Getting the right guy

What postion do you struggle to buy for?

Mine has to be the GK, hours spend searching for players and scout report after scout report yet still cant find one.

Sure i've signed some stop gap free transfers, maybe making a profit on my way. But i want a GK i can keep for seasons not just the odd 1 or 2..

i have to agree, i find regen goalkeepers so hard to find...

however one of my greatest ever regens and captures was a goalkeeper. Got him at 15 for 90k from sligo rovers after i searched for GK with +15 for reflexes and handling and under the age of 16. He was the only one but after scouting him, my scouts said he only had 1.1/2 star rating...signed him anyway and became a club legend!

Right back has always been the hardest position to buy for on FM. Probably because there's quite a lot of areas where I like them to be strong. There also seems to be more quality left backs than right backs around.

i can never seem to find a good super sub style striker to cover my god like striker xD always play with 1 striker, and i can't seem to get that area covered >.<

His name is hulk. ;)

Right now I am having trouble finding young CBs with decent composure.

I just look for pace acceleration positioning and tackling for full backs and i tend to unearth plenty.

Goalies are different. I tend to buy someone quite early who I know I can turn into a number one later on - Alex Smithies, Areola, Luis Guillherme.

I've got 5 GKs...

But I recently sold an DR and a DC and then, a massive injury crisis, so I was left having to play a youth DC, who was awful. And in 1 game he was the defensive line, all by himself,while I played MR and ML instead of DR and DL, a 1-7-2 layout :)

Really? You can't find DMs? In my Liverpool game I have way too many DMs in my squad. I think at 1 point I had like 8 guys who's DM, but I play some of them as CM. I like to buy them young and develop them myself, maybe that's why. But they all have good pace, tackling, marking, passing, heading, and positioning. Maybe creativity a bit lacking only in the 13-15 range, but not so important for DM.

To the original question, yeah GK and DR/DL seems to be hardest. I was lucky to get 2 regen GK when at the 2nd season. Now they're my 1st and 2nd choice in year 2021. I think just keep snatching up the regen GK when they are young is good. Besides the ones I have on my team I can't find any better GK in the game now. For DR/DL even the ones I have they're top in the game but I still think they're lacking in some areas. So DR/DL also I think are hard to find both that can defend and also good going forward.

Right backs are the hardest....

Millions of them that just run and run but cant defend....

Id rather have a solid one than one that will spend all his time in the oppositions side of the pitch..

I've got the opposite problem. I've got a couple of decent full backs who are more like centre backs when I really want one who will go forward and attack.

I always struggle to find good wingers, but when I get one it makes a huge difference to my team.

I've got the opposite problem. I've got a couple of decent full backs who are more like centre backs when I really want one who will go forward and attack.

I always struggle to find good wingers, but when I get one it makes a huge difference to my team.

Well, I play as Sheffield Wednesday..

So it doesnt matter how good my wingers or defenders are.. I just convince myself not having a proper full back is the problem :D

I always lose :(

Archived