File that stops players getting upset easily

i have come up with a little fix for this by editing some xml files fully tested to 2012 did not go on holiday

first thing i have noticed players dont get unhappy easy now i hated when Ai managers would transfer list ronaldo then off him out

on test none of the top players got offerd out

the game plays a lot better now

its just a little fix till sceond patch comes out in mid december

file should go here

Programs/SportsInteractive/Fooball Manager 2011/Data/Updates/Update-1110

http://www.mediafire.com/?k5wfez915po3zf4

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fantastic if it reduces the likelihood of players becoming unhappy. Out of curiosity though, how does the market flow in general with this patch? Is it anything like how it functions in 10.3? Whether it does or doesn't, it still sounds like an improvement on things as they stand, so thank you very much for this. I'm just assuming that AI teams being reluctant to buy players / too many good players being made redundant / the general lack of transfer activity is surely a very separate problem to Ronaldo, Messi, Dzeko, et al. becoming unhappy and submitting transfer requests.

Anyway, as I say, thank you in advance and I can't wait to give it a try.

Any more info on what you have actually done with the file? How it will effect buying and selling, AI transfers and so on?

it dosent effect how you buy and sell player it just stops players from getting unhappy easy thats all

Hmmmm. I used winmerge to check what the file changes are that Chris22 has done and I cant find anything different from the original media.fmf to this download one. Are you hoaxing us ;)

Chris22 - can you tell us what you have changed.

no hoax i opened the player interaction xml changed false values to true

I dont see a player interaction.xml file in the media.fmf directory.

which one exactly did you change as I went through all the files and they are identical to the originals.

If FM11 is like FM10, then you have to unpack the media.fmf file using the Resource Archiver tool. This'll unzip a load of .xml files, which I'm guessing is what Chris22 has edited.

If FM11 is like FM10, then you have to unpack the media.fmf file using the Resource Archiver tool. This'll unzip a load of .xml files, which I'm guessing is what Chris22 has edited.

I have done that. I just dont see a player interaction.xml file in any of the folders inside the media.fmf file.

I'm not knocking your work Chris, I just like to see 'under the bonet'. I like modding, editing and messing with variables in games.

Right, there is no player interaction.xml file in there.

I'm assuming he's referring to one of the player XXXXX.xml files located within the interaction folder of the media.fmf file. Example: interaction/conversation comments/own player/player unhappiness/treated unfairly.xml

Right, there is no player interaction.xml file in there.

I'm assuming he's referring to one of the player XXXXX.xml files located within the interaction folder of the media.fmf file. Example: interaction/conversation comments/own player/player unhappiness/treated unfairly.xml

Thats what I thought at first too. I use a program called winmerge and it opens the files to do a comparison in a side by side view. The first check it does is to show you the changes between the files. The original media.fmf files and these by Chris are identical. So thats why I was asking what exactly was changed.

Cheers for that, Chris.

I'm as oblivious as I am curious, so how complex is this xml editing lark? For example, if someone wanted to try to get the transfer market to be like it was on 10.3, I'm assuming that attempting to achieve this would be far more complicated than simply getting hold of the relevant xml files from FM10 and replicating some of the values on their FM11 equivalents?

I would like to try this out but if all it does is stop the AI managers from making their players unhappy than it doesn't really look like a hotfix. I am by no means trying to knock your hard work either, just trying to get a clarification.

So far my understanding of this "hotfix" is to replace the file at \Fooball Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\media.fmf.

Given the "hotfix" is indentical to the one at \Fooball Manager 2011\data\media.fmf as someone pointed out, all we really need todo is to delete this file \Fooball Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\media.fmf and start a new game.

Since replacing or deleting media.fmf file in the update folder appear to "fix" the problem im guessing this transfer bug is present only when the update patch is applied.

So far my understanding of this "hotfix" is to replace the file at \Fooball Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\media.fmf.

Given the "hotfix" is indentical to the one at \Fooball Manager 2011\data\media.fmf as someone pointed out, all we really need todo is to delete this file \Fooball Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\media.fmf and start a new game.

Since replacing or deleting media.fmf file in the update folder appear to "fix" the problem im guessing this transfer bug is present only when the update patch is applied.

Has the transfer bug only existed since 11.1.0/11.1.1 then? If so, then you could also copy and paste the original media.fmf into the /update-1110/ folder.

Has the transfer bug only existed since 11.1.0/11.1.1 then? If so, then you could also copy and paste the original media.fmf into the /update-1110/ folder.

No. The 11.1 update does not replace the three files he mentioned. 11.1 media.fmf has only one file in that folder (see #32). Which means the current download must be the wrong file.

No. The 11.1 update does not replace the three files he mentioned. 11.1 media.fmf has only one file in that folder (see #32). Which means the current download must be the wrong file.

Well not really, I'm guessing he's edited the 11.0.0 media.fmf if the 11.1.0 media.fmf has only updated one file inside. If so then perhaps this problem existed in 11.0.0 and nobody's noticed it until now? I wouldn't know, I don't have FM11 so I'm guessing really.

Have you downloaded the new upload version from post #34?

Yes.

Well not really, I'm guessing he's edited the 11.0.0 media.fmf if the 11.1.0 media.fmf has only updated one file inside. If so then perhaps this problem existed in 11.0.0 and nobody's noticed it until now? I wouldn't know, I don't have FM11 so I'm guessing really.

It's been a major concern from day one as far as I know.

It's been a major concern from day one as far as I know.

Ah, there you go then. He's edited the 11.0.0 version.

It would be interesting to see SI's take on this seeing as in the bug thread they're talking about tweaking the algorithm that controls player happiness, rather than editing a few .xml files.

^ It concerns me that player happiness is the only area they've acknowledged up to this point. That particular aspect of the transfer market's problems seems but the tip of the iceberg. The transfer market was perfect in 10.3, so I find it difficult to understand how everything has suddenly gone pear shaped on FM11 as far as transfer activity in general is concerned. If only player happiness is going to be addressed in a patch, then I fail to see how it'll be much different, let alone come close to emulating the system in 10.3

Archived