Fm11 too easy?

is anyone else finding the game too easy i am playing two saved games at the moment both played half of first season one with west ham where i am 1st in the prem and only lost 1 game the other saved game i am birmingham and 2nd in the prem and only lost 2.

i am not using any special tactic just a simple 4-4-2.

maybe its a bit too early for me too judge with having only played half a season and form could take a dip

but the fact im playing a simple 4-4-2 with two teams that should be fighting relegation and both well overachieving

i guess if i keep on winning like this with teams like west ham and birmingham i might have to try a lower league challenge as so far im not finding managing in the prem very challenging which is unfortunate as i have always enjoyed and prefered to manage premier league teams

I've found it to be either really easy or very hard depending on where I'm playing and what tactics I'm using. I've learnt never to play 4-4-2 unless I want to draw. I played 4-4-2 at Hartlepool in the 9 games I took over for (drew 6, lost 3, won 0) and at Queen of the South I only won 3, lost 4, 11 draws. In my new game at Santos I've developed 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 and I'm winning everything. Could just be that the Brazil league is naturally easier but I think it boils down to tactics.

goalkeeper - defend - philosophy - balanced

full backs - automatic - starting stratagy - standard

centre backs - limited (defend) - passing - more direct

right midfield - winger attack - creative freadom - default

left midfield - winger attack - closing down - press more

ball winning midfielder - defend - tackling - more aggresive

advanced playmaker - support - marking - man marking

target man - support - crossing - default

advanced forward - attack - roaming - default

target man supply - mixed

defence line deep (around half way back)

tempo - quick (just)

passing - mixed

no counter

no offside

It's funny, every time SI releases a new game there are people who find the game "too easy" and at the same time there are others who find the game "too hard", personally I'm kind of in the middle because I almost never play with weak sides, I play with my favorite club (Real) and the game seems a lot easier than what I would imagine it to be playing as Ceuta or Bari or any other side that is simply not as good as Real, Barça or Chelsea.

But I still find some elements of the game frustrating, which make the game harder for me, like the amount of yellow/second-yellow cards I get (I had 4 games against Barça in a very quick succession and had a player sent off every game) as if the ref has a thing for me, or the stupid moves my team performs, like taking the ball all the way to the corner flag so they can cross it in only to be taken by the goalkeeper, or the random loss of morale which seems to be totally random, but I guess is affected by some things that I overlooked.

Either way I love FM and the fact it makes me so emotional (be it happiness or anger/frustration) makes me love it so much more.

TL;DR

It's not too easy, it's your tactics.

At Spurs it is a mixed bag. I've just beaten liverpool 3-1 so easily in the league. Ok, so Gerrard was half fit but still. I also beat man utd 2-1 at home again

I'm second in the league going strong, beat Ac Milan 1-0 at home, drew 0-0 at san siro, but despite this i have lost 4 times, in the league

to wolves, stoke, bolton and chelsea. Lost 4-2 at home to sunderland in league cup 3rd round, with a decent team. So it's mixed.

I was finding it easy until I installed the patch. Now im struggling to win games. After a loss your players moral drops considerably and its asthough moral is too big a factor in the result of the game. If you team has low moral in general you can kiss a win goodbye. Ive resorted to leaving out my world class stars and playing squad players still with high moral just to win games.

• 5 months later...

I find this game all too hard. Or well, I got a save from a person here at the forums for some months ago, and I won like 20 games of 20 with that team and tactic. With Barcelona I had 38-0-0, just going 4-3-3. But when i tried some other teams like Sevilla, Valencia and some "ok" teams, then I really failed. For me it seems to be both the tactics and the morale that's bringing me down, except from when i do have really good players (like in Barca and in the downloaded save I played with).

So well, I think you guys have really good tactics and a really good management.

The AI isn't the best. That is something that makes this game easy.

The morale/player interaction stuff, however, is extremely difficult to get a hold of and is something that makes the game very difficult unless you do what it takes to learn enough about it to get rid of the feeling of total randomness. Even if you do this, there are still things that are random about team talks, at least as far as I have got - but for the most part I am having success whichever club I take over and with different tactics. It certainly took some time to get there, though! FM11 is a lot harder than FM10 because the players are so fragile in the head (and body). Once the quicksilver nature of your players has become clear (or is fixed by building a squad of the right player personalities), learning how to beat that challenge should be quite possible for anyone.

So if you find the game too easy, you have a professional and determined squad, an excellent assistant manager (if you use him) and/or have "cracked the code" of team talks.

If you find it too difficult, you have one or more of those above un-checked.

Sounds a lot like what I use tactic-wise, I'm finding I win the premiership every year as Truro, usually fairly comfortably, but I cant seem to crack europe, I always lose at one point in the knockout-phases and sometimes ever so narrowly, sometimes in the final. I just can't seem to do Europe, I dont really understand why.

• 4 months later...
Did you buy lots of good players using installments over 48 months? That makes the game really easy but it will mess up your finances in the long term.

Yes, that can bring lots of short term success. Something needs to be done about that. I'm sure it's not that easy in the real life. The board shouldn't keep allowing you to buy lots of players on 48 months installments. (The board should know that will mess up their finances in the long run)

As a man v machine, if I didn't dominate I wouldn't play. Cue the real life simulation fanatics. It's a game and as such you should be able to win. Half a season is not much though I might add. The game is also so much harder when you play in a league that has a salary cap and limit on foreign players. To that end it is perfect for me as an Aussie but perhaps less so for Europeans.

FM09 ws already too easy - Adelaide United in A League (13 season I think) and after 10 games I am 10-0-0 with 37 gls for and 1 agnst. My Youth team after 9 games is 9-0-0 with 46 gls for and 2 agnst. I have already easily passed Alex Ferguson at the top of the hall of fame and won Confederations Cup, Olympics Gold Medal and U20 World Cup (twice) with Australia.

Yeah it's a bit too easy i think, i barely sign any players for any team i manage, i never don't use pre-game/after game team talks, just half time if we're not winning, and i've not downloaded any tactics.

I've even tried crippling myself with a few tactics, no width (1-4-2-2-1), no midfield (2-3-5 pyramid), no strikers, playing with no fullbacks and just 2/3 at the back gives me mostly clean sheets for some reason, all out attack tactics, nothing seems to make a difference. We win most games, with the majority of the goals scored against us being absolute screamers or corners.

And it's not down to the teams i choose really, i usually play with teams that will struggle to get to groups in Europe competitions

How does manager's past experience makes the game easy or hard?

If you choose International Player background, you will start out with a high reputation. This will make it easier for you because the players will respect you, better players would want to play for you, you will have more time to succeed and the media will go easier on you.

If you choose Sunday-League Footballer you will start out with a low reputation. This will make it harder for you because the players will not respect you (in higher leagues) as they will have higher reputation than you do, something which will make them unmotivated to play for you. The media handling will be more difficult because the other managers will bash you and ridicule you, possibly succeeding in lowering the morale of your team. Good players will not want to move to your club.

for me it gets easier the more you play. 1- the more time you spend, like scouting players and setting up tactics etc. 2. the longer you stay at a club, the easier it gets. this is my porblem. because to me it seems that the computer mangages the clubs badly in the long run. i never see a club truly dominate like man utd has done over the years, while my own squad is getting better every year.

There comes a point where the game can only be a bit challenging if you impose handicaps on yourself. If you don't handicap yourself much, you'll always win everything with relative ease in due course. It's been like that for a long time , so it's definitely not specific to FM11 or even FM period.

Archived