'm not sure why, but it's 800 days which means you're most likely to miss out to sign another non-EU player, after that 2 years, for a window.

I agree - provided the players don't always agree themselves. Also, some countries don't allow their citizens to hold other countries' passports - this should be better modelled on the game. If they're not international yet, they could be asked to switch and have a much lower probability of accepting.

Originally posted by Neyles:

No confusion. icon_smile.gif

It's just not a problem that I've encountered.

Yes there is confusion

You are managing a big club so they are playing in spain to get a work permit for a big enlgish premiership club, you are not trying to get them to get a dual nationality just so they can play for a mediocre spanish club

This could also help International managers, i.e Cudicini could play for England if he accepted the dual nationalty thing

If this could happen for a country with less good keepers then it would be good, somebody like America (lets face it, Howard not the best)

think it has to be added if you are looking to add more realism to the game as SI are. I think a manager in real life would ask a player to take it if they were looking to add another non EU player.

As I use the MLS, I've taken a liking to Toronto FC due to the fact that players only need 3 years to be eligible for citizenship, as opposed to the 5 years for US teams. I load up on young talent from Argentina (that obviously haven't declared for their nation yet) and other South American nations for cheap. Now I just need to make it through 3 seasons to see if my plan works, as Canada doesn't generate enough talented players to be competitive. Anyone else done this with such a low-profile nation? Does it work?

• 2 months later...
As I use the MLS, I've taken a liking to Toronto FC due to the fact that players only need 3 years to be eligible for citizenship, as opposed to the 5 years for US teams. I load up on young talent from Argentina (that obviously haven't declared for their nation yet) and other South American nations for cheap. Now I just need to make it through 3 seasons to see if my plan works, as Canada doesn't generate enough talented players to be competitive. Anyone else done this with such a low-profile nation? Does it work?

Doing this with San Marino is the ultimate challenge, it's in the challenges thread, i believe someone has completed it in the past week or so!

This would be a really useful feature. For instance, at the beginning of the game Felipe at Udinese (a Brazilian) has been in Italy for the required length of time but doesn't yet have Italian nationality. It usually takes a few months for him to get it, allowing other clubs to join the chase. Obviously, it would be unfeasible to suggest being able to ask this of players at other clubs but excellent if we could ask our own.

I've never encountered this problem when a player needs a WP (some time after playing in my team for 5 year a player considers English nationality for ever and never takes it, however this doesn't effect my selecting of him).

Slightly off topic, but what type of feeder club do you select to get a Spanish one - is it a WP or International?

I'm currently in season 2032 and in all these seasons have never been offered a Spanish club (I have loads of South American players which have had to spend 3 years in Belgium/Poland) :(

I've never encountered this problem when a player needs a WP (some time after playing in my team for 5 year a player considers English nationality for ever and never takes it, however this doesn't effect my selecting of him).

Slightly off topic, but what type of feeder club do you select to get a Spanish one - is it a WP or International?

I'm currently in season 2032 and in all these seasons have never been offered a Spanish club (I have loads of South American players which have had to spend 3 years in Belgium/Poland) :(

Who are you managing? What feeder clubs do you already have?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to find answers about Sergio Aguero but got none...so I thought posting here my question was a good idea (don't want to start a thread for something so simple)...

I am managing Aguero in Atletico Madrid...anyone had problems with him taking Spanish citizenship?...he has spent 762 days already but still thinking about it...any of you could let me know (please) if he'll decide to just do it or he'll stay as an alien and killing (for me) the chance to get Banega on a very low price? I made room for Akinfeev and have Juan Manuel Torres (ARG)...Aguero is just a pain if he stays like that...or I must wait over 800 days and see what happen?...maybe buy Banega in winter window transfer?...I am at july 1st so to reach 800 days for Aguero means a waiting period of 38 more days and maybe by mid August Aguero takes his Spanish nationality...just dunno what to do because I am planning a very strong midfield with pure DM and don't have alot of money to spend for some 1/2 decent european overpaid DM. Any answer or advice will be very appreciated.

Ciao from Italy,

Vincenzo

This could also help International managers, i.e Cudicini could play for England if he accepted the dual nationalty thing

Why would England want him? Their already sensational without him or havent you noticed?;) Getting back to the original question then as you probably know if you read some of my posts on the subject then I'm all for an addition to the game like this. I think this would be especially useful if your managing in the UK where I have personally found this nationality thing to be a big problem. So this idea definitely gets a :thup: from me.

try offering him a new contract. sometimes thats been known ot make them take the 2nd nationality. if that doesnt work, i dont think you can do anything but wait

thanks! :)

I tried with a new contract but Chelsea is (as usual) trying to convince him so I am fighting to keep him with me (at least)...he refused my new 5M for 4yrs contract while he is on a 3.1M/4yrs contract...

...damn Abramovich! :(

Ive had a similar problem, im playing with the latest patch and Almunia has been considering citizenship for a full season now, im England manager and could really do with him in the net for me. It would be good on future version's if you could ask them to talk citizenship through the player interaction button. It would be helpfull not just for club managment but for international managment, especially when you are smaller nations with a limited amount of players to pick from that one extra could be the difference.

i would say select a w/p one, that should hopefully bring up a spanish club, if there's one your board think suitable. if you already have a w/p club though, i doubt you'll get another one. ive never managed to have one in Belgium, and one somewhere else, they seem to limit it to one w/p club

• 2 weeks later...

Archived